Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Accepting Peace Prize, Obama Evokes 'Just War'

This is so cynical it makes me want to puke. I'd comment more but the whole sentence would end up filtered.

Quote:
“We must begin by acknowledging the hard truth,” Mr. Obama said. “We will not eradicate violent conflict in our lifetimes. There will be times when nations — acting individually or in concert — will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified.”
Quote:
“We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend,” Mr. Obama said. “And we honor those ideals by upholding them not when it is easy, but when it is hard.”
Oops, forgot the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/11/wo...1prexy.html?hp

The New York Times of course decided that "Just War" belonged in the title of the article.

Last edited by Jnana; 12-10-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Accepting Peace Prize, Obama Evokes 'Just War'

Well... now we know exactly what Barack Obama's agenda is 100%!!! He is a catalyst of war. Thereby accepting an award for Peace.

May their entire agenda boomerang into their own camp!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

War is peace! Nobamas peace prize proves that!

Ignorance is bliss! Rats can have fun in a cage if they don't think anything else exists!

Being healthy means your a nut! Why else would carcinogens be present in 90% of store bought food other then to keep us sane?

Conspiracy theorists are whack jobs! 2 planes really did make 3 buildings come down at free fall speed with the precision of controlled demolition!

Cancer is incurable! Royal Rife never existed!

That is right everyone! We should stay in our little box, after all we wouldn't want to become a crazy person! Now where is my prozac!:shocke d:
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Yep, gotta admit, Obama just another player for the PTB.

Ironic isn't it?
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

well, it was never fair was it, always people approved by the stablishment? so now they have gone all the way to show the rubbish prices they are... I don't know if any have noticed that tptb seem to be running out of luck lately ...making blatant mistakes... maybe they are on drugs?
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
Well... now we know exactly what Barack Obama's agenda is 100%!!! He is a catalyst of war. Thereby accepting an award for Peace.

May their entire agenda boomerang into their own camp!
Well considering that we are in a time-frame of accelerated energies....which has its good & bad......I'm talking karma here.....accelerated karma will come back to bite them in the butts.....you can count on it. its not just us sheep that will experience it.....& knowing that makes my day
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Well considering that we are in a time-frame of accelerated energies....which has its good & bad......I'm talking karma here.....accelerated karma will come back to bite them in the butts.....you can count on it. its not just us sheep that will experience it.....& knowing that makes my day
A good excuse to post this:

John Lennon - Instant Karma
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Imagine what a fuzz Liberals would make right now
if George Dubya Bush or any other conservative politician
on this earth would have got the Nobel Poop Prize!

It's a joke!
Someone who leads two wars, which probably will be lost, and who
even increases the troops gets a peace prize!

And why is everone so quiet? Especially in the media.
Because Obama is b...

Double standard?
Betcha!

Last edited by King Lear; 12-10-2009 at 10:51 PM.
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

Obama is on record for promising (His words) to end the war and bring home the troops if elected president. Now he supports it and has resigned to accept that war will not end in our lifetimes?

The nobel prize has absolutely no merit. I ask the members of this forum who may be more knowledgeable than I, what can I do about this situation right now?

We are not victims of Obama or the PTB. How can we go about stepping into our power? I am ready. How can I contribute?
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

This is classic Doublethink!

War is peace, freedom is slavery and ignorance is strength.
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #11
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Well this all only reaffirms that these public or political prizes are just another part of the big game, played by the PTB.

What is so special about a Nobel Peace Prize anyway if its given to a successor to more War.
Seems like the requirements for this prize is that you are an accessory to continuous mass murder and agony.

Shame on you Mr. Obama.........
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Frankly, this Nobel Poop Prize was dishonoured long before!
At least since the time Henry Kissinger, war criminal and killer of millions
in Vietnam, got it!

That was even a greater shame than the actual Obama-shame!

King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Jnana,

I must admit, it's the first time I've seen an agressive invading warrior receive a Nobel Peace Prize, which really must put into check the moral value of that prize.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
This is so cynical it makes me want to puke. I'd comment more but the whole sentence would end up filtered.

Oops, forgot the link:

The New York Times of course decided that "Just War" belonged in the title of the article.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I hearby nominate Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul to share next year's Nobel Peace Prize. They deserve it.

Namaste
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #15
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Obviously Obama should win another Oscar for his acting abilities.

He got one for his speach of his on Race...........which made me want to puke as I felt he just brought it back out in the open
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

His speech made me "puke" too...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #17
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
I hearby nominate Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul to share next year's Nobel Peace Prize. They deserve it.

Namaste
Amen, oops I mean YEAH!!!

I liked the perspective in the following article regarding Mr. Peace?

Peace Prize Winner Passionately Defends War

Posted by Anthony Gregory on 12/10/09 7:14 PM

Quote:
Obama, in one of his more hawkish speeches yet, accepted the Nobel Prize with major emphasis on how necessary his wars are.

Peace Doesn’t Work, Obama Informs Nobel Committee

Accepts Peace Prize by Defending Merits of War
by Jason Ditz, December 10, 2009

President Barack Obama accepted his Nobel Peace Prize today, and as expected he acknowledged that even he isn’t clear why he got the prize, noting that there were millions of people more deserving.

But President Obama’s “acceptance speech” was far from an expression of contrition, spending most of the speech defending his War in Afghanistan as an inherently just war, and rambling on about all the other recent American wars and his ostensible justifications of them.

Then, in what must’ve been one of the least humble and least appropriate speeches ever given before the Nobel Committee, Obama declared non-violence to be impractical and insisted that the “limits of reason” meant that the American military would continue to have to be used for “moral” reasons.

In extolling the virtues of war while accepting what was supposed to be a prize for radical advocates of peace, President Obama had what could only be called one of the quintessential jerkass moments of American history, an embarrassing exhortation to the advocates of peace to accept violence as the one true way of solving the world’s problems.

AntiWar.com: http://news.antiwar.com/2009/12/10/p...bel-committee/

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=30195

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lear
Frankly, this Nobel Poop Prize was dishonoured long before!
At least since the time Henry Kissinger, war criminal and killer of millions
in Vietnam, got it!

That was even a greater shame than the actual Obama-shame!!
Henry Kissinger
The Nobel Peace Prize 1973
Acceptance Speech

As the Laureate was unable to be present on the occasion of the award of the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, December 10, 1973, the acceptance was read by Thomas R. Byrne, Ambassador of the United States to Norway

The Nobel Peace Prize is as much an award to a purpose as to a person. More than the achievement of peace, it symbolises the quest for peace. Though I deeply cherish this honour in a personal sense, I accept it on behalf of that quest and in the light of that grand purpose.

Our experience has taught us to regard peace as a delicate, ever-fleeting condition, its roots too shallow to bear the strain of social and political discontent. We tend to accept the lessons of that experience and work toward those solutions that at best relieve specific sources of strain, lest our neglect allows war to overtake peace.

To the realist, peace represents a stable arrangement of power; to the idealist, a goal so pre-eminent that it conceals the difficulty of finding the means to its achievement. But in this age of thermonuclear technology, neither view can assure man's preservation. Instead, peace, the ideal, must be practised. A sense of responsibility and accommodation must guide the behavior of all nations. Some common notion of justice can and must be found, for failure to do so will only bring more "just" wars.

Continues: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...cceptance.html

Last edited by peaceandlove; 12-11-2009 at 09:29 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
War is peace!
Hmmm, I'm wondering if Clif High has picked up on that as a meme?
Old 12-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
saxapower
Avalon Senior Member

This man has done it with me. That has been enough, he has destroyed all the hope I've got in him with that 2 single words.

When I saw that there was no reason for them to give him the "Peace" Nobel Price, I thought: "well, perhaps they have done it not for the things he has done, but for the things he haven't done yet or the things he has done in the shadows...". But now I'm completely convinced that this is a BIG BIG joke.
saxapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #20
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Here are a couple of war related threads:

1. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16897

2. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14409

It almost seems that there is an off-world mandate that this world shall never ever be a peaceful, happy, and free world. I love Jesus...but perhaps we should start seeing other deities.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 12-12-2009 at 01:58 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #21
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
Photo from that article, creepy lighting...

"Look at us, we're protected by bullet proof glass!"

Who would need bullet proof glass in a "PEACE"ful world.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 12-11-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #22
Kinsuemei2
Avalon Senior Member

I am sorry.... just what has this man done to deserve the peace prize? I mean seriously.. we still have troops in Iraq/Afghanistan and possibly more being sent to Afghanistan.. we still have a **** economy and nothing really has changed since last year... he HAS FAILED to address or do a DAM thing about the DARFORE situation in which he promised to within months of his election, that is a criminal promise to break in my opinion and he swept the Burmese problem under the table too, so no. Giving Obama the peace prize is like giving Stephen Glass the Pulitzer.
Kinsuemei2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi peaceandlove,

I think Obama and Michelle will not be married for much longer. She bitches him in public around 'important' people.

When he left a message in the Nobel visitors book, she was heard to be saying, "Are you writing a book dear?" because Obama took his time to write a dedication. Is that something you would say in front of your hosts?

When she began to write something he piped up with, "I think this time she'll write something that is not sarcastic!" Very stately couple!

Probably why the Queen of England got the DVD set.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Photo from that article, creepy lighting...
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #24
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

The slave masters agenda has been occulticly imprinted. They have reached the fruit of their labors in making their societal war moral and justified. Sealed with the magic of the nobel peace prize the lexicon of cultural manipulation shoots off in its next million year exploration of space war.
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #25
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

THE ACTUAL WORDS, for those without high-speed

msnbc.com
Thurs., Dec . 10, 2009

OSLO, Norway – Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, Distinguished Members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, citizens of America, and citizens of the world:

I receive this honor with deep gratitude and great humility. It is an award that speaks to our highest aspirations – that for all the cruelty and hardship of our world, we are not mere prisoners of fate. Our actions matter, and can bend history in the direction of justice.

And yet I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the considerable controversy that your generous decision has generated. In part, this is because I am at the beginning, and not the end, of my labors on the world stage. Compared to some of the giants of history who have received this prize – Schweitzer and King; Marshall and Mandela – my accomplishments are slight. And then there are the men and women around the world who have been jailed and beaten in the pursuit of justice; those who toil in humanitarian organizations to relieve suffering; the unrecognized millions whose quiet acts of courage and compassion inspire even the most hardened of cynics. I cannot argue with those who find these men and women – some known, some obscure to all but those they help – to be far more deserving of this honor than I.

see link for balance of posting

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34360743...s-white_house/
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote