Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-09-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
thedarke
Avalon Senior Member

Default It's Monday....And??????

Okay, so it's Monday, the 8th. Outside of the government taking control of 2 major lending institutions, what else occurred today??????/
thedarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: It's Monday....And??????

Well, he said to pay attention. I think nationalizing the 2 biggies is definitely worthy of attention. I think it's a turning point, kwim? Great news of Chase I guess.

Now the auto industry is lobbying for help.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

do you think they took control, to hide the truth ?
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #4
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
Well, he said to pay attention. I think nationalizing the 2 biggies is definitely worthy of attention. I think it's a turning point, kwim? Great news of Chase I guess.

Now the auto industry is lobbying for help.
as for them, the auto industry,
perhaps, they should start producing the type of car
they could produce in the 50's
(but didn't) SHAME ON THEM !!!

now, THEY are paying big $'s for gas/oil too

so, hopefully; they will break their old alliances
and, side with the people,
who are their REAL CUSTOMERS

we all need to start to speak out

instead, a lot of people
go to the gas station,
mumble a little, slam the purchase on a credit card,
and, then pay their bare minimums
that is NOT a way for any of us to live or survive

i did NOT think anything would happen on monday, either

do you think they are starting to run scared

it really must be freaking them out...
that a site like this lauches,
and, has literally thousands of people online,
at once

all i can say, is : isn't this great

brightest blessings to all

i am
Susan
aka The eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #5
Ceilidh_Madigan@yahoo.com
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: It's Monday....And??????

I have to agree that the takeover is significant, if not earth-shattering. There are now puppets controlling half of the American mortgage market, which could be a queen piece in orchestrating an economic collapse.
Ceilidh_Madigan@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

I think nationalizing two biggies is just another step on their path of centralizing power. They get to squeeze out and not bail out the little guys. There have been rumors for awhile of a UN related agency investigating our financial situation, too. It all points in the same direction I think. More power centralized while the little people get screwed. Oh well, let them have their fun! They can't take it with them, huh?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #7
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

And most of America is clueless.
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #8
Streetsdreamer13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Thoughts on coming October events?

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts and or sources to hint to the coming events of this October?
Streetsdreamer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #9
Adarajones
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunamahalo View Post
And most of America is clueless.
And isn't that the worst part!.

People just keep on working to get that pay check, shopping at Walmart, watching baseball on TV.......... WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

The time is NOW!.

God help us ALL
Adarajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #10
Andre
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarke View Post
Okay, so it's Monday, the 8th. Outside of the government taking control of 2 major lending institutions, what else occurred today??????/
This might be of interest.

Russia confirms sending warships to the Atlantic, Caribbean

Quote:
MOSCOW, September 8 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian naval task force from the Northern Fleet will go on a tour of duty in the Atlantic Ocean and participate in joint naval drills with the Venezuelan navy in November, a Navy spokesman said on Monday.

"In line with the 2008 training program and in order to expand military cooperation with foreign navies Russia will send in November a naval task force from the Northern Fleet, comprising nuclear-powered missile cruiser Pyotr Velikiy and support ships, to the Atlantic Ocean," Capt. 1st Rank Igor Dygalo said.

During the tour of duty, the Russian warships will participate in joint naval exercises with the Venezuelan navy.

"The decision to conduct Russian-Venezuelan naval exercises was adopted at the meeting between presidents in July this year," Dygalo said.

"During the exercise, ships and naval aircraft will practice coordinated maneuvering, search-and-rescue, and communications," he said.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez earlier said Venezuela would hold joint naval exercises with Russian warships in the Caribbean in late November-early December.

Russia announced last year that Russia's Navy had resumed, and would build up its continual presence in different regions of the world's oceans.

A naval task force from Russia's Northern Fleet, consisting of the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, the Udaloy-Class destroyers Admiral Levchenko and Admiral Chabanenko, as well as auxiliary vessels, conducted from December 2007 to February 2008 a two-month tour of duty in the Mediterranean Sea and North Atlantic.
Is this ultimately a buildup to war?
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:41 AM   #11
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

That could be it, too Andre. Between that and Russia trying to put military bases in Syria things are getting dicey.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #12
Andre
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
That could be it, too Andre. Between that and Russia trying to put military bases in Syria things are getting dicey.
In addition to that, check out these stories:

Russia Prepares To Launch Iran's Nuclear Plant

Quote:
MOSCOW — The Russian state-run company building Iran's first nuclear plant said Monday that preparations for the reactor's launch had entered their final stage.

Atomstroiexport chief Leonid Reznikov said that by year's end the company will take steps that will make the launch of the Bushehr plant "irreversible."

Company spokeswoman Irina Yesipova said the launch date will be determined after talks between Russian and Iranian nuclear officials this month.

Iranian officials have said that Bushehr would be launched this fall.

The International Atomic Energy Agency declined comment.

Nonproliferation expert David Albright, whose Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security tracks countries under nuclear suspicion, suggested that the steps referred to by Russia probably involved the loading of fuel into the reactor.

He said there are no irreversible steps, but taking out after it was loaded would be troublesome because it would require dealing with irradiated fuel and a contaminated reactor core.

Iran is paying Russia more than $1 billion to build the 1,000-megawatt light-water reactor. Construction has been held up by disputes between Tehran and Moscow, publicly described as centering on questions of payment and the schedule for shipping nuclear fuel.

The United States and other Western nations that fear Iran is seeking to acquire nuclear weapons have criticized Russia for building Bushehr.

Washington softened its position after Iran agreed to return spent nuclear fuel to Russia to ensure it does not extract materials that could be used to make weapons. The United States and its Western allies also agreed to drop any reference to Bushehr in sanctions resolutions passed by the U.N. Security Council.

Russia says the plant's contract is in line with all international agreements aimed at preventing nuclear weapons proliferation.

U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack did not comment directly on the Russian statements but pointed out that the deal between Russia and Iran on Bushehr has long been in place.

"In a sense, it is a kind of model for Iran being able to have civilian nuclear energy without the fuel cycle," he said. "Quite frankly, the international system has at this point decided they can't be trusted."
These steps will make launch simply irreversible.

Take a look at this too:

Bush Cancels Russian Nuclear Deal As Consequence Of Russia-Georgia Conflict

Quote:
WASHINGTON — In a pointed but mostly symbolic expression of displeasure with Moscow, President Bush on Monday canceled a once-celebrated civilian nuclear cooperation deal with Russia.

Bush had sent the agreement to Congress for approval in May, after a much-heralded signing by the two nations that capped two years of tough negotiations. On Monday, he officially pulled it back, a move announced by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"We make this decision with regret," said Rice, in a statement read by spokesman Sean McCormack. "Unfortunately, given the current environment, the time is not right for this agreement."

The action combines with a recently announced $1 billion foreign aid package for tiny, West-leaning Georgia and the time Vice President Dick Cheney spent last week railing against Russia in its backyard to form the U.S. administration's punishment of Moscow for its invasion of Georgia. The nuclear deal was highly unlikely to win approval on Capitol Hill this year anyway, but Bush decided to actively withdraw it to make a loud statement.

Moscow, though, might not be much inclined to hear it.

Newly flush with riches from sales of its vast energy resources, Russia appears to feel it no longer has as much need for the potentially billions in revenue the deal would have provided it by allowing Moscow to establish a lucrative business as the center for the import and storage of spent nuclear fuel from American-supplied reactors around the world. The Russian Embassy in Washington said there would be no comment on Bush's action.

The deal's disappearance hampers some important global goals for Bush. It would have given Washington access to state-of-the-art Russian nuclear technology, while helping it address climate change by increasing civilian nuclear energy use worldwide and keeping nuclear material out of terrorists' hands.

"The U.S. non-proliferation goals contained in the agreement remain valid: to provide a sound basis for U.S.-Russian civilian nuclear cooperation, create commercial opportunities and enhance cooperation with Russia on important global non-proliferation issues," said Rice.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #13
thedarke
Avalon Senior Member

I believe the mortgage takeover is significant to some extent, I am still trying to figure out to what extent though. I just had a thought for the morning, if the US government now owns a majority of the mortgages out there, do they now own the homes that the mortgages are against? Does this mean that they can come in and take ownership of these homes whenever they want? I mean cities and states can already take over land in the US "Eminent Domain" to expand cities etc.

The power of the federal or state government to take private property for a public purpose, even if the property owner objects.
thedarke is offline   Reply With Quote