Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Julius
Avalon Senior Member

Default Canadian Vitamins are now illegal if no sticker..Bill C51 passed!

On my way to work, I heard on the radio that the local Walmart store will be moving/removing all natural health remedies that don;t comply with the new Health Canada regulations. They have a grace period.
All natural health remedies must have a gov't issued license. No license, No selling. (This is on top of the Health Canada product inspections)

And if your caught buying or selling?
Heath Canada will send investigators to your home or business without a warrant, arrest you, sieze your bank accounts, fine you and jail you -all without a jury or going to court, if you have any unauthorized vitamins. A clear violation of your freedom rights.

Watch the video or read the transcript of what Bill C51 is all about.
http://www.aviva.ca/article.asp?articleid=122

I did write to my local member of parliament (or is it parLIEment) about this 4 months ago in hopes we can stop it, but no acknowledgment.

I also see that the US is also proposing the same law.

So a $5 Vitamin C will start costing us $15??
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Nenuphar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Canadian Vitamins are now illegal if no sticker..Bill C51 passed!

Thank you for posting this information, Julius. I had no idea this bill actually passed! I haven't heard it on TV or radio news yet, though I suspect it will be kept fairly quiet for as long as possible.
Nenuphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
On my way to work, I heard on the radio that the local Walmart store will be moving/removing all natural health remedies that don;t comply with the new Health Canada regulations. They have a grace period.
All natural health remedies must have a gov't issued license. No license, No selling. (This is on top of the Health Canada product inspections)

And if your caught buying or selling?
Heath Canada will send investigators to your home or business without a warrant, arrest you, sieze your bank accounts, fine you and jail you -all without a jury or going to court, if you have any unauthorized vitamins. A clear violation of your freedom rights.

Watch the video or read the transcript of what Bill C51 is all about.
http://www.aviva.ca/article.asp?articleid=122

I did write to my local member of parliament (or is it parLIEment) about this 4 months ago in hopes we can stop it, but no acknowledgment.

I also see that the US is also proposing the same law.

So a $5 Vitamin C will start costing us $15??
Self-discovery and self-power is something that really bothers them.
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

How can a bill pass if Parliament is prorogued? There was another thread about it having to do with a regulatory change or something like that.

This whole thing is going down the swirl, isn't it. The new head of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is a Pfizer Nazi.

THE CANADIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION AND PFIZER CANADA COLLABORATE ON FIRST-OF-ITS KIND EDUCATION PROGRAM FOR PHYSICIANS
OTTAWA, ON - December 01, 2009
The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and Pfizer Canada are pleased to announce a collaboration for a new online Continuing Medical Education (CME) program for physicians across the country.
http://www.pfizer.ca/english/newsroo...&releaseID=303

This is the same aspartame Pfizer, Nigerian deaths, lawsuits everywhere Pfizer.

Appointment of Pfizer exec to health funding body criticized
Last Updated: Friday, November 27, 2009 | 5:32 PM ET
[Prominent bioethicists] hope to have their concerns about the three-year appointment of Dr. Bernard Prigent, vice-president and medical director of Pfizer Canada, to the governing council of the CIHR addressed at a parliamentary meeting Monday.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...#ixzz0f9OMzfpP

Last edited by no caste; 02-10-2010 at 04:19 PM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Here's the other thread:

National Post: Canada Moves One Step Closer to Outlawing Natural Health Products
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...light=vitamins
Old 02-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Julius
Avalon Senior Member

Now I'm confused...Radio this a.m. said it passed....I looked it up on the gov't site and all I see is:

The provisions of this Act, other than sections 73 and 74, come into force on a day or days to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.

maybe it's not updated yet??
Old 02-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, this is a weird one and there's more to it I think with the draft of the new DSM-5 [Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders] manual released today, which broadens mental 'diseases' like shyness and sadness, so it can be 'medicated'. I don't know where C-51 is. It got knocked off with the first 2008 prorogue. I assumed it was again. Hmm.

Check this bs -

Bill C-51
Helping thousands suffering from mental illnesses such as Bipolar Disorder, ADD, ADHD, Manic Depression as well as Nutrition Disorder.
www.billc6.com/

New Proposed Changes Posted for Leading Manual of Mental Disorders: Draft Diagnostic Criteria for DSM-5 (Feb. 10, 2010)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0210001247.htm
Old 02-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
Julius
Avalon Senior Member

I found some info that it passed under "The Canadian Organic Regime" sometime ago... eh??

*scratching my head"
Old 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

It's not bill C-51 nor C-6. It's a bill from 2004 saying all NHPs must be licensed to be sold in pharmacies. I think it's the pharmaceutical lobbyists who are pushing this just to spite because all their work on bill C-6 is lost due to the prorogation.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2535804

Quote:
The controversy revolves around Health Canada's natural-health products regime, launched in 2004 to vet treatments that had been virtually unregulated before, in a new system some critics said was still too lax.
As it ploughed through tens of thousands of applications for licences, the department said manufacturers could continue selling their products, so long as they had at least applied for approval.

The department has issued about 18,000 natural-health licences, while
at least 10,000 products are still waiting for certification, industry representatives said. The whole process was supposed to be done by this January.

The natural-food association argues that it makes no sense for the pharmacy regulators to try to block sales of products awaiting licences, when Health Canada itself has said they can be sold pending an approval decision.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/prodn...p-avis-eng.php

Quote:
Some products which had been labelled with Drug Identification Numbers (DINs) will now require Natural Health Product Numbers (NPN #) as of January 1, 2010. In most circumstances, manufacturers will still be able to sell NHPs with non-compliant labelling (still bearing the "DIN") for a period of 6 to 12 months. Provided that no significant risks have been identified, enforcement discretion will be applied so as not to cause a disruption to the market by allowing depletion of product still bearing a DIN.

For the most up to date information on authorized NHPs, Health Canada maintains a publicly-accessible database of all licensed NHPs which is updated daily on its website at : www.healthcanada.gc.ca/lnhpd.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

And the citizens are not going to do anything about that???
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Julius
Avalon Senior Member

metaw3: Thanks for that.
I'll get the radio achieve files tomorrow if I can. I'm now questioning myself if I actually heard them say C-51 or did they just say "a bill was passed..." and I automatically thought it was bill c51..but then again puzzled by the gov't status of c51.

Was anyone else listening to 88.5 FM at around 8:15 a.m. in the Montreal area?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Angry Re: Canadian Vitamins are now illegal if no sticker..Bill C51 passed!

How can They pass ANYTHING with Parliament Prorogued ?

Oh Yeah, I forgot - They don't give a Flip about the Law - Thats only for Us the Slaves...

We better try and make sure They didn't have a secret session of Parliament and pass a whole bunch of NWO Initiatives...

"F" Me...Ei Yei Yei...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
How can They pass ANYTHING with Parliament Prorogued ?
They didn't pass anything new. It's just stronger enforcement of a 2004 law.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Get a book on natural remedies, the stuff is in nature all around us. No worries.
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #15
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Canadian Vitamins are now illegal if no sticker..Bill C51 passed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaw3 View Post
They didn't pass anything new. It's just stronger enforcement of a 2004 law.
Ahhh - So due to it already being an exsiting Law - No Opposition moves are needed so the Governement can do what They want with already existing Legislation ?

Hmmm - Seems pretty crooked to Me but then if It walks like a Duck and Quacks like a Duck - Must be a Duck...

Time to bring it all down...

Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

Here is the USA version

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=6714

We have got to stop this insanity....
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

only natural health remedies that have not been verified have been removed all vitamins are still on the shelves and all naturl health remedies will remain there as well until supplies have been exhausted or the grace period lapses. This is by order of the NPA who is controlled by big Pharma just another cog in the wheel of global goverence
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #18
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
Ahhh - So due to it already being an exsiting Law - No Opposition moves are needed so the Governement can do what They want with already existing Legislation ?

Hmmm - Seems pretty crooked to Me but then if It walks like a Duck and Quacks like a Duck - Must be a Duck...

Time to bring it all down...

Just to make you aware legislation was passed very quietly in 1993 allowing the federal government to strip you of all assets including pensions rrsp`s homes everything . Registering your assets in the first place gives them that right . EX. registered retirement savings plan = rrsp here try this go down and tell them you want to transfer all your rrsp`s into GIC`s watch them try to talk you out of it .

Last edited by Northern Boy; 02-14-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #19
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Canadian Vitamins are now illegal if no sticker..Bill C51 passed!

Yeah - I was just being Facetious...

Quote:
–adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous.
My apologies - I should have been clearer. Sometimes its how I teach by provoking thought in others. That said, I'm fully aware of how many Rights We do not have, and have had taken away. TY though for the display.

Sad isn't It and still the Lukewarms say "Whats wrong ?"...

Ei Yei Yei...

Old 02-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
Lost soul
Avalon Senior Member

Is it the pharmaceuticals or .gov that doesn't like us - or both?
Lost soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

When I first started shopping at my local health food store back in 2003 it was usually fairly quiet when I would shop there. Today 2010, what a difference, the store is packed with shoppers, no matter what day of the week or what time of day or evening I go there. Its a hub of activity with shoppers asking questions of the well trained staff & people sharing their healing experiences/stories with staff on some particular herbal remedy they used. It is an awesome store & not very big either. The owners are very community sensitive & bring in only locally grown organic veggies. they also have a thriving deli bar, with all wonderful vegetarian and vegan dishes. I could eat there 7 days a week. One can feel the spirit of community & much love is expressed there amongst the shoppers & staff. Friendliness, helpfulness & knowledge make this little store a whopping success.

Perhaps it is this exploding interest by the consumer taking matters into their own hands for their health, that is worrisome to tptb, since they are loosing the sheeples monies to the alternative health industry. they are also loosing control overy our minds since healthy eating & natural supplements helps our mind. Seems like we got their attention & they don't like what their seeing. Oops too many sheep got out of their pen.

I am always so happy when I see that little health food store packed with shoppers.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote