Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Lost my temper

I have participated in another forum, for the last 8 years. The main subjects are preparedness, and politics. One of the problems with hanging around a place for that long is, you tend to start treating people like relatives. Never a good thing.

What I mean by that is, you tend to indulge them their ignorance, in the name of family, or domestic peace. In the long run... never a good thing.

The political make-up of the place is fairly predictable, as far as prepper/political places go:
85% Neo-conned,
10% "Obama couldn't do wrong even if he shot their mother" type.
5% fairly astute people, on financial, or political things.

It's that last 5% that keeps me coming back. They make it one of the best sources for news I've found in the last 10 years. Then came the November '08 elections.

Now this is a forum with a fairly brisk posting rate. A typical day will avg 80 topics/day. Since the election, the whining has gone up considerably. Most of it on things of little consequence. Some deserved. I'd say about 90% have to do with things like:
* Obama bowed to the wrong person, or
* Obama pooped on the wrong colored doily, this morning.

Occasionally the whiners even get it right, like:
* The Executive Order issued Dec. 17, which gave a foreign police agency (Interpol) complete immunity from prosecution for anything they might do in this country.

I have gone from:
* Ignoring all this, to
* Holding my piece, to
* Trying my damnedest to keep my mouth shut, to
* Reminding myself how damned good I've been at not saying anything, to
* Imagining what I'd say, if I were to give in to the temptation to vent, to...
Well, let's face it; none of us are saints all the time, are we? So I finally vented:
Relax guys!!!

We still kidnap and torture people world wide in the name of freedom.

We still murder women and children via remote control 1/2 a world away, then do the same with those who show up for the funerals.

We still have govt employees going thru your phone conversations, emails, text messages, and yes, even your sock drawer without a warrant!

Our govt can still arrest you for no reason whatsoever, and just tuck you away.

We're still going bankrupt at the same speed, it's just that someone else has the credit card, this week.

It's the same Fascist government everyone cheered for the last 8 years... it just took on a few tricks to keep a diff 1/2 of the country quiet, is all. Like it or not, there are 2 herds of sheep, in this country. Both must occasionally be served, or they get grumpy.

This what brings us to year 9 of the Bush/Obama era.

Come on! Embrace the Change!!
It felt so good, I actually had a moment of true pride. After all, I had told them since roughly June of last year, that not a thing would change in the country, with Obama's election. So I was very proud I'd not said "I told you so!" even once.

I got up from the computer, and let my post "percolate" for almost 12 hours. I came back expecting I'd get called every form of traitor under the sun.

Result? not a peep! I was very disappointed to say the least. Finally, it came to me! I'd come over here and type this, then go back to bed!

Here endeth the rant,

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Spregovori

Default Re: Lost my temper

I think I can directly relate to your "problem" (if it can be called like that).

NOT A PEEP!

This is mostly what I get as a response to a blog I write (spregovori - Spregovori) it is not in english but even to someone that does not speak english the content (point) should be "obvious".

You wrote something that they KNOW is true...that they KNOW is happening... They KNOW IT and they are doing everything they can to IGNORE IT.

You tell someone what he or she is afraid off...you hit them directly in the spot? Well you better "run for your life" because that person will do ANYTHING to prove you wrong (I am talking about face to face communication here).

Real fear is not that of monsters, snakes, spiders, infidelity... Real fear is that which can threaten your view - of how life is. Dare to challange that view in most obvious and understood able manner and you get yourself in trouble!

No they will not run in fear if you tell them ET is coming. (this is just an example..I am not saying ET is bad) They are too ignorant to grasp that. But they WILL defy you if you point at their "savior" and state the obvious (the example in your case).

Like Jung said - people will do ANYTHING no matter how absurd it is, in order to avoid facing themselves...

In most cases the discussions can be endless since they will "troll you to the ground" and when it is over you will lose several hours of your time and they...they will be where they always are and always will be - "lost to the memories"
Old 12-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

stating the obvious is not losing your temper, keeping your temper amongst a bunch of boring people is to lose your sanity.

Last edited by Leunamros; 12-25-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

I do the same thing Fred...not a PEEP

AND

If it's in person, they look at me like I have 2 heads

The best you can hope is there is a small spark that someday will light the fire!!!

GOOD JOB FRED!!!
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
I think I can directly relate to your "problem" (if it can be called like that).

NOT A PEEP!

This is mostly what I get as a response to a blog I write (spregovori - Spregovori) it is not in english but even to someone that does not speak english the content (point) should be "obvious".

You wrote something that they KNOW is true...that they KNOW is happening... They KNOW IT and they are doing everything they can to IGNORE IT.

You tell someone what he or she is afraid off...you hit them directly in the spot? Well you better "run for your life" because that person will do ANYTHING to prove you wrong (I am talking about face to face communication here).

Real fear is not that of monsters, snakes, spiders, infidelity... Real fear is that which can threaten your view - of how life is. Dare to challange that view in most obvious and understood able manner and you get yourself in trouble!

No they will not run in fear if you tell them ET is coming. (this is just an example..I am not saying ET is bad) They are too ignorant to grasp that. But they WILL defy you if you point at their "savior" and state the obvious (the example in your case).

Like Jung said - people will do ANYTHING no matter how absurd it is, in order to avoid facing themselves...

In most cases the discussions can be endless since they will "troll you to the ground" and when it is over you will lose several hours of your time and they...they will be where they always are and always will be - "lost to the memories"
I experience it still.....You shake the very foundations of reality

Not an easy feeling

Like a REALLY hot bath you have to ease into....Peace
Old 12-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
Thank you for this. Gives me something to think about...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

i experience this too with ppl in person ... they look at me like i'm from another world
after i speak my truth it is like they are lost somewhere within the gap of ... 'oh you are out of your mind' and ... 'hey ... but that sounds true ... but it can't be ... can it?' ...
and then ... silence ...

i don't expect anyone to agree with me ... but it is always the same with most i communicate with in person ... that look of wonderment in their faces ... it is like they are picking up on something familiar and yet ... it is not what they have been ingrained to believe ...

the silence ... perhaps is the space in which ppl FEEL what is spoken resonates with them but ... the uncertainty to not go with it ... remaining within limitations ... yet feeling within ... truth to it ...

kind of like 'should i or shouldn't i' ... go there ... oooh ... the place of truth can be very very scary for some ...

you only spoke your truth fredkc ... truth in this case being the facts ... how to argue with that ... when it is conveyed from your heart ...

the silence ... may be of benefit ... ppl slowly moving forward ...
perhaps what you wrote they will process ... and it will have led them to their own truth ... and realization ... of what really is ...

losing your temper?
nah ... you just felt the cumulative frustration of the stuckness of many ...
the desire to want to move them along ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post
i experience this too with ppl in person ... they look at me like i'm from another world
after i speak my truth it is like they are lost somewhere within the gap of ... 'oh you are out of your mind' and ... 'hey ... but that sounds true ... but it can't be ... can it?' ...
and then ... silence ...
[Mod shortened quoted part -K]
It is just like trying to explain colors to a blind man...
Utter frustration.

P.S.

go see my signature smiley ... ;-)

Last edited by Karen; 12-25-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Mod shortened quoted part -K
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
the silence ... may be of benefit ... ppl slowly moving forward ...
Hmmmm. Something to hold on to.

Hope.

A reason to hang in there.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
stating the obvious is not losing your temper, keeping your temper amongst a bunch of boring people is to lose your sanity.
Thank you!!

I was beginning to think StarGazer and I were the only ones with two heads...

Old 12-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Right on Fred

I think I lost it last night on one of the post. Its frustrating as heck to be quiet while you feel like screaming. I'm suppose to not feel anger and its so very very hard

Relax guys!!!

We still kidnap and torture people world wide in the name of freedom.

We still murder women and children via remote control 1/2 a world away, then do the same with those who show up for the funerals.

We still have govt employees going thru your phone conversations, emails, text messages, and yes, even your sock drawer without a warrant!

Our govt can still arrest you for no reason whatsoever, and just tuck you away.

We're still going bankrupt at the same speed, it's just that someone else has the credit card, this week.

It's the same Fascist government everyone cheered for the last 8 years... it just took on a few tricks to keep a diff 1/2 of the country quiet, is all. Like it or not, there are 2 herds of sheep, in this country. Both must occasionally be served, or they get grumpy.

This what brings us to year 9 of the Bush/Obama era.

Come on! Embrace the Change!!
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
Scarab
Banned

Not feeling anger is like not feeling the Sun on your face. It's un-natural.

I think it's a matter of how you control yourself while you're angry, what you do about it and how the people you love understand and deal with it.

I get ****** off all the time. I don't beat the neighborhood kids or kick puppies when it happens. I vent it, TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM THAT CAUSED IT, and move on without a grudge.

Ever wonder if the ptb have sold the sheep a bill of goods with the whole 'anger suppression' thing? After all, who would the sheep be angry with?

Last edited by Scarab; 12-25-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #13
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Right off the bat, reading the first post, I noted (hence this post) that the word "damned" is not censored... but the word **** is... <that's the Pee-pee word as it truly is (P*ss)... and I'll be surprised if, when I hit "send", it appears in tact..... hmm... wtf, over?
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

XO
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #15
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

fredk,
We're only human, i have lost my temper 10 times today with the kids, but i love them anyway. I went bananas here yesterday because some idiot put up a thread wishing all US military types a happy xmax.
There is nothing wrong with challenging hypocrites, more people should do it,
one love, people get ready...
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Hey Feardia;

I regret I am unable to respond with my fav pic of me at the helm of my Cat 22.

I wish everyone could experience the completely de-stressing event which overtakes you once you realize that all there is, is a full sail, and hull speed, and that all your pushing, and hurry won't change a thing. My God, it replaces years of meditation, in an instant!

I find myself extremely mixed over our troops.
One the one hand, I respect their keeping to an oath as serious as their lives.
One the other, they are currently so lied to, and ill-used... they have no damned business being in 90% of the places they find themselves on this day.

We can do better. They pay the price. That troubles me deeply.

Fred

Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

You know I just got back from sitting around with my inlaws and talking about Bildeberg....911....world industrial war machine

AND

Yes folks I DON'T have 2 heads....we all agreed!!!

Maybe the information field is changing....time for change is NOW...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Old 12-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #18
Panta rhei
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
and then ... silence ...

i don't expect anyone to agree with me ... but it is always the same with most i communicate with in person ... that look of wonderment in their faces ...

Where is the 2 headed smiley? Haha I can so relate, people tend to look at me the same way lol....

I remember one situation someone looking at me as if I was an alien or something,
I was sooooo tempted to say something like:

Booooo! In fact I am an incarnated alien, take this!

But I didn't do it maybe I should have,
am still wondering what his face would have looked like.
Panta rhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:01 AM   #19
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Fredkc,

You spent 8 years at a forum like that filled mostly with neocons...

And you're just getting angry now?!

I envy your self discipline, I couldn't have been so patient with a bunch like that.

Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote