Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #51
telefrog

Default Re: What to do With the U.S. Dollar?

Keep in mind you don't have to buy a full ounce of gold. I've got good bit saved, 50% in silver, 50% in gold. I prefer the American Eagle gold coins. You can buy them in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, and 1 oz. My thought is that this would make it a little easier to "make change", plus having a good stock of 1 oz silver coins should work for the smaller stuff. Carrying around a backpack full of silver doesn't make running for the hills as easy!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #52
Stayin' Alive
Avalon Senior Member

Top Gear. What are your thoughts about the different options that a person has if they currently have an IRA invested completley in Gold coins that are being stored by a financial institution? The person could take delivery on the coins, but pay a big penalty for early withdrawal. The person could leave the IRA alone, hoping that the financial system won't really collapse or that they would still be able to get delivery on the coins once it became completely obvious that things were collapsing. Do you know of any other options? What do think the odds are that the economy will start to collapse very soon and that the government finances will even collapse next year? What do you think of what is being said in the following link?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVAAWbTcGMA
Stayin' Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #53
troopgear
Banned

Tell you what, I will send you a PM sometime tonight....

Best Regards
troopgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #54
Ailith
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: What to do With the U.S. Dollar?

This is the truth...the only things you will need in the coming days is Food, Water and Toilet Paper...and that's the truth. So, if you happen to have any disposable money at all, go and get this stuff...'cause nothing will matter when you are hungry but food and water. Believe me if I had any money at all I would be at the store filling my cart with beautiful food to fill my pantry at home.
Ailith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #55
Kris Riley
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailith View Post
This is the truth...the only things you will need in the coming days is Food, Water and Toilet Paper...and that's the truth. So, if you happen to have any disposable money at all, go and get this stuff...'cause nothing will matter when you are hungry but food and water. Believe me if I had any money at all I would be at the store filling my cart with beautiful food to fill my pantry at home.
I would guess since you live in a tropical climate that there could be some good gardening taking place. Are you involved in growing your own food? I know that if you live in a city it is most difficult. It would be good to get to know some people who have the knowledge or land and maybe offer something in trade for the harvests. I hope the best for you and many blessings.
Kris Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #56
Ailith
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: What to do With the U.S. Dollar?

There probably will be enough food here ...I grow aloe...and we have a breadfruit tree...there is lots of food growing all arouund us ...yes we in Puerto Rico are blessed, Grasias. Still spend those dollars on food...and perhaps things for survival. May the blessings be.
Ailith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 AM   #57
Michael
Avalon Senior Member

I only keep enough money in the bank to pay my monthly bills. The rest is split into thirds: 1/3 is pre 1933 1 oz. gold coins (can't be confiscated), 1/3 is 1 oz. Maple Leaf gold coins and the last 1/3 is silver coins. Buying lots of silver just seems too impractical due to the weight. I'm thinking about getting smaller denominations of the the gold coins to make getting "change" in a barter situation less of a problem. (The smaller denominations do cost a little more.) I also bought a Berkey water filter, an emergency survival pack (fire starter, knives, shovel, compass, tent, etc.), and I'm in the process of getting seeds, canned goods and a gun. I hate guns, but not quite as much as I'd hate for someone to try and take my stuff.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:36 AM   #58
Michael
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Riley View Post
Great advice everyone. Does anyone have any experience with Blanchard?
Blanchard gets a lower rating at the Better Business Bureau than these; USAGOLD, Amerigold, Certified Gold Exchange. I've used all three; they all get an A+ rating from the BBB.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #59
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

Screw Gold get food and water ^_^
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:15 AM   #60
JSErwine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4Life View Post
Screw Gold get food and water ^_^
Doing both are probably the best idea
JSErwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #61
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

coins vs bars

honestly unless it gets to mad max proportions and even if it does im assuming that an ounce is an ounce and people will be watching the news as to how much an ounce of silver or gold is worth and im sure there will be some system in place for people with pre 1964 quarters dimes etc.

if i have an ounce of pure silver in coin form and its gone up to $1000 bucks people will be so tuned into what that is worth i doubt theyll say "no sorry man that not as easy to cut" people will be busting out weigh machines and ways to tell if something is actually silver or gold.

gold is gold silver is silver. people will be melting down their silverware if its actually silver. im curious to see what happens to silver since technically its more rare than gold these days since so much is used in electronics and in an industrial capacity, could it surpass gold? probably not but its possible.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #62
redwoman

Hi, I'm interested in any advice you have about what to do with IRA/401K investments in dollars in funds and bonds held in accounts run by fund or insurance companies (think Fidelity, Oppenheimer, Ameriprise) rather than conventional banks. Also, can you elaborate on the basis of your experience? I'm very curious; sounds lengthy. In the black hole of decent financial advice from conventional sources, I'm tempted to take advice from strangers. Tell me why I should from you.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #63
troopgear
Banned

So, you have address that to me, just got your PM,.....
Not really in the mood today, and it looks like your a blank slate on any info.
So you just joined, Now....don't mean to make waves..... but this does
sound like a bate trailer by the S.E.C...... So, If you want to know, PM
my with your personal E-mail address..... and I will help you... on advice....
Just want to see if your real.... and yes I will have question first for you......

Best Regards and have a good Day!!!!

Last edited by troopgear; 09-16-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #64
kopenhagen
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telefrog View Post
Keep in mind you don't have to buy a full ounce of gold. I've got good bit saved, 50% in silver, 50% in gold. I prefer the American Eagle gold coins.:
may I ask, it maybe stupid question, how do you buy gold?
you go to the local jewellery? or where?
kopenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #65
troopgear
Banned

www.kitco.com
Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #66
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopenhagen View Post
may I ask, it maybe stupid question, how do you buy gold?
you go to the local jewellery? or where?
http://www.amerigold.com/buy_precious_metals/

How do I buy precious metals from AmeriGold?

Buying precious metals is easy. When you have decided to make a purchase, just follow these simple steps.

Call AmeriGold at (800) 574-0047 and ask for our current quote, or selling price on the item (s) you wish to purchase. Quoted prices include registered, insured delivery to your door or place of storage.

If you like the price, tell our representative to “Lock in” your transaction, and AmeriGold will cover your order in the market. Once you lock in the price, you will receive a trade number.

Send in your payment to AmeriGold within 48 hours by one of the following methods:

Overnight a personal or bank check
Wire transfer. Please call for instructions
Personal check via Internet using PayByCheck.com (fast, easy and secure)
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #67
bodzoyfa
Avalon Senior Member

troopgear, are you a troller or a legitimate avalon member? you seem like you get into spats with everyone you talk with. be a part of the solution, not the problem. you seemed stressed out and very unsure because why else would you be so angry towards everyone? when your card gets pulled you might just miss it because you're too busy telling everyone what an expert you are. no need to respond, i have an idea of how it will go...
bodzoyfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #68
troopgear
Banned

You know, I have already meet a lot of good people here.... That are pure,
truthfull, and have peace with mind and body.... Now, There are
a lot that just talk out there ass.... They search for so called "neg.
energy" and attack....... But wait..... they believe in enlightenment and
preach goodness.... I.E. above remark....

But sadly.... these are also the one that break every rule in the bible...
then ask for forgiveness, These people never practice what they preach...

Catch-up "it be over" DUDE!!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:05 AM   #69
Truth voice 2012
Avalon Senior Member

Im with Bodzoyfa on this one. Money is the mark of the beast who is at the top of the pyramid. I dont know what a bar of gold will do when nobody has any food. Its gonna be utter chaos people. Money wont mean ****. Besides we'll come out of this apocalypse and start this whole money thing again and then the ******* in the underground bases will creep their way back into society again with all their stored trillions of dollars in gold and slowly buy everything on the planet again and in 6000 thousand years or however long well end up right back here where we started all over again.

Anyone remenber the layers of glass a few feet down in the ground in Scotland, Lybia and Egypt? Also trace elements of radioactive material found in these area's. Many anicent texts refer to a "war of the gods" back then too. To me this looks like evidence of a previous nuclear holocost.

Whats happening now I believe has happened at least once before. We need to break the spell of money completely in order to break draconian law and rule over this planet. Ive seen too many testimonies and reports that suggest a possible higher dimensional reptilian race in control of this planet. I have a strong suspicion that this could be true although I have not seen direct evidence of this. Whatever is true all this must stop here.

I have been so conditioned that I can not even imagine how a society could work without money but I know in my heart that this is what we need to focus on. A structure that works to better itself with each generation (not dumb the next generation down), with the search for all knowlage and truth at the core of it. If theres no money, then no one can be bought.

This post has been moderated because inappropriate language has been used.

Last edited by QtesUKStoke; 09-17-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: language
Truth voice 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 AM   #70
Northboy
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting thread, but if I may, I'm going to try a notion on you:

What to do with the UD Dollar?

I read this question, what to do with the geopositioning and strategy to ensure dollar stability. (I hate waste)

Consider this possibility: the United States, as a manifestation of consensus thought, is working its way through the Prodigal Son Parable. (if there any government types monitoring this site, you may want to take note of this post)

Why do I say this?

Oldest Son (the US in this case) asks Father (Britain) for its inheritance and independence. Check

Oldest Son squanders inheritance. Check

Oldest Son has to work as a servant to others. not check yet but working on it.

Now consider this reconcilition

Oldest Son says if I've got to be a servant, I might as well be a servant for my Father.

This would play out on the landscape as the US and its younger brother Canada, along with Britain set about developing the commonwealth into a sustainable economic zone.

Before you laugh out loud, consider the positioning, resources and systems in the collective group of countries.

The US would take a dip. sure, but would bounce back stronger than ever economically. As the banking and legal systems are easily understood in this block, transition would take place quickly.

Consider this notion and please lets discuss.
Northboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #71
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

If there is a meltdown, I do not think we will bottom out immediately. I think it will happen in stages. For a while, the dollar will have value, then it will collapse and gold and silver will have value, and if it gets really bad, then food and pharmisuticals will have value. gold and silver will get you in a position to situate yourself for the last phase of the meltdown. if it doesn't happen, just cash in your gold & silver. if you buy carrots, they will spoil and if nothing happens, you will have spoiled carrots. gold & silver will be a means to an end.

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #72
arcora
Banned

I am investing in:

Fuel.

A generator.

A freezer full of food.

A garden.

A well.

I expect my investments to pay off quite well in the future.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #73
currybai

Okay I am new to the whole precious metal thing, and I am also very young. I want to buy 10k worth of preferably silver coins/bars. I went to Apmex.com and saw that they have silver american eagle n silver canadian coins that has 1oz of pure silver in them and selling them for like $30 dollars, and the current price is around 12. So why is there a $20 premium?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #74
Pinktip
Avalon Senior Member

Premium over spot price? Because your purchasing Physical gold.

Try Ebay...........Seriously.........
Pinktip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #75
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayin' Alive View Post
Top Gear. What are your thoughts about the different options that a person has if they currently have an IRA invested completley in Gold coins that are being stored by a financial institution? The person could take delivery on the coins, but pay a big penalty for early withdrawal. The person could leave the IRA alone, hoping that the financial system won't really collapse or that they would still be able to get delivery on the coins once it became completely obvious that things were collapsing. Do you know of any other options? What do think the odds are that the economy will start to collapse very soon and that the government finances will even collapse next year? What do you think of what is being said in the following link?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVAAWbTcGMA

I researched the information and found no credence to what is said was discussed at that meeting. Everyone broadcasting this is quoting an australian newspaper "Australia.TO" on the web. They did have an article about the secret session on March 25, however they state in the article that (they previously stated the term conspiracy theorists are speculating as to what was actually discussed) "theorists state that ....... (each point that was brought up)"

In other words this newspaper made a statement about what some un-named conspiracy theorist said was talked about. Every one else then picks up on it and says that it was reported in the Australian newspaper and there you have it.....just BS. There were no names, no sources, no names of any congressmen that came forward and before you know it, this is passed around as truth.

This is why I started looking in project camelot because they do remarkable research and not the same old crap that you find elsewhere.

As a CPA and a securities broker, I will be more than happy to give others my viewpoints on the economy by emailing me at tomjeffers@verizon.net.

Namaste
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote