Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
punter2003
Avalon Senior Member

Default has bush actually got the balls?

A vote . has bush actually got the balls to claim a national emergency, cancel the election, and declare martial law. I doubt it. ( also as a side note regarding a self forfilling prophecy, it is claimed that this led hitler to be convinced that he was hisler from the nostradmus predictions, and he acted appropriately. Is bush going the same way.?)
stay safe.
punter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey
Default Re: has bush actually got the balls?

hes a mere puppet preforming its master's dance while he/she/it hides behind the curtain.. in short, yes; i expect to see this occur.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
Tuza

Our Prime Minister here has just been on the news saying they want this thing passed.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
MusicLover

He will do what he is told when he is told.I am sure he could careless.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover View Post
He will do what he is told when he is told.I am sure he could careless.
I rather think it's more a case that he believes what he's told. He lives in a reality that I certainly don't share, but to him, I'd guess it's the only reality.
Pam
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
Wetpicketfence
Avalon Senior Member

R"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government." -U.S. Declaration of Independence
REMEMBER THIS...
Wetpicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
Banned

Damn right he has to balls to declare martial law, lest we forget this guy stole an election...

Will he actually do it? I don't know. I believe he'll do whatever he's told.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

isnt there a story going around that during hurricane catrina the people trapped in prisons were taken out and executed with a single gunshot to the head. 5000 of them i hear.. i think he has the balls.. but its not a case of balls when your are incapable of empathy.martial law 6th october imo.. that goes for the uk also i think.. brown will declare a state of emergency to..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think has the political power right now, with a 70% disapproval rate. People are very riled right now because of the bailout.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
Book

One of my personal favorites:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go well,
Book
Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter2003 View Post
A vote . has bush actually got the balls to claim a national emergency, cancel the election, and declare martial law. I doubt it. ( also as a side note regarding a self forfilling prophecy, it is claimed that this led hitler to be convinced that he was hisler from the nostradmus predictions, and he acted appropriately. Is bush going the same way.?)
stay safe.
I don't put ANYTHING past this guy.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #12
dragonfly
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetpicketfence View Post
R"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government." -U.S. Declaration of Independence
REMEMBER THIS...

Easy to remember, but...How do we implement it!?!
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #13
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contactee77 View Post
My inner voice is telling me that the election will be suspended, a national emergency will be declared, and martial law will be implemented.
Wow, you have an inner voice ? I wish I had !

I have an inner feeling .... now I know why I am feeling more and more sick about this ....
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote