Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
JohnnyBGoode
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Intuitive Who Cried Wolf

Hello everyone,

Here we are on the eve of another astounding prediction. I must admit that it would be the thrill of my life if these events were to take place. Unfortunately, disappointment most always results and I am no longer willing to accept the explanation that everyone's "positive vibes" changed the timeline. (or some variation on that theme)

I am willing, however, to continue to listen to ALL whistle blower testimony that comes forth and, like Bill and Kerry, am willing to take the initial conversation at face value. I think this is absolutely critical to encouraging and emboldening future whistle blowers.

What I believe is missing is the next step. How does one assess the claims? Are there a set of factors that one should consider when making an evaluation?

I am looking for some fellow Ground Crew members who are interested in, at a minimum, having a deep discussion about evaluating claims. My initial thought is that this should take place off of the boards. I'd like to consider creating a guide or white paper that would offer some guidance (not rules) about how one might approach evaluating a claim. (to be posted here for free of course)

Two of the most obvious examples of simple criteria are:

1. Does the person making the claim present reasonable proof that he/she was in a position or place in time to actually acquire the information? e.g. Worked for NASA. Worked for the "Skunk Works", etc.

2. Does the person making the claim have a book or other product for sale on their personal site?

So...anyone interested? There is some good "wheat" here on Avalon but a whole lot of "chaff". How are we going to begin separating the two?

Take care everyone,
Johnny

ps. Politely and respectfully questioning a claim is not negativity. It is reason.

Last edited by JohnnyBGoode; 10-13-2008 at 11:24 PM.
JohnnyBGoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Intuitive Who Cried Wolf

Nice idea, but I see some downsides here.

Personal discernment is what makes it possible for any of the higher density entities to deliver any messages at all, without overtly infringing on free-will. The fact that there is both wheat and chaff, mandates the need for discernment, but the two things work together for the greater good.

It is my strong belief that the only person that can discern the truth of a message is each individual for thier own truth. That is done with whatever form of soul-contact works for each individual - and by no other method.

Lets take your idea to an absurd conclusion and assume that the system you propsed was so effective that an infallible "oracle" of "verfied truth" were bought into being. Information delivered by such a route or in accordance with its standards, could induce the listener/observer to relax on the personal discernment that is otherwise always required. If that happened some people would instantly be susceptible to the age old trap of believing what they were told.

All it would then take is for a high level "distributed" negative influence on all the contributors and "judges" of such a channel for a disproportionately increased negative impact - the force multiplier of a corrupted oracle for negative impact could be staggering.

That said some form of formalized background check with common-sense rules is a really good idea, but I think discussion should be entirely public.

These days anything done behind closed doors is, IMHO, asking for trouble.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 10-14-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: p*ss poor effort improved :)
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
unloadedgunn
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with Anchor. Any number of things can change a prediction's outcome. Remember 'Project Northwoods" the false flag op. which was slated to take place during the Cuban missile crisis? All it took was President Kennedy to say "No way" to it, and it was scrapped. I followed a story some time ago which claimed that members of the intelligence agencies of England France and the US were all at odds over a proposed "terrorist attack" in DC years prior to 911. Seems some of these guys had the suitcase bomb and others tried to stop the operation, and succeeded, but not without a massive gunfight in the Senate parking garage. The story has it that they (the PtW) flew in a large bunch of auto-body repairmen from New Mexico to work on the damaged cars.

It has been PROVEN that large numbers of spiritually in-tune people can lower the crime rate of a city with just their prayer and meditation. Understand I am TOTALLY anti-religion, but a fact is a fact. When these dreams or premonitions come they are oftentimes as hard to analyze as your dreams are. Even a well respected and dare I say accurate, prophet like Edgar Cayce doubted his own abilities and interpretations regarding his channeled information.

I have researched this stuff for 30 years and I recommend you use your gut. I find that most of these intuitives believe what they are saying but some are complete imposters. Even with the ones that I believe I weed out some of the info, based upon other facts known to me that might nullify some of their info. I have yet to read/research any theory which I believe entirely, take what works and leave the rest.
unloadedgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #4
Hydroman
Avalon Senior Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've lurked for a while and I keep up with the info Bill and Kerry put up on their site. I lived as a christian for most of my life, even giving up over 2 years of my life to live on the mission field working with drug addicts. Things changed though when my brother was in the hospital on life support. Other christians came to visit and told us that God told them that my brother would recover. My brother died. This was the beginning of my walking away from Christianity and the start of many questions I would not have answers to. I've noticed that this type of things happens all the time. People claim that God told them something and it turns out to be bogus. Another thing that turns me off is all the disagreement and different beliefs of all the people who believe in the same God. How can that be good?

I've been interested in extraterrestial life and paranormal activity for a while and wonder what, if any part, does it have to play in our existence. But, to my dismay I'm finding the same things going on in this arena as I did with Christianity. People claim they have the truth/answers, yet someone else disagrees because they have the truth. Someone will predict an event and the other denounces it. One will be told by an entity that something will occur and when it doesn't it's because the timeline has changed.

I'm starting to see a pattern. It involves humanity. When humans are involved with something, there's going to be problems. It's so hard to believe or trust anything because of it.
Hydroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
LadyShankari
Avalon Senior Member

First of all, i choose to see the sameness in religions.
And then, there is no "why". Don't turn against your beliefs because, as you said, what another "person" told you.
LadyShankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 AM   #6
fairangel
Avalon Senior Member

As far as discernment goes, both intuition and research are needed. Lots of people blasted Bill Deagle because there were no nukes on the 7th. The fact that he has a website with products (nutrimedical.com) does not make him a money grubber. If you know anything about nutrimedical, you would see that products listed come from companies all over the place. Dr. Deagle is trying to list out the most cutting edge nutriceuticals out there, and he profits little from that. He does do medical intuitive appointments, and charges for those. From the intuitive point of view, I had the opportunity to talk to him personally (no money involved) and he is brilliant and caring.

In the final analysis, each of us decides what we believe, knowing that the future is fluid, and cannot be predicted with 100% accuracy. We might have already had a nuke go off in a city had it not been for a few good men who blew the whistle last year on the Minot nukes. Some of these guys met an untimely and suspicious end.

Be tolerant and take all information under advisement. Research, and then check in with your own inner guidance. I cannot stress tolerance enough. It is supposed to be what we are all about. Everyone is different, and everyone is the same. We have to respect differences, and have our own respected too. Balance folks. Thats what it is all about. We have to stay balanced during these times or we can't do what the Ground Crew has taken on. Stay united and not divided. Peace to all in the coming days and months.
fairangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
historycircus

I, too, heard the Oct. 14th predictions. I saw the youtube material, read the threads here, and felt the anticipation by many. I dismissed it out of hand, abut said,"wouldn't that be something." I think all of us here on Avalon, even if we didn't believe the Oct. 14 thing, were hoping. I thought about posting such sentiments on other threads here, but did not because I didn't want to offend anyone who really BELIEVED, you know? It would be like walking in to the local church on Sunday screaming "Jesus was just a man!" You may believe that to be true, but others have built a whole worldview around the opposite, and screaming such would hurt much more than it would heal.

But alas, on the eve of the great day, I'll say, the mothership that CNN can't deny won't be showing up. Logic dictates that it won't happen. That is not to say that exopolotics aren't important for us to consider, if not wise to consider, but first contact won't happen like the October prediction. I think that even we, terran monkeys with inner bulbs, know that we have come far enough as a species to warrant better treatment than that.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #8
anthrovolution
Avalon Senior Member

The power of prediction is that it can erase what has been predicted. That is why our mind constantly worries about bad things that may happen so we can find a way to avoid them. If it is true that our collective mindset is creating our experience, then changing that mindset will change what we experience. So the act of seeing it coming makes it not come.

It's called a temporal paradox.

If you understand how those work - then you are not from this planet.

It's also true that the vast majority of what we worry about never happens, and what does happen is something we never imagined. It works that way with prophecy too.

Charles Dickens played with similar concepts in his book "A Christmas Carol"
anthrovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 AM   #9
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

here's my logic.

in most contactee's accounts they've said time and time again that the aliens are not going to come down and solve our problems for us. not to say they wont intervene if it came down to it, but this is our planet, and we are responsible for our planet and ourselves. this makes sense. so one would think that if a for real alien landing were to take pace, it wouldnt be from the benevolent aliens.

okay, so what about project blue beam? well, from what i've read, there is substaintial evidence and information regarding the so-called project blue beam. enough that to me, it seems like this is very likey a real thing that has been planned since way before i was born. do i believe it? i dont know. but i will say this much: if this is being planned, it wont be for the 14th of october. if they've spent 30-40 years planning this as the final stroke to put humanity 100% under their control, wouldnt you think they'd follow through with the plan? the plan makes sense, and it follows the whole problem/reaction/solution model that i see throughout history...that seems to be a real model/too of the hidden hand/illuminati/banksters/military industrial complex. so, basically, it doesnt seem like the timing is right for that at all....first you need some more terrorist attacks, perhaps a few north american dirty bombs going off, military law, at least a partial world war 3, a global food crisis, and perhaps a pandemic. well, maybe not all of that, but you'll at least need a few of those things to happen before it woud make sense to deliver the final blow. i mean, our financial predicament has ony just begun.

and for the record, the whole thing seemed way too hokey for me. commander adama? would they even have a commander if they're all in 4th density? i dont know....seems like something that was announced by the flakey hippies who took too much acid back in the seventies for more flakey hippies. i really dont mean to sound like i'm trashing these people, and maybe i should readjust my language, but honestly...

as for deagle's claims...i find him to be a bit of an alarmist, but i believe that a) he wants to do good, and b) he genuinely believes in what he is saying. and things did happen on the 7th...just not the end of the world type stuff....but also, all he said was that things were going to start on the 7th...the real event might not happen for a while...still, i dont know, maybe he's just nuts? or trying to sell his products.

half past human, well, i cant say the same for them. but i dont know. i dont totally understand their whole prediction method.

as for me, i'm quite worried something will happen quite soon. but not because of deagle, or hph, or some crazy "medium" with ideas that seem based on a second rate sci-fi short story. because its obvious if you look at the world around you with your own two eyes, and listen with your own two ears, and feel with your heart, and think with your brain. at east that's how i feel. god help all of us.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Good post Hydroman I know how you feel. As I rule I only have absolute belief
in what I've personally experienced. Anything that I haven't had direct
experience with I'll have various levels of faith in, but never full belief.

I've found that if another persons view or experience rings true then it's not hard to
gain the experience on a personal level, in most cases anyways.

I don't know about you guys but I find the spiritual path to be very personal,
lonely, enlightening, and enriching path. Others may have a completely different set of experiences or relationship with The Divine,
so it's a little dangerous to allow yourself to believe what others have experienced.
And at the same time I make and effort to be extra careful when sharing my experiences with others.

This is my experience anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroman View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've lurked for a while and I keep up with the info Bill and Kerry put up on their site. I lived as a christian for most of my life, even giving up over 2 years of my life to live on the mission field working with drug addicts. Things changed though when my brother was in the hospital on life support. Other christians came to visit and told us that God told them that my brother would recover. My brother died. This was the beginning of my walking away from Christianity and the start of many questions I would not have answers to. I've noticed that this type of things happens all the time. People claim that God told them something and it turns out to be bogus. Another thing that turns me off is all the disagreement and different beliefs of all the people who believe in the same God. How can that be good?

I've been interested in extraterrestial life and paranormal activity for a while and wonder what, if any part, does it have to play in our existence. But, to my dismay I'm finding the same things going on in this arena as I did with Christianity. People claim they have the truth/answers, yet someone else disagrees because they have the truth. Someone will predict an event and the other denounces it. One will be told by an entity that something will occur and when it doesn't it's because the timeline has changed.

I'm starting to see a pattern. It involves humanity. When humans are involved with something, there's going to be problems. It's so hard to believe or trust anything because of it.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Hydroman

Truth is something to be "experienced" not "taught" - so it is impossible to take someone elses truth at face value becuae it is not your own.

Your truth will come and all those apparent setbacks on the way are there so you WILL learn your own truth. I am not being unsympathetic here - i feel your pain in what you related - but had you not felt the pain you may still be believing someone else's version of the truth.

Trust in yourself.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
unloadedgunn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroman View Post
Hello everyone,

Hi Hyrdoman...

I am glad to see you have come to your senses regarding religion. But at the risk of sounding condescending, it seems as if you will soon be replacing that empty dogma with some other authority, if you don't learn to trust your own intuition.

Five people standing at an intersection watching a car accident will come up with 5 slightly different views. That is why it is best to read and research extensively and take away from it YOUR OWN view.

It does not trouble me in the least bit that their are different views/beliefs expressed here. I know that some folks opinions are tempered by organized religion (Bill Deagle, William Cooper, Bill Schneobelen, etc) Hell, in the case of Scheobelen, he started out Christian and then joined every new age church and cult known to man on his way to becoming a high druid priest and warlock. Sounds like a guy desperate for SOMEONE ELSES truth, huh?

Surprise. surprise! When Schneobelen got out of his santanic blood cult it took being "saved" as a born again Cristian...go figure. Se what I am saying here? Some people NEVER trust themselves to discern information for themselves and distill it down to a world view which works for them, so they put their trust in seers, gurus, masters, priests and popes. If their kids get molested, their life savings is stolen, etc. because of this blind faith in dogma, oh well, they probably think they are not worthy of true enlightenment anyway.

Some insiders are very secular and scientific in their approach. Phil Schnieder comes to mind, as well as Richard Hoagland. An then their are those who come from a very "new agey" perspective like David Wilcock and Michael St. Clair.

There are many here who are self appointed gurus, prophets, what have you, who in my personal opinion are quacks in search of their 15 minutes of fame. Unless we each as individuals change from within, this is precisely how human kind stratifies: into the priest, master, guru (CONTROLLER) and the laity, pupil, underling (CONTROLLED).

I study not just the the actual facts discussed, I study THE SPEAKER.

I WISH EVERYONE WOULD WAKE UP AND TRUST THEMSELVES AND THEIR OWN INNER COMPASS. I AM SO TIRED OF ALL THIS "AVALON IS A DISINFO SITE" ****.

if you don't trust yourself on your own personal journey there is a church, synagogue, temple, ashram, on just about every street corner... join up.

PS if you are wondering about ET involvement in our affairs I would recommend anything by Zecharia Sitchin, followed by David Icke.
unloadedgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #13
Hydroman
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for all the input guys/gals. I often claim that I am in the search for truth, but I also have a dilemma with that. If I find it, or have found it, how will I know it is indeed the truth? By just trusting in myself to believe it is the truth? All fundamentalist of different beliefs trust that what they believe is the truth. But, they can't all have the truth, can they? So, even though some trust they have the truth, they don't really have it. So, from that, it tells me that just because you have faith that what you believe is the truth, that doesn't mean that you really have it.

I have a feeling that I will never come to know the truth until I pass away. I believe in life after death because I have seen it. I saw my brother outside of his body while he was in the hospital, though I don't understand how that happened. I also believe in a creator, but I think that the Bible isn't entirely accurate, because I think that the authors of the different biblical scriptures didn't understand many of the things that they witnessed, therefore couldn't give us an accurate interpretation of the things they saw. I also believe that there could be errors in translating from one language to the next. Then again, I could totally wrong about all of that because being human I am susceptible to error.
Hydroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #14
JohnnyBGoode
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Intuitive Who Cried Wolf - Some clarification

Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post! As is so often the case I have failed in my pursuit of clarity in the written word!

I thought I would offer a few brief points of clarification and then repeat my call for any interested members:

1. My sole area of interest for this "idea" is earthly activities only. Actual or purported human activities, science breakthroughs, NASA, TS projects, etc.
2. I do NOT wish to discuss any specific claims in particular. I am interested in discussing and identifying questions one could ask ones self while evaluating the type of claims just mentioned. Example: Is the person making the claim selling something? Does it matter? And so on... Perhaps to the point of developing a list of questions one could ask in this process.
3. I agree wholeheartedly in the concepts of personal truth, internal compasses and so on. The amount of reinforcement I received in your posts has been very reassuring! Thank you! I have no desire to question anyone's spiritual path or beliefs. I dislike evangelism of any kind and try my best to avoid the same.
4. Again, I do not wish to attempt to prove or disprove specific claims.

I simply want to develop an "intellectual" process for sifting through the huge volume of information. While I feel I have very strong intuition, I believe it is in my best interest to augment that with some mental rigor.

That's enough for now. Again, if you are interested in the idea of evaluating "earthly" claims and theories, in general terms only, please let me know.

Thanks!
Johnny
JohnnyBGoode is offline   Reply With Quote