Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default All Hallows Eve

I was wondering since its knocking at our doorstep of any spiritual significance with the now mainstream holiday. I know there is but never have had anything clarified. I'm specifically wondering around the idea of 'energy' in the air and its effects on meditation.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All Hallows Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
I was wondering since its knocking at our doorstep of any spiritual significance with the now mainstream holiday. I know there is but never have had anything clarified. I'm specifically wondering around the idea of 'energy' in the air and its effects on meditation.
The "energy" in the air is pure evil. Halloween is a holiday created by pagans. It became mainstream because of the huge amount of money being made by the greedy corporate heads. Deep down along the money and spiritual chain, the elite want everybody to "love and cherish" their twisted and satanic holiday with the "trick or treating" and the "fun for kids" mentality. Spiritually? It's one of the most evil and demonic times of the year. Stay clearly away from it if you don't want to mess with the wicked spirits wondering around to attach themselves to your mind, heart, and spirit.

-Phillip

Last edited by ctophil; 10-31-2008 at 01:31 AM.
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:04 AM   #3
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
The "energy" in the air is pure evil. Halloween is a holiday created by pagans. It became mainstream because of the huge amount of money being made by the greedy corporate heads. Deep down along the money and spiritual chain, the elite want everybody to "love and cherish" their twisted and satanic holiday with the "trick or treating" and the "fun for kids" mentality. Spiritually? It's one of the most evil and demonic times of the year. Stay clearly away from it if you don't want to mess with the wicked spirits wondering around to attach themselves to your mind, heart, and spirit.

-Phillip
I don't know how evil it really was, I think that mainsream has hijacked it and made it commercial just like Christmas and easter.

Quote:
Halloween's beginnings take place around 500 B.C. in the area that is now Great Britain, France, Scotland, and Ireland. October 31st commemorated "Samhain," or the Celtic New Year-the day marked the end of the summer season, the end of the harvest, and the beginning of winter.

The Druids, who were the spiritual and intellectual leaders of the Celts, believed that on this day the barrier between the physical world and the spirit realm is suspended-it's the day the spirits, elves, and fairies are allowed to not only walk among the living, but also meddle in our affairs.
To appease the ghosts and monsters of the past, the Celts built large bonfires, had sacrifices of animals and food offerings, and held celebrations. The celebrations included such practices as bobbing for apples-the first to come up with an apple in their mouth would be the first to marry in the coming year. The events were also designed to welcome and honor the Moon Goddess, who is now more prominent due to the shorter days.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:12 AM   #4
being
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a most beautiful lecture written on the Mysteries of Halloween.

http://gnosticteachings.org/the-teac...s-of-halloween
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #5
islandman
Avalon Senior Member

I think its a great night, why not celebrate the dark side, You cant have all the good parties for ying and not bother to recognise yang. The bonfires and the costumes are great at this time of year.

History

Halloween has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠaunʲ]; from the Old Irish samain).[1] The festival of Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes [2] regarded as the "Celtic New Year".[3] Traditionally, the festival was a time used by the ancient pagans to take stock of supplies and slaughter livestock for winter stores. The ancient Gaels believed that on October 31, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the alive and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops. The festivals would frequently involve bonfires, into which bones of slaughtered livestock were thrown. Costumes and masks were also worn at the festivals in an attempt to mimic the evil spirits or placate them.[4][5]
islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
2+2=5
Avalon Senior Member

Wasn't it something to do with dressing up in scary masks to scare the evil spirits away?
2+2=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:58 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:32 AM   #8
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

the trick or teating came from the children of the pagen villages going house to house asking for food and fire wood for their festival.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:37 AM   #9
PodWORLD
Avalon Senior Member

Link to a book about the history of Halloween. I havent read it yet.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/boh/index.htm
PodWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 AM   #10
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post

-Phillip

here he goes again folks. only thing "evil" here is you phillip.

only "evil" thing attaching to anyones mind is you and what you bring here. there is some Truth for you bud.

Im going to have a long talk with some of the mods I stay in contact with.
for sure.

and if my calling you out gets myself banned,
thats all good to.

You might actually stop to think for a minute if you knew how many ppl have contacted me about you.

astounding really.

Congrats.

and Happy Halloween Everybody!!

ill take my "devils weed" and have one for ya for Halloween. lol

lol

Last edited by Orion11; 10-31-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:54 AM   #11
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
here he goes again folks. only thing "evil" here is you phillip.

only "evil" thing attaching to anyones mind is you and what you bring here. there is some Truth for you bud.

Im going to have a long talk with some of the mods I stay in contact with.
for sure.

and if my calling you out gets myself banned,
thats all good to.

You might actually stop to think for a minute if you knew how many ppl have contacted me about you.

astounding really.

Congrats.

and Happy Halloween Everybody!!

lol
I'm really not a negative person by no means, but my patience has been truly tested by Phillip, which is a good thing in itself, and thank you Phillip for that, but the remarks in my opinion have gone too far, promoting fear mongering, ignorance, and negativity. From what I've gathered, Arcora and Phillip for the most part have the same beliefs. Arcora has handled himself a thousand times better in terms of productive and respectful conversation, and that is my argument on the basis of behavior, not beliefs.

I would also like to spend this moment to thank you Arcora for being here and engaging us in a different perspective in a very positive manner. I also appreciate your response to my question. Thank you and namaste.

If the mods take it into their own hands, I feel they should address Phillip (PM) and give him a second chance if he's willing to participate in discussions in a more positive and beneficial manner, and not straying off topic while preaching his beliefs. We're all here to learn, and forgiveness is a key part to the whole picture. Just felt like sharing my two cents.

If I have crossed the line mods, please contact me personally on the matter.

It's all about the love Phillip

Oh, and yes, HAPPY ALL HALLOWS EVE!!!
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:09 AM   #12
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

thanks for that Greg,

i always enjoy and learn from your posts.

and im sure i have crossed the line in some responses to Phillip, (i was aware of my ignorance while doing it, boo to me , i know. )
i apologize to everyone else for having to read it.

but Ive had enough, and so have allot of you.
so Im ready to deal with the consequences of speaking my mind.
So, if those of you who run the show, feel I have crossed the line to far
( even the mods who i have conversations with about this cat, lol), please dont hesitate to do what you feel you must. lol

i appreciate the behind the scenes backup though. lol

eh,

thanks again Greg,
you are very wise.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote