Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #101
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: The secret life of plants

Thank you Gio and Lightbeing : gorgious

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #102
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

I just bumped into these vids. This is certainly what you would call an alchemical garden.

Part 1 - The "Mastery" of Spagyric Healing

The Soluna Medicinal Gardens, found in San Pellegrino, Italy, produce some of the highest quality homeopathic spagyric remedies in the world - The Solunates.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #103
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Really great video Phtha,

very interesting.
It so good to see that people around are waking up to their roots to Earth and the cosmos.

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #104
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Plants can dance:

Enjoy this . So beautifull

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-24-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #105
alchemikey
Avalon Senior Member

The Tickle Me Plant

"Dan Carlson is the inventor of the Sonic Bloom system. What motivates Carlson is a horrifying event he witnessed in the early 1960s. In Korea as an enlisted soldier he was obliged to watch, impotently, a starving Korean mother lay the legs of her small child beneath the rear wheel of an army truck: crushed legs created an authentic cripple, entitled to a family-saving food subsidy.

Back home, entitled to the GI Bill of Rights, Carlson spent many hours in the University of Minnesota library, studying plant physiology. Struck by the idea that certain sound frequencies might help a plant breathe better and absorb more nutrients, he experimented with various frequencies until, with the help of an audio engineer, he found one range that was consonant with the early morning bird chirping that helps plants open wider their stomata, or mouth-like pores.

On every leaf there are thousands of such small openings. Each stoma--less that 1/1000 of inch across--allows oxygen and water to pass out of the leaf, or transpire, while other gases, notably carbon dioxide, move in to be transformed by photosynthesis into sugars. During dry conditions, the stomata close to prevent a wilting plant from drying out completely.

Photomicrographs show plant stomata opening wider to Carlson's frequencies, while a Philips 505 Scanning Electron Microscope shows substantially higher stomata density on a leaf treated with Sonic Bloom; additionally, the individual stomata are more developed and better defined."

http://www.originalsonicbloom.com/background.html

peace,
mikey
alchemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #106
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Blessings
lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #107
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Heart shaped leaves

Blessings
lightbeing
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #108
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Just stopped by and.... I'm speechless.... Nature is something really wonderful.
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #109
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

My Work with Nature Spirits (Devas)
A documentary note of work in progress

Oliver W. Markley

Ver 2.0, February 3, 2003

Please note: If you are not familiar with the idea of nature spirits (“devas”), I strongly suggest that before reading this note you read “Excerpts from To Speak with Angels ”—a tight summary and compilation of what I found most pivotal in Dorothy Maclean’s (1980) autobiography telling the story of why and how she learned to communicate with the plant spirits (which she came to call Devas ) at the Findhorn Gardens in Scotland. Her full book title is: To Hear the Angels Sing: An Odyssey of Co-Creation with the Devic Kingdom.
Part One: Introduction

This is an unusual story. One dealing with nature spirits (“devas”) and their capacity to help human concerns—phenomena that are part of the mythologies of most traditional cultures, but which are dismissed by modern day scientists as “mere” superstition, even though considerable evidence exists that they can be real. Just as with the healing power of prayer, unimpeachable evidence of which now exists, even though it is still considered superstition by many who consider themselves “scientific.”

By way of beginning, I suppose this story should commence with a remarkable experience that happened, as a retired professor now living on the Hawaiian “garden island” of Kauai, when I was fortunate to find a lovely retreat “hermitage” cottage in a region of high intensity spiritual energy—the Kapahi district surrounded by Kahuna Road, immediately below the sacred mountain of Makaleha. To get to the cottage, I had to drive by a nursery called “Growing Greens”—a place that totally got my attention because, before even getting within sight of the nursery, I could always discern a very large and intense energy surrounding the nursery—an energy that I could only associate with the type of nature spirits called plant devas by the people at Findhorn Gardens in North Scotland. (More will be said about the Plant Devas at Findhorn later on.)

At first I didn’t give this energy any particular notice, other than to make a mental note to visit the nursery soon, so as to see what is happening there. But something else happened first. Something that totally got my attention, and made it imperative that I connect with the nursery for more than a cursory visit.

read more of this wonderfull story here:

http://www.unfoldingemancipation.org...ureSpirits.htm

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-25-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #110
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

The Egyptian "Walking" Onion

As their scientific name "Allium proliferum" states, these hardy little onions are very "prolific". After planting them in your garden you will have onions every year for years to come! Egyptian Walking Onions are also called "Tree Onions, Egyptian Tree Onions, Top Onions, or Perennial Onions."

The wonderful walking onion.

Egyptian Walking Onions are one of the first plants to emerge in the spring. The greens (leaves) will grow up to 3 feet tall. When they reach their full height a miniature bouquet of flowers will bloom at the top. When the flowers become fertilized each one will produce a little bulblet. Each bulblet looks like a miniature onion. A bulblet is also referred to as a "set". Egyptian Walking Onion sets are smaller than the ordinary garden variety onion sets. They range in size from 1/4 inch to 1 inch. Every Egyptian Walking Onion plant will produce a cluster of bulblets at the top, hence the name, "Top Onion," meaning they are top-setting onions. Each cluster can have as few as two sets, or as many as 20 sets. Sometimes a new leaf will emerge from a cluster of top-sets like a little branch, and a second cluster will grow from it, hence the name, "Tree Onion." Eventually the clusters will get heavy enough to pull the plant over to the ground where the bulblets will take root and grow new onion plants in a new location, hence the name, "Walking Onion." These onions will literally walk all around your garden! In the ground, the Egyptian Walking Onion plant produces a small onion which can be harvested. If left in the ground, the onion will produce offsets and form a cluster of onions.

Source: www.egyptianwalkingonion.com

Blessings
lightbeing

Last edited by lightbeing; 06-25-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: copyrights
Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #111
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.

The Buddha

Namaste
lightbeing
Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #112
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #113
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

That cotton shirt you’re wearing? It came from seeds. The milk you drink and the wool in your rug? Seeds played a big part in their creation. The petunias spilling from your window box, the maple tree shading your patio, the oil you use to sauté your onions, and yes, your onions, too—all from seeds.
Every seed has a little miracle inside it.It’s been recognized for eons that as a civilization we are heavily dependent on seeds, but we just don’t understand much about them.

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-25-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #114
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Yea, seeds are a very fascinating subject to just sit there and ponder upon.

It's amazing how many plants create these seeds seemingly out of nowhere, and in massive amounts, all packed full of life, in such an itty bitty shell, which then create solid matter out of water, thin air, and sunlight. Lots of matter at that!

More proof creation is not just a big accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
[IMG]

That cotton shirt you’re wearing? It came from seeds. The milk you drink and the wool in your rug? Seeds played a big part in their creation. The petunias spilling from your window box, the maple tree shading your patio, the oil you use to sauté your onions, and yes, your onions, too—all from seeds.
Every seed has a little miracle inside it.It’s been recognized for eons that as a civilization we are heavily dependent on seeds, but we just don’t understand much about them.

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by Phtha; 06-26-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #115
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

GREAT ! seeds, seedlings, sprouts...my favourite food !

Why eat sprouts? There are many reasons.
In addition to providing the highest amount of
vitamins, minerals, proteins and
enzymes of any food per unit of calorie,
sprouts deliver them in a form which is easily
assimilated and digested.
In fact, sprouts improve the efficiency
of digestion.
Sprouts are also deliciously fresh and colourful.

Sprouts are nutritious. They are baby plants in their prime.
They have a greater concentration of vitamins and minerals, proteins, enzymes, phytochemicals, anti-oxidants,
nitrosamines, trace minerals, bioflavinoids and chemo-protectants such as sulphoraphane and isoflavone which work against toxins, resist cell mutation and invigorate
the body's immune system than at any other point in the plant's life even when compared with the mature vegetable.

Researchers at Johns Hopkins University School of
Medicine have discovered that 3-day old broccoli sprouts have exceptionally high amounts of a natural cancer-fighting compound.
For many years, scientists have known that vegetables
in the cabbage family benefit health.
Recently, they've been successful in drilling down further to uncover those benefits, and the reasons why eating such foods can reduce the risk of disease. Dr. Paul Talalay and
his colleagues, researching this question for over 20 years, showed that some varieties of vegetables such as broccoli contain high amounts of a substance called 'sulforaphane'
which helped support antioxidants, such as vitamins C and vitamin E.(1)
This is another example of the synergy which we often find in nature.
Next, the researchers found when testing
tender shoots of broccoli at the 3-day-old stage that they contained high amounts of a concentrated form of the cancer fighter, 20 to 50 times more than in mature brocoli. (2)

Broccoli sprouts

Read more: here

ENJOY!

Blessings
lightbeing
Old 06-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #116
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Let's see if this works now...

Old 06-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #117
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

These are both Camelia Japonica, from my garden.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #118
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

The Japanese Camellia (Camellia japonica) is one of the best known species of Camellia. It is a member of the Theaceae family or tea family. It is a flowering shrub or a small tree native to Japan, Korea and China. It is also the official state flower of Alabama. It is also called the “rose of winter.”

The genus of the Camellia japonica was named after a Jesuit priest and botanist named George Kamel. Carl Linnaeus gave Camellia japonica the specific epithet japonica because Engelbert Kaempfer was the first to give a description of the plant while in Japan.

Camellia japonica is valued for its beautiful flowers, which can be single, semi-double flowered or double flowered. Camellias were introduced into Europe during the 18th century and had already been cultivated in the Orient for thousands of years. Robert James of Essex, England, is thought to have brought back the first live Camellia to England in 1739. Camellias were first sold in 1807 in an American nursery as greenhouse plants, but were soon sold to be grown outdoors in the south.

Camellia japonica has appeared in paintings and porcelain since the 11th century. Early paintings of the plant are usually of the single red flowering type. However, a single white flowering plant is shown in the scroll of the Four Magpies of the Song Dynasty. Camellias are seen as lucky symbols for the Chinese New Year and spring and were even used as offerings to the gods during the Chinese New Year. It is also thought that Chinese women would never wear a Camellia in their hair because it opened much later after the bud formed. This was thought to signify that she would not have a son for a long time.

One of the most important plants related to Camellia japonica is the Camellia sinensis, which is the plant tea comes from. This plant is not usually grown in gardens because it has small white flowers, unlike the Camellia japonica, which has larger, more beautiful flowers. It is not seen in art as often as the Camellia japonica, but it is shown in a painting called the Song Hundred Flowers which hangs in the Palace Museum in Beijing. Camellia sinensis may have been used as medicine during the Shang Dynasty. It was first used for drinking during the Zhou Dynasty.

Source: Wikipedia
Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #119
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Old 06-27-2009, 04:17 AM   #120
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Gemoes, those Camelia Japonica are sure pretty. They sure have lots of pedals.

Here are some pictures I took today in the garden.
This first one just bloomed, yesterday it was just a bud.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #121
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Wow , Wow , Wow ...Lightbeing, Phtha, Gemeos, Alchemikey... friends what makes this garden most unusual and exquisite is the shower of Love you all put into it .
Thank you so much for being so wonderfull gardeners .

Love from me.
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-27-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #122
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Wow mudra, a bamboo forest..reminds me of the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Blessings to all gardeners !

lightbeing
Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #123
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Edible Flowers

Borage

Tuberous form of nasturtium

Nasturtium

Gentian sage

Calendila flower

For information on edible flowers read: here and here

Caution: Always check a trusted food reference source
before using flowers in recipes. Never use non-edible flowers
as a garnish.

Blessings
lightbeing
Old 06-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #124
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #125
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post

My Work with Nature Spirits (Devas)
A documentary note of work in progress

Oliver W. Markley

Ver 2.0, February 3, 2003

Please note: If you are not familiar with the idea of nature spirits (“devas”), I strongly suggest that before reading this note you read “Excerpts from To Speak with Angels ”—a tight summary and compilation of what I found most pivotal in Dorothy Maclean’s (1980) autobiography telling the story of why and how she learned to communicate with the plant spirits (which she came to call Devas ) at the Findhorn Gardens in Scotland. Her full book title is: To Hear the Angels Sing: An Odyssey of Co-Creation with the Devic Kingdom.
Part One: Introduction

This is an unusual story. One dealing with nature spirits (“devas”) and their capacity to help human concerns—phenomena that are part of the mythologies of most traditional cultures, but which are dismissed by modern day scientists as “mere” superstition, even though considerable evidence exists that they can be real. Just as with the healing power of prayer, unimpeachable evidence of which now exists, even though it is still considered superstition by many who consider themselves “scientific.”

By way of beginning, I suppose this story should commence with a remarkable experience that happened, as a retired professor now living on the Hawaiian “garden island” of Kauai, when I was fortunate to find a lovely retreat “hermitage” cottage in a region of high intensity spiritual energy—the Kapahi district surrounded by Kahuna Road, immediately below the sacred mountain of Makaleha. To get to the cottage, I had to drive by a nursery called “Growing Greens”—a place that totally got my attention because, before even getting within sight of the nursery, I could always discern a very large and intense energy surrounding the nursery—an energy that I could only associate with the type of nature spirits called plant devas by the people at Findhorn Gardens in North Scotland. (More will be said about the Plant Devas at Findhorn later on.)

At first I didn’t give this energy any particular notice, other than to make a mental note to visit the nursery soon, so as to see what is happening there. But something else happened first. Something that totally got my attention, and made it imperative that I connect with the nursery for more than a cursory visit.

read more of this wonderfull story here:

http://www.unfoldingemancipation.org...ureSpirits.htm

Kindness
mudra

Mudra.... THERE ARE FACES IN THE FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!

I was just scrolling down being amazed at the beauty of the pics of flowers and instantly saw the faces...

Whoa is that awesome... Hi Deva Spirits in the flowers.

Last edited by Christo888; 06-27-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote