Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Corporations are not Human Beings!

Last weeks decision handed down by the Supreme Court to give corporations the same status as people has far reaching consequences basically designed to destroy whats left of democracy in America. We need to make this video go viral so people understand what's been done and encourage everyone to contact our Representatives in Washington and let them know we aren't going to stand for corruption in leadership any more we've had it!!

The rabid right has gone too far this time, this is the most UN-American thing committed by an UN-democratic, outdated institution. The Justices have obviously been bought and sold so this decision needs to be overturned immediately!! Justice Roberts and Ilito lied during their confirmation hearing when they promised not to overturn precedent or rule from the bench so we need to hold their feet to the fire and make them accountable.

This is a must see Special Report by Keith Olbermann who does an award winning job at outlining the serious consequences of this draconian decision handed down by the lands draco highest court last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkbMM7bki88
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Corporations are not Human Beings!

"Can be bought or sold"

Who is the slave now?? Politicians? EveryOne?

ps: i watched most of the part 1 video, but this Keith Olbermann guy...ok i do not watch much tv, but he is quite the fear mongerer!!

Last edited by Céline; 01-26-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

The way I see it is this...

What They're actually doing is going after the definition of "Sovereign". By giving it to a Corporation - It'll mean that when People (Natural Persons that is) claim "Sovereignty" - They'll be viewed the same as Corporations and Vice Versa.

The Crux here is that if successful - There will be no way remaining in this Paradigm/Reality to claim Personal Rights or Rights attributed to a Natural Person that have any Value to Us as Sovereigns. With Corporations having the same Rights - They'll make sure those Rights dissappear or are changed to Their satisfaction so that when You claim Sovereignty - It'll mean nothing other than just another name for Slave...

LOL - You gotta hand it to 'Em sometimes. They're a Tricky Bunch with all of the Sophistries They dream up...

Ei Yei Yei...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
It'll mean nothing other than just another name for Slave...
How...evil of them...( i do not use the word evil lightly)

Sovereignty = Slave...

Mind you there is an argument for freedom within submission...i doubt that perspective will be valid here.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

you prob seen this already but the documentary 'the corporation' goes into this very well. as i recall, corporations have long been given 'human' status and that has indeed been a major problem for many years. its on google vid i believe.
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for sharing this.
JudgeMental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #8
Roman195
Avalon Senior Member

Sad very sad..What are we going to tell the children? Your not Human just a corporation. How do you get off this ride? It's their soup and they are going to have to taste it sooner or later.

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.....W.C. Fields

In Peace,
Roman
Roman195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Congresswoman Donna Edwards Introduces Constitutional Amendment to Undo SCOTUS Ruling
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #10
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

We can only hope that this decision is somehow overturned...since it happened some state legislatures have been very upset because this undoes much work that's been done to control political corruption by limiting the role corporations in financing campaigns. And I must commend Obama for calling out the Supreme Court in public during his state of the Union address...couldn't believe that elitist Ilito had the audacity to mouth off when they are supposed to sit there like statues without comment or partisanship.

If the decision doesn't get overturned the political climate will only get more repressive as democracy takes its final breath and voting becomes no more than a symbolic gesture to make us "feel" like we are choosing the candidates. Now politicians are bought and sold by the highest corporate bidder who wants to exercise control over the masses, by dictating policy through office holders that they bought with campaign funding.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #11
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Well then... let's form a corporation of "We the Individuals" of the US, and overturn/remove/run out of town, the current individuals running OUR government and then restore order back to what WE want!!!

Of course we are a country/republic ruled by civil rights for individuals and only corporations are bound by 'Rule of Law,' so let's rule of law corporations right outta here once and for all!!!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
Well then... let's form a corporation of "We the Individuals" of the US, and overturn/remove/run out of town, the current individuals running OUR government and then restore order back to what WE want!!!

Of course we are a country/republic ruled by civil rights for individuals and only corporations are bound by 'Rule of Law,' so let's rule of law corporations right outta here once and for all!!!
I think your onto something....none of the political parties are producing squat as far as people of integrity and vision from a progressive perspective. Democrats and Republicans are just two heads on the same monster and the so-called Tea Party movement is sponsored by the same corporate right wing neocons that plague the Republican party. One of the huge problems is the aggressive nature of the conservative movement, they are venomous snakes that will resort to ANYTHING to retain power and are spending billions of dollars to drown out the progressive voice.

70% of the people want healthcare...but somehow the other 30% yelled loud enough, or lied loud enough for long enough that many people believe most of the country was against it - even if they themselves wanted it!

Until our side has the money for marketing, advertising our message in all levels of media and has billions to buy off politicians who will speak our message...then we can BUY our power back, and that takes the power of a corporation.

We're already living in a fascist corporate state...the Supreme Court just mandated fascism and unless the decision is overturned, the only way we will be able to change the tide is to rise up in the political ranks with corporate money to form our own party. Unfortunately people of a progressive nature are the types to be running corporations and usually have less aggressive, hostile dispositions. In addition they operate with integrity and won't lie, cheat and embezzle their way to the top...as is the corrupt nature of the corporate world.

Although it is rumored that the meek shall inherit the Earth, so maybe there's hope after all

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 02-03-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #13
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps the Supreme Court Justices just screwed the pooch...

330 million individual Americans can file for a corporation status with the name of the corporation being your full name in all capital letters and receive an FEIN, then go to your local county court house and file a D.B.A. of your full name in all capital letters under your SS #.

'JOHN Q PUBLIC' corporation owned by that individual w/ new FEIN;
'JOHN Q PUBLIC' corporation files D.B.A. as 'JOHN Q PUBLIC'. And a second D.B.A.
'JOHN Q PUBLIC' just as a sole proprietor w/ your SS #.

'JOHN Q PUBLIC' as an individually owned corporate business can do whatever the hell individually, corporately, and business wise it wants with all rights civil and/or lawful in any situation.

That'll really screw up the screwed up tax system and the Cray computers trying to keep track of it all.

The IRS will now have to redefine several different ambiguous terms which will result in total computer confusion.

An individual, a business, and a corporation... hey why not start your own charity too in the same name and provide educational classes to the local community for donations.

Our DL and SS card already has our name in caps on it so now it belongs to me!!!!!

Charge a fee to the government to use your name on their documents without your permission. TM

Oh the mess in the sandbox!!!

Last edited by Christo888; 02-03-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
Callidon
Avalon Senior Member

I think you've ll missed a trick here.

If corporations will be given the same rights as humans, then certain rules about certain things will then not apply to them anymore.

The main one i'm thinking about is a small matter of presidency/premiership. If the corporation has human status, then it has the right to run for office.

Maybe this is the final chess peice the "******" need to make their grab for power, a corporation legally incharge, one they all own a stake in, one that they can assert their control through, the world bank or federal reserve for example.

May be wrong, may even be a little further over my personal line of what i believe is in the realm of sane possibility, but still, its an interesting point to ponder, and purely for arguements sake, even if you think i'm mental for thinking it, i only half believe its possible, but just imagine that i'm right.............
Callidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #15
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidon View Post
I think you've ll missed a trick here.

If corporations will be given the same rights as humans, then certain rules about certain things will then not apply to them anymore.

The main one i'm thinking about is a small matter of presidency/premiership. If the corporation has human status, then it has the right to run for office.

Maybe this is the final chess peice the "******" need to make their grab for power, a corporation legally incharge, one they all own a stake in, one that they can assert their control through, the world bank or federal reserve for example.

May be wrong, may even be a little further over my personal line of what i believe is in the realm of sane possibility, but still, its an interesting point to ponder, and purely for arguements sake, even if you think i'm mental for thinking it, i only half believe its possible, but just imagine that i'm right.............
I think you are 100% correct!

Where thinking goes actions follow.

No wonder they had to build underground bases... to run away too from the storms of humanity when they wake up!

OK everybody wake up!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #16
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

The moment everyone starts accepting this as just another thing "they" are doing which is beyond our control is the moment that were helping bring it into reality.

These guys have no right to do this, and it is certainly not in our best interests to sit back and act like they do.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #17
JoshERTW
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthetable View Post
you prob seen this already but the documentary 'the corporation' goes into this very well. as i recall, corporations have long been given 'human' status and that has indeed been a major problem for many years. its on google vid i believe.
Yes, when the concept of Corporations was first put into law, they were assumed to have the rights of a person. The movie the Corporation is a must watch for everyone IMO. They give the "corporation"as a person a psychiatric assessment throughout the movie and it fits all the criteria for a psychopath. Hope I didn't ruin it for anyone
JoshERTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #18
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=JoshERTW;234090The movie the Corporation is a must watch for everyone IMO. They give the "corporation"as a person a psychiatric assessment throughout the movie and it fits all [/QUOTE]

I agree, The Corporation is a must see for everyone, especially after this ruling.

Tags
ilito, justice roberts, supreme court