Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #26
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (May23/24)

It was a beautiful day to get together, Cyberbird.

It was good to meet all the people, including ones for the first time. Cosmic Dancer, if you have any questions after you digest the information, just let me know.

Anyone that took pictures and want it posted, just send me the pictures.

/NS
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #27
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Smile Re: Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (May23/24)

Northern Sanctuary, Thank you again for the tour. It was a beautiful day despite the black fly population

I did stop on the way out and go for a short walk to get a "feel" of the area and to find out what would be the most important first step in achieving a harmony with the land. Much of the Laurentiens have been raped by developers and mining companies over the last hundred or so years and in many places I have been to the land has a negative feel. Although much of your terrain is pristine there are pockets of negativity that can be cured. The black fly problem would be eased as well. For our next gathering may I suggest a clean up of the land, particularly where it has been disturbed by human action. there are many trees and shrubs that have been cut down and left to rot, this is a significant issue. Imagine trying to exist in a area where there are corpses lying around. You would survive but how would you feel? With the group we had yesterday we could probably accomplish this over a weekend culminating in a massive bonfire once its all picked up.
I guarantee you will feel the land smile. and in return it will provide for your needs with clean water and fertile soil.
Any developments in the future should be done with the land's well being in mind. Cut only what needs to be cut. Either reuse the wood or burn it but nothing should be left to rot in the open air.

As I mentioned yesterday. I have experience in many areas and will happily help build this community. just say when

By the way, there is a large lake about 800m due east of your house. is that on your land as well?

Topographical map of the area is posted here

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon

Last edited by GaiaLove; 05-25-2009 at 03:04 PM.
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #28
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi GaiaLove,

Now that you mentioned it, there is tree debris in some areas from previous cuttings. Maybe July is a good time, when the fly problem goes away (the raspberry season is towards the end of July).

There is a big lake, I believe over the mountain. It's outside my land, but I think I get a stream connected to it.

We can talk some more at the next meeting.

/NS
Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #29
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a picture of the plateau area that is a possible site for the community center (near the big tree on the right) taken by ovsalf:

Old 05-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #30
CosmicJobFocus
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All,

Thanks NorthernSantuary for this wonderful visit of the land. What a beautiful day we have. It was very good to see the land, so now it is easier to visualize the community center and see myself being part of it and contributing to the community.

This could rely become a spiritual energy magnet center.

Also congratulation on your Restaurant's choice, it was very good and it was a good place for all the people to know each others better.

Looking for the next meeting.
CosmicJobFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #31
CosmicJobFocus
Avalon Senior Member

Hi NorthernSanctuary,

Here's a picture of the plateau area that is a possible site for the community center (near the big tree on the right) taken by ovsalf:

You mean below the UFO
CosmicJobFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #32
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

You mean below the UFO

You have to scroll right to see the tree.., but maybe the area below the UFO cloud is better

Here's some info on black fly control that I found interesting considering that they were such a nuisance:

Natural Black Fly Control

Partial damming of small streams and creeks is a somewhat new technique for getting rid of black flies. Black fly larvae require moving water to survive. Stopping the flow of water with a temporary dam will deprive many black fly larvae of a suitable habitat and prevent them from maturing into adult black flies. Timing here is critical, and it should be done about two weeks before the black fly population usually reaches its peak. Talk to your local conservation office to find out if it’s legal for you to dam the stream/creek in question, and ask them when the black fly population is highest in your area.

You might also get rid of black flies by clearing brush and debris from a nearby stream. Black fly larvae not only require moving water, but they also require objects in the water to attach themselves to. They do this so that they can filter nutrients from the water that passes by. If you couple a temporary dam with debris removal, you may end up sparing yourself an arduous summer of tucking in socks and spraying yourselves down with bug spray in the mornings and afternoons. However, this technique can also be an effective stand-alone population reducer. Timing is less of an issue if you’re considering trying this black fly control strategy.