Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Future Talk > Visions of the Future

Notices

Visions of the Future Visions of the future, What are you seeing? Thoughts, Dreams, Intuition....

Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
cray1532

Default Anti-everything

The one thing that I have known since I was a child, is that this is not working. By this I mean civilization...yup I said it. People lived in harmony with this beautiful planted for millions of years, within the last 10,000 years (years we have been "civilized") we have done nothing but take and distroy. To me a tribal way of life would be my ultimate goal for the future, however this is probably not possible....*sigh*

If you are interested in this idea I would suggest reading "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn. For me this book helped me understand everything I've been feeling all along.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
stefaan
Avalon Senior Member

Angry Re: Anti-everything

I agree. What we call civilization is not civilized at all.

If you're interested, the BBC made a documentary some years ago: The Secret of El Dorado.
New evidence that advanced societies flourished in the Amazon Basin before the arrival of Europeans It was the most notorious wild-goose chase in history: the Conquistadors' search for El Dorado, a fabulous kingdom of gold that Indians said lay hidden in the jungles of the Amazon Basin. But now, at last, archaeologists have uncovered the truth behind that myth. They have found evidence of a huge society, as advanced as the Egyptians or the Incas, right in the heart of the rainforest. And this is more than the story of a lost world rediscovered. For it seems that the people of the real El Dorado possessed a secret with the power to transform our world and their secret in the soil could be the solution to solving famine in the third world and other nations once and for all....

What I find very remarkable in this story is the fact, when they disappeared, they left no traces at all. After only 50 years, all traces are gone.
For me, that's evidence of real civilization. A few million people, for some centuries living from or within the forest, without destroying it, and even not leaving any traces when they disappear.

I was brought up with the motion, if you borrow something from someone, you should return it at least in the same way you've got it, and even better, in a better state (cleaned up, or whatever makes it better).

We so called civilized people managed to nearly destroy everything there is on earth. And if we'd vanish for some reason, we would leave the earth with ugly scars and wounds that would not cure in the first coming centuries. Just think about all the nuclear factories (energy centrals ? how do you put this in english?) There are a 500 of them. Then you have all the nuclear waste storage places. And as you know, we now use nuclear products in our weapons. If people would vanish, all those nuclear places would become like ulcers on mother earth's body. And I am just talking about the nuclear problems. There are also chemical issues and many other things. What we did, is rape the earth in every way we could think of, as if we want her to die as soon as possible.

Some say we are here on earth in this life as a form of punishment. We are fallen angels or something like that. Well, earth seems to be a too nice prison for criminals like we are.

Ok, ok. I am exagerating now, my words are full of hate, without any nuances. But, are you so proud of what we have done and still are doing each day?
stefaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anti-everything

cray1532 -- so many of us here know for a fact that we are not from this planet and that nothing here has ever seemed right, except Nature, which works beautifully all by itself. We couldn't be "mainstreamed," we haven't been brainwashed, and we have looked with clear eyes at how twisted humanity is.

We have a chance now to transcend this place, and to perhaps do some good before we go. Some of the small communities will be tribal in nature; maybe you can make contact with people thinking along the same lines? If you can't change the big picture, at least build a small part of it that is good.

Have peace in your heart, no matter what happens.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
cray1532 -- so many of us here know for a fact that we are not from this planet and that nothing here has ever seemed right, except Nature, which works beautifully all by itself. We couldn't be "mainstreamed," we haven't been brainwashed, and we have looked with clear eyes at how twisted humanity is.

We have a chance now to transcend this place, and to perhaps do some good before we go. Some of the small communities will be tribal in nature; maybe you can make contact with people thinking along the same lines? If you can't change the big picture, at least build a small part of it that is good.

Have peace in your heart, no matter what happens.
I really can relate,but i finally realize that we have to build our spiritual arks to flow upon the sea of change. To resist change is to resist life.

The ancients teachings say they any resistance towards change is guranteed reincarnation of the soul.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 AM   #5
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

this is a valid question

ive read "the story of B" by mr quinn as well.

MOST our pain and suffering comes from the ills of "civilizaton"
homo sapiens lived for much longer than civilized/town/nationstate has been around and that includes atlantis/lenmuria 12,000 or so years ago.

for thousands upon thousands of years tribes living in balance with the earth existed. they didnt keep food under lock and key, they werent wage slaves, they respected and used the environment in balance. some are still around today, and guess what, theyll be around after a pole shift too.

its a shame most historians just write them off as "simple" and teach about when history REALLY "started". its more like the history of us being born into slavery of kings and rulers.

perhaps we can be a "global tribe" but its going to take some serious work.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:29 AM   #6
Shechaiyah
Banned

Let's say we all pray for Deliverance from this Corruption and Crime,

and then we GET through that, and 2012 does its thing?

Then what?

Shech-- -----> PS :: What does "ON % REPORT" mean? <---

Edited typos

Last edited by Shechaiyah; 10-03-2008 at 02:16 AM. Reason: found typos
Shechaiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:58 AM   #7
cray1532

Thats exactly it. My mind races everyday trying to think of a way to escape "mother culture" but it just seems like I find huge obsticales with every way I dream up. Have we gotten to the point where this cannot be reversed? I hope not...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #8
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefaan View Post
I agree. What we call civilization is not civilized at all.
Who was it [Ghandi?? Dalai Llama??] that was asked what he thought about western civilization and he said, "why, yes! I think it would be a good idea!"
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
stefaan
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Anti-everything

It was Ghandi. Funny guy !
stefaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
civilization, daniel quinn, future, ishmael, tribes