Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #26
zorgon

Default Re: Microwaves are VERY BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseYourLifeNow View Post
I heard the other day while perusing YouTube that microwaves are actually very bad for you!
Youtube huh? Great source

-causes cancer (mainly stomach and intestinal cancer)

Microwaves can, but they are all around us daily... the food cooked by one however does not.

-shuts down hormone production

Can you explain how a microwave oven does this?

-causes long-term brain damage

Yes the microwaves do that not the cooked food... in the case of a microwave oven for that to happen you would need to stick your head into the oven... This is a BAD IDEA even in a normal oven

-the microwave by-products stay in your body

There are no 'microwave by-products' Microwaves are radiation that excite molecules to move faster and give off heat...

-destroys the vitamins and nutrients in food

So does normal cooking. As most vitamins are water soluble cooking your veggies in a pot of water and pouring the water down the drain means you are pouring all the nutrients out as well. In that sense MORE are destroyed or lost by normal cooking. If you save the water like in a soup or stew its okay. Chinese wok cooking is the best as all the nutrients stay in the sauce

-creates free radicals when eaten

What the hell is a 'free radical' anyway... do you know? and what harm do they do (other than the political kind)
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 AM   #27
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseYourLifeNow View Post
I heard the other day while perusing YouTube that microwaves are actually very bad for you! Not only are they bad when you run them, but they cause the food you eat to be practically toxic!
I, and many others, have been using microwave ovens for over 30 years. In that time I've seen more damage done to human lives by the programmes shown on TV, that any caused by using microwave ovens. While we're talking about microwaves, how many times have you or a friend, put your head in one? How many times a day do you or a friend hold a mobile or cellphone to the head? Where's the difference? At least the oven is shielded.

On the other hand, the biggest cause of human suffering in this world is alcohol. So would you agree to putting all narcotics, alcohol included, and phones into the microwave oven and throwing the lot in the rubbish.

Oh, I nearly forgot, what are you going to do about water? I'll guarantee that more people die from drowning than die from using microwave ovens.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #28
historycircus

I'll toss my microwave right now to keep the booze. And the phone, just don't take away my "Sangre del Torro."

Capish?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 AM   #29
Rumas
Avalon Senior Member

OK let see I will leave a potato out and see if rouge microwaves cook it??? lol

Its all in the math

Think of radio waves just like you think of light Light! Radio waves move through the air exactly the same way light waves do. They just go through it. Like light, they move in straight lines, and some materials can cause them to be reflected (or bounce). Also like light, there are some materials that can absorb radio waves. But while light is absorbed by many materials, radio waves can go right through most of the things around us (like light goes through clear glass). So when the radio waves leave the radio station, they are sent off in every direction, skittering and bouncing all the way to your radio antenna, going right through any trees, walls, etc. that might be in the way.

Unless your very close to a microwave transmitter, the wattage in the waves degrades with distance. There is a mathematical equations to prove this. Your cell phone is very low wattage that is stepped up to a higher wattage inside the phone. Cell phones have low-power transmitters. 0.2 - 3 watts. Your microwave is about 1000-1500 watts. The screen on the door of your microwave also blocks the waves. Its also mathematically calculated to prevent the waves from leaking from the microwave. There still is some leakage.

dBm is the measurement strength of the waves. Microwave are in dBM. It can also be expressed in wattage. Small "m" milliwatt, big "M" Megawatt

dBm = log10 (mW)*10
mW =10^(dBm/10)

80 dBm 100 kilowatts (Typical transmission power of FM radio station with 50 km range)
60 dBm 1 kilowatts = 1000 Watts (Typical combined radiated RF power of microwave oven elements)
50 dBm 100 watts (Typical thermal radiation emitted by a human body)
40 dBm 10.00 watts
36 dBm 4.00 watts (Maximum ERP allowed by FCC in U.S.)
30 dBm 1 Watt = 1000 milliWatt (Typical RF leakage allowed from a microwave oven) - (Maximum output power for DCS 1800 MHz mobile phone
Maximum output from a GSM1800/1900 mobile phone)
27 dBm 500 milliwatts
26 dBm 400 milliwatts
25 dBm 320 milliwatts
24 dBm 250 milliwatts
23 dBm 200 milliwatts (Typical output from WLAN devices at 915MHz)
22 dBm 160 milliwatts
21 dBm 130 milliwatts
20 dBm 100 milliwatts (Maximum ERP allowed by E.T.S.I. In Europe)
15 dBm 32 milliwatts
10 dBm 10 milliwatts
5 dBm 3.2 milliwatts
4 dBm 2.5 milliwatts
3 dBm 2.0 milliwatts
2 dBm 1.6 milliwatts
1 dBm 1.3 milliwatts
0 dBm 1.0 milliwatts
1- dBm 0.79 milliwatts
5- dBm 0.32 milliwatts
10- dBm 0.1 milliwatts
20- dBm 0.01 milliwatts
30- dBm 0.001 milliwatts
40- dBm 0.0001 milliwatts
50- dBm 0.00001 milliwatts
60- dBm 0.000001 milliwatts
70- dBm 0.0000001 milliwatts
80- dBm 0.00000001 milliwatts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light.jpg (17.3 KB, 2 views)
Rumas is offline   Reply With Quote