Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #551
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Must confess I am getting a little weary, waiting on God.
As long as "I" am waiting for "God", "I" will be in a perpetual state of seperation, ego and non-being.

I Am not the ego. This is not easy to understand I guess, yet it is Truth. I AM the I AM. That is who I Am.

Yet, if I wish to say: I'm just this little guy, this seperate 'waiting' for 'God' to patch things up, then I shall wait.

I must affirm my true identity, or I remain in perpetual state of my own illusions creating suffering and separation.

"Take responsibility for your state of consciousness Now. This is what the entire teaching really is about." ~ Eckhart Tolle
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #552
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

By the way, really appreciate the contributions on this thread and elsewhere and I'm a big fan of the kind of thought that is being put into this thread. Do not mean to sound dualistic, as I feel there are a lot of fabulous thought and being going on here.

I just like to always see if we can look at things from another angle, in addition to the angels we are already seeing... I believe as I have said earlier, there is always More, meaning, whatever we've created as our belief system and mental box can always be expanded, and this is one of the purposes of life. I believe that there truly is no limit to progress that can be made while we are in embodiment here, no matter what level we achieve, we can always climb higher.

Man know thySelf ~ continually expand our sense of identity ~

~ Espavo ~
Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #553
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

the path of enlightenment ends in Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
I suggest this is the great illusion that must be slayed in order to Be.

what is Illumination

the Bliss of Being

Divinity

the drop finds itself as the ocean

what is lost

limitation

Quote:
I Am not the ego. This is not easy to understand I guess, yet it is Truth. I AM the I AM. That is who I Am.

yes

but who is this

I Am

sounds like One to me

and not millions lol

I Am

part and parcel

of everyone everywhere ever

still

I Am One

Last edited by RedeZra; 03-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #554
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear 14, first name terms
Waiting for God is a TV series in UK.
I was tongue in cheek when I said it.
and I was tired of doing my best to see others point of view.

Every religion teaches surrender to God and while that may seem dualistic,
Its like the expression "you cant get there from here."
Well thats untrue, you have to start from where you are.
In actual fact your are surrendering to a higher aspect of your self which sees your struggles and knows what you are. You are NOT asking something separate from you for help. There is no duality in the prayer.
Truth is that we are not separate from God never have been, but perception has created a world of opposite, judgments, so we have to work on that while surrendering our efforts to God, karma also plays a part but thats another story.

You can use nondualistic thoughts till you are blue in the face and nothing will happen.
The traditional route is clear. Surrender to God ask him to remove ignorance.
Only the power of God can reveal truth to you.
Enlightenment is by the grace of God you can remove obstacles but till God acts ignorance remains.

For thirty years I have been reading, books on Indian enlightened souls, then recently Eckhart Tolle and DH, I have been in the presence of 5 enlightened souls.
Been to three seminers put on by Eckhart one a retreat, happened to share time with Eckhart over breakfast with Kim his partner. So I have studied the subject deeply and put forth the effort. Yet I was lead by synchronicity to all of this. I cant claim I did anything.
Kundalin had been moving within me for ten years I feel the energy. When K is awakened to the degree it is, then this is the last life time, I am being pulled to my future by the Grace of God.
That is fact, many are on their last life time just now.

The story is always the same coming from enlightened souls, out of the blue enlightenment occurred without warning.
Not one of them claimed oneness before enlightenment, after the event oneness is experienced as a totally different state, which cant even be spoken of. Ramana couldn't speak for years after the event. Hawkins was out of it for year so was Tolle.
God shock is another term for it. Self realization is not done by self, it is when SELF which is inherent within, is reveled after all obstacles are removed with the Help of God.

So while that is my understanding. its essence, is in harmony with that which has been written for thousands of years.
Gloria in Excelsis Deo
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #555
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

We are all One.

We are not all the same.

We are unique points of consciousness within all that IS.

We have co-created our experience of lack and suffering. We will co-create our experience of abundance when we awaken to who we truly are, Suns and Daughters of God.

Affirm we are the separate sinner, and we shall remain as the churches have falsely taught for millenia ~ powerless creators of our own suffering.

Awaken to the reality that ALREADY here and NOW I AM that I AM within. That is my true identity. Oneness is reality. The Divine is me and I AM the Divine here and Now, and I work through the illusions of separation that are blocking the Way of the Pure Light of God Being manifest through me Now.

Dawkins consciousness is not the fullness of the creator. Nor is Tolle's, nor is Jesus, nor is Saint Germain, nor is _____ enlightened Being of your choice here. They are unique Free Willed filters of the Divine Light rather than the fullness of All that IS. In the Schoolroom of infinity we continue to grow our filter, purify, expand and Be More.

God is in All, All is in God. Free Willed individualization's of infinity co-creating in the eternal Now.

I rest in Peace
Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #556
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear 14.
The big problem is that as Eckhart said there are pradoxes in spiritual teaching because the mystic does not live in the duality state, but in a timeless, nonlocality that is beyond our comprehension.
The teaching is clear the Self of the sage is the same as the Self of the student.

Before Eckhart became enlightened he had never heard of the concept of Now and was certainly not living his life that way.
Hawkins had become an athiest.
Ramana was a young teenager.
They probably all were in service to God in previous lifetimes.

You take ten steps towards God and he takes a hundred towards you.

You have whatever belief system you chose thats fine if you dont want to be enlightened.

If enlightenment is your serious goal, then you need to study that which is written by those who are in that state.

Eckhart teaches surrender to what is and that it is the Totality which brought this present moment into being. Because of the audience he is mainly speaking to, he dosent speak of God too much.
He visited India and guess where he spent time, on the late Rmana's Ashram and with Ramesh Balsekar, the late Advaita teacher, his main message is that "The main stumbling block is that you think you are the doer of deeds"
The Bahgavad Gita if studied would also remove the illusion that you are the doer. You cant cause anything to happen.
Jesus said " Of myself I do nothing, it is the father within"
If you read "Discovering the Presence of God/Devotional Nonduality" then it is possible that your outlook on spirituality would alter radically.
You are getting Dr David Hawkins teaching and others very second hand from me. Why not check him out?
Getting it straight from One in that state makes more sense that debating it with me.
Time is short.
Thats coming from Love as I know you come from Love
Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 03-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #557
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Was Yogananda an atheist before he began his mission?

Is the path to enlightenment the path of remaining unconscious until God decides to fix one?

I choose to get my information from my Source. My Being.

You may say: But 14, you have not written these books, you don't know, these guys know because they're one with God, and you're not. And I say: That is truly an illusion for God is in me Now as God is in you Now. I see so clearly, I see so with my Heart.

As far as I understand it, Eckhart Tolle does not teach the path to enlightenment of remaining totally unconscious to the Now as he did. As far as I understand it, he teaches that waiting is never going to get anyone into the Now. Only the present moment is real, is enlightened. Enlightenment does not happen then, it happens Now. We can say: well I'm not there yet, I don't trust my Heart Now, I will read and say they know, I don't know. That's ok, but from my perspective enlightened teachings are about Being Now, not then, NOW.

It is true that some teachers receive a gift of Light to awaken them from an unawakened state, however, this is not how it has to be, nor is it how it works for most. For most, it is about Being. It is about doing the work, surrendering the ego, and one day, yes one day rebirth occurs. But it is not a fluke, it is not accident, it is reality that manifest when the illusions have been surrendered.

OF COURSE:

I am not the doer.

Is this an argument? Can we get past this point. The thinker is not the doer.

The BE'er is the doer.

Who BE'S? I BE. I AM. That's I.

I AM not the thinker. I AM.

You say, no, you are not, only special people are. I say: that is an illusion.

I AM.

I BE.

I let the I AM within BE. That's who I AM.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 03-01-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #558
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

With only one self who is there to be special?

God is one without a second.

The tree has many branches with buds, some in flower and some in various degrees of moving towards flowering. All one tree.
Of course it will be Now when it happens it cant be otherwise.
It will be Now when Eckhart gives his next talk.
It all unfolds in the eternal moment.

The big problem is were are discussing in a linear fashion that which is beyond our personal experience. From that perspective we are talking about it, talking about is not it.

If David Hawkins says "Only God walks through the final door" and that "Enlightenment is not a personal event" then who am I to disagree.

Anyway while im enjoying our discussion, im not a teacher Im not enlightened.
I dont know but I know some one who does.

So as long as your happy, im happy.
With love
Chris
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #559
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Id rather be happy than right
Old 03-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #560
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

I must admit.. I was completely bowled over on reading Eckhart's 'The power of now' recently.

This really resonates with me. The simplicity of 'his' ideas about being present(say in contrast to something like a thread about alien races) is astounding.

When I peeked into the chatroom today, I wished more people had read books like that one! Maybe they had, anyway!

It's a good day to contemplate the ego and the mind.

In a very real way, none of the material at camelot or avalon is of any consequence if one is living totally in the now.

Not that I don't value it, or Bill, or Kerry, or all the posters here, because I do - but we need to be in control of the mind, and use it properly. This forum is a playground where the mind quickly gets a hold of the YOU that IS if you are not careful.

Peace and BE

K...

I'm off to BEd
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #561
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
With only one self who is there to be special?

God is one without a second.
Is God a dude in the sky? The greatest dude of all time? Or is that a graven image.

While I do not believe most of us here believe that, I do believe that all of us have some kind of image of what "God" is that is limiting, because any kind of image is limiting that which is beyond all limitation.

Perhaps "God" is a consciousness, infinite potentiality.

Perhaps, our "I"s are meant to attain union with the consciousness that infinite potentiality IS, and express a unique view as Being in Oneness with All that IS.

When "God walks through the door", have we created a graven image as to what that means? Perhaps. Perhaps there is More.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 03-01-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #562
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post

fight a phantom

fight (describes more action); it can be replaced by oppose or resist;

James 4:7 (Contemporary English Version)

Surrender to God! Resist the devil, and he will run from you.

and prepare to hit air

agree on this one (try hitting the ego)

it is not there; it is nonexistent

ego's greatest accomplishment is to make "you think" that;

spiritual growth

is not about

fighting nothing

see above!

but

loving everything

totaly agree "if the above is accomplished"

Luke 4:13 (Contemporary English Version)

After the devil had finished testing Jesus in every way possible, he left him for a while.

~ Love & Light ~

Dan
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #563
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Let us never forget, we cooked this mess in the first place by allowing humbleness to diminish and ego to flourish.

Currently we are being played by the same force to re activate ego again and finally destroy ourselves.

I will not allow that again.

Words of wisdom are found in this;

who doesn`t know and knows that doesn`t knows-teach him,

who doesn`t know and doesn`t know that doesn`t know-stay away of him,

who knows and knows that he knows-follow him

In my life ,I can only state ;
many things I don`t know and I admit it. It is not a shame. That is why I will follow and ask one who knows-Jesus Christ.

I want to learn from him ,
I want to ask him always about tiny facets of everything,after all he is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

I will skip all second hand knowledge and ask directly God-Creator-Jehovah-Yahweh and his son and my king Jesus Christ for all I need to know.

I have had enough of stories and fables and everything in this planet.
I am sick and tired of all. That is why I want to find peace and answers from one who created all .From one who loved us all and still do.
I want to see and learn in my life what it means truly to love others, what it means to be as Creator ,an image of him. What it means all these things woven into the fabric of the very creation itself.

I want to learn a language of God so I can speak it with my neighbors. I want to allow God`s force of holy spirit to shape its beauty inside of my soul. I throw away every speck of ego that I have and I want to be re born into eternity.
We are all from one Father and I want to respect him and all that he created.

I want to be a man.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #564
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Writing for myself and any one who get confused by the paradoxes of spirituality.
Ultimate truth is that God is infinite beyond human imagination and that only God is.
"He" is not male or female and is everything that has ever been or ever will be, the totality and yet none of it.

However that is not helpful.
It is not helpful either to be told that the ego is nonexistent though that is true.

Best way I can put is that we are in a school.
The pre school baby is equal to university Don but the knowledge and needs are different.
So it is no use expecting a five year old to learn algebra when they are having trouble with letters,
So the map of consciousness is to help people move up to the next grade which is not superior to any grade just a different course.

A person less spiritually evolved would be a, "me first" person and quite happily get up to mischief and blame some one else.
The greatest service one can give is to dedicate ones life to the spiritual goal of enlightenment, for enlightenment is of no benefit to a personal self, there isn't one left, though awareness remains.
At that point you are dying to God for the sake of all. Enlightenment is a cosmic event, for every soul that walks through that door raises the conscious of the cosmos and brings more peace and harmony into the life of all sentient beings.

Every one that walks through the door makes it easier and faster for the next and so on.
Every enlightened being is in service to the whole human race and at no time considers themselves to be special, how could they? They are in a desire-less state (how can you want anything when you are everything?) timeless, no-mind - nonlocality state, omnipresent.

It is pointless trying to explain that, when a person is in deep trouble believing that everyone is an enemy, with victim mentality, talk to them of unconditional love and they would laugh in your face as they take your money.
So to each level the experience is very real, because it is supposed to be, otherwise the lessons that you signed up, for before you came to this earth, would be pointless.

Eckhart teaches to a level Hawkins teaches at another level, the classes are different.
One should pick an integreteous teacher that you can relate to and thats the level to transcend. When that is done another teacher will appear who will help you move up a grade and so on.

Hope that is helpful.

Chris
Old 03-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #565
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

What is the parable of the talents?

Those who multiply their talents will have their talents multiplied. Those who prove mastery over a few things will be the master over many.

Those who bury their talents in the ground to save them for "God" when it returns will be rewarded how? They will have their talents taken away and they will be given to those who multiply their talents.

~~~~

Here's a video Mudra posted in another thread that to me explains the big "sin" that is holding us back from "enlightenment" ~

"The real crime is you won't admit you're God. That's false modesty."

The key of course is understanding that so is our neighbor! It is beyond the thinker that we BE still, and know that I AM God, the spark of infinity that God made us, we Be. We are all unique divine flames connected in Oneness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXod...layer_embedded

(Note, I'm not suggesting that Alan Watts teachings in general are something I am recommending as I do not know much about them, but I believe the talk in the above video is somewhat topical)

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 03-02-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #566
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Eckhart teaches to a level Hawkins teaches at another level, the classes are different.
One should pick an integreteous teacher that you can relate to and thats the level to transcend. When that is done another teacher will appear who will help you move up a grade and so on.

Hope that is helpful.

Chris
Matthew 23:10 (New International Version)

10. Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.

~ Love & Light ~
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #567
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

If no words were spoken and we sat in the perfect silence of our inner self would we then see each other as different than " I am " ?

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 03-02-2010 at 12:28 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:52 AM   #568
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

lol Chakras you cannot accept the point of Advaita

you acknowledge Oneness

but together with a twist of Not Sameness

One but not Same

forms are not the same but forms are many

not two alike snowflakes

until melting

it's not like a snowflake disappears

it appears as a snowflake

but it is water all the same

but for a time

it appears as something else

how bad can it be

for a snowflake to return to water

for a drop to find itself the ocean

for a Soul to find itself as God

sure we can all be the best that we can be

to reach high higher and be more more

but when we reach really high

we will eventually reach the Most High

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
If no words were spoken and we sat in the perfect silence of our inner self would we then see each other as different than I am ?

lol yes it's best to let Silence speak

especially to preserve the Serenity

Last edited by RedeZra; 03-02-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #569
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

You said these words today to me Chris :

" Its not more freedom of speech we require it's freedom from speech "

These are the wisest words you ever said Chris

Love for You
mudra
Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #570
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Be Love and from two and many you will see One.

Love Always
mudra
Old 03-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #571
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

imagine "God" is a circle.

Put 4 points within the circle in different places.

give each point in the circle free will.

Let each point continually expand it's Self awareness, through Free Will choices and completely unique experiences of it's identity, until it realizes that it is the entire circle.

Note that each point took a different view point and a different route to get to teh awareness that the point is the circle.

Now imagine the point remains, yet it has grown to the size of the circle.

The point of awareness, the unique individualization that is the point, is the circle, yet it is the point. So are the other 3. All four are One, because they are the circle, yet they remain the point.

Now Each circle will go to another sheet of paper and play the game again, this time, creating a circle with their own consciousness, which they have expanded to the circle, and putting four new limited points of awareness within the circle. What is One, is now, four, then 16, then 64 when each one of the four points in the sixteen circles becomes fully Self realized that it also is the fullness of the circle.

The One is many, yet all are One.

Unique points of view, Co-creators in All that IS.

Now imagine a point in the circle becomes sure that it is seperate from the other points and decides to fight them. Can that point ever expand it's awareness to see that it is the fullness of the circle? No. This is ego. Ego cannot see that Oneness is reality because it is based on comparisons of what is One.

Oneness is not sameness, if it was, you would not would not have Free Will.

Does not God take away Free Will?

I realize there may be an opinion here, but consider asking God now inside.

What is Truth? Not a belief. No. Being is the only Truth.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #572
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with almost everything you write Chakras

but for me

Oneness is Sameness

as Souls share the same Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post

ego's greatest accomplishment is to make "you think" that it is nonexistent
can we insert satan in stead of ego in the above statement

as he seduces us to believe we have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
who doesn`t know and doesn`t know that doesn`t know-stay away of him,

who knows and knows that he knows-follow him

That is why I will follow and ask one who knows-Jesus Christ.

Wise words indeed Beren

I follow Jesus too so as not to get lost in the worldliness

Last edited by RedeZra; 03-02-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #573
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
by RedeZra

can we insert satan in stead of ego in the above statement

as he seduces us to believe we have one
The "ego" seduces us to believe that there is an outside (fallen) adversary a.k.a. "satan".

Hope this explains it!

Last edited by truthseekerdan; 03-02-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #574
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
You can use nondualistic thoughts till you are blue in the face and nothing will happen.
As I see it, thought is intrinsically dualistic because it originates in the thought of the 'thinker', which is an aspect of the 'fallen' consciousness; which originates in the separation from the Creator.

Quote:
That is fact, many are on their last life time just now.
This thought, or philosophy, or theology originates in the 'fallen' consciousness.

There is no such thing as a "last life time".

Michael Cecil (4Q529)

http://after-the-false-peace.blogspot.com/

http://jewishchristianlit.com/Resour...ts/4Q529!.html
4Q529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #575
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
We are all One.
Unfortunately, this is an attempt by a 'thinker'--which is an aspect of the 'fallen' consciousness--to apprehend the Truth through thought; the result, however, being merely the annihilation of the very meaning of the words themselves; as is symbolized by the fire breathed by the "dragon" of duality in Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

To say "we" are "one" is to destroy the meaning of either the word "we" or the word "one".

The "one" that exists--it is the "observing consciousness"--exists prior to the 'movement' of self-reflection and the differentiation into separate "selves" or "I"s; which, taken together, are referred to as "we".

Michael Cecil (4Q529)

http://after-the-false-peace.blogspot.com/

http://jewishchristianlit.com/Resour...ts/4Q529!.html
4Q529 is offline   Reply With Quote