Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Poste Italiane: War on Cash!

I posted the following on the Italy Ground Crew thread, but I guess I'd better put it up here, too. I can't find an official translation so I'll try to do my best:

http://salastampa.poste.it/news.php?news_id=176

Latest Communication
Post Office Becomes No Cash
May 11, 2009

"Experimentation has begun in eight Italian cities. Payment only with Postamat, Bancomat, credit card or Postepay.

""No cash" Post Offices are arriving. By May 11, Poste Italiane will initiate the experimentation of a revolutionary model of Post Offices where all products and services may be paid only with electronic money: Postamat or Bancomat, credit card or prepaid cards like Postepay by Poste Italiane.

"The test phase will be launched in eight Italian Post Offices in high density commercial, professional and residential zones: at Corsico (Milan), Venice-Mestre, Florence, Isola Del Liri (Frosinone), Frattamaggiore (Naples), Mugnano di Napoli, Bari and Palermo. All services wil be offered: the usual postal services (priority consigned mail, packages, regular correspondence mail, etc.) as well as financial services (paying bills, money transfers, etc.) and only payment by way of electronic cards will be accepted.

"War on Cash. The purpose of the "no cash" Post Offices is to maximize the level of service in terms of resource professionality as well as technological quality, incentivate the use of alternative payment systems, in harmony with the Sepa Project (Single Euro Payments Area) sustained by the Banca d’Italia, which aims to extend the process to European integration to retail payments in euro effectuated with instruments other than cash. Poste Italiane has for some time now already welcomed the invitation of national and EC governmental institutions to bring the country up to the same level with the rest of Europe in terms of penetration of the innovative payment instruments and is engaged in the iniziative of war on cash, made strong by its own leadership in the emission di Pay cards (more than 11 million) and because of its capillary presence in the country.

"More security and efficiency in the operations. The use of the alternative payment systems is also an important instrument to guarantee major security, avoiding the risk di robbery, but will serve also as a guarantee, higher efficiency and will simplify the Post Office's operative activities.

"Who will use the new Post Office. The experimentation of the new type of Post Office means to better the quality standard of the service to benefit citizens and the small to medium sized businesses. To these, the new Post Office will offer a personalized environment with a higher level of privacy. In fact, alongside to the director of the Post Office and the tellers of the new Post Office, specially trained personel will be operative for retail clients and for small-medium businesses.

"Access only with the electronic card. Admittance to the Post Office will be permitted only by the use of electronic cards: an optic reader collocated on the outside of the Post Office will permit the entrance of Postamat, Bancomat, prepaid Postepay or credit card holders issued from any credit institute."

PS: If you go to the link above, you can see the video file from Rai TV (in Italian).

(((Thanks Burgundia!!)))

Last edited by WiNaDeYo; 05-12-2009 at 05:41 PM.
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote