Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
orb
Avalon Senior Member

Default Be More Anonymous, and The Project Too

I saw a few posts from FlyingPyramid in regards to censorship, so thought I would post this.

First as a side note, I think that there should be a digital key accessible only to Bill and Kerry for their email program(s) in GNUPG, and the PGP, and the Thawte personal trust system which is free. The public digital key should be posted on their website(s) for download, and placed in key exchanges. This allows for first time contact in a more secure manner. That form mailer should be disabled, and is simply a bad idea, convenient, but bad if for example server security is compromised or shared with other companies.

Are you also worried about coming this site, and that your IP is being monitored? Use the Tor Anonymizer Project. It is very difficult to break and to find your IP, and it would possibly cost thousands and thousands to be located if you configure your browser properly.

Second, I would like to remind people that you can use the SSL URL for the forums to have a secure connection from the forum server to your computer when on these forums. You need to trust the uncertified certificate, this is normal.

Now, if you are worried about censorship and putting a web page out there on the Internet to other web surfers without revealing your personal IP address, as in not being served from one computer, check up on the http://freenetproject.org/ It might be exactly what you need.

The big picture.

If you want to release information in a public way, such as the plans to an advanced new engine or technology, or insider document, the best way is in plain sight. You could take a large photo for example, and encode your document into that photo with a password using steganography. Basically colored pixels of a photograph is manipulated to store small files inside. Then that file is duplicated with all kinds of random file names to placed into free file storage and serving systems such as gmail and skydrive.

A url is sent or posted on a forum for example, separately or as part of an index document, with the password and the program used for the process. Project Avalon could even have a program of choice that is common knowledge and free. So as the user views the file, they already now have it now on their computer. They simply save and open it with the right program and to view.

People might say, this is alot of work, and that is true. However these are tools that if we do not use, we might lose the ability to do so. Second, to have a process of tight and secret communication might be needed some day, and to bring people up to speed all at once would take longer then might be needed.

So Project Avalon for examply, could start releasing their documents stored inside photos and get people used to the process. And then random visitor just see photos that is supposed to be special drawing, and unless they take the time to find out what program to use, and the password, etc., to get the document they never see the document. This makes it very hard for outside authorities to censor information, how do you demonstrate to a ISP that this beautiful photo of a cactus actually has plans for a free energy machine inside, and then the ISP says, what? See it makes it harder to have people shut down, because on the surface it all looks peachy.

http://www.topology.org/soft/crypto.html
ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/steganographic/

If anyone needs help or pointers post here and I will try to help if possible.

Last edited by orb; 12-02-2008 at 10:19 PM.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Be More Anonymous, and The Project Too

PGP?, well, the only version i would ever use is the dos version made public 1 month prior to the programmer going to jail. Would not touch any others as you can get or used to get code hackers for them.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote