Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #101
warngen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dear Captain of this Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
New strategy?

How about this for a new strategy?

Tell everyone here who you really are...
I agree.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #102
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Disappearing threads?

Thanks for your address Mary Lou, and I am indeed sorry to hear that the mod family has lost a member, but I must say that I agree w/ TranceAm on some level, although TA, your post is pretty antagonizing.

Personally I have just about lost interest, but I think this issue has the possibility to be very harmful to the entire PA community.

I'm now almost certain that this is the result of something mundane and likely a private matter concerning the mod family.

However Simon was the one who made this public and is at least somewhat responsible for all the fervor that has resulted.

I know that this sounds like a childish request, but I think that in order for this public controversy to be put to rest, I think a mod must explain why Simon quit exactly.

I'm sorry for contributing to the controversy but this is how I feel.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 AM   #103
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
TA, your post is pretty antagonizing.
Sorry if I have that effect... But what you see is what you get with me. And what you get is the unfiltered output of my mind as a reaction to what I read.
I do not wrap words in candycotton to make them more to the pallet of the general public..

Last edited by TranceAm; 10-31-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:31 AM   #104
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

No cotton candy necessary TA (not palletable anyway imo), just some discretion.

Antagonization is rarely as productive as simple honest questions.
Unless you're looking for a fight.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #105
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
No cotton candy necessary TA (not palletable anyway imo), just some discretion.

Antagonization is rarely as productive as simple honest questions.
Unless you're looking for a fight.
Honest questions after observation... I would call that a fight for the truth for sure.
And if such questions and observations are considered 'antagonizing', who's side can't stand antagonising? Good or Bad?

And it seems the truth in this case is out there based on the observation that some claim to know it. And in this forum we "share" truth, correct?

Just observations, Conclusions based on interpretations of said observations, and then more questions to define the truth even closer.
And then we can drop this case, and just go on to more important things.

Last edited by TranceAm; 10-31-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #106
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

I read the WHOLE thread in question and followed the links it contained and I can see why some people might not want its contents viewed by all the members but deleting it in my view was the wrong thing to do in an open forum especially as the reason given ie. 'an internal mod issue' does not quite cover all the issues raised by it.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #107
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all.

It would be nice if many of the people posting here could not be so disrespectful and distrusting of my moderator colleagues - some of whom have been with Simon here from the start and are not happy right now. It is easier for me to remain unaffected by this since there is less history for me. In the short time I did know Simon, he earned my trust and respect. Bit of a shame I didn't get the chance to say it in our moderator place.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceAm
So why did he leave, and why with this cryptic goodbye message?
Simon needs to answer that if he wants - personally I don't know definitively and so I won't. The end.

To address the cryptic issue from my perspective. Sometimes when a decision is made, it is carried out in haste, and this is what I think happened here. His leaving message here was only cryptic if that is how you chose to interpret it. The decision to resign is always a hard one - brevity of speech is common - sometimes accompanied by drama of the moment, ie: - sticky post, somewhat cryptic short message.
]

Moving swiftly on to the other issue that we see catalyzed by this situation. Conspiracies.

From time to time, as has happened and will happen, some of us might mistakes and bad judgments. The mods try their hardest. It is a stressful job for those who are drawn to spend many selfless hours doing it. Please forgive them when that happens. It makes it easier for the Mods to forgive themselves and move on.

Each action we take as moderators is being scrutinized by many people here for signs of impurity of motive.

Almost all sections of Avalon are tinderboxes for any spark of conspiracy! Especially since it seems there are provocateurs/miscreants who frequent this board deliberately to fan the flames, or perhaps less wise posters who don't research and are quick to speculate in a flame fanning way. Most of the time the worst that happens is the thread gets moved. Not deleted.

You have all seen this pattern. It is a karmic pattern and must repeat until the lesson is learned. Sad for all of us.

For those who do not trust everything - including this post! Excellent work. You are heroes. Keep looking for the truth. I sincerely respect the effort and the diligence. Test everything in your heart - there is NO OTHER WAY. I believe that was the core message in Simon's post anyway.

In doing this though, and I will repeat because it is important: please don't be overly disrespectful to people who are working very hard to keep this place orderly and as closely in line with the original Avalon Vision that was initiated/manifested by Bill and Kerry.

Finally - especially for those of you who are awakening to the knowledge of how to do it - please strive keep up the positivity and vibrational level. Positivity is continually ever so much needed in this world. This is my truth that I offer you, if you want it: the love and the light of the one infinite creator, however you choose to personify it, is what is needed for all us in great abundance right now. Sorry if that statement does not sit well with some of you - reject it at your option, that is your right. I offer it to you and this forum with every amount of love energy I can muster for those that resonate with it.

Bless you all.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 10-31-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling :!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #108
warngen
Avalon Senior Member

I just have one simple question.
What persuaded Simon to abruptly and suddenly quit?
With all of the brain power within the moderation team, along with some people that were close and knew Simon, there has to be someone that knows the answer.......
Old 10-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #109
StarSeed1947
Avalon Senior Member

My video is finally up under the Contactee's thread. It is an hour long.
It's just my own personal story of what I believe to be true.
Love, Linda
Old 10-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #110
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Dear Captain of this Ship

Hi Zorgon,

I am Stephen John Richard Allen, or am I?

I live in a town near to Recife in Brazil, or do I?

I am a music producer and consultant in my real life, or am I?

I go to my small farm every weekend to chill out, or do I?

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter if we say who we really are, where we are, what we do etc. because it is up to the reader to beleive or not what is being keystroked.

Some people, like me are not afraid, or even bothered to be quite honest, if people know who they are. Others, on the other hand could be in a situation that they can't say who they are, or just prefer not to say (after all, what will the neighbours say?).

I think we just need to accept that people are who they say they are and leave it at that. Those that choose to 'reveal' their true ID can, those that prefer not to, don't have to. The important thing is that the information and ideas being swapped are interesting and important to us all.

As for others who are fearing a some sort of conspiracy here in the forum, you can all calm down. No conspiracy here.

But as I stated in a previous post, all of us are tracked were we go on the internet anyway, it has almost always been like that. Check out your 'cookie' folder and your 'temporary internet files' folder on your computer. And that's not to mention the whole host of spyware, keyloggers, trojans, the list is endless.....

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
New strategy?

How about this for a new strategy?

Tell everyone here who you really are...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 AM   #111
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Disappearing threads?

I have a quote, I live by:

Life is a never ending quest finding out what is true and what not.
Every human has to answer to every claim: "Prove it"
to be able to verify the proof in order to validate the claim.
Unless that process is followed, every claim is nothing more then an attempt to gain
followers.

I know a quote I trust: "Question Authority - Descartes".

I know Jack Nickelson’s infamous line “You want the truth, you cannot handle the truth”

Edit WIth all respect due to the hard work of the Moderators.:

Quote:
Simons thread has been taken off for a 'review' under request of Bill.
Quote:
The "Simon" thread was removed because it had served it's purpose
Quote:
I, Mary Lou, and other Staff here KNOW what is going on here and these 'someones' do not.
Quote:
Most of the time the worst that happens is the thread gets moved. Not deleted.

Last edited by TranceAm; 11-01-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:41 AM   #112
warngen
Avalon Senior Member

Bleep maybe on a little....
High Definition
Old 11-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #113
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

TranceAm: I suppose, that you see these statements as inconsistent? They are not.

A..
Old 11-01-2008, 04:31 AM   #114
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Disappearing threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
TranceAm: I suppose, that you see these statements as inconsistent? They are not.

A..
Nono Anchor (And other mods.), There is a line of continuity where these statements are consistent. (Hierarchy of information streams for example.)
That is not the/my problem.

The problem is that the Why as motivation for all what happened in these last couple of days by all that were participating by actions and postings/reply's isn't revealed.
Now I can see a scenario where Simon is smirking in the basement about what havoc he has created among the people that trusted/love/respected him.
But I can't see in that scenario that the mods have no better answer or strategy then dropping the hot potato as fast as possible by deleting the thread, and giving him or his claim (Not all is as it appears at Avalon.) a shadow of doubt by the actions as seen.
The only other offered alternative is faith like in a religion with guilt for being a probable trouble maker if you keep questioning until you reach the bottom .The Latter with a reasonable appearing punishment of a ban (Trouble Maker!) from logging in, that would appear to the reader as a voluntary stop of posting and visiting of Avalon..

As analog: A Government would claim that I am not Patriotic and thus one of "them", to have me disapear in Nacht und Nebel.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #115
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

@TranceAm: Ah good.

Well I hope Bill's post here clears some of that up for you

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...13&postcount=9

A..
Old 11-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #116
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone mind if I close this thread ?
Old 11-01-2008, 04:56 AM   #117
Norval
Banned

Not at all, we all are used to that, , , ,
Old 11-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #118
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
Not at all, we all are used to that, , , ,
Ha ha, but I said close - that doesn't happen too much

But we now have two threads on the same subject.

Go here: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6504

A..
Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 AM   #119
Proletariat
Avalon Senior Member

Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 AM   #120
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Ha ha, but I said close - that doesn't happen too much

But we now have two threads on the same subject.

Go here: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6504

A..
AH, You beat me to the punch line..

Bill Ryans Post explains a lot..

You can close this one.. No hard feelings I hope.

Dear Friend:

Many thanks for your message. We're just looking into what happened here with that thread. Simon deleted it when he resigned as a moderator. As the originator of the thread, he's technically able to do that.

Unfortunately, he took away other people's replies as well.

It is crystal clear to me that this is unethical and irresponsible. Simon threw a tantrum. His action was immature. We do NOT know what specifically triggered this.

One does NOT delete other people's words and thoughts and feelings just because one has a personal issue in a different area (as Simon did, because he disagreed with the style of moderation that Kerry and I wanted to see: less thoughtless policing and more intelligent dialog with members, even if that was a hassle and took more time).

But while that was the general issue troubling him, Simon was suddenly greatly angered by someone or something and we do not know what it is. He is not telling.

We sympathize with anyone under stress, and who is upset, but we all have our responsibility and he will not be returning here to this forum as a moderator.

I am very sorry that this has happened. I personally apologize to all members. I do not know if the threads can be restored.

There is no malice here... just dumb human weakness. None of us are immune. The test of all of us is to respond with dignity, intelligence and responsibility even when irritated and angered (as I am now).

I ask all members to do that when they post. It's sometimes easy to be spiteful. It's sometimes hard to be honest. (And honesty begins with what's going on with each of us personally... not the other guy.)

Having said all this, I support Kate's comments above. The Original Poster made a range of general accusations which are unhelpful in the assumptions that were made. A PM would have been more appropriate. Spreading drama is not helpful. It is (by definition) off-topic.

To summarize: none of the moderators are bad people. Some of them have been under a lot of pressure. They have been working incredibly hard. I am extremely grateful for the work they have all done. It's very easy to criticize when one is not doing their work. But all of us, myself included, always need to reach inside us to find our best, especially in these times.

Very best wishes, Bill

Last edited by TranceAm; 11-01-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #121
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

@Proletariat:

Ok, this thread is closing now, please go here: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6504

A..
Closed Thread