Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 AM   #26
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D supplements WARNING!!!

Vitamin D3 IU helped me tremendously I had to take 5000 twice a week. I am now 1000 IU per weeks for the rest of my life. I know it worked for me. The majority of my pain left. I am wallking all the time now

Colloidal Silver is a wonder drug........You only turn blue/grey if you use non purified water. You need to keep your wires , water & bottles clean.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #27
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

two thoughts:

1) if your skin turns blue from taking too much collodial silver, this isn't necessarily bad for you, is it? other than looking weird? one think i was thinking about when it came to blue skin and collodial silver are the old hindu dieties with the blue skin....what's the whole story behind them? maybe they were just people from thousands of years ago who were taking alot of collodial silver?

2) i took a bit of vitamin d supplement when i was eating really well, and too busy with school. but normally, i just make a smoothie every morning with maybe 6-10 frozen strawberries in it. this keeps me from getting really depressed in the winter like i would get through junior high and high school. i only do this in the winter though, because in the summer i eat lots of leafy greens, and fruit, and get lots of sunlight. no need for supplements of smoothies every morning. however, d3 might still be a really good thing to have around just in case. what if the dollar crashes, there is a food crisis, ww3 and food rationing? it would be good to have a supply of d3 to make up for the fact it will either be mush harder or impossible for any of us to get our proverbial frozen strawberries anymore.

in any case, good thread. if you get sick, eat small amounts of fruit, berries, green leafy veggies, yogurt with active bacteria cultures, and dont eat meat or grain or nuts. make sure you get fresh air, and sunlight, and a bit of exercise as well, but make sure you dont stress yourself with overworking or overdoing anything. stressing the fact that you should drink lots of water, and have a low intake of easy-to digest foods full of the things you need. doing this helps clean out your system. the reason for not eating alot of food, and staying away from harder to digest foods is that your body consumes a ridiculous amount of energy digesting food, and when you're sick, you need that energy to help you get better. animals in the wild will abstain from food when they're sick. look at your cats and dos when they get sick. youll get much better much faster if you follow those basics. d3 pills would probably help too, but it is always better to go the natural route.

also, ginger, sliced into little thing shoestrings strips, steeped in boiling water, with a few drops of lemon juice concentrate, and a few drops of honey works wonders.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
Worlds Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampgod View Post
All pills are based off of real natural remedies.
Pills are a bad choice in my personal opinion.
If someone has messed themselves up so badly they absolutely need them... then I feel for them.

I hope more people look to real organic food for proper health.

As for Vitamin D.... Just stand in the sun everyday for 10 minutes (or more).

Hello Ampgod..

I agree wholeheartedly that natural food/medicine is the best way, and have been a staunch avoider of Western Medicine/Pharmaceuticals since I was 15.

However, I'm slightly concerned by your post...

3 years ago I was hit (out of nowhere) with a serious auto-immune disease, which is progressively deteriorating..

just for some background info, have been a Veggie/organic eater most of my life, never eaten junk, never done drugs and don't drink alcohol, taken only natural remedies/cures, seen acupuncturists, homoeopaths, and other healers for over 20 years, I've kept fit/exercised, and had never been in hospital or had any major illness.. up to 3 years ago...

so I find your comment " If someone has messed themselves up so badly they absolutely need them... " a little harsh to be honest.. that's just me personally...! I kept myself well looked after for 20 years, followed all the known wisdom for "proper health" and don't think my condition could be ever judged as a result of my having willfully or ignorantly "messed myself up" .

Not everybody who has to take pills is taking them 1) as 1st choice 2) happily 3)without being conscious of them being from the big Pharma Co's. 4)without awareness of the damage they can do...

I tried ALL available/recommended alternative ways of healing my illness for the first 18 months, and got absolutey no benefit, only more steadily ill and in pain.. can you imagine how devastatingly disappointing that was? I have always had 100% faith in, and been an ambassador for, natural medicine!
Finally came to the conclusion that there must be a reason for all this hapening, that maybe my illness is not 'meant' to cured? I have to trust that this is happening for my own spiritual/life progression in some way (not always easy! lol!)

I don't like the concoction of Pharmaceutical medicines/pills I have to put into my system every day, it is very worrying, but out of sheer desperation, severity of my illness and utter agony, I ended up doing so! But believe me, this was NO easy decision to make, and I am living with the constant awareness that these meds are damaging my body in other ways (they already have permanently damaged my stomach and also meant I can rarely get out and about anymore).

Solutions like "just stand in the sun for 10 mins every day" are nice ideas, but frankly life isn't always so simple.. Sunlight is impossible for me (and others), as the sun burns my skin instantly, literally, and also causes my face and body to swell up like a pumpkin.. and then follows a flare up of severe pain in my body/joints, amongst all my other symptoms. I have to stay totally away from/covered up in sunlight... no more sunny days out/hols for me!! This in itself, has led me to now have Severe Vit D deficiency, so severe, that my bones are actually softening and degrading at a rapid rate.. including my jawbone, which is disintegrating so rapidly, I found out only days ago that it's looking certain I'll lose all my teeth within a year or so... in spite of fact I STILL take my natural Vits and Minerals.. alongside my Meds.. so now I HAVE to take Pharma Vit D3, at high potency, and Vit injections too, to at least slow down the bone loss..

At the age of 42, this is all VERY scary for me, having always been so strong and healthy and active.. I do my best every single day to stay positive, keep my humour, and think and pray and do what little I can to help others, many in this world are MUCH worse off than me! But some days I do feel totally beaten and low..and scared... and reading your words didn't make me feel too good to be honest...

please.... I know you probably meant NO harm at all to anyone, and were probably meaning to be well-intentioned in your post, but please, perhaps think a little first about the words you choose to write or speak, in here .. or anywhere.. in fact we all need to try this more... as we never know who is listening/reading and how what we say could make another person feel.... on or offline.. our words can be weapons.. but they can also be magic wands... and we often spout forth our thoughts/opinions/beliefs without really thinking ahead about the possible impact of what we say into the wider world!

opinions are 'just opinions'.. so they say.. but sometimes they can come across as judgements and can appear somewhat callous.. or worse.. and maybe I'm just having a low point right now as I've found myself 'reacting' to your post.. maybe I'm just being a bit 'too sensitive' today... I take responsibility for that.. but I do feel so much that sometimes our ideas/opinions might be better put across to others in lighter/less harsh/'statement of undeniable fact' ways..??

If only we all took a few minutes to think first about how we are going to convey what we want to say... before opening our mouths or firing off on the keyboard (me included!) .... just a thought!

peaceful blessings to you .. and all
Old 11-07-2008, 01:43 AM   #29
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

I suggest people do a google search of vitamin D3's health benefits, as I did.

And if you live in a cloudy setting like mine, I bet you'll reach the same conclusion I did, and take 2000 to 3000 IU a day, except during the sunny summer. Many studies, and I mean MANY, suggest vitamin D3 is one very significant supplement for people who either have to stay out of the sun, or who live under clouds most of the year.
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #30
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
I suggest people do a google search of vitamin D3's health benefits, as I did.

And if you live in a cloudy setting like mine, I bet you'll reach the same conclusion I did, and take 2000 to 3000 IU a day, except during the sunny summer. Many studies, and I mean MANY, suggest vitamin D3 is one very significant supplement for people who either have to stay out of the sun, or who live under clouds most of the year.

Even on a gray and cloudy day, getting outside can help your skin create the mood-boosting, health-supplementing Vitamin D. A complete cloud cover only halves the energy of ultraviolet rays, which trigger Vitamin D production.

Humm. I wonder what would happen if used a ultra violet light on myself. HAHAHAHA Would i produce Vitamin D?

Check this out: http://www.summertan.com/vitamin_d_a...olet_light.htm

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-11-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #31
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlds Beyond View Post
Hello Ampgod..

I agree wholeheartedly that natural food/medicine is the best way, and have been a staunch avoider of Western Medicine/Pharmaceuticals since I was 15.

However, I'm slightly concerned by your post...

3 years ago I was hit (out of nowhere) with a serious auto-immune disease, which is progressively deteriorating..

just for some background info, have been a Veggie/organic eater most of my life, never eaten junk, never done drugs and don't drink alcohol, taken only natural remedies/cures, seen acupuncturists, homoeopaths, and other healers for over 20 years, I've kept fit/exercised, and had never been in hospital or had any major illness.. up to 3 years ago...

so I find your comment " If someone has messed themselves up so badly they absolutely need them... " a little harsh to be honest.. that's just me personally...! I kept myself well looked after for 20 years, followed all the known wisdom for "proper health" and don't think my condition could be ever judged as a result of my having willfully or ignorantly "messed myself up" .
I agree. I will edit this immediately. Very sorry.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote