Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default What is your earliest memory in this life?

Some scientist say that we do not remember anything prior to the age of 2 which is a heresy. I remember whole scenes, particulary one event with a lot of details. I asked my mother when it happened and she told me that i was then 1,5 years old! i could communicate ( speak) at that age using full sentences.
however I remember scenes when I was a few months old. I remember the face of my mother leaning over me when I was in a baby carriage. and other scenes when I was able to walk but not speak yet. I remember wondering why my parents were always buying me new shoes when the older ones started to become comfortable. However I was unable to tell them about it then.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: What is your earliest memory in this life?

Hi burgundia,

This topic is one that has interested me for a long time. I always wanted to know what a baby thinks about in its' cot.

I know that when we smile at a baby, sometimes they smile back and when we tickle and make faces they can even laugh. But do they remember this?

I can only remember from when I was three years old and that is sketchy, but I would love to do some sort of experiment where we can see what a child thinks about what is going on around them at such a young age and keep reminding them about it as they grow up.

Will they remember the incident, or just being reminded of the incident?

This whole topic fascinates me.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Some scientist say that we do not remember anything prior to the age of 2 which is a heresy. I remember whole scenes, particulary one event with a lot of details. I asked my mother when it happened and she told me that i was then 1,5 years old! i could communicate ( speak) at that age using full sentences.
however I remember scenes when I was a few months old. I remember the face of my mother leaning over me when I was in a baby carriage. and other scenes when I was able to walk but not speak yet. I remember wondering why my parents were always buying me new shoes when the older ones started to become comfortable. However I was unable to tell them about it then.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: What is your earliest memory in this life?

Not to wax morose here but when I was very Young My Father and My Mother were Arguing. I was in My Crib and in this Argument - My Father pushed My Mother and as Her back was to the Stairs - Down the Stairs She went...

I asked My Mother Years later about the Incident and She turned to Me and said ;

"How do You know about that ?"

I said;

"I can remember it from a long time ago."

She then went on to tell Me that the Incident had occurred when I was four Months Old. I was like WTF and so was She...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

I have two distinct memories of my early years. One of which I saw evidence of for years, while the other one is completely impossible.

The first one is of when I was only a few months old. My mother had been nursing me and then lay me down on my stomach on my parents' double bed on a rose colored, satin bedspread. I was then sick which left a permanent stain that lasted for years.

The second one was when I was two years old and we were moving house. The truck containing our furniture pulled up just outside our back door and I can still see, in my mind's eye, a radio which was about four feet tall, sitting on the back of it. That was in 1938.

The only problem is that it wasn't until ten years later, in 1948 when dad bought a Morris 8, and had to dig out a driveway wide enough for the car to get up to the back door, that a vehicle could access that area.

The property next door was about six feet higher than ours was and our footpath had a six foot bank on that side, and a stone wall on the opposite side. Dad had to cut into the bank far enough to allow access for a vehicle.

So I can't explain why I have this vivid memory of a truck parked by out back door with a radio sitting on the back of it.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

My earliest memory was sitting up in my pram probably around a year old, remember looking round my grandmothers sitting room and feeling very small in a very large room.
As i grew older and obviously as you grow i realised that room was quite tiny.
Another memory at the age of three, i stole the glass butter dish of my grandmothers dining table and run out of the house with it, placed it on the small garden wall in the front garden pulled myself up to sit on the wall and started eating the butter with my fingers!
I must of had a thing for butter in those days lol.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

i remember clearly being in my mother's womb ... for me not a pleasant experience ... being placed there ... knowing the life experience i was about to enter would not be a cake walk ... and yet ... not knowing the details ... but knowing it was all for purpose ...

i remember my mother giving birth to me ... in the next few months i recall not experiencing very much contact with my parents ... i remember mostly being left on my own ... ok by me ... i simply observed my environment and the world around me ... was always content ... my mother said i very rarely cried ... she could count the times on one hand ... i was quite entertained just watching ...

i remember an incident when i was seven months old ... i was in the dining room experiencing something very new ... it was boredom ... there was an interesting plant across the room that i wanted to feel its big green waxy leaves ... i remember experiencing my first actual process of thought ... i needed to get to that plant and thus fulfill the boredom i was experiencing ...

something came over me ... telling me to get up ... go to the plant ... and so i did ... i was sitting at the time and got up and began to walk over to it ...

it was like the world came to a stop ... i stopped as well for i felt shock from my parents ... they weren't saying anything in that moment ... but i felt their energy ... i stopped because i thought i did something wrong ... when i figured out all was well ... i continued my journey to the plant and when i arrived i remember holding the leaves ... turning to my parents and laughing so hard ... mission accomplished!

after that ... i remember everything fluently ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I remember being a twinkle in my dads eye
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

MY EARLIEST MEMORY..........I WAS BORN IN 1961 AND WHEN MY MAM AND DAD MOVED INTO THERE OWN HOUSE WE LIVED IN GRANGETOWN RIGHT BESIDE THE STEELWORKS I REMEMBER WE HAD A ZINC BATH ! AND GOING IN THAT BESIDE THE FIRE IN THE FRONT ROOM I REMEMBER MY MAM BEING PREGNANT WITH MY SISTER SHE WAS BORN IN 1963 I REMBER SITTING BETWEEN MY MAM AND DAD THEY WERE EATING FRYUP (BUBBLE AND SQUEEK) international readers it is what was not used on the Sunday lunch .....or Sunday dinner as we call it in the north, and fried up in a frying pan so there would be mash peas cabbage turnip collie ect ect, LOVELY !! ANYHOW I REMEMBER THINKING "HEY WHERES MINE", I WOULD BE ABOUT A YEAR AND HALF .................... KINDEST REGARDS DAVE CASTER
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

About 4 or 5 years old.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 AM   #10
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I need pictures to spark my memory but when I see them, I can usually recall those events.

My oldest intact memory is right after I lost my hearing and that would be at 4 or 5.

I am in a library, trying to understand a teacher and not being able to hear a thing. I rely on lip-reading for the first time. I am confused. I am scared.

And I still remember one of my first nightmares:

I am staring into the dark, trembling and cold and I start pointing to the darkness and saying something that defies it and a creature of sorts chases me and everything moves like a spiral of sorts. I wake up in a cold sweat.

I am hoping to find a way to dig up even more old memories as I feel I am a position to deal even with the worst of them. Some memories are already coming back and it's helping me to analyze them as I am at a different part of my life and able to apply my life lessons.

I read somewhere on here about how peoples' memories will start coming back as a process of moving into a new density.

Last edited by Humble Janitor; 03-20-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
Braydog
Avalon Senior Member

the earliest memory in this life? i was wearing nothing but a diaper. i remember it was snowing. We were living in Lancaster California at the time. i was walking around our front door making foot and hand prints in the snow. i cant remember anything before that. i remember my dad giving me this huge hunk of metal (it was a carburetor from a car). i would take it apart and put it back together. i cant recall what age i was but we moved from lancaster before i started preschool.

this thread definitely brings back good memories
Braydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:12 AM   #12
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydog View Post
the earliest memory in this life? i was wearing nothing but a diaper. i remember it was snowing. We were living in Lancaster California at the time. i was walking around our front door making foot and hand prints in the snow. i cant remember anything before that. i remember my dad giving me this huge hunk of metal (it was a carburetor from a car). i would take it apart and put it back together. i cant recall what age i was but we moved from lancaster before i started preschool.

this thread definitely brings back good memories
In this life? DO you remember other lives?

Good memories...means... Happy times Love surrounding
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #13
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Swanny, best one yet: " I remember being a twinkle in my dads eye "

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #14
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

My very earliest memory: I am floating in an endless expanse of iridescent multiple-colored clouds, when I FEEL a voice say ... "He is ready, send him"

Then I was born into a cold room full of glaring light, hung upside-down by my ankles, and slapped on my butt.

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 AM   #15
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

Well my earliest memory was before i was 1, i remember falling head first into a swimming pool, still have the recall of holding on to the slippery sides and then slipping in.
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #16
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

My earliest memories are at the age of 2. My parent's old haus had a huge garden which south part bordered with a railway track.
I remember hearing the horn sound of the train, running desperately fast to the railway tracks in order to see the "monster"

My mother says that I've done that everytime when the train passed by and that everyone in the whole family had at least once tried to stopp me...

I have fluently memories of almost everything since the age of 4.
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

I remember a dinner party my parents were having, my mother carried me down the stairs to meet the guests. I remember the dress she was wearing, the noise, all the people, and in particular the fabric of the dress... it was itchy! Years later I asked her about that dress and she could not believe I remembered it; let alone knew about it. The party happened when I was only three months old. The dress was only worn that one time, and it was black scratchy polyester, she thought it was itchy too!

No doubt, we can remember things at an early age.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

I was 18 months - 2 years old, my mother made me some porridge, while I was waiting for it to cool, a green tree frog jumped from the window sill and landed in my porridge! Thats the earliest thing i can remember.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #19
Braydog
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post

unfortunately no, . i didn't mean to have that intro mean that haha...
Braydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I can remember when my sister was born, I was 3 years 3 months then. I remember my 3rd birthday and I can remember building a snowman with my dad which must have been when I was 2 as we moved out of that house before the next winter.
I can remember falling out of bed and falling down the stairs when my dog tripped me up Grr
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #21
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi BROOK,

I dont remember another life (I can barely remember this one!), however I do remember vividly a dream that I had when I was around four or five years of age that I had twice.

The dream was that I was lay on a bed in a room and when I tried to cry for help, or tried to get up I was put to sleep, not by anyone at my side with an anaesthetic, but by a force. Iron shutters would also close over the windows.

Almost immediately that I was made to sleep I was allowed to wake up again and was allowed to remain awake as long as I didn't cry for help or try to escape.

During the dream I even tried to catch my 'restrainers' out by waiting for a couple of minutes and then screaming, but to no avail, they would make me sleep, cover the windows and then immediately I woke up again.

This dream I had twice over the space of a week. It was so vivid that I remember it even today.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post

Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi BROOK,

I dont remember another life (I can barely remember this one!), however I do remember vividly a dream that I had when I was around four or five years of age that I had twice.

The dream was that I was lay on a bed in a room and when I tried to cry for help, or tried to get up I was put to sleep, not by anyone at my side with an anaesthetic, but by a force. Iron shutters would also close over the windows.

Almost immediately that I was made to sleep I was allowed to wake up again and was allowed to remain awake as long as I didn't cry for help or try to escape.

During the dream I even tried to catch my 'restrainers' out by waiting for a couple of minutes and then screaming, but to no avail, they would make me sleep, cover the windows and then immediately I woke up again.

This dream I had twice over the space of a week. It was so vivid that I remember it even today.

Best regards,

Steve
Perhaps you were made to wait to be recycled back to this life....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #23
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

I am amazed at how much you guys remember. Even now most of my past is only fragments and don't even ask me when what happened. I have the feeling that I access my past not across an imagination of time but much more associatively.

Anyway, earliest memory is either dancing on all four below the table while my mom's watching TV in the living room, no idea why but I madly happy at the time, and the other one is probably standing in the cellar hearing helicopters pass over the house.

Maybe I was 4 or 5 but I have no way of telling, really.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #24
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Mines appears to from when I was a few days old. What I actually remember is lying facing upwards with a really bright light all around and seeing 3 shadows, the very right hand side was shorter, to theft of that was a taller figure standing really close to the shorter one. A few more steps to the left was another figure. I can remeber them mubling, no words though.

When I got a bit older I was told by my parents that I was 2 weeks premature and had jaundice. I was placed in an incubator type thing and the second they metioned I was under a light that memory just hit me like a wall! I told them I remebered. I believe it was my parents standing side by side and a doctor to the left - although I stress they were just shadows of figures against the background light.

I think that makes it my oldest memory - or as Steve said in a previous post its like a memory of a memory.

Peace
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I think that makes it my oldest memory - or as Steve said in a previous post its like a memory of a memory.
I have caught myself a lot at synthesising memories i.e. making up a memory from my perspective after someone tells me a story about a part of my life I supposedly took part in. Can we really trust what we remember to remember?
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote