Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #26
Agape
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 162
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Yes!!!
We are alone in the universe!
Completely alone!

End of discussion!!!
Agreed. I'm very much alone in Universe and always had been. Have you ever heard about humans ?

They're not the easiest to go along with all their opinions but better than to be alone all the time.

A
Agape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 240
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
Therefore they have no real motivation to be truthful, fair, or meet any other human concept of interspecies relations and we shouldn't expect them to.

I think this is a bit of a bleak outlook.
I look upon the stories that's are shown or given to abductees in some cases can be largely different, this doesn't negate their validity but are given to abductees for the reason to misdirect from the true course.. That being our own governments involvement...

Also I dont think Homosapians or the general populous in their current mind set are looked upon as ready to come into contact with more advanced beings. This I believe is changing as time passes and the psyche of the general populous becomes more advanced in a spiritual sense.

When we can understand whats on earth with us already then we will be ready for a first contact. Are we near that point? I don't know.

As a civilization advances, it advances in technology and ethics hand in hand or at least to give the illusion of being ethical, with technology and Internet, companies are having to become more ethical as the veil is lifted.. The psyche of the majority is of good nature and its only the few that are able to skew this in the wrong direction. This I believe is changing, we are advancing.

To think that the only reason for contact from other beings as purely explotational is in my mind not the case.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #28
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 284
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmostef View Post
I think this is a bit of a bleak outlook.
... This I believe is changing, we are advancing.

To think that the only reason for contact from other beings as purely explotational is in my mind not the case.
My point is not that they would necessarily be that way but that there is nothing that says they wouldn't be and we should be prepared for any eventuality.

We can't afford to pull a Chamberlain with this business.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #29
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 431
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmostef View Post
The links dont seem to work!
Here they are: http://www.niburu.nl/index.php?articleID=22589
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #30
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 240
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
My point is not that they would necessarily be that way but that there is nothing that says they wouldn't be and we should be prepared for any eventuality.

We can't afford to pull a Chamberlain with this business.
Polarity is a worrying thing... I like to think as we become more advanced
we can become less of how we have been so far.. If that makes sense.


Being dilligent is a good thing.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #31
Bilko
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London South East
Posts: 61
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Show someone the X files or a film where we meet aliens and people get all scared and dismissive even to the point of ridicule. Show someone a film where alien races live among us ie, starwars, startrek, babylon 5 et-all and they are completely at ease with it.
Go figure
Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #32
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member
 
gibonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 192
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

@trainedobserver
Quote:
No. Why would they? Why destroy a valuable resource? The whole "they would have already killed us all" argument is really baseless as I have already illustrated. A sufficiently advanced society wouldn't find it necessary or in their best interests to openly invade or kill. It doesn't mean they want to be your friend and hand you a free-energy device so you can power your I-Pod though. It might mean they want to use you as a resource to suit their own needs and desires.
I get your point and it's valid.
What I'm talking about is as if it wasn't already true, meaning we are somebody's slaves! Why would be afraid of this, when we are living it?
Your argument also shows that not all et's are friendly and have high vibrations
and like us their technology exceeds their spirituality.
Unless it's their purpose in universe:
exploit and make r/evolution possible, no crisis= no change

gibonos

Last edited by gibonos; 01-27-2010 at 08:37 PM.
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #33
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 284
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko View Post
Show someone the X files or a film where we meet aliens and people get all scared and dismissive even to the point of ridicule. Show someone a film where alien races live among us ie, starwars, startrek, babylon 5 et-all and they are completely at ease with it.
Go figure
When dealing with an unknown such an alien civilization, to error on the side of caution would be no great shame. To error the other way could be disastrous for the human race, Earth, and future episodes of Family Guy.

They could just like us or similar enough for it not to matter or they could be so different as to be unintelligible to us. In other words we may have to deal with just like we do with any other human government ...with a great deal of caution or we might not even be able to understand what they are or what they are actually doing. In either case and everything in between we should very careful and deliberate and assume nothing about them including their honesty.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 01-27-2010 at 11:13 PM.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 284
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmostef View Post
As a civilization advances, it advances in technology and ethics hand in hand or at least to give the illusion of being ethical, ...
It is an illusion. There is no practical evidence that technology and ethics are linked in the slightest. Having worked for many years in what was termed the 'High-Tech' Industry I can assure you ethics and morality have nothing to do with the development and use of technology. In fact, it would seem to be to the contrary.

As a quick survey of history will show technological advances are often in response to the needs of warfare. Nazi Germany and the U.S.A. during WWII are two excellent examples. Modern military institutions invest heavily into advanced technology and are the first to adopt new technologies to complete their mission. This is an undeniable fact in human history and development. There is no basis for assuming another civilization would be any different. One would hope for it while simultaneously planning for the opposite.

The truth is that a civilization with technology so advanced as to appear to be magic could at the same time be predatory, expansionist, imperialistic, or just mischievous. We have no real way of knowing.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #35
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 240
Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
It is an illusion.

The truth is that a civilization with technology so advanced as to appear to be magic could at the same time be predatory, expansionist, imperialistic, or just mischievous. We have no real way of knowing.
Very true.. My point was kinda that it has to be done in a illusionary manner or there would be problems with the population.... But you have made all very valid points.

I hope we meet the good ones and not the bad... My father when I asked the question "Who are the goodies" He would reply "there are no goodies" Mosty watching war films or cow boys and indians.... I digress....

Last edited by chelmostef; 01-27-2010 at 09:04 PM.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon