Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Default Windows 7 anti piracy software activates soon.

Reported by Lauren Weinstein

When Microsoft shortly pushes out a Windows 7 update with the reportedly innocuous title "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971033)" -- it will be taking your Windows 7 system where it has never been before.

Watch out for this update, take your auto update off and look out for this number KB971033, you are not obliged to download this activation.

http://lauren.vortex.com/

This does not affect XP or Vista ops.

Lauren is interviewed on Coast to Coast am on 11th Feb 2010 straight after the interview for alternative treatments for cancer ( well worth listening to also)

Link for this show,

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5358...cer_Treatments Part Four is the Lauren interview.

Last edited by aroundthetable; 02-14-2010 at 11:00 AM.
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Windows 7 anti piracy software activates soon.

Isnt this an anti-piracy tool to detect the genuine status of Windows 7? Unless you are advocating the theft of Windows 7 for your use then what is the problem? I use Windows 7 which was supplied under license with my computer, I have paid to use this operating system so why should I be concerned?
MS are often portrayed as the big evil company yet no one has to or needs to use ANY MS software, it is a choice. There is already a similar thing in use for XP/Vista called WGA, sounds about the same.
If you dont like MS, try Unbuntu and if you do like MS, isnt it only fair you should pay for it?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Yes Phoenix, you are correct, i also bought my op system legally and prob most people on here did too. That is not really the issue. Innocent people ( many many innocent people) will be stuck by this invasive software. Microsoft has every right to protect its investment, that is not the issue. Please have a listen to the interview for the problems that WILL arise from this.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

The link is a torrent, I dont use torrents but I did read her blog. I still cant see any significant issue. If you dont like the terms of the license, use another OS. Am I missing something?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Yes you are missing something.