Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
no caste

Default Calgary Is 'Epicentre' This Weekend ... ?

I thought I'd run this by the crew... it is a loopy story!

While a Bilderberg 2003 Prime Minister (who may not actually be liked by the Bilderbergs) was in Beny-sur-Mer, France this weekend for the 65th anniversary of D-Day on Saturday Jun9-09, his wife was leading a parade in Black Diamond (which is a few km from her home town (Turner Valley, oil important historically*), and one local paper reported that the visiting royal couple (Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Rys-Jones) were pleased to be here for the invitation-only D-Day memorial ceremony.

Mrs. Harper rode a black Quarter horse at the parade. A black horse, renamed George (originally Terror), was recently given as a gift by the RCMP to the Queen of England.

Mr Harper's seat as an MP is in Calgary. It's an oil town, like Houston; there was huge wealth driving around until the recent economic downturn. Calgary was moments away from perilously being hit with 'satellite debris' (curiously, radioactive?) [PDF 1p] earlier this year - see this Avalon thread too, particularly Henry Deacon's notes. Also, 2 Russian bombers invaded Canada's airspace just before President Obama's first international visit here.

------------------------
*Turner Valley was discovered during the first era for its Oil and Gas and is known as the birthplace of Alberta’s Oil and Gas industry. In 1914 the first producing well came into production. It is known as Dingman #1. Turner Valley boasts a remarkable history as not only the first major oilfield in Alberta but at one time the largest oil producer in the British Empire.
http://www.turnervalley.ca/
Old 06-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Calgary Is 'Epicentre' This Weekend ... ?

i know calgary well. i lived there from age 7 to late 30's. it is indeed a boom town, arguably the financial heart of canada and certainly the hub of canada's oil industry.
it would indeed be a primary target. i fear for my family there. i currently live 800 kms north.
i just spoke to a friend there who could see 8 construction cranes from his apartment window.
the recession has not hit there very hard, yet.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

I was born there and left in 72. Glad I,m not there now. Too many people for my liking.
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

'72 was my first year at the u of calgary.
i experienced the rapid growth from 15,000 in 62 to over a million now.
it's a city for the rich. lotsa bling and glitz.
my 91 year old mom is there.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote