Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Coming Starvation In America

I thought some of you might like to read this interesting artical.

The Coming Starvation In America

By James P. Wickstrom
http://www.theantechamber.net
Antechamber. net
10-3-5

The government of the United States, by Law was to always maintain a three year mixed- grain survival storage for every man, woman, and child in the United States.

Like most Laws of the land, the politicians never took heed as to why our wise ancestors had this reserve requirement established. It was to make sure, that, in the time of a National Emergency, the people had the most important mainstay needed for survival individually and as a Nation. Remember, the people make the Nation, the Nation does not make the people.

In the 1960's and 1970's the different political administrations of Washington, D. C. walked away from sanity and started to give the surplus grains which where in elevator storage all over the country, to other nations, such as the Soviet Union, India, etc.. This continued over two decades, until the elevators were empty and the reserve of grains that were in reserve as per a national crisis.... were gone. Of course this was done as to enhance international "friendship" with other nations, even if those other nations were self-admitted enemies of the United States.

Remember, there was enough grain in storage, paid for by the American tax- payer, to last the masses inside the United States for three full years, if need be. But now it all is but gone!

By 1996, the United States Department of Agriculture (U. S. D. A.) claimed that there was enough food in ware-house storage to last every man, woman and child in the cities a 3 day supply and a 5 day supply for every man, woman, and child in the countryside, should a great national emergency occur. In other words, if food trucks stopped running, the food supplies for the masses would be 3 days in the cities and 5 days in the countryside.

In 2003, the U. S. D. A. stopped measuring for "days in reserve" of food for every man, woman, and child in the United States because the amount of food in storage in the United States dropped under a 1 day food supply for every man, woman, and child in the United States. Thus, the U. S. D. A. started to measure in individual pounds as to how much food was in the food-chain per person in the United States as per 300 million people.

In 2003, there was 77 pounds of food per person in the warehouse food- chain in the United States. What this means, is that during a national emergency, only 77 pounds of food per person is available before all food is TOTALLY GONE in the United States.

By September of 2005, there is now only 15.7 pounds of reserved foodstuffs in the food-chain for every man, woman, and child in the United States. This means that there has been an 80% decrease in the past two years. That decrease is becoming greater with every passing day in the United States. Of the 15.7 pounds of warehoused reserved food-stuffs, 11.0 pounds of the 15.7 pounds consists of unprocessed wheat. The rest of the 15.7 pounds of survival foods in storage for every man, woman, and child, totaling 4.7 pounds, consists of the following foods:

1. Non-fat dry milk 2. Cheese 3. Corn by the bushel 4. Peanuts by the pound 5. Lentils by the pound

That's it folks ! . . . This is what the District of Columbia has set aside representing the 15.7 pounds in the survival food-chain for every man, woman, and child to stay alive on. This is not a daily supply, this amount represents the total food everyone will get for .... how long, who knows!

The U. S. D. A. Crop Production Report per September 12, 2005, contained said information, and this information was brought forth by Alan Guebert of the Farm & Food Report.

Collective communist farming failed in the Soviet Union and communist China, and the present form of Collective Farming (paying the farmers not to grow food) has totally failed in the United States.

Mr. Guebert also stated, that one more disaster as the likes of the hurricanes Katrina or Rita against the United States, or anything to compare to such in whatever way, would create such a food panic, it would make the New Orleans rioting look like the Mardi Gras.

The United States Government for the past 75 years has been driving the United States deeper and deeper into the realm of communism. The United States is financially broke, the farms are broken down, the Nation has been de-industrialized, and the outsourcing of jobs continues to this day. Both corrupt federal administrations, the Democrat and Republican eat off the same plate. They have labeled that plate; "Screw the taxpayer, each and every one of them."

Our European ancestors were very wise, honest and full of common sense. They had food cellars where they had food canned, that could last them well over a year, insuring them that they would be able to plant a crop the following summer, and still be able to survive waiting for crops to mature and harvest. They did not rely on the corrupt politicians who are liars and thieves.

But as I said, time passed by and the people put a false trust in their elected and appointed public servants thinking that these same people were looking out for their personal interests. How sadly wrong the people were then, and still are.

In conclusion, I highly suggest that you pull your head out of the sand, check your food supplies, and if you do not have 6 months to a years food in reserve, then you had best sell something or do whatever you have to do, to immediately prepare yourself and your loved ones for safety. If you can store two years at this time: DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Remember, the 15.7 pounds of food in reserve is becoming less by the day, and at the present rate of speed, the United States is heading to what is called.... meal to meal. One more major disaster will drive the United States to its knees.

The federal government, for itself, has millions of tons of preserved foods stashed away in underground storages, but this food is not for the masses, unless they surrender their firearms, and then they will get a food coupon from the *feds* to buy out of the federal government food warehouse wherever it is set up in your area.

............. has always subjected and controlled the masses using FOOD. Remember, FOOD CONTROL IS PEOPLE CONTROL. New Orleans was your cue: Now prepare! You have been warned.

Your blood is off my hands!

James P. Wickstrom
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
izz
Banned

Default Re: The Coming Starvation In America

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefla73 View Post
The United States Government for the past 75 years has been driving the United States deeper and deeper into the realm of communism.

In conclusion, I highly suggest that you pull your head out of the sand, check your food supplies, and if you do not have 6 months to a years food in reserve, then you had best sell something or do whatever you have to do, to immediately prepare yourself and your loved ones for safety. If you can store two years at this time: DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

James P. Wickstrom
ummm this jumped out at me .. the US has been heading in a communist direction .. that is a load of rubbish ..

about this food hoarding - i just cant do I am afraid .. it is almost like saying .. ''ill make sure i am alright .. me me me ''.. i cant think like that ..

if a global disaster happens .. it would have to be enourmous to affect food supplies to such an extent that people are starving ..like a nuclear winter .. and if that happens we are all in it together .. and there is no way i would eat my stored food whilst others starved ..

and it is slightly nutty stock piling food and building nuclear shelters IMO
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with you if you'd say that the US government was/is as corrupt as the russian and the chinese, as all governments actually, but the world hasn't seen any real communism as it was meant to be.
No government is leading anymore but ruling.
This was already clear to see 30 years ago.
But Bob Dylan was declared crazy when he sang: "The times they are a changing" and now it's shakin' your windows and rattling your walls..and everybody looks surprised and if you say: I saw it coming why haven't you done anything?
Every empire fell because of its decadence and this one is no exeption.
Nevertheless: We will survive!
Won't we?
And if we don't, so what?
Dying isn't the worst thing in the world.
Finish your unfinished bussines today and be prepared to step into the higher realms of being, have no fear.
You wanna go to heaven? You won't get there without dying, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Peer; 10-05-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Anyone that is truly awake knows that the US plans were to move to communism as far as they can go. NWO was the plan and it is now unfolding.

Anyone who truly believes that obama will do anything different for our country is blind. His agenda is no diffenent. go to www.crimesagainstobama.com and see for your self. Anyways..........why would this election be anything different.

No people, this is to be our reality so it is up to us to decide what we want. We can bring about our own change if we follow our hearts. Pray or meditate to bring about what it is we want.

Dying doesn't scare me but torture does. Im too old for games like that. My worse fear is seeing pain. I can't handle it.
So, I will continue to pray for our own change.

mccain & obama are puppets ....the same
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
historycircus

I won't starve because I am getting prepared. How about you?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:47 AM   #6
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

I think eating is a bit like AIDS. According to that depach chopra most people that die of AID die of shame. In other words expectation, belief is a factor. I think most people can live on 1 modest meal a day, every other day, or every third day and do just fine. Some people claim, and I believe they are telling the truth, that they eat very infrequently like once a week, even once a month. To much food is really very unhealthy. Sun worship and energy Chi-kung can help a lot with physical energy needs and some claim nutrition needs. Google for such things as Sun Worshipers, Breatharians, Non-Eaters. It is also claimed that many diseases are prevented by fasting 1 day a month even.
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
STicKY_EyEs
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realview View Post
I think eating is a bit like AIDS. According to that depach chopra most people that die of AID die of shame. In other words expectation, belief is a factor. I think most people can live on 1 modest meal a day, every other day, or every third day and do just fine. Some people claim, and I believe they are telling the truth, that they eat very infrequently like once a week, even once a month. To much food is really very unhealthy. Sun worship and energy Chi-kung can help a lot with physical energy needs and some claim nutrition needs. Google for such things as Sun Worshipers, Breatharians, Non-Eaters. It is also claimed that many diseases are prevented by fasting 1 day a month even.
Yeah I have heard about this. It was called SUN GAZING. I've heard it to be true and i'm looking into it also!!!

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/sun_gazing.html

http://www.solarhealing.com/
STicKY_EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
STicKY_EyEs
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
But on the other hand I have a family and I may not have time to SUNGAZE in the brink of chaos, so yep i'm getting pepared and just about everyway I can but not because of fear but just because there is always a posilbility of the unknow!!!!!...by the way I got 48 MRE's coming in today.
STicKY_EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
izz
Banned

Quote:
really .. and wil you be at home when disaster strikes ?
will you share with your neighbours ...

me me me me ...

get over it
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Lythocrist
Avalon Senior Member

More things in the world are edible than many think. You know what, you could go scrape bark off a tree and it will give you little to no nutrition, likely taste terrible, and maby even a stomach ache. But you know what you'll be alive.

Eat bugs, cockroaches, crickets, anything. Sure it sounds disgusting, but would you rather DIE?!

People change completely when faced with death, pain, or just general discomfort.

You can only prepare for yourself. Telling more to prepare here is preaching to the choir.

There is always food and always will be. The Indians didn't have giant crops(Most American Indians*) They hunted for animals and gathered for herbs and grains as well as fruits veggies. If you're starving and the US isn't helping 'you' Go into the woods and start munching some oak leaves or something. Common sence is your friend as so notably said by the thread starter referring to our founding fathers. They didn't base their plans on what their leaders were going to do. They fought for themselves, their families and even their close friends/neighbors.

Peace,Love,Common Sence, Truth, and Enjoyment be with you all.

Last edited by Lythocrist; 10-10-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Lythocrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izz View Post
and if that happens we are all in it together .. and there is no way i would eat my stored food whilst others starved ..

I have to agree with Izz here. For many years, I've just bought food as I've needed it, and as I mostly buy from the local greengrocer, butcher, fishmonger etc I just buy the food as I need it. I go with the flow and buy as and when.

This means I generally go shopping almost every other day. It also means my cupboards only have a few bits and pieces in them, the odd tin of soup or beans for rainy days.

Since this whole kerfufle started, I've been buying the odd extra extra tin and now my cupboards are nearly full (btw they're small cupboards and that probably represents only a couple of weeks worth of food).

And you know what? It doesn't feel right.

I visited stonehenge yesterday (get me?!) and whereas I would normally stumble at paying TBTB £6.50 for going round something you can see from the road for free - I paid the money (well, hey.. we're in crisis - so it's how you live every day that's important ) and went round.

The path around the monument leads in an anti-clockwise direction.

And you know what? It didn't feel right.

I could feel the energy pushing me back with every step (yet they want everyone to go this way). After walking about a quarter circle, I turned and went clockwise. Whoosh ! I was gliding along. Anyone else tried this ?

I don't want to change subject, but my point here is you have to trust your instincts.

A cupboard full of food doesn't feel right to me currently (especially if other people's cupboards will be empty) and neither does a bathroom full of toilet rolls.

(the feng-shui alone is muggy and heavy )

But look, surely if we want some spiritual awakening, this ain't going to happen unless everyone pulls together. And 'everyone' surely doesn't just mean the 'well-informed' and prepared. Doesn't make sense to me.

A time may well come when a lot of people (me included) will have to make a decision whether they are going to help others in distress, or wall themselves in. (I am legend springs to mind - what kind of an existence is that , really ?)

I hope that when the time comes I will make the right decision for spirit and not just for my self.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #12
gwynned
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
I agree with you if you'd say that the US government was/is as corrupt as the russian and the chinese, as all governments actually, but the world hasn't seen any real communism as it was meant to be.
No government is leading anymore but ruling.
This was already clear to see 30 years ago.
But Bob Dylan was declared crazy when he sang: "The times they are a changing" and now it's shakin' your windows and rattling your walls..and everybody looks surprised and if you say: I saw it coming why haven't you done anything?

I agree with you....somewhat. First off, in the commentary provided, there is that ridiculous comment that the US is turning into a communist state. In it's simplest terms, communism simply means that the resources of a community are held in common, which is the opposite of what is happening now as the elite are grabbing the resources currently held in common (our houses and 401K values).

Secondly, communism in its perfected form has not been seen, but in its initial stages and in some places, its benefits are obvious. Currently one can look to Venezuela and Bolivia for inspiration. Both Chavez and Morales are Marxists. Secondly, I read a few years ago that in the early 1930s, when the docks in Germany were empty and people were carrying cash in wheelbarrows, those in the newly formed Soviet Union were bustling with activity. Even now, Venezuela is experiencing growth and drastic improvement in the lives of its poor. They are bartering with their neighbors, avoiding the necessity of capital in some cases.

What is cascading now is the world wide CAPITALIST economic system. It matters not a whit to Andeans in South America whose economic system is based on communal ownership and have no dependence on the capitalist system.

The fact is that the ONLY thing lacking in the economy right now is CAPITAL which is something no one really understands but controls our lives. The fact is the true VALUE is in the people who run the machines, till the soil, engineer the bridges and put out fires, and capital is the means by which the value of our work is stolen by those in power.
gwynned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #13
LiquidPluto
Avalon Senior Member

I also went to Stonehenge this week 08/10/08
For some reason I felt I had to go there. There were hundreds of birds in the trees around the parking lot and the birdsong was so loud it was deafening. Yet over at the henge there were only 2 or 3 birds????

It was a beautiful day, cloudy but they were fluffly white and widely spread. Funny thing was they were lined up in an unusual way and the bottoms of the clouds were all flat.

Some helicopters flew by while I was there so I took some pictures.
I thought they might be military?

I will put the pics in my profile if you would like to have a look.

Peace
LiquidPluto

Last edited by LiquidPluto; 10-10-2008 at 06:22 PM.
LiquidPluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidPluto View Post
I also went to Stonehenge this week 08/10/08
For some reason I felt I had to go there. There were hundreds of birds in the trees around the parking lot and the birdsong was so loud it was deafening. Yet over at the henge there were only 2 or 3 birds????

It was a beautiful day, cloudy but they were fluffly white and widely spread. Funny thing was they were lined up in an unusual way and the bottoms of the clouds were all flat.

Some helicopters flew by while I was there so I took some pictures.
I thought they might be military?

I will put the pics in my profile if you would like to have a look.

Peace
LiquidPluto
That's really interesting!
Where i live (in the country) we haven't heard a bird for months now!
The only birds around at the moment are pigeons and ring tailed doves, i'm missing the small birds they would come into my garden each day, wake me up with the dawn chorus and still be singing late into the evening.
Perhaps they have all gone to Stonehenge then lol!!

There is definately an energy there i have felt this before.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Once man has quinched his internal thirst and hunger for knowledge. All that are in hunger and thirst will be fed.
Famine of physical food is the outward expression of famine of knowledge.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #16
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

The US Is a corporation and yes there is a solution to this...read up on my topic

Rebe4Life
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #17
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
I have to agree with Izz here. For many years, I've just bought food as I've needed it, and as I mostly buy from the local greengrocer, butcher, fishmonger etc I just buy the food as I need it. I go with the flow and buy as and when.

This means I generally go shopping almost every other day. It also means my cupboards only have a few bits and pieces in them, the odd tin of soup or beans for rainy days.

Since this whole kerfufle started, I've been buying the odd extra extra tin and now my cupboards are nearly full (btw they're small cupboards and that probably represents only a couple of weeks worth of food).

And you know what? It doesn't feel right.

I don't want to change subject, but my point here is you have to trust your instincts.

A cupboard full of food doesn't feel right to me currently (especially if other people's cupboards will be empty) and neither does a bathroom full of toilet rolls.

(the feng-shui alone is muggy and heavy )

But look, surely if we want some spiritual awakening, this ain't going to happen unless everyone pulls together. And 'everyone' surely doesn't just mean the 'well-informed' and prepared. Doesn't make sense to me.

A time may well come when a lot of people (me included) will have to make a decision whether they are going to help others in distress, or wall themselves in. (I am legend springs to mind - what kind of an existence is that , really ?)

I hope that when the time comes I will make the right decision for spirit and not just for my self.
This is how I've been feeling. We don't just want to continue the same self-preserving paradigm that we've had for so long. I certainly would not want to be the last one surviving in a permanent martial law/nuclear war/one pandemic after another/etc. world. I have to agree that if I am the only one in my neighbourhood with food stores for a year, how good will I feel watching my neighbours suffer and possibly die?

Nevermind that if it got REALLY bad (which everyone is saying/thinking), how long do you think you will actually be in possession of food stores - be it the gov't confiscating, or crazy mobs looting, or your neighbour notices you're quite plump while everyone else is rail thin and decides he/she is not going to starve while you stuff your face.

Hmmm.

Aside from that stuff though, it just doesn't feel right to know in my godlike wisdom I have been hoarding/storing food for months/years to prepare for a coming emergency that I'm so determined is going to occur. And everybody else who is naive and/or stupid to not have been living in such awareness can all starve around me because they did not prepare.

Yeah, that sounds like a great attitude. Sounds like a world I want to live in :\
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #18
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izz View Post
ummm this jumped out at me .. the US has been heading in a communist direction .. that is a load of rubbish ..

about this food hoarding - i just cant do I am afraid .. it is almost like saying .. ''ill make sure i am alright .. me me me ''.. i cant think like that ..

if a global disaster happens .. it would have to be enourmous to affect food supplies to such an extent that people are starving ..like a nuclear winter .. and if that happens we are all in it together .. and there is no way i would eat my stored food whilst others starved ..

Don't worry about that, think about this, you can still collect a storage of food and when the time comes you can still help others by giving needy people some of your food if you want.

But in times like these it is wise to stock some food. What's really nutty is the way that our Gov's are acting. Our reaction of stocking up on food is just a normal response to an abnormal situation.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #19
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

@ gwynned:
I couldn't agree with you more.
Here in Europe we aren't that afraid of communism as some folks in the US.
We've seen it from very near by.
But the way it was practiced was again to keep the man in the street quiet while the ones on top like Chouchescou (of Romania) became billionaires living in golden palaces.
I am very impressed by ao Hugo Chavez who has the guts to stand up against the US and say: We'll spend our money our way and started schooling programs and healthinsurance for young and old.
Great hand for this man.

Last edited by Peer; 10-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #20
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Nicolae Ceauşescu of Romania, Is that the one you are speaking about? Peer?

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

yes.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #22
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Aside from that stuff though, it just doesn't feel right to know in my godlike wisdom I have been hoarding/storing food for months/years to prepare for a coming emergency that I'm so determined is going to occur. And everybody else who is naive and/or stupid to not have been living in such awareness can all starve around me because they did not prepare.

Yeah, that sounds like a great attitude. Sounds like a world I want to live in :\
Yep... that's really how I feel too. It doesn't sound like the right brand of 'enlightenment' to me or spiritual awakening that so many are feeling.

I can't believe that in the end , spiritual awakening will boil down to 'You either bought the heinz beans, or you didn't'.

Actually, since I've reawakened my dedication to thinking about how am I going to be among people if there is a crisis and not to thinking how will I isolate myself from the crisis, I feel my fear of possible happenings has subsided.

Yep, agree with Myra that I can console myself that being prepared and having some food in the larder is a great way of helping others if/when the time comes. That's the only way it makes sense. 'Preparing' in secret for a time of haves and have nots feels a bit like we're just not doing our spiritual duty. To me.

And talk of anarchy and people robbing and looting... yeah, that could happen, but what about the laws of attraction? Do we really want to imagine that scenario as we prepare? (I'd better buy a couple of 'stingers' for the end of my road then... )

We could imagine instead, as Lythocrist says, that there is plenty of food around to eat and people help each other to find and forage. We have to make the jump to lightspeed mentally that people won't turn on each other... or we're contributing to that paradigm happening. Well, it's a thought....

P.S. As for stonehenge, there were a whole bunch of rooks or jackdaws on it (at least three or four pairs) and it was quite misty. They seemed pretty happy with the fact that people couldn't get near the stones....Smug I call it
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 AM   #23
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

well i was just posting something I thought you might injoy , personaly I dont want to stare at the sun eat roaches or be starving or watching people i love starve try going a few days with out eating see if you like it , and go through your normal work day! dont just sit around soon youll want some REAL food and do anything to get it
. lol
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #24
zorgon

Quote:
Yup... got a years supply... a plot of land and neighbors one who has chickens and shares his eggs (right downtown Las Vegas)

Most important... have a supply of seeds

NWO? Bring it on baby... my swords are sharp, my crossbows well oiled

Got a loom to make cloth, and a mobile tent city with all the comforts...

Anyone wanna join my Kingdom?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #25
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi DaveFLA73, (and everyone else)this is Kimmie from the Florida Ground Crew,

Dave, Thanks for starting this thread....aren't you amazed at how many diffrent views there can be to an issue?? I am!! I think it all comes down to where those who are posting on here "are at in their lives'.

I'm getting close to retirement age, now have 4 adult children and 4 grandsons under 11 years old. I remember being a single mom years back and trying to get by feeding young children when money was tight. As parents we (at least I) tried to keep day to day life as normal as possible for my babies, even if I was struggling.

So my point is this: I think that we middle aged people (40-60's) have grown up listening to our parents and grandparents telling stories about the Great depression, and to always be prepared, since there are no guarantees what tommorrow might bring, We've been taught to not waste things (food or otherwise) and have grown comfortable living by these guidelines. Most of us in this age group have children we are providing for or grandchildren we want to see provided for, and for that reason we seem to always pic up extras (food and things) "that the babies might enjoy/need".

For this reason we would be the ones to "Hoard/stock pile/fill the cabinets" as some of you have said. It will be a joy to know we have something to offer should it be needed by our loved ones or strangers. ON the other hand.... two of my four (adult)children are single/without children and they live the life some of you are speaking about. They buy food as the mood strikes them, it's odd for them to do a "weeks shopping", and they eat with an attitude that it is a pleasure and not a physical need to survive. Yet both of the two younger girls will often come to visit at meal time, ask what's cookin' and be thankful their mom is a good cook. They often go home with leftovers and it does my heart good to have it to offer.

We all look at this issue from our own point of reference, and will cope with the changes this world goes through in our own way, some of us are providers and some of us are free spirits, I love both types of people in my life.

Thanks again, for starting the thread, Dave....see you on the Florida Ground Crew!! My door will always be open to anyone who need my help in any way ... no questions asked. Bye Ya'll, Kimmie
Kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote