Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Electura
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fluoride Filters

Can anyone recommend a good filter to remove fluoride from our water supply? I have been looking for a whole house filter that wont break the bank. Some seem outrageous, and with no reviews, I'm scared to spend the money. Also, how much fluoride does the skin absorb when showering in it? Perhaps I should just get a sink side filter instead?
Electura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fluoride Filters

This is such a controversial subject.
I've been looking into this for years, there is only one answer...you get your own well bored and put your house on a private supply.
Better still if you're renting, just rent a house that already has this facility.
Plenty like this in Ireland but perhaps not elsewhere...especially not the UK.

The only other way is to distill the water. Other standard filtration methods will NOT remove the fluoride which is added in the form of fluorosilicic acid.
Standard filtration is for removal of bacteria.
ie reverse osmosis, ultraviolet etc.

You will rapidly find that it is quite simply not practical to do this via conventional means, no matter what anyone says otherwise, hence my advice to simply get a house with a private supply to begin with.

NB: Not all areas of the UK or Ireland or the US have added fluoride. These areas are just fine.

Check up on the different forms of fluoride, some are quite harmless eg- calcium fluoride. It's the industrial toxic waste that is added in some areas which needs worrying about.
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Sodium fluoride is the main one to worry about.
A link here on methods of filtering-don't know if it helps?
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemis...vefluoride.htm

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 11-15-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
Sodium fluoride is the main one to worry about.
Fluorosilicic acid is the one to worry about as per my post here and several others in the forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexafluorosilicic_acid

That is what's added to water supplies.

"Hexafluorosilicic acid releases hydrogen fluoride when evaporated, so it has similar risks. It is corrosive and may cause fluoride poisoning; inhalation of the vapors may cause lung edema. Like hydrogen fluoride, it attacks glass and stoneware."

Note the mention of hydrogen fluoride there.
Now look at this-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin_gas

"Production of Sarin is extremely dangerous given its inherent toxicity, as well as the fact that the flouride ion is also extremely corrosive to the manufacturing equipment itself. Therefore in early synthesis and production, injurious leaks and accidents were commonplace."

Sodium fluoride is also toxic, but nowhere near as nasty as the stuff added to your water supply. Sodium fluoride is found in toothpaste and also in rat poison.

"Sodium fluoride is classed as toxic by both inhalation and ingestion.[7] In high enough doses, it has been shown to affect the heart and circulatory system, and the lethal dose for a 70 kg human is estimated at 5–10 g"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_fluoride

Lastly there are naturally occuring fluorides such as calcium fluoride. Also known as fluorspar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_fluoride

You will find this in mineral water all around the world, it's relatively harmless and your body can deal with it.

Sodium fluoride however is quite toxic and as for Hexafluorosilicic acid...well lets just say it's on a par with Sarin gas and you sure as hell don't want any of that around.

I hope I've been clear here and I hope plenty see this and understand.

Last edited by AndyH; 11-15-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
Electura
Avalon Senior Member

I looked at the prices in the U.S. for drilling a well, and it is 7000 to 10000 dollars! Ugh! The filters I was looking at are around 2000 for the whole house here is the link: http://www.purewateressentials.com/s...e-filters.html

Then there is this one: http://www.equinox-products.com/FluorideMaster.htm
700 bucks...not as steep a price. I just really want to know if anyone has tried these and if they are worth it?

It is horrible that they are poisoning our main water supply like this...our water smells very chemically...so it makes me even more uneasy about bathing in it...let alone drinking the stuff. I have a 10 month old baby, and would like to try and keep fluoride out of her diet. I can control what she eats (she gets as much organic as I can find). Unfortunately having a heck of a time finding a way to get the fluoride out of the water. Really upsetting what is allowed to be put in our food, water and vaccines...most folks don't know or care about it. But I have seen even my own mother suffering from the first signs of fluoride poisoning. Her teeth have white spots, and are yellowing...her bones are brittle...she has arthritis ever where it seems, and she is only in her 50s. Her doctor thinks it is osteoporosis...and the medication he prescribed her has sodium fluoride in it. Disgusting. I wonder how many people are feeling the effects of fluoride and just mark it up as getting old?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electura View Post
I looked at the prices in the U.S. for drilling a well, and it is 7000 to 10000 dollars! Ugh! The filters I was looking at are around 2000 for the whole house here is the link: http://www.purewateressentials.com/s...e-filters.html

700 bucks...not as steep a price. I just really want to know if anyone has tried these and if they are worth it?

It is horrible that they are poisoning our main water supply like this...our water smells very chemically...so it makes me even more uneasy about bathing in it...let alone drinking the stuff. I have a 10 month old baby, and would like to try and keep fluoride out of her diet. I can control what she eats (she gets as much organic as I can find). Unfortunately having a heck of a time finding a way to get the fluoride out of the water. Really upsetting what is allowed to be put in our food, water and vaccines...most folks don't know or care about it. But I have seen even my own mother suffering from the first signs of fluoride poisoning. Her teeth have white spots, and are yellowing...her bones are brittle...she has arthritis ever where it seems, and she is only in her 50s. Her doctor thinks it is osteoporosis...and the medication he prescribed her has sodium fluoride in it. Disgusting. I wonder how many people are feeling the effects of fluoride and just mark it up as getting old?
Find out if your water is actually fluoridated first.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I came very close to putting a heavy duty magnet around the main intake pipe, but was not sure if it would pull out the fluoride, which I don't think is a metal.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

MMS: Water Purification and Fluoride Removal

Quote:
To Purify Water (including tap water): One drop of MMS in one gallon of water (with appropriate amount of activator) will remove fluoride, heavy metals, and pathogens from the water. The water will be odor free and drinkable within two or three minutes after mixing.

This drinking water has no health benefits except that heavy metals and bacteria were removed from the water. The gas sacrifices itself and reverts to become a few molecules of water. The gas disappears. JH

Further Notes: In an emergency if you don't have an activator available, you can add inactivated MMS at night and let it sit overnight. The water will activate the MMS slowly over several hours. Again, only 1 drop of MMS per gallon for drinking water is necessary.

For washing fruits and vegetables, use 50 drops of MMS per gallon of water and 250 drops (3 teaspoons) of 10% citric acid solution. Be sure to mix them in a separate, clean glass and wait 3 minutes before putting into the gallon of water. Place the vegetables in the sink, pour the gallon of activated MMS water over them and let sit for a few minutes. Rinse well. This should remove bacteria and help extend the life a little longer.

We emphasize the use of an activator, primarily 10% citric acid solution. If you don't activate the MMS as guided, you will not get the results you want.
For more information on using MMS start here on Page 2 of the Miracle Mineral Supplement Thread, Post #33 by peaceandlove: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...?t=4781&page=2

I have posted many of the protocols and safe usage instructions throughout the pages after that. Just look for my avatar of the correct-side-up peace sign as you scroll along. Or check out more information here:

FREE Download of Part 1 of Jim Humble's book at authorized website below:

http://www.mmsmiracle.com/hereforhealing Low cost shipping rates, including worldwide. One bottle (including activator kit) in dark containers will probably last a year. Keep in refrigerator to prolong storage life.

~ Click on ABOUT MMS at and scroll to near bottom for link to FREE Download and more information regarding the use of MMS.

MMS Professional™ and Miracle Mineral Solution, Professional Grade™ are registered trademarks of PGL International, LLC. MMS Professional™ is the only professional grade MMS on the market, manufactured by an FDA certified GMP compliant Nutraceutical company and packaged with the utmost attention to safety and quality. Look for the MMS Professional™ label when using MMS or recommending this product to your clients or customers.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-16-2008 at 11:18 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Is MMS better than bleach?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

lol.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
lol.
I know, I know, but it smells like bleach
Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #12
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

I wasn't laughing at your post
Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

you can use an attachment on your showerhead
and, i think, they may cost $30
(and, you change it, about once a year)

the keosan/free energy water purifer
it gets out fluoride
www.rgarden.net/workingwonders

i never thought, of putting a unit
on a whole house - however, i would
if i knew, i was staying in a house

if the earth stopped moving...wouldn't everything built on it fall down, as, we move pretty quick

love/susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #14
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

2 posts advertising in the same thread! Wonders will never cease lol!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:13 AM   #15
tmichael
Avalon Senior Member

Berkey Water Filtration Systems have an add-on fluoride filter that is efficient. This is a gravity water filtration that is portable and reasonably priced. In my opinion, all drinking water should be properly filtered or distilled.
http://berkeywater.com/start.main.html
tmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #16
Electura
Avalon Senior Member

My water has fluoride. The water company sends us a yearly print out of what is in the water. (Which is nice). Thank you for sharing the sites...I definitely like the sound of the shower head...and the Berkley filter...sounds more in my price range...lol.

Last edited by Electura; 11-16-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 AM   #17
Greg222
Avalon Senior Member

You can purchase a separate, gravity-fed water purifier manufactured by BERKEY or DOULTON and purchase separate, add-on fluoride filters. You can use this for your drinking water PLUS you will have a great mechanism for purifying river, lake, stream or mud puddle water in case of an emergency. They remove 99.9% of parasites and other 'bugs', so they make great emergency water sources.
Greg222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
My water has fluoride. The water company sends us a yearly print out of what is in the water. (Which is nice). Thank you for sharing the sites...I definitely like the sound of the shower head...and the Berkley filter...sounds more in my price range...lol.
That IS nice. In many states the water companies aren't required to let their customers know what's in the water, content-wise. Meaning they might tell you what's IN the water but not in what quantities....
371 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter, fluoride, poison, water