Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member

Default Project Avalon Conference Calls

Hey Everybody!

So I just had this idea. I've been using a program called Skype recently, to keep in contact with my friends and family back home. In case you're not familiar with it, this is an amazing program that allows you to talk from computer to computer for FREE.

I was thinking with everything that's been happening lately, we may not have the internet and it's unlimited access for too much longer. So I wanted to throw out an idea to the community to see how many people would be interested in the idea.

With Skype, you can set up conference calls for up to 24 people. I was thinking that it might be a cool idea to set up a list here of people who are interesting in discussing current events and coming up with possible plans for what might be in our future. It would be faster communication than the boards, and with Skype allowing for Webcams, maybe a little more personal.

If anything, we might be able to not only get to know each other a little better, but also to come together as a group and brainstorm in an environment similar to as if we were all sitting together in a room.

Anyway, I don't know how many of you are keen on the idea, but if there's enough support I thought maybe we should set something up. Possibly a weekly thing, or maybe even a nightly thing (obviously no one could be there every night, but at least there would be people together in case you couldn't make the weekly meeting).

I figure the Project Avalon community has so many ideas to share that it's important for us to keep as much communication going as possible for as long as possible.

So for those of you interested, I suggest you post your Skype username. So to get the ball rolling, mine is Jeremiad22.

I look forward to hearing what is is ya'll have to say!

- J
Jeremiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Project Avalon Conference Calls

Its a great idea.

I have created a new Skype account called anchor_avalon for the experiment.

SKYPE is not private. You should assume that some three letter agency is a participant to your call, which being electronic in nature is easy to survey. My belief is that they can go through the encryption like a hot knife through butter.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiad View Post
So for those of you interested, I suggest you post your Skype username. So to get the ball rolling, mine is Jeremiad22.
I tried adding you as a contact but

Contact Jeremiad22 cannot be found. ...

A..
Old 09-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Anchor,

I was able to find you and add you as a contact. One of my friends back home had the same problem finding me, and I wasn't able to find her either. I don't know if it has anything to do with being in another hemisphere or not.

Either way, I've got you on my list now. And while Skype isn't private, I hardly think any of the alphabets will really do anything. I think we're too far gone to actually stop any of the events from happening. All we can do now is hope to come together to share information.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

case matters it seems, I can find you if I use jeremaid22 but not Jeremaid22 - thats pretty goofy.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

I do have skype..but never really used it..not sure how to respond to a conference call? I do thinks its a great idea..i did suggest something like this on the UK thread!
i think you can find me on skype under firehorse, or edgeinsight@hotmail.co.uk or kate

best of luck with getting this off the ground!
fire
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Norval
Banned

Gale and I have been using yahoo messenger with voice for years. It also has a conference call feature that works well. We back that up with Team Speak when yahoo is down.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #8
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member

Groovy firehorse, I put you on the list. If enough people show interest I figure we might be able to get something up and running. Maybe once a week or something like that.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

cheers !! to be honest i had no idea what to do when u came thru on skype..but i will no doubt figure it out! all the best!
fire
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote