Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Default Don't buy the web bot idea? Why?

If there is anyone out there who does not believe this web bot technology is a viable predictive tool, please state why you believe this.
This information is resonating with me, but I simply must have an intelligent anti-view to help in discernment.
Thank you.
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Don't buy the web bot idea? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayslack View Post
If there is anyone out there who does not believe this web bot technology is a viable predictive tool, please state why you believe this.
This information is resonating with me, but I simply must have an intelligent anti-view to help in discernment.
Thank you.
Bait post
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunamahalo View Post
Bait post
Eh?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:33 AM   #4
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunamahalo View Post
Bait post

Kahunamahalo . . . Strayslack is not baiting.

I met him in person this weekend and he is a very straight up kind of guy. He truly wants opposing veiws on "web bot" and predictions to do exactly as he says.

I may be overstepping but he seems to be the kind of guy that likes to look at a new idea from all angles so he can form the strongest foundation to build from.

So . . . . . no bait . . . honest request.
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

I'd like to hear the why nots as well. I presented it to my husband (who is asleep) hoping to get his view- he didn't provide any for or against.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:51 AM   #6
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Strayslack and eleni . . . there is discussion going on about "web bot" and a new prediction (?) made today in the area below. Worth a look.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3695
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, this is why I am asking as well. Thank you
Old 09-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #8
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

It's an Illuminati feedback loop. It measures the emotional response (almost always FEAR and panic) generated by Illuminati-planted "news," (almost all the news there is). People then respond to the webbot predicitons of gloom and doom with more FEAR and panic, and thus the interdimensional beings who need our fear and panic to sustain them get fed. I wouldn't cooperate with this if I were you! TAKE BACK THIS PLANET!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
jan
Avalon Senior Member

I'm interested in the principle[1] that makes ALTA possible (I prefer to use the word ALTA[2] since the WebBot[3] is only a part of the analysis system).

Firt of all, it's very hard to decide whether ALTA works or not since from a user point of view it is like a black-box[4]. Furthermore, to know the system it seems required to be a participant of the project[5].

So this post only aims to raise questions/remarks and ask for insights from the community.

1. In a way the system works because it has some hits[6]. It is clear that the ratio hit/miss (can be restricted to "major" events) must be known to have an informed opinion about its viability as a predictive tool. Personally I don't know it.

2. There are 2 main components in ALTA: the WebBot part and the human interpretation, operator feedback and tuning part. So the question is:
what is really used ? the psychic abilities of a huge volume of humans consciouness or the psychic ability of the operator to restructure the information ? or both ?

Because the implementation side of the system seems like an organic process, it hints to the fact that the involvement of the operator is central to the predictions. Therefore we may have different results with different operators.

3. There is a psychological element about the behaviour of the ALTA team that is is intriguing though explainable:
In the case of a quasi-certain near end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it why not releasing all the information about ALTA (source code) for the benefit of all ? why not making the project opensource ?

4. Bias: Cliff says in his interview at C2C that knowing how ALTA works can enable someone to manipulate the inputs of the system.

Although with enough network power or control over key information sources a large scale manipulation is thinkable, it is not clear whether ALTA is enough statistically robust to filter "noises".

Besides it could be argue that no manipulation can also benefit all the parties since the Web information volume is an open space for each party to gather relevant information that affect all humanity and beyond (see E.T.) - by analogy, a manipulation would be like polluting the water from which everybody drink.
On the contrary, manipulating the vision of possible futurs is relevant for imposing an certain agenda or prophecy (~create your own imposed realty).

Notes:

[1] the analysis is based of the assumption that the universal psychic abalities of humankind leaks relevant information about events in time through the dynamics of language structures in a vast volume. This leakage can be somehow quantified.

[2] Asymetric Language Trend Analysis

[3] The part of the system that collects and put a structure on the database. For me, it also relates to any kind of agents that collect information on the Web. Therefore it may lead to some confusions.

[4] Since it is a black-box one can argue ad infinitum about "how it can really achieve its results ?", "are they telling the truth about how it is produced?" and so on.

[5]I volunteered to work to understand and develop ALTA but the authors are now in the understandable mood of "running" - I hope they will change their view point.
Nevertheless, the complexity of the system and its ad hoc implementation may even prevent outsiders from participating: En le Rongeant

[6]See for example the «Hits and Misses» paragraph of this article : Reality Sandwich
jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufire77 View Post
Kahunamahalo . . . Strayslack is not baiting.

I met him in person this weekend and he is a very straight up kind of guy. He truly wants opposing veiws on "web bot" and predictions to do exactly as he says.

I may be overstepping but he seems to be the kind of guy that likes to look at a new idea from all angles so he can form the strongest foundation to build from.

So . . . . . no bait . . . honest request.
Thank you Blufire, and it was a pleasure meeting you. Blufire is right. I've heard all the arguments for why we should listen to this data, and in order to make an informed decision, I need to hear the other side. Some have provided that, and I thank them for it.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #11
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

Doodah is close.

listened to their interview on Coast...

my impression having known several Three letter people is that
they are well trained.
they are aware of their impact and emotional triggers.

they are very smart and study the top Internet marketers and know how to sell and make money.

I DO believe in the technology. I DO believe in pre event gravitational emotional signals.

in my admittedly limited understanding, i theorize that they are doing this as a test, some sort of fringe operation (cia,nsa,illuminati) to test the effects of a mass lookinglass type operation.

beware the doomsdayers....

imagine your life as you really want it...
thing is i think people want something VERY different than what has been happening...so they picture the fall.....

what we need to picture is the radical and amazing.
we need to picture the fruiting of our civilaztion into a healthy organic whole species that knows what a gem we truly inhabit.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you.

Whether we end up in agreement or not, I salute you for seeking different views in this and all matters.

I am suspicious of WebBot. I have not reached a full conclusion but they are feeding fear, and I ask myself who benefits.

Here's an alternative form of the WebBot technology:
http://www.viewzone.com/future/index.html
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #13
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, thank you. I agree it feeds fear and we should back away and steer clear of those men.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #14
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
It's an Illuminati feedback loop. It measures the emotional response (almost always FEAR and panic) generated by Illuminati-planted "news," (almost all the news there is). People then respond to the webbot predicitons of gloom and doom with more FEAR and panic, and thus the interdimensional beings who need our fear and panic to sustain them get fed. I wouldn't cooperate with this if I were you! TAKE BACK THIS PLANET!

very interesting and intelligent conceipt doodah !
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #15
Sky Otter

hi All

my first notice was his name
clif high
is that for real... or is it
go jump off a high cliff ??

i had a hard time listening to the interview but i did read the transcript and i thought he was extremely detail orientened
and highly intelligent and well meaning
but
the one thing that jumped at me was that
(and he even went into detail about the electric water)
he had to draw conclusions based on key words and had missed a few
because it was a subjective determination
that alone makes me hesitate in giving him the 75-100% credibility

i can't speak to the technology only to how i felt in the reading of the interview
i felt he was an entirely well meaning guy who was also fallible

just my penny's worth

Dian
Old 10-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
Yet it forecasts the fall of such powers.
That the masses will find out about the manipulations that have been going on for hundreds of years, that their secret facilities will be overrun by civilians, that the use of fluoride to limit the spiritual evolution of humanity by hindering the pineal gland will be learned about, that the ET conspiracies will be discovered and resisted, and so on...

So this sounds like bad news for the Illuminati as much as anybody else, and ultimately, the survivors will live in a world where such control structures are overthrown.
Ie: They will "Take back this planet..."

As far as I can tell, that seems to be what they're saying anyway.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #17
Bagatell
Avalon Senior Member

Web bots are the work of the devil! Only the Global Consciousness Project has the answers .

P.S.

I take that back after reading the latest update from the linguistic time machine

Last edited by Bagatell; 10-04-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Bagatell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #18
Mark Stephenson

Because the only people who seem to know how it actually works is High/Ure and his assistant.

They won't present the method because of trade secrets..... How convenient.

Predictive linguistics thrive on being able to present "Data" as a seemingly loose babble of sentences that could be interpreted as anything they want it to. Mediums work in exactly the same way. The usual excuse for the vagueness portrayed is "it's important to read the words trying to sense the 'feel' or 'texture' of what the words paint"

In other words look hard enough and long enough and your subcouncious will find something.

Beware anyone who is ever selling anything. Between them HPH and Urban survival are on a viral internet marketing campaign to make $$$$$$

I don't trust the web bots to predict the weather let alone impending doom, and I for one will be waving the "I told you so" Flag when absolutely nothing happens on the 7th, 8th or 9th.

Im all for the creative counciousness aspect, but stuff like predicting Cheney is gonna have a heart attack from a bunch of internet posts in a secret and unscientificaly proven method isn't gonna convince me sorry.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #19
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

HI ALL

One thing learned real quick when i first got on the net. Do your research, just because one persion says'
This is the answer does not mean that when three or four other unrelated sites say the same thing then yeah maybe.
I have diabtes n a few other problems therefore herb infomation is vital, just because it is natural does not mean safe
Do your research then varify it.

Hoss
E G M
Hoss the SURVIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #20
Racsouran
Banned

Quote:
Thank you.

don´t worry, i don´t believe in it because i don´t need to.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #21
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

"Oooh! he has a spooky name" .... and then there's that word "believe"

Tell you what I did. There is a 12 part interview on YouTube and I sat through it. Then I read the transcript of the interview over on Camelot.

I remember laughing several times while reading it because it's probably some of the most refreshing, insightful, and innovative computer science I'd read of in the 30 years I've been around the damned things. Made me jealous as hell I wasn't involved.

What I didn't see Cliff mention was anything about starting a religion. A closer explanation of what they've labored to produce would be along the lines of a weather report. It's drawn from a whole collection of factors, that are constantly changing. These may not be aware of each other, or even know the nature of their relationships.

Then there's things like, even looking at them also has an effect, and whose looking and how they put them together, as well.

Lemme try a diff tack. Begin with this as a given.
"Everyone knows the truth."
People may hide from it, or hide it from others, or spin it round either for their own benefit, or the comfort of others, but,
"Everyone knows the truth."

Knowing that affects how they interact. How they feel about it does as well. What they've done is the beginnings of a way to "listen" to that, and quantify how it changes. It's not about whether or not you should walk across the street today, or not. Or even whether or not you'll be hit by a truck in the process. It's more like.... whether you should take an umbrella with you, or not. "Clear as mud?"

Brings me around to one of my favorite quotes, of late:

Quote:
"It should be self evident that if there is only oneness, then anything else that appears to exist, must have been made up. Furthermore it must have been made up for appeared to be a very damned good reason.

Thus instead of judging the world and everything in it, perhaps it would be more helpful for you to ask what value you saw in making it up in the first place. It may also be wise to ask yourself what would be a more appropriate response to it now."

NOTE: Cliff High; If you ever need another completely incompetent, computer literate, assistant, ravenously hungry to learn, PM me, please!

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #22
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

the web bot info is only negative if you let it be. we have a choice as to how we react, and how we handle the events. in my opinion it is positive because it allows me to position myself and family and be proactive in the upcoming events. i won't be caught with my pants down, have an empty gas tank, no food in the house, and no cash in my pocket. how much more positive can you get?

Namaste'

ps thank you again to bill & kerry for sharing.
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
Selene
Avalon Senior Member

Hello, all.

This is my first “official” post here. And – yes – I’m the same Selene who posts on EaglesDisobey.net (Dan Burisch’s forum) and GrahamHancock.com message boards (Ancient mysteries, Egyptology etc.).

Speaking as someone with some experience in testing and developing “expert systems” – which is what the Half Past Human system is – it looks to me to be “unproven”.

That is: nothin’ up and running here yet, folks.

Here’s why:

• The system relies on subjectively weighted input for its parameters. That is, its numbers are based on whatever its programmers wanted them to be. That’s not necessarily a problem but you’ve got to have some solid data or statistics available to support those weightings. They determine your output.

• As a proprietary (secret) system, there's no way for an observer to test or evaluate those parameters. In other words, they could depend on casting bones or voodoo or whatever the programmers had for breakfast; we’ll never know.

• Any system based on conforming to or supporting past events/data as a developmental tool runs the risk of “curve fitting” its parameters. Simply put, twisting your system to make it “do” what the (selectively chosen in hindsight) data showed you. Curve fitting is a subtle but pervasive problem in expert systems development that they haven’t shown they’ve addressed. It usually defeats most expert system attempts.

• One “hit” – Musharaff’s resignation – doesn’t make a robust, reliable system. Any database needs at least 30 data point (hits) to even begin to provide any kind of statistical validity. 300 points would be better.(And c’mon, his resignation was buzzed about for weeks before it happened. And in politics, “nothing is official until it’s officially denied…” so it wasn’t exactly out-of-the-blue. And if the developers are claiming that “picking up on the linguistic buzz” is exactly what the system is designed to do, well, really, not this time…. The Musharaff thing wasn’t exactly a sterling example of a neat system.) Come back in a few years with some good published in advance predictions of unanticipated events, and we’ll talk, guys.

• Meanwhile, they’re charging big bucks for their newsletter. Red flag here, bigtime. This isn’t being done out of a spirit of service to humanity.

I wish the developers well here, but they’ve got a lot more work to do before the rest of us should take their prediction power too seriously. As they say themselves on their website, it’s “for entertainment only”.

So let’s lighten up here, guys.

Best regards,
Selene
Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #24
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Strayslack,
I agree with your approach to 'problem' solving...explore every possible avenue.
Selene and others have given many reasons to question web bot "authority"...here's another:

Quantum physics research has determined some important 'facts' about reality...not the least of which is randomness. If matter actually exists as a realm of probabilities, with infinite variables...prediction of outcomes is not feasible. Not by our current methods...including early 21st century computers.

2 cents.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote