Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
gwangsun
Avalon Senior Member

Default Are people losing interest?

I noticed over the past couple of days less and less posting and people logged into Project Avalon forums. What could be causing this?

I have noticed though alot of threads forecasting possible events that lately have not been turning out. I figure it could be one of two possibilities

1. Things are just not happening for various reasons we don't know.
or
2. The PTB are monitoring whats being spoken about on the net and are making sure events are not easily predicted and are purposely manipulating things so that those who are trying to foretell lose credibility.

What do you think?
gwangsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 AM   #2
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada
Default Re: Are people losing interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwangsun View Post
I noticed over the past couple of days less and less posting and people logged into Project Avalon forums. What could be causing this?

I have noticed though alot of threads forecasting possible events that lately have not been turning out. I figure it could be one of two possibilities

or
2. The PTB are monitoring whats being spoken about on the net and are making sure events are not easily predicted and are purposely manipulating things so that those who are trying to foretell lose credibility.

What do you think?

A time of reflection and a chance to do the inner work

I am sure things will heat up again.
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 AM   #3
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I figure it could be one of two possibilities

or
2. The PTB are monitoring whats being spoken about on the net and are...purposely manipulating things so that those who are trying to foretell lose credibility.

What do you think?
I think people like vicarious drama. I think people would rather talk than act. And I think people who hang on various predictions are foolish.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
Myplanet2
In The Mists

both of those ideas crossed my mind as well.

It seems there may be shifting going on, back and forth.

And the PTB would definitely pull that kind of operation of leaking advance warning of a planned event with the intention of aborting the event and discrediting those who picked up the intention and broadcast it.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:21 AM   #5
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps it is the banal repetition of fear based doom and gloom concepts posted for the sake of further dividing and causing immature mud slinging?

So many speak from their soap box. Swelling in their ego.

We are all in different places. But we are never gonna get ANYWHERE as a species unless we all just start listening to OURSELVES before anything (or one) else.

I don't want or need a fight to make me feel secure in my knowledge. If I come across something that causes a shift within I discern and change as needed. End of story.

It is mind numbing to me how much of a fight people put up over the notion of even the slightest change. Which is fine, if you hate change, or FEAR it, great. But I am soooooooooo over reading about it.

But I read anyway.. because there is usually a gem or two lost in the pile of ego ridden goo.

Loving all of you (even f I don't like you all, sometimes),
C

Last edited by conjuredUp; 10-29-2008 at 03:24 AM.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 AM   #6
Patchjacket
Avalon Senior Member

The adrenalin junkies who thrive on excitement may have burned out for the moment. There is no "breaking story" or urgency to feed the need. Or perhaps they took the run-for-the-hills advice and are living off the grid in some remote outpost.
I believe that they will be back along with the media's exagerated headlines and the coming election results.
Patchjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #7
Tuza

There are a few people I have noticed that been missing for a while now but were here at the beginning of the forum and seemed to exude a lot of enthusiasm. I won't mention the names but I am wondering what is wrong and feel that there is -

"a disturbance in the force Luke".
Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 AM   #8
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

I got a simple answer for this one. It's started.

As of lately I've been thirsting for some spiritual knowledge you could say from materialist sources, which sounds awfully counterproductive, but there's a balance in it, yes.

Anyways, things are happening on all levels. Some people have left the boards, because they've left society! I have been on the phone more this week than I have in months. I have been thoroughly engaged in discussion at school, on Avalon, with my friends. I have done more 'inspiring' this week than any other. I've been averaging I'd say 3-4 people a day (As in, hey I'm gonna go home and check in to that. I like what you have to say.).

So buckle your seat belts, enjoy that lovely drive thru at McDs one last time (hahaha), and get read to hit the open road. It may be a bumpy ride with high gas prices, but at least we got our friends in the car and Tom Petty to crank out loud to sing along with.

"Life is a highway..." :-p
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:46 AM   #9
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Things are different since avalon first started, and moving faster every day.

Its been super busy...no time for chatting as much. Just stay focused on the tasks at hand! Disturbance in the force...ha that an understatement if I ever heard one...hold on tight.

Never give up!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 AM   #10
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchjacket View Post
The adrenalin junkies who thrive on excitement may have burned out for the moment. There is no "breaking story" or urgency to feed the need. Or perhaps they took the run-for-the-hills advice and are living off the grid in some remote outpost.
I believe that they will be back along with the media's exagerated headlines and the coming election results.

I agree with this. Look up when the forum had the most people on here at once. (Oct 14) everyone was pumped that day!

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:55 AM   #11
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Are people losing interest?
Some.

Avalon is no longer a new phenomena. Its first storm surge of interest is over. Lots of information that only needs sharing once, has been shared.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #12
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE

well if you go here---> http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/index.php
you will see there are alot of people on line now.. Currently Active Users: 1132 (361 members and 771 guests)
some people like to lurk and not post.. maybe they are shy..
or nothing going on?
this is the page I go to when coming here see New Posts link top tool bar for the forum
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...earchid=662458

Last edited by MAP; 10-29-2008 at 04:00 AM.
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 AM   #13
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I think people are losing interest. I figure that it's a bit like when you discover a "new" taste sensation.
The first experience has you craving for more. Then after a few days, when the novelty has worn off, you lose the desire to consume it every day and finish up after a while forgetting about it completely.

Humans are funny people - aren't we?
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:16 AM   #14
seekur3
Avalon Senior Member

Personally, I was feeling too dependent on the this & a few other sites & decided I needed to move my procrastinating butt & DO instead of talk (I don’t post alot anyway). I also felt the need for some inner space time, to hear my voice on what I need to do at this particular time, & was sending that thought to others here. As for the majority of avaloners, I can only surmise some of them lost interest (knowing how many are american & I know our limited attention span), some are actually in transition & others are out there gettin’ busy. I also think some spies are regrouping now too.
seekur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:20 AM   #15
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

What we've all just been through was a heart pounding edge of your seat, couldn't put down the book experience...

I think everyone is exhausted and catching their breath while they get ready.

Now we are sitting in the eye of the storm...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #16
Shikasta
Avalon Senior Member

Not 'gone away', just watching and being more discerning about when and where I post to. Often if I wait a little while someone will post what I was thinking/experiencing about a particular thread.

There is still much beauty and nourishment to be had trawling the 'New Posts', such as the 'How are you all feeling...are you depressed?' thread...what a heart warming time I've just had reading that!!!

Also, a bit of balance arising, getting out and talking to my newly planted veggies, encouraging them to reach up to the light...lol

Perhaps that's why I keep coming back here, I'm a human veggie that likes a bit of encouragement to keep focusing on and reaching for the light. It's here if you look!!

Blessings to all my kindred spirits here,

Graeme
Shikasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #17
zorgon

Quote:
I figure it could be one of two possibilities

or

What do you think?
You forgot..

3. Those that make the predictions do not really know and are just guessing.

And when to many predictions don't happen people lose interest and go elsewhere...

Someone says they used to be part of some secret agency... lets use MJ12 (not to single out anyone, just because of the nature of the entity)

Since the very existance of MJ12 is almost impossible to prove... when someone comes and says "I used to be with them... Now I have something to share..."

Since there is no way to verify said employment... how do we know the person is the real deal?

If his story sounds good and he is a 'pleasant fellow" he is believed on pure faith alone or because he says thing that people want to hear..

If on the other hand he comes across as 'a nutcase' he gets ridiculed

Look what happened with Bob Lazar.. and HE is back at Los Alamos

Why do we so easily believe everything these people say? Why do we hang on ever prediction like its gospel? Why do we make excuses why they were wrong?

Hmmmmm

Last edited by zorgon; 10-29-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #18
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
3. Those that make the predictions do not really know and are just guessing.
Avalon wasnt supposed to be about that sort of thing anyway
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #19
logic
Avalon Senior Member

May be people realizing that this is all big bowl of bs?
That earth has normal rivalries among normal powers.
S. Growth teaches not to fall for things, and
ET's could careless.

Last edited by logic; 10-29-2008 at 07:47 AM.
logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #20
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Avalon wasn't supposed to be about that sort of thing anyway
Yeah well that too is a factor... the confusion about what was what and where to post. It still seems unclear to many...

or they just post without paying attention

Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #21
Dadrious
Avalon Senior Member

I'd rather lurk.
Dadrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #22
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

This is Indian Summer for some and many people who I'm aware of are not posting because they are putting time in getting ready for winter. In addition, this is a time of evening and weekend classes, fundraisers, school activities and events and gearing up for an election. People's lives are busy and quite a few have been working on their preparation lists and networking (actually meeting with fellow Avalonians). Fewer posters generally means busy people. This past weekend was the beginning of daylight savings and I suspect a lot of folks were taking advanage of the light and getting outdoor activities taken care of as well.

Losing interest? More like interest becoming more focused and working toward self-sustainability which is time consuming.

These past two weekends I spent in an aquaponics training with 90 people ready to put up both family and commercial systems. We met again tonight to form a Coop of farmers with aquaponics produce. This was a planning meeting. What is happening now with a number of people is that this is the time to network and start working together toward a common goal and larger purpose.

All of us are so busy researching and learning about our next step that internet activity has dropped way down.

People losing interest? I think not. Rather people's interest is growing into another level of manifestation.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #23
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

We have just lived through a month when the long expected financial meltdown was happening before our very eyes. This event has long been heralded as the start of the slide and together with the information from Half Past Human, Bill Deagle and to a lesser extent the Blossom Goodchild story and suddenly this slide had a date attached...we were actually going to have these huge changes happening right now.

There will be those who out of curiosity joined to 'see what all the fuss was about', the sort of person who won't actually admit they believe but all the same want to be on the 'winning side', and those whose beliefs are so shallow that at the first hurdle they think 'I knew it was all a crock'.

Personally I think the important word mentioned many times recently is fear. There was a genuine sense of fear that we were on the verge of troubled times. Fear of the unknown and fear for what were were leaving behind.

I think we will all live through many many false alarms before THE day arrives. I just hope we are not so used to the false alarms by then that we just ignore it.
Artycarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #24
MusicLover

I think its bcuz we had alot of sane intelligent members who were maybe getting annoyed at all the crazy posts claiming to be an alien or a channeler or a telepath or whatever without EVER giving any proof.
At least ats makes you give a source if you are gonna make a claim.I was really happy this forum was created but now I really feel like this place is full of nutcases and attention seekers.
I come here for information and its like looking for a needle in a haystack here.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #25
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

>

Last edited by dayzero; 11-26-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: bad feeling
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote