Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
stiffsock
Avalon Senior Member

Default UrbanSurvival.com daily blog update - webbots, economy, geopolitics.

George Ure has been posting a daily blog Mon - Sat since 1997.

I have been following him and his Half Past Human buddies for over a year now.

This blog has changed my life.

I wish to have discussion on its daily updates. You can view the blog by going here: http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm
stiffsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
stiffsock
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: UrbanSurvival.com daily blog update - webbots, economy, geopolitics.

Quote:
Meantime, the meltdown in the banking sector continues with rumors that Bank of America may pick up the remnants of Lehman.

Then there's Washington Mutual trying to reassure anyone who doesn't have fear in their eyes that they have enough money to press on.

Just a reminder, you want to drop by the government's FDIC web site, the Office of Thrift Supervision and the Credit Union sites after the close. It's Friday - so the bank failures are announced after market close today. Last week's loser: Silver State Bank of Nevada.

The Great De-Levering is on!
I am in Atlanta. We saw some craziness with Integrity Banks closing. Hard to believe Lou Dobbs lost almost everything on that one. Since he was an investor in the establishment of the bank, does he get 100k from the fdic?

lol

Has anyone experienced one of these bank closings yet? What happens to your money and when do you get access to it or a check from the fdic?

Do you have to submit a claim with them or something?

Does it take weeks to get your money from them?
Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
stiffsock
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: UrbanSurvival.com daily blog update - webbots, economy, geopolitics.

Quote:
personnel have been evacuated from a total of 562 production platforms, equivalent to 78.4 % of the 717 manned platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
Quote:
Personnel from 93 rigs have also been evacuated; this is equivalent to 76.9 % of the 121 rigs currently operating in the Gulf.
That is a lot of production that has been shut down by these two storms. I wonder who isn't getting their oil deliveries?

How long does it take for that production cut to get the market? 6 months?

hmmmmm....... right in driving season.... again.....
Old 09-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
stiffsock
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The U.S. envoy to Venezuela has been tossed out on his ear by president Hugo Chavez with allegations of a coup plot, says the NY Times.
News story I read out of the UK said he was doing it to show solidarity with Bolivia's expulsion of diplomats over the riots.

I guess that could be misconstrued into a coup plot? *shrug*
Old 09-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
stiffsock
Avalon Senior Member

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1019989.html

I think that one of the recent project camelot phone interviews mentioned this information. The fact that the U.S. was holding back on some bunker-buster bombs that we promised Israel because "somebody" may be second guessing the Iran attack after Russian's massive flexing of their muscles.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
Kukulcanessa
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation "9/11-like" CHAOS-Impending Event Alerts - Oct 7, 2008 to Feb. 19, 2009

"9/11-like" CHAOS-Impending Event Alerts - Oct 7, 2008 to Feb. 19, 2009

-- Arlington Institute and The Web Bots (www.halfpasthuman.com) - are independently forecasting Impending Event Alerts. In the case of the Arlington Institute, it is the next 60 day in the USA. In the case of the Web Bots, the impeding Event Alert period is from Oct 7, 2008 through Feb. 19, 2009, with a warning period during Sept 22-27, 2008. Each of these think tanks follows a different, though procedurally analogous methodology in arriving at these Alerts.

Both Think Tanks are forecasting an event period of high emotion, comparable to a "9/11 Event chaos" lasting 60 days to four months instead of ten days.

http://exopolitics.blogs.com/2012ago...09/post-1.html

Last edited by Kukulcanessa; 09-14-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: "9/11-like" CHAOS-Impending Event Alerts - Oct 7, 2008 to Feb. 19, 2009
Kukulcanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
stiffsock
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't looked into Arlington Institute yet. Thanks for the post. I am going to check it out.

I know George has some elliott wave folks and astrology folks that consistently parallel half past human with similar prescient predictions.

George didn't post much on Saturday other than how his ranch faired through the storm. On Friday he had some interesting commentary on the PPI numbers.

Quote:
The last line of the table should give you a hint: Producer Prices at the Crude Goods level has just driven off a cliff. OK, yeah, they've been up 38% on an unadjusted basis in the past 12-months. But this? A deflationary disaster pulls into view.

In the very short term this should be catnip for the markets. But in the long term, watch closely: Capital is being destroyed and in order to stop the spin, we're likely to head down what I call "Japan Road" - which is where the Japanese in 1989 (and shortly thereafter) had to take interest rates to zero (and beyond) in order to halt the slide. Even so, they saw the Nikkei go from over 40,000 to around 10,000.
The last table shows August PPI at -11.9% from 4.2% in July. It was -3.5% in August of last year, however. This would seem to present argument that it isn't "that bad," but as George constantly points out, these numbers do not reflect the exponential increase of the data year over year nor are the adjusted for inflation, which is running in double digits.