Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #76
Mystique
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Where's the proof of re-incarnation and past lives…

To me this is a very interesting thread. I was led toward an exploration after the death of someone very close to me. I remember after this person's death, I was going through the stages of grief and struggling with acceptance.

About 6 months later , ~12 times in one week, different people some strangers, some friends, made similar comments about choosing our life lessons to learn, reincarnation, higher self and several mentioned, "Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss. I decided to pick up this small book and read it.

From my religious training as a youngster, it was in opposition to what I had been taught. As a searcher, I badly needed closure, so I set out on an adventure to learn more about this topic.

What I learned was fascinating. The book by Brian Weiss, was my first adventure into this realm. I read many stories of past life experiences, interviewed people who shared their stories with me. I know there is skepticism on this, as it should be... but for me, it was a gut feeling of truth and understanding.

There have been studies conducted where people working with a good past life regression expert have have independent accounts of recognizing people from their present in their past lives. We have a tendency to have encounters with the same souls in past lives, be it a mother, father, son, daughter or best friend.

One of the people told me, "I knew it was Ben, he was my son in a certain life, but he is my father presently."

The first time I spoke with Dr. Weiss at a book signing, we spoke of all this and he verified the studies and said it has happened many times.

My friends and I talk about the people who end up fascinated all their lives by the sea and grew up in mid-Michigan never seeing the ocean or being around boats, but built square riggers and wanting to be a boat captain and sail. And this other little kid that grew up drawing Roman columns and the forum at age four, has never seen pictures or had any knowledge of what she draws.

I have an affinity for ancient Rome, Africa, Egypt, Polynesian tribal life and the Far East . My home is filled with things from these areas....they bring a comfort and make me feel at home, but out of those places, I've only visited Hawaii. But I have a deep soul feeling for these geographical areas. Proof no.... but I married a man with the same quirky art items and feels the same draw to these areas as me. By the way, he is the boat captain and I'm the column-forum drawing kid.

And how about that instantaneous feeling you get in the gut when you meet someone and feel like you've known them forever, and others after one encounter, you don't care to be around them ever again?

Bill Ryan said in one interview, he felt past lives are important just to find out what programs are still running and which things that need to be dealt with. (paraphrased from my pov)

Maybe I'll have more insight after my long awaited appointed with Dr. Weiss this week. We have been waiting to do this forever. My buddies and I, who feel like we have been through many life-times together, are going to be regressed as a group by him.

I know, we know, for the most part, you are not royalty, probably were doing something similar to what you do today, aren't always the "good guy", might not be proud pf some things, but as Bill said, it helps to know what programs are still running and hopefully help with the clearing process.

In Sincerity and Love, Mystique
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #77
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, what programs are compulsively running, and, for myself and a few others I play with, the development from static or unpotentiated potential to my Prime Thought, my first polarity, my first manifestation, etc.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:52 AM   #78
hollylindin
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Hehe, well I'm gonna take a rain check on this one.

Look, anything's possible okay, but I've heard so many Roswell theories it's just become ridiculous honestly.

I'll tell you something you probably won't agree with... though it is true that alternative sources (like blogs, articles, research sites, etc) are better sources of information than mainstream outlets, I also believe that much of the alternative stuff is nonsense as well, all of it is designed to appeal to sectors and particular demographics. We're all interested in UFOs, 2012, spirituality, etc. but don't believe most of what you read just because the author seems to be on your side. What I've discovered in most instances is that those people also have an agenda, in much the same way as MSM. It could simply be about making money, or it could also be a genuine effort to disinform. My sincerest advice to you (bit off topic I know), is when you think about Roswell or anything else, don't go looking for explanations from anyone else, review the case yourself and come to your own conclusions.

Peace
I didn't say I agreed with it (I definitely don't agree with everything I read; there's a lot of crap out there, and I discern that.); I said it's a "possible answer to your question". I was only using Roswell as an example. I'm on the fence about this tidbit, although it could make sense to me. Just providing another perspective that I haven't seen anyone suggest yet.

<3

Last edited by hollylindin; 03-10-2010 at 05:12 AM.
hollylindin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #79
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

"PAST LIVES":

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...es/92237812305
Old 03-10-2010, 06:55 AM   #80
Devakas
Avalon Senior Member

Reincarnation described for us in Vedas, old scripts > 5000 years

I do believe in old scripts
Devakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #81
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyShadow View Post
To some extent, I'm with you on this one. It's hard to substantiate these theories when the variables are virtually all intangible. Discernment is the key.

Dolores Cannon, Brain Weiss - use hypnotic-regression as forensics - yet it's my experience that the subsconsious mind does not "operate" in terms of such details, so I think most of this is bleed over from the conscious mind's dreamstate - where our fantasies, desires and blocks play out. So when one describes a "past life" experience - it's a way within the psyche to detach from one's reality and project the issue onto another "life". In other words, a block - which is easier to talk about. I really feel that is what most of this is.

And also the phenomena of someone that is interested and studies past-lives or near death experiences, and reads up about it - well then those experiences of others are bouncing around in one's psyche and then naturally come up in one's own experience. I firmly believe much of this goes on.

If you are looking for something a bit more science based, try Dr. Ian Stevenson, although many feel his approach is a mix of science and mystics.

I think the most interesting people to study and review are young children, they seem to have the recall without the excess "baggage" in the psyche - yet I'm not totally convinced this is fool proof - as a childs mind cannot differentiate between fantasy/reality at times.

An interesting topic - discernment is the key. Otherwise we end up just accepting such things at face value based on a "credible" reporter - who deems the reporter as credible when the reporter is just expressing their beliefs?

Let me add that "Dr.", "MD" or "Phd" or "many books sold" doesn't = truth. It's there to build credibility to sell books.
The part that is missing here is that each person has a unique signature to them from the way their energy is set up (astrological sign), personality, upbringing, body type, personal interests, unexplained skills, weaknesses and strengths. Most people don't really question these things: why is my upper body so strong, but I don't have much endurance? Why do I have a birth mark on my body? Why did I not get along with this relative? What is my purpose in this lifetime? Why am I living in the community I am in right now?

When you explore past lifetimes, you get access to the answers of all of these questions. The answers are very deep at times and provide an explanation to why you are the way you are way beyond anything else. You will also learn about lessons you failed to get in previous lifetimes and are repeating now. When you put all of them together along with the emotional reactions to receiving this information, it explains in depth who you are, where you came from, why you are the way you are, and where you are going. This is more than most people are capable of handling.

In addition, learning past life details especially relationship related often provides instant healing as you become conscious of what the original conflict was and how it relates to your present lifetime.

When you put all of this together, it becomes very hard to just write it off as some vision or psychological construct.

In addition, there are people who are born with knowledge of dead languages they could not possibly have known and historical facts and details they could not have known. Some people have even visited foreign countries where they have lived hundreds of years ago and explained exactly how the town was laid out and even found bona fide records of their past life.

I could go on and on, but the point is you really need to go through the experiences of reliving past life memories to understand all of this stuff. Until then, it's very easy to hypothesize one thing or another.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #82
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollylindin View Post
I didn't say I agreed with it (I definitely don't agree with everything I read; there's a lot of crap out there, and I discern that.); I said it's a "possible answer to your question". I was only using Roswell as an example. I'm on the fence about this tidbit, although it could make sense to me. Just providing another perspective that I haven't seen anyone suggest yet.
I know, I really come off a jerk sometimes, I'm sorry.

But its the Roswell theories that always 'get to me' every time I hear a new one...lol.

The classic explanation is my favorite actually, you know the one where one or possibly two saucers crashed, witnesses saw the debris and the gray skinned bodies, military police intimidating others to stay away, Marcel showing the debris with the symbols on it to his son, the weather balloon cover up soon ensues, the craft(s) and bodies shipped off to an unknown military base, covert back engineering efforts, bits and pieces seeded into private industry. And that's where the story is just about done for me.

The only person who came close to convincing me of any further details on Roswell is Sleeper (Lou Baldin). If you haven't read his material yet, I strongly suggest you do. The most compelling story about reincarnation comes in, but still, be very questioning of the story as well.

Cheers,
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #83
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Hmm…some good stuff in here…i'll continue to look into this issue, thanks guys.

Maybe I will meet someone from a past life one day, maybe not. I guess sense I’ve been around Hugh cities all my life and literally came into contact with thousands…I probably brushed off these ahhhh experiences as being nothing more than coincidences. In my case it might be hard to recall past lives because I don’t really dream, instead, I do recall having certain visions of wars and alien/angelic invasions (seemed so real). I can have some deep intense meditations but rarely recall a dream, or a moment of being here before. Maybe I wasn’t here before; perhaps it’s my first time.

In any case, it would be hard for me to know because I can’t really think of a reason or a lesson that is needed to be learned. For me, I believe nothing that can’t be proven logically. Perhaps this is my lesson, not to believe in the unproven, maybe I died following false teachings and came back for that lesson…or revenge. If details are sketchy, in any form of knowledge, all I can do is take it with a grain of salt. In my experiences, I do much better in life when dealing with facts, opinions and theories always have holes in them; it’s risky believing in the unknown. I hear and read of many accounts of people experiencing various things, its just a bit frustrating witnessing the lack of proof. My discernment has kept me well, and I’m sure it will continue to. I’m wired only to move forward on the path of truth not possibility.

If I don’t question everything, don’t do my best to assist others, don’t get involved physically in a physical world to make it better…I don’t see how I can be a loving individual or become spiritually evolved. Action speaks loader then words and is the materialization of the thought. Sure I can think of a way to move myself (home) out of chaotic surroundings. But, that’s just running away. I fear nothing, all I really want is for everyone to know they are being used, think for themselves, stop following others inconclusive ideas, and help to make the world better for all…not just talk about it.

I know how to get what I want, except its a bit difficult enjoying life when others around me can’t. This could be my lesson, but how? It’s also been said, if I’m seeing things I don’t like in other people then it’s a reflection of seeing something in my self I don’t like. That can be a bit confusing. For instance, if I’m on a crowded train and loud disrespectful people were making me feel uncomfortable…how’s that my fault, or a reflection of myself that I don’t like. I’m far from being loud and often told I’m a bit shy. If I literally see hundreds of different people daily and if some of them have an offensive smell, use vulgar language, litter the streets, beat up innocent pedestrians….how is this a reflection of seeing something in myself I don’t like? Could I be taking this info too literally, or misinterpreted it entirely?

Peace

Last edited by Peace of mind; 03-10-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #84
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post
Hmm…some good stuff in here…i'll continue to look into this issue, thanks guys.

Maybe I will meet someone from a past life one day, maybe not.
In general, what I have found is that the major relationships in your life (i.e. spouse, parents, siblings, and best friends) are usually rooted in past relationships. I would find it very unlikely that you do not have other people in your life with whom you shared past life experiences.

The point of the matter is to resolve karma and to help each other. The reason family and major relationships are usually from past lifetimes is because it is easy to make the decision to resolve karma (not always pleasant and easy) with someone who was your mother, your son or your brother in a past life. In addition, families tend to have group karma patterns where each person is working on the same issues in their lifetime.

--sjkted
Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #85
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
Most people don't really question these things: why is my upper body so strong, but I don't have much endurance? Why do I have a birth mark on my body? Why did I not get along with this relative? What is my purpose in this lifetime? Why am I living in the community I am in right now?
I think much of this comes from one's ancestry, biology and genetics. Your lineage is the momentum that sets up your basis for possible experiences, but I feel it's your subconscious drive which is pinging your conscious mind (working together) that in which one makes choices about how, what, where those experiences will come. I am not a believer that it's all preset or arranged in the stars or comes as a result of a "hangover" from past lives. That's just my opinion, I'm not challenging others/yours. Just offering another way of looking at it.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #86
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyShadow View Post
I think much of this comes from one's ancestry, biology and genetics. Your lineage is the momentum that sets up your basis for possible experiences, but I feel it's your subconscious drive which is pinging your conscious mind (working together) that in which one makes choices about how, what, where those experiences will come. I am not a believer that it's all preset or arranged in the stars or comes as a result of a "hangover" from past lives. That's just my opinion, I'm not challenging others/yours. Just offering another way of looking at it.
Yes, this is also true. I don't in any way see this as an either/or scenario. The body is a perfect vehicle to manifest what you need to do in this lifetime. The soul chooses the parents and lineage and the genetic aspect is also interwoven with the karma.

Here's my understanding of how all of this works. I really think part of the failure here is that we (mainstream anything) doesn't have a working model for all of this, so it's easy to jump to conclusions and not fully understand.

From a 3D perspective, we have had past lifetimes because all that exists in 3D is the current body and current circumstances. Part of our socialization process when we are younger forces us to accept that 3D is all that exists. 3D is very limited because we are disconnected from the higher dimensions and don't really know ourselves or where we are from. From a 3D perspective people are forced to accept the inputs from "experts" -- be they doctors, scientists, PhDs, lawyers, etc. because we are disconnected from our higher dimensions. In other words, we don't "know" what is real, we simply take in information from people who have professionally researched what is real in 3D. We've all undergone the socialization process, so hardly anyone isn't overcome by the amnesia.

The real answer is that we exist in multiple dimensions at the same time, but our consciousness in 3D is disconnected from the higher dimensions. For example, when we sleep we go into 4D, but our consciousness does not integrate the experiences we have in 4D with our 3D experience.

If you go even higher, 5D and 6D eliminate the barriers of space and time. Einstein and some other ahead of their time thinkers have written about this, but nobody seems to grasp how it works in a practical sense.

Basically, as you get into 6D+, you exist in all of your past lifetimes, present lifetimes, and future lifetimes all in the same moment. It's all happening in the NOW. There is a part of you called the higher self, some call it the superconsciousness that is aware of and conscious of all of these existences and what is happening in reality. So, basically, there are infinite numbers of you existing in parallel Earth universes and also in past and future lifetimes all at the same time.

Space and time don't exist -- they are merely illusions. Everything is a vibratory structure and your mind processes vibrations and translates them into physicality and perceptions.

The higher self is as I understand what provides access to the past lives. It is also possible to query information on what is happening in future lifetimes. The point is that this is all much more complex and does have quite a bit of scientific footing than what you can just box into a 3D structure and proclaim that it does or doesn't exist.

--sjkted
Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #87
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

I strongly sense a higher self, I always believed I operated this body from a different plane, but it’s just my belief and I’m always cautious about passing it on to others, without proof. Explaining other realms is a slippery slope and not many have the correct balance (yet) to ski the course or in the least understand it. If time is a ticking then there is concern many will miss out on opportunities to evolve due to the constant bombardments of dis-info. It can be simple things to cause misunderstandings…just like I was brought up accepting higher consciousness as degrees as oppose to dimensions (I believe it’s the same). Gaining various perspectives is always good for obtaining clarity. Thanks guys for providing more to ponder on.

Peace
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #88
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devakas View Post
Reincarnation described for us in Vedas, old scripts > 5000 years

I do believe in old scripts
Yes, and the Rig Vedas. I've also heard of something called "The Golden Scripts" kept somewhere in Tibet and Peru.

The technology I currently use is my total undoing/unwinding from this "divine" drug trip I put myself on and have been obsessively compulsively creating since at least my concept universe phase. Imagine standing at a point in pre-time, pre-creations and looking at the stream of everything that came from that point and realizing it was all one big drug trip.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #89
Devakas
Avalon Senior Member

My hat off to you Gnosis! Sounds you have this bliss of knowing. The happiness all are seeking. Some drive to the left, some go different direction..
All are looking for happiness and iliusion says to them it is there...
There are books written for everyones level. I am glad you know yours.
It is said, 4 generations (grand, father, son and grandson) if would dedicate their lives to only study Vedas, it would not be enough time to learn all the wisdom put in those books.
Golden scripts? Very interesting... Isn't Vedas spread the world to babilon, Egipt, Peru, Tibet?
Thanks Gnosis!
Devakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #90
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Yes, and the Rig Vedas. I've also heard of something called "The Golden Scripts" kept somewhere in Tibet and Peru.

The technology I currently use is my total undoing/unwinding from this "divine" drug trip I put myself on and have been obsessively compulsively creating since at least my concept universe phase. Imagine standing at a point in pre-time, pre-creations and looking at the stream of everything that came from that point and realizing it was all one big drug trip.
... and "what a long strange trip its been."
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #91
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Imagine standing at a point in pre-time, pre-creations and looking at the stream of everything that came from that point... trip.
I composed some music along that thought titled "Before the Beginning"
If interested: http://web.me.com/expanding_horizons...The_Music.html
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #92
AnkhPeace
Project Avalon Member

I think proof is an individual discovery. I have always gone against the grain of traditional views. From the bible to the codex gigas figurative thinking has rendered many to fearful to ask why not re-incarnation. I am certain I have been here before and look forward to the next level. How can you rationalize looking at a two hundred year old photo and feeling to your core you may have been there? The sights, sounds, smells and even the emotion of the event. Not all things can be attributed to an exceptional imagination.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #93
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

AnkhPeace, I hope you don't mind elaborating on this the next time I come to town. It's good to see a familiar who can confirm some of the stuff talked about on these boards.

I respect everyone’s stand and would never persuade one’s belief…as I wouldn’t want anyone to persuade mines without compelling evidence. My skeptism is due to a lack of experience in the matter so it is customary for cynics to question what is not proven. We live in a BS world because we don’t question or demand facts.

It was on this same site where I read something about Earth being a prison planet and the souls trapped here purposely had their memories erased and lifespan shortened to maintain control. The thread was in ufology, it had a PDF file of military documents (supposedly) of an interview with the nurse who took care of the alien that crashed in Roswell. Now mix that in with the various accounts of reincarnation spoken abroad….

These responses are not to just satisfy my curiosity but to demonstrate to others (lurkers) how people will believe anything that sounds good, even when there is not one slither of evidence. I may have experienced some similarities but I can easily chalk up those incidents to being our dormant special abilities attempting to go online. In a nutshell…some people just look and act like others who are living as well as deceased.

Peace
Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #94
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Mystique:
...I know, we know, for the most part, you are not royalty, probably were doing something similar to what you do today, aren't always the "good guy", might not be proud pf some things, but as Bill said, it helps to know what programs are still running and hopefully help with the clearing process...

sjkted:
... In general, what I have found is that the major relationships in your life (i.e. spouse, parents, siblings, and best friends) are usually rooted in past relationships. I would find it very unlikely that you do not have other people in your life with whom you shared past life experiences...
... In addition, learning past life details especially relationship related often provides instant healing as you become conscious of what the original conflict was and how it relates to your present lifetime...
...The higher self is as I understand what provides access to the past lives. It is also possible to query information on what is happening in future lifetimes. The point is that this is all much more complex and does have quite a bit of scientific footing than what you can just box into a 3D structure and proclaim that it does or doesn't exist...
I wish there was a way to combine this thread with the other one http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20625 ...’cause it has so much cross-reference discussion to this one...

Quote:
by xbusymom:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen
After many years of spiritual study and learning/understanding I remembered a significant past life. It came in the form of revelation over about three days. It was a dreadful life of abuse, pain and neglect in a harem in ancient middle east somewhere. The characters in that life were right here in this life, my then husband and his sister and the children I now have.

What was useful about the whole revelation/memory was that it freed up my pelvis and lower back and I was finally free of pain. It was wonderful. I must have been ready to remember and finally forgive all the players from that life.

It would be interesting to find out what chalkra areas you are having trouble with; and how they correlate to the issues you are dealing with...

the same happened to me... when I finally found out about my past lives question/current life lesson- I realized it was with the pelvis chalkra too (not so much with the sexual issue, but as a lesson of how to un-restrict my creativity energies)

EDIT:

*WOW- there are so many different branches of spiritual knowledge wrapped up in this topic that I had forgotten about...
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote