Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default The window of escape for smart people?

I've read some people who've ditched their normal lives, emptied their bank accounts, converted most of their money into survival gear and leaped into the great unknown. The great unknown is always in a some remote rural location.

I salute these people for their bravery. And if major manure hits the fan, these people will then be far from the window of escape, busily rebuilding their lives. But if we continue to stumble along without major catastrophe, some of these early escapees might begin to regret giving up the comfortable life.

So the challenge, in my opinion, is knowing when to open the window of escape. Too early, and you could end up feeling stupid if nothing really big and nasty happens. Too late, and you could end up in a nightmare from which there is no escape.

At this point, I've got $1000 out of the bank, and food and water for a month.

If things worsen, I'll commit more income to preparation. But if something powerful happens, something so clearly unusual that it will be impossible to deny that it's time to get out of town, how long will the window of escape be open? Days, a day, hours, minutes? Or will it already be too late?

Please don't place this question in the context of negativity and gloom.

I just want to act quickly and smartly if things ever quickly spin out of control.

Last edited by droid56; 10-10-2008 at 12:08 AM.
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
bluestix
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The window of escape for smart people?

The window is closed already.

It was open for the last few years but its basically too late now.

All we can do now is hold on to our seats and enjoy the ride.
bluestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #3
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

ive been counting on some small window myself, clearly the predicted crash is happening, im just wondering at what point do i tell my roomates that im moving out and back to the small town im from.

i feel like im waiting for that big big drop where my friends lose their jobs and there are runs on banks and people rush out to the supermarket to store up.

im hoping at that point there will be at least a week of scrambling where the infastructure is intact and i can take a plane home.

NYC is not where you wanna be when theres chaos.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Is the window double or single glazed?
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #5
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

you are in Western Canada and don't have to go far to slip into the woods...

You have a little more time than some...

I don't think troops will be stopping anyone from leaving an area of civil disorder... Well, unless your back seat is filled with guns...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

This topic something I've considered for quite some time. I've enlisted divination, introspection, concentration, conversion, books, videos, resources, and pretty much every piece of info. gathering and processing faculty at my disposal to try and gain insight into this...

The question: "To leave our comfortable consumer-based lives, venture into the "unknown" -- ?"

For the sake of the times, for the sake of starting anew, for the sake of clean water and fresh air, for the sake of a challenge, for the sake of nature, peace and abundance through nature, for the sake of evolution and personal power -- my answer is YES.

There are those that will cling onto the shore until the current becomes unbearable - and fight change until change takes them over. And there will be those who see the inevitable "end" of our current lifestyles and choose to recreate life on their own terms.

Simply, we were born into a system pre-designed. A system of dept, slavery, poverty, mediocrity. "Goto school, goto college, get a good job so you can serve society. Pay your taxes and be a good man/woman." These were our mantras. And if we choose to question authority, or not-obey, the fear tactics and psy-ops are also pre-designed into the system.

Our education system is manipulated. The periodic table of elements keeps changing, and they are rewriting our history books. Any 10th grade science book will tell you the center of the earth a huge piece of Iron, surrounded by Molten lava, and that the sun is a big burning ball of gas. =) It's simply not true...

So what does this have to do with your question: should we BUG out and go live in the woods?

Well, once a rat realized he's in a maze ~ what should he do? Complete the maze? Not me. I'm the kind of rat, that when he looks up and see's he's being watched, jumps the walls of the maze and escapes the laboratory. And the other rats still stuck in their maze envy me ~ if only they could do the same, yet they keep running the maze paralyzed by fear.

You want to escape this sinking ship - and climb the walls of the maze? Start with your ideal. Write down what you ideal scenario is.

My most immediate ideal goes something like this: To be living out these "end times" on my self-sufficient 30 acre ranch, off-the grid, abundant, peaceful and spiritually endowed.

To me it's not so much of escaping from this world, as it is disappearing from it....

AND SO as nature sheds it' leaves this season, I will shed my government given number and identity. I will shed my pride, ambition and society based illusions. I will put down my old government-issued garment... ...and put on a new one created by yours truly.

May you too weave your ideal into reality,
Adam K.

Last edited by ADAM KADMON; 10-10-2008 at 12:00 AM.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
Too early, and you could end up in a nightmare from which there is no escape.
In speaking as you have done here - you have already placed yourself in that nightmare.

Hear this not as a criticism, my intention is to trigger you to step back and reconnect.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #8
unloadedgunn
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Droid...

I am planning to sell my home and move to the woods soon myself. I don't think it matters what your living arrangement, I think it prudent to get back to basics ASAP. WE all know a few things to be truths (OK maybe not all)

1. The entire banking financial structure of the planet is built upon lack, need, etc. and is built to fail. Everyone at the top knows this and they are juust waiting in the wings to own everything...seems 90 plus% of the worlds wealth is not enough for these people!

2. There are no inalienable rights anymore. People are crying in their cheerios about the Constitution because it has been systematically denuded, BUT you are not a party to anyway! Look it up. Unless you (and I for that matter) go through the legal steps to become a "sovereign on the land" we have NO rights, period. We are in essence servants to the to the same a$$holes that want to foreclose on our homes.

3. The country which was founded as a Constitutional Republic has been morphed into a Democracy before our very eyes, and nobody asked for our vote or approval. And regardless what you call this system, it is BROKEN. We have had our last 2 elections stolen, and the same folks mentioned in #1 and 2 are really running the show. There is no left, no right, no conservative, no liberal, no democrat or republican...it is all a sham!

4. These same folks (see above) are busy building underground bases and stocking them with fine china, furniture, and caviar (true) so they and THEIR loved ones can ride out the storm. Not only are they NOT reserving spots for us, they are not even telling us about these bases!!!

5. Do I need to go on? Just get out of this evil, corrupt, usury, dirty system which is just a shallow facade. Do not validate it by being a part of it anymore.

6. Please forgive my rant...I am just passionate about this *****.

Peace Out
unloadedgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #9
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

There is a big hole in the TITANIC. But to the wise man all things bitter taste sweet.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #10
Pithiny
Project Avalon Researcher

Quote:
..."emptied their bank accounts, converted most of their money into survival gear..."
I'm as close to riding the fence as possible.

I have not dumped my life, I have prepared within it for 3 outcomes:

1) Everything stays the same:Wow, I am stocked for food for the next 9-12 months or so. I have just enough money in cash left to make my car/insurance payment. Rent is paid, all utilities current. I have no other bills....I still have my job and am throwing about $400/$500.00 per month at preparing for.........whatever. I am letting my intuition guide me.

2) The SHTF quickly, not much of a window of time: I am prepared via a Bug-Out-Bag of 2-3 months worth of supplies set aside that will fit in my car. Hit the road quickly, beat the rush to get out of town if necessary. 3 tanks of gas stored, portable power, food, water, tents, walkie talkies, etc. I can hide, but not for the long term. This one gave me some peace of mind.

3) Some Other Scenario: stay in town, my mission is to help others. I have a LOT of extra food, water, etc in case of rationing in town, and GOOD INFORMATION for people that are awakening confused and scared.

Couple days ago I bought one of these for my laptop, to be sure I can get news in case of a power outage:

xPower 1500: http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/63/p/1/pt/10/product.asp
Runs a laptop and modem for 24 hours. Recharges in your car (or standard AC)

I have no idea what to plan for so I am trying to cover all bases to some degree. - I am hoping for Shellie's ideal outcome:

..."You might find out that if you can be off the grid "enough" in the city/burbs, you might just find a way to hunker down and not have to leave at all..."

~~Pithiny

Last edited by Pithiny; 10-10-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Pithiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #11
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 11-01-2008 at 04:48 AM.
broken arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #12
msv
Avalon Senior Member

I read something many years ago that really stuck with me when most doesn't. The time will come when those STS go underground to save themselves leaving the rest of us on the surface to fend for ourselves. Years(?) go by and when the STS decide to come out, they find a very functional world, since those left on the surface mitigated any catastrophe and rebuilt society as it should be. They are powerless to have any influence anymore. I really like this vision of our future, but I have thought I might want to seal up the exits to the underground bases? : ) Anyway in this vision, not much ends up happening. Don't have a clue where it came from....RA? Anyone else read anything like this?
msv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #13
Racsouran
Banned

im aint gonna do anything till im forced to do so due to circumstances. So now everything is in calm.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #14
Shellie
Banned

Why does it have to be either/or?

Yeah, it's stupid to quit your job and run out to the middle of nowhere with no plan. But what can we do at the same time?

Can we just have a bug-out place of our own (not on someone else's private property) with our stuff buried and slightly set-up? You don't need to quit your job- just do a little preparation here and there every weekend. For example, if you are doing the teepee thing, collect the poles and have them ready for you at a "campsite" (but don't set up everything.. stay hidden). Learn about the edible foods in your own area. Experiment with alternative solutions to electricity/gas/water in your own home. Grow food on your patio or porch or balcony in trays or pots. The best thing you can do is be independent- you don't need to be in the woods to start learning about how to do it. You might find out that if you can be off the grid "enough" in the city/burbs, you might just find a way to hunker down and not have to leave at all.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #15
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 11-01-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 AM   #16
Wetpicketfence
Avalon Senior Member

Have a balance ,seeing is believing, there must be a balance........

dont believe everything you read...believe me everybody thinks im an idiot......
Wetpicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #17
Theresa
Avalon Senior Member

If I could've pulled it off, I would've headed for the woods a long time ago and opened a holistic healing retreat center. Living that way is what I've always wanted to do anyway! But with two kids in tow and virtually no disposable finances....if I didn't have kids, I would do it from my car, I seriously would not care.

I am clearing my own issues, continuing my soul's growth process, and really trust that I will be guided, as I've really always been...
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 AM   #18
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 11-01-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:11 AM   #19
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

i guess i have ALWAYS been neither here nor there...i have made loads of money and had nice stuff then left the house to intend to go to work...met a long lost friend and went into the woods for however long we felt like staying....then go....

oh welll....that was SUPER fun...i didnt really like that job anyway...it was WAYYYYYYYYYY better communing with nature and being free....

if things get bad like some predict then i know where to go and how to survive...if not i will travel and spread love and joy and keep on going on....
Lunaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #20
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken arrow View Post
the only answer is a paradigm shift. doesn't appear humanity is ready for that. unfortunately, we are not ready. back to the drawing board people.

I really feel your frustration. You speak for many, and you do it well. But I disagree that mankind isn't ready for a paradigm shift. To an extent, it will be thrust on us anyway, and we'll adapt. And many, many of us not only are ready, we're proactively working to set those new paradigms into practice...even this isn't new. So it isn't that we're not ready...we don't know how, and we have few to show the way. Be one, if you can.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:55 AM   #21
Baggywrinkle

This is not about escape. You are not preparing for anything in particular. What you are doing is changing
your perspective and reconnecting with your heritage.

The "deep larder" was common among your great grandparents. Back in the day when home was your
castle and you were beholden to NO ONE

Independence. No one can give it to you
you must take it.

It is known as the law of provident living.

Learn it

Live it

Teach it.

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 10-10-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 AM   #22
Avalon Senior Member

"ordo ab chao. order out of chaos. well, when chaos arises, who do we allow to set-up the order? ourselves? no, we don't. we could. we should but we are divided. windows of opportunity arise only once in a century. do we unite? no, we cower to the power.

they come round and shake us down with their stupid unififorms and gunpowder. now they have the stupid microwave weapons.

where to flee? when to flee? little communities? ya, ok. sorry, that's really laughable. really folks. the military could destroy any little community in the blink of an eye. hell, they could destroy an entire modern city in the blink of an eye, and have.

the only answer is a paradigm shift. doesn't appear humanity is ready for that. unfortunately, we are not ready. back to the drawing board people."
I agree 100% - now what to do specifically? I don't know all the answers but I know a few things that are for me to do and I know a few things not to do.
I had a dream/vision a couple of years ago, I didn't know it wasn't real until I woke up (usually I have a sort of control in my dreams - some may understand). Anyway, I woke up in this dream to the sounds of sirens and loud speaker announcements directing people to in an orderly manner collect what they had of value and importance (identification money valuables meds etc) that they were able to carry in one bag and organize into lines on the side streets along the main st (downtown where I am: Broad st.) There were city buses, police cars and vans, and buses and vans of churches companies etc. and military personel. So my reaction knowing what I know was to get my loved ones and leave the house heading away from the main rds. At this point the vision is more or less area specific until I got away via a river in a very slow inconspicuous way - terrified. Now once outside the city I did meet with others but none of us knew of anyone who was in the city that left - I am sure many do but not many in %.
I didn't know information as far as the lead up to this event. I just woke up there and then so it was terrifying. I found out from a few others I encountered later that FEMA had camps and there had been a series of events and that all the people (including me I assume) had been ordered to stay in their houses under 24hr curfew - there was no power or water and (to my dismay) the water supply, including the river I had just soaked in for over a day, was contaminated (or so it was said) - we were under some type of attack. I tried to explain what I (we here) know about the NWO etc to these people (south of my city in the rual country) and was accused of being a terrorist. They had been warned about people saying what I had said and FEMA was taking every to safe locations with the full force of our military to protect them. I could have died right there of hopelessness, but I didn't and the rest is pretty survival specific to escape/evade/survive of that imediate time. I did find temporary safety as deep as I could get in woodlands.
Now, know what not to do- get on that bus.
Know what to do - survive and help who I can.
I am not a run and hide for LIFE person - to me that life in fear is not worth living, but run and hide to fight another day person I am. I am not waiting until that day to start, I have not let one day go by without doing my best to wage a war against my enemy (not violence but info), get to know them, know their ways/methods, beliefs and launguage. We humans do not have compasion for one another and the instinct to protect and defend one another so that we can run off (cut ourselves off from ourselves) and live a life in hiding and inaction. It won't last long anyway you think they only want the people living in cities? Do you think you will be safe or invisable living in a remote place. One more thing to the people here posting there plans and meeting locations - know their plans, we cannot defeat an enemy while planning retreat as our ultimate course of action.
186282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #23
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
This is not about escape. You are not preparing for anything in particular. What you are doing is changing
your perspective and reconnecting with your heritage.

The "deep larder" was common among your great grandparents. Back in the day when home was your
castle and you were beholden to NO ONE

Independence. No one can give it to you
you must take it.

It is known as the law of provident living.

Learn it

Live it

Teach it.
Brilliant and eloquently put Baggy! I'm getting my 200, 1 liter pickling jar order in tomorrow in anticipation of hungry folks coming by for the next few years. If it all goes even more do-lalley then this messed up world...I'll be putting the young lads to work each day expanding the garden space.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
ditched their normal lives,

I salute these people for their bravery.

Too early, and you could end up feeling stupid

Ive quoted your words which I feel are important that show what mindset you are in. I still have my 'normal' life struggling for myself trying to make some money out of property so im not in the woods prepared to to speak.

Many of these people have not left their normal lives because they are scared of what might happen. Theyve done it for not only a better life but more freedom. The way you talk about it, its as if you think getting away in the hills for a few years to survice while things calm down is a nice survival plan that you can ditch and come back into the 'comfortable' world you have now.

Who would feel stupid? The person who has left their original home, maybe city or suburban, is not relying on supermarkets any more, not paying government taxes, not paying energy companies, not working a 9-5 to pay a mortgage. I guess if nothing happens these people are going to feel stupid. Not at all. These people will feel fantastic that they are closer to nature and look at everyone else as stupid who carry on with their 'comfortable' lives, paying taxes and giving away their liberties and wealth for this 'normal' life.

You have to want to change. If you plan on doing this whole running away from armageddon at the last minute so you can carry on doing what youre doing now for as long as possible then youre going to have problems when the time comes unless you believe leaving the current system is a good. Myself included as my plans are not really that good right now.
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #25
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Listen ground crew i feel that what ever happens if it does we will not be forgotten.
If it was put in plan by us when we entered this world then we would have made provisions for our escape, that stands to reason, no one would endanger themselves, we have the power to get back to our home, but until that time comes we will not understand what has to be done.
Whether it's ascention, time travelling, or changing time lines.
We may even have to move the whole planet out of it's orbit!

I was given a message last evening i had been reading all the stuff on this site and i can tell you i was feeling pretty down.
I called on my contact someone who has been with me for many years now and i was suddenly given a song in my mind.
I asked; "What will happen to me, where will i go?"

The tune played loudly in my head although i had not been thinking of the tune or any other.
I suddenly knew every word. singing it in my mind i sung the message back to myself.
That song was SOMEWHERE! from the movie west side story.
There's a place for us,
Somewhere a place for us,
Peace and quiet and open air,
Wair for us somewhere.
There's a time for us,
Someday a time for us,
time together with time to spare,
Time to look time to care,
Someday.
somewhere, we'll find a new way of living,
we'll find a way of forgiving,
Somewhere.
There's a place for us,
A time and place for us,
Hold my hand and we're half way there,
Hold my hand and i'll take you there,
Somehow, someday, somewhere.
Great words explains everything i wished to know.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote