Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...reet-View.html

A ghostly figure dressed in Victorian clothes was filmed on Google Street View - before vanishing into thin air.

By Sarah Knapton
Last Updated: 7:50AM GMT 26 Mar 2009

A ghostly figure filmed on Google Street View near Cardiff's Millennium Centre Photo: WALES NEWS
Experts have been called in to examine the Google ghoul filmed at a former Victorian docklands which has a dark and sinister past.

The woman dressed in long skirt, crisp blouse, bow tie, blue boater hat and scarf appears to be shimmering above the pavement.

She was captured by the Google Street View cameras in Tiger Bay, Cardiff - the scene of murders and unsolved mysteries going back 200 years.

The water sculpture seen in the picture is used as the gateway to enter the fictional world of Dr Who spin-off Torchwood.

Local medium Jane Cohen, 39, said: "Apparitions have often been caught on film but are invisible to the naked eye. "This woman is very smart - but she is dressed in clothes that you just don't see these days unless it's in a period drama on TV.

"But what is really strange is that she doesn't appear as a full figure - you can't see all of her."

The old docklands has been redeveloped with a theatre, waterside restaurants and plush apartments.

But local historians say the woman was filmed in the heart of the notorious Tiger Bay - once the busiest sea port in the world.

The image was filmed last June as the Google cameras filmed the streets and landmarks of the Welsh capital.

The Google cameras have also captured a spooky ET alien figure in New Jersey, United States.

Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #2
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View

A photo of an eerie figure peering from the window of a ruined fortress has experts puzzled. The shot, captured last year at Tantallon Castle in Scotland, appears to show a rather stern-looking person wearing fifteenth century dress. Ghost skeptic Richard Wiseman is baffled, as the castle is "not the sort of place that has dummies or costumed guides," and the photographer claims no one was present when the picture was taken. More at The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2343015.ece
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

cool, keep the ghost pics coming!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:32 AM   #4
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Just for you Dan

Old 03-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #6
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

In Doctor Who and Torchwood mythos, there is a time rift running through the center of Cardiff, the heart of which is by the water fall tower (which Torchwood Hub is under). Maybe there is a real time rift?
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #7
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

The origin and date of the photo are unknown. Purchased the photo at a garage sale in Oregon about 15 years ago. It has always given me the creeps. It has not been altered in any way [close-ups are provided below the main

I found these on Coast to Coast images Creepy
Old 03-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Saw a ghost once when I was 17. Nearly soiled myself.

It was probably mental conditioning. Other people told me stories of seeing ghosts and my mind expected to see something and I did, which sent chills up my spine, leaving me paralyzed for a few seconds.

I still believe in seeing spirits.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote