Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
rsywong
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Why prophecies givng a specific time are almost always wrong

These are the reasons:

1. Probabilistically impossible. They are claimimg highly unlikly events, to occur in a specific time. Any bookmaker can accept the bet on it at good odds.

2. Prophecies are invariably on horrifying events. Knowing the prophecy can be quite frightening. Knowing the time a horrifying event to occur is more so. The lives of many will be devastated. Just like foretelling the date of death of a person, this is not helpful to the person. Therefore a good prophet doesn't ususally give the date even if he knows it for sure. However giving a time can still be a reponsible act when it is very urgent, as in the illustration in (3).

3. The duty of a prophet is not to be accurate. They do not want their prophecies to come true. They are here to forewarn people that such things are likley to happen, if people do not alter their course. So a prophecy is just a signal, or an advice to make changes. It may take many forms, even some deception if neccesary. There is no reason for it to be absolutely truthful. Take an example of a seer (someone who can see) seeing a blind man is about to walk to the edge of a cliff. Knowing the blind man is going to fall over in 15 steps, he says to the blind man,"Don't go further, there is a cliff in front of you.". but the blind man takes no heed. Now the blind man is 10 steps away, he says in an urgent voice, close to tears," 5 more steps, and you will fall over the cliff! Turn right!" The blind man hesitates but still continues, and finds he is all right at the 5th step. He laughs lould and says," You say you are a seer? You are more blind than I". The seer sadly leaves the scene, knowing he was never to be listened to from the start.
Then there is the story of the devil seeing the blind man nearing the cliff, but finding the wind getting stronger and is about to turn right. The devils says," I am your guardian angel, walk straight ahead, in 5 steps you will find a piece of gold." Indeed the blind man picks up a piece of gold the devil has put there. "Go further you will find more gold and heaven awaits you." Of course, the blind man is happy to follow.

See how the devil can be accurate because he makes it happen and the seer can be wrong because he does not want it to happen?

4. There is probably some unknown reason for the true prophet, particularly one who has great teachings to make oneself deniable by giving false predictions deliberately. There is certainly good reasons for a false prophet to constantly seek affirmation, through magical or illusional means.

The wisest appears stupid, the most courageous appears timid. (Lao Tze)

Last edited by rsywong; 10-20-2008 at 08:40 PM.
rsywong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
samncheese
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why prophecies givng a specific time are almost always wrong

I disagree with you. I see honest people that have the gift of sight but haven't figured out which channel to turn to for the best weather report...
samncheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Selene
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why prophecies giving a specific time are almost always wrong

Umm…the real reason that prophecies with specific times are invariably wrong is inherent in the nature of prophecy itself:

When you are seeing the future you are by definition in a “timeless” realm. The very fact that you can “see” at all is dependant on accessing another “frequency” (Sorry. I don’t have a more accurate word here) that’s outside of time and space.

The seer literally cannot tell if what they are sensing is a) currently happening somewhere, b) already happened in the past, or c) a possible future event. All you can do, after you’ve “seen” something, is interpret. Or best-guess. And try. That’s it.

I know.

I’ve been “seeing” all my life. People are alive and lives have been saved because of my interventions. I’ve never been afraid to act on what I “know.”

I’ve seen events that happened decades ago in some places. And events 25 years in the future that eventually happened exactly as I described them in writing – but I didn’t know it at the time. And things that are going on right now - somewhere else in the world. I’ve got the written notes – and newspaper articles – to prove it.

So I’m not by any means a skeptic about prediction. No, not at all. Police, emergency and public officials take my urgent warnings very, very seriously. I know I’ve made a difference.

But – even at that – I’ve yet to see any published predicted event happen on the date predicted. Any. Ever. Period. Because that information just isn’t there (unless, maybe, you’re seeing that, say, the New Year’s Eve ball in Times Square goes --- and even there, you can’t be sure what year you’re looking at.) Or, maybe, that your friend has an accident on their way to visit you – and you know they’re driving over tomorrow, it would only be prudent to call them and ask them to cancel…And I have at times “recognized” a chain of events as it is happening in time to say: Oh s***! Stop now!

But other than that…. You don't know. You just don't know. The worry - and the fear - can be intense at times. But unless you've got some specific actionable information and aren't afraid to make a fool of yourself by calling the proper authorities and putting yourself on the line, there isn't much you can do but wait and see.

Regards,
Selene
Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

my take

concerning prophecy

I always considered prophecy is thought to be a divinely inspired revelation or interpretation of a vision or divine communication

well...you can simply blame the source as this takes no talent or gift IMHO

and of course sources can be bogus

concerning pre-cogs

when looking into the future you are not really peering down a line of pre-ordained events

you are peering down many many possible events

many lines of probability

one must use their discernment to determine which line has the best chance of manifesting, based on a set of criteria known at the time of the viewing

and even then, your line of probability could easily be negated just moments after the viewing

the better the discernment the more accurate the viewing, yet you may miss lines that have not manifested yet due to other events which have to happen first

which of course...have not happened yet because your still in the present

the further ahead you look, the less stable the viewing

this is how I have always seen it

peace
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
rsywong
Avalon Senior Member

Reply to Selene:

That you are able to save lives and stop bad things from happening means you are already a good 'prophet' in the micro sense. I think many psychic visions are scenes and images that actually have time information encoded (As in some of your described visions). They just need to be decoded and the time information may not be very precise, but is existant. For example, there may be a vision of a plane crashing into the twin tower in morning sunlight, but no such vision with the moon in the background. The time of prophecised event is predetermined, but is not revealed to the prophet. There may be a natural law that prevents this information to be easily revealed.

I believe if time travel is possible, the traveller ETs ( or humans) must know the precise times of major events so that time travelling can even make sense (Wouldn't they choose to enter a time before a major catastrophie? What is "before"?). They do not tell us the time, not because they are confused or don't know or have a different concept, but perhaps because revealing somehow infringes our freewill. But telling the time of prophecy , always ahead of the actual time and not after, can be meaningful as in the case of the seer and the blind man.

Think of Nostradamus' self defaming 1999 prophecy of 9/11. I don't think he did not know the exact time, given that he knew the month of September.

We are receiving lots of "false alarms" these days. But are they really false?
rsywong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Why prophecies givng a specific time are almost always wrong

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the reasons:

1. Probabilistically impossible. They are claimimg highly unlikly events, to occur in a specific time. Any bookmaker can accept the bet on it at good odds.
The 'specific time' would be wrong, if the prophecies would be on the 14th.
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
Selene
Avalon Senior Member

Heretic, you commented:

"When looking into the future you are not really peering down a line of pre-ordained events, you are peering down many many possible events, many lines of probability. One must use their discernment to determine which line has the best chance of manifesting, based on a set of criteria known at the time of the viewing. And even then, your line of probability could easily be negated just moments after the viewing.....the further ahead you look, the less stable the viewing."

That's exactly correct, Heretic.

You are only seeing a "maybe..if nothing *else* changes..." But you really don't know what the *else's* might be. You can't really tell how much...ummm...headwind - how many factors - are playing into the probable event. It's like predicting the weather. Rain tomorrow? Well, maybe. This date next year? Hmmm.

And *probable* is also an important word: What, really are the probabilities here? 50-50? More? Less? One in a hundred? And if so, what's at stake? A one-in-a-hundred catastrophic event probability means you've got to speak up. But what if it's one-in-a-hundred for a lost piece of luggage? For whom? When? And how do you know, anyway, about those probabilities?

You don't. You just don't know.

That's why anyone gifted (hah!) with extra sensitivity [I don't call it 'extrasensory' because it's not an extra 'sixth' sense; it's the greater sensitivity of your existing senses] must learn to use great discernment and respect in applying those skills. That's why I confine my active interventions to:

- Matters of safety, life and death, when the "What if I'm wrong?" only means I'll look like an idiot - so what? - versus someone's life at stake.

- Precognitions with enough clear, actionable data to be specific about my intervention. That excludes: - vague fears or uneasiness about life in general and "We're all doomed! Doomed!" stuff - images of 'something, somewhere' that don't clearly show their location, circumstances or identify the individuals involved - things that might happen anyway, i.e. "further unrest in the middle east, etc."

- Precognitions that have present events clearly evolving toward them, i.e. yes, the mayor will in fact be speaking at that location next week....I didn't know that at the time I "saw" the problem.

- Precognitions that carry what I've learned over many years of practice to recognize as a unique "energy signature" that affects my body in a particular way. Other "ideas" are ignored, or merely observed as they develop.

- Interventions that can be done privately and confidentially with those most directly involved. I value my privacy. I never accept money. I don't give readings or answer questions on demand.

I hope this helps clarify some of the elements and variables of precognition, at least as I experience it.

Best regards,
Selene
Old 10-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
yikes!
Avalon Senior Member

Sometimes I think our own active imaginations are much worse than the actual results...
yikes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Selene
Avalon Senior Member

Rsywong,

In addition to my comments above re your post about "plane into twin towers" etc - (and you still - even with that image - wouldn't have had any info on the timing. You could be decades away. And, would you know from the image: Is it an accident? Deliberate? What causes it? And who would you warn?...!)

You said:

"I believe if time travel is possible, the traveller ETs (or humans) must know the precise times of major events so that time travelling can even make sense (Wouldn't they choose to enter a time before a major catastrophe? What is "before"?)...."

According to Dan Burisch who, as Maj-9, actually worked with an ET from 52,000 years in our future at Groom Lake, level S-4, and became familiar with the military's secret Stargate time-travel devices (Project Camelot Dan Burisch summary), the Et's themselves say that they can travel backwards in time to enter known events, but even for them the future is always probabilistic. You can only go to "probable" futures.

And again, according to Dr. Burisch, the Et's did in fact come back to our present age in an attempt to divert a future PROBABLE (in our terms) catastrophe that is a "fact" in their history. This "fact" - importantly - seems to have been successfully altered now. This is the so-called Doctrine of Convergent Time Paradox (DCTP) that Dr. Burisch discusses more fully in his Camelot videos, the "timeline 1 versus timeline 2" problem. .Project Camelot interviews Dan Burisch

It's a complex issue; much food for thought in these videos.

Cheers,
Selene

Last edited by Selene; 10-21-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Selene,

you and I see things in a like manner as I agree with everything you said, it is refreshing to hear someone else see things like I do because I just dont share this stuff often, well hardly at all

I dont do readings either unless it is a personal friend or loved one, or if I feel the need to intervene, and have never done it for money

doing it on demand makes me feel like a dancing monkey and that just gets in the way of my viewing, and I have difficulty doing it for people I dont know well because knowing the person makes all the difference in the world, for me anyways

I have done it for aquiantences here and there but only if I can read them well enough by looking into their eyes for a while to get a grasp of who they really are inside as well as a glimpse in their past and present, so I can get a better viewing of their possible future

It usually unnerves people to do the eye thing and I have had people freak out and not have anything to do with me anymore because of it *shrug* so I hardly ever do it now

my ability evolved from doing tarot readings...in my day I was one hell of a reader and I eventually realized that by peering into their eyes, the answers were already there and I eventually just tossed the cards

good times

peace
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

you and I see things in a like manner as I agree with everything you said, it is refreshing to hear someone else see things like I do because I just dont share this stuff often, well hardly at all

I dont do readings either unless it is a personal friend or loved one, or if I feel the need to intervene, and have never done it for money

doing it on demand makes me feel like a dancing monkey and that just gets in the way of my viewing, and I have difficulty doing it for people I dont know well because knowing the person makes all the difference in the world, for me anyways

I have done it for aquiantences here and there but only if I can read them well enough by looking into their eyes for a while to get a grasp of who they really are inside as well as a glimpse in their past and present, so I can get a better viewing of their possible future

This couldve been written by myself. I have had some pretty negative premonitions, but normally choose not to share because I feel that it then brings doom n gloom into focus. I have also had positive premonitions that I also choose to keep to myself. When I am meant to intervene or warn/advise someone about something, it is made very clear to me, so I follow the guidance. I have learned to trust intuition, but still make a muck of things at times. Its a process, we're all learning how to cope with these abilities and I feel that although we are at different levels, our evolution is very close to a more balanced and spiritual way of life. I feel excited and am enjoying life. But I also know how to start a fire and catch fish

peace
Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
Selene
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, Heretic.

You commented: "It usually unnerves people ... and I have had people freak out and not have anything to do with me anymore because of it *shrug* so I hardly ever do it now...

Yeah. Exactly why I value my privacy and don't have a "public" profile as a psychic. It really doesn't help.

I confine my work to a strictly need-to-know basis. And I will discuss or demonstrate or measure specific capacities only for recognized researchers or need-to-know persons who can guarantee my privacy. Once in a while, I'll show "something" to someone in order to teach them a teachable point, but that's rare.

I think it's better that way.

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Cheers,
Selene
Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
Selene
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Elephant Man,

You commented:

"When I am meant to intervene or warn/advise someone about something, it is made very clear to me, so I follow the guidance. I have learned to trust intuition, but still make a muck of things at times. Its a process, we're all learning..."

Exactly.

We are all learning. It takes time, and feedback, and a willingness to explore your own inner self. We just do the best we can; that's all anyone can do.

It's wonderful that so many here on this site understand these things. Thank you for your comments.

All my best wishes,
Selene