Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > NETHERLANDS

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
arjanbos
Avalon Senior Member

Default More people welcome to set up sustainable community

We are a group of 6 people and we are in the process of setting up a small sustainable community in Germany (close to the border with the Netherlands, Emsland area). We have some beautiful skills onboard (art, organising, healing), and a few are missing at the moment (farming / permaculture, technical). We plan to buy some land with a few houses on short term, build Earthships and grow ecofood. We bought 2 Yurts and want to use them as a place for various (weekend)workshops.

We are spiritually oriented, keeping track of the alternative media, long for living closer to the earth and feel we have to move on short term because of the current turmoil worldwide.

At the moment we organise talks in Groningen: www.oneheart.nu and facilitate an alternative news site: www.willenwijweten.nl

On the Friday the 31st of October we organise an open evening (20.00 in Groningen) and like to welcome anyone who is interested in our plans so we can exchange ideas. We have room for more participants. Please let me know by email so I can give the directions.

Warmest wishes,

Lia, Nynke, Koj, Annet, Peter, Marjolein and Arjan
arjanbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
everready
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: More people welcome to set up sustainable community

Hello to you all!

I defnitely admire your vision and your dedication to your dream. Its not easy to turn a dream in to reality! Pounding tires to build earthship walls requires determination, belief and stamina. After about 20 tyres your arm and back muscles are telliing you its time to have a holiday! And you still have about 700 to go... its important to have 'strong' friends, both physically and spiritually.

Its best to have a group of people around you that you know really well. They will be the ones there to support you when you need it. They will let you cry your tears of frustration when turning the dream into reality is harder than it first seemed. They will gently remind you that you are free to do anything except quit!! They will be your back up plan. They will help you succeed. No one builds dreams by themselves. You need real, motivated people behind you to help it happen!

If I felt free to join you I certainly would, however I have a 12 year old daughter who would never forgive me for making her change schools. She loves her life as it is now. I would have to take a VERY big breath and jump, dragging her with me, to become a part of your dream team!!

I do however wish you the very many blessings with your plan.

" What could be worse that being orn without sight? Being born with sight and no vision." Helen Keller
everready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
martina
Avalon Senior Member

There is a hopeful and important interview with Drunvalo Melchizedek, he says that what ever effort you make from now on to do something in the spiritual way, it will work out.
I have experience with gardening and vegetables and I am looking for a group, but there will be a poleshift and I think we have to go on higher ground.
martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I contacted Arjan but did not get any answer yet.

@ martina: My poleshift detector hasn't shown anything yet so don't stop gardening too soon

btw: You are also welcome to discuss these problematic times on:

http://www.even.nu/forum/index.php

topic "Roerige tijden"

Last edited by Peer; 10-24-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
Madame Dragonfly
Avalon Senior Member

How about building a sustainable community on water? Or at least, preparing something together, that floats. In that way we can all stay where we are living now (like: beneath sealevel) and when the sea rises we can survive at least for a while on water.
I'd like to develop an escape-plan over water with some people away from coastal cities. We could attend a course sea-canoeing or something and buy the canoes and prepare them. So that we know how to find our way over sea, using compass and what to do when people try to grip onto the boat.
Madame Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
martina
Avalon Senior Member

I am thinking of Austria or Switzerland. The magnetic poles are shifting already, before using a compass you must know were the new northpole is.
If people are drowning, I think, there is only one thing you want to do and that is to safe them. I dont think a boat is an option. Only if you feel for it, but I would also have a lots of nets on board with polystyrene foam (piepschuim) in it, you can throw that to people in the water and many people can hold on to that, if the temperature of the water is not to cold. But how long will they keep it up?
martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
Madame Dragonfly
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps we should start to organise at different levels. I mean, this networkingplatform is an international one, which we could connect to similar places at the local level. In that way we share knowledge and good practices and implement them in local groups. Also the idea of somehow recognising other "awakend" people sounds good. Although, of course, the fact that you can't recognise someone would not necessesarily mean that this person sleeps. Perhaps just creating strong local networks with good communication lines to nearby groups would be a first step. We could start by the big cities. The hardest thing is: where to start???
Time for now
Madame Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
arjanbos
Avalon Senior Member

The e-mail in Dutch below went out to everyone who wanted to attend the open evening. In short, we came to the conclusion that a meeting is premature because our wishes and needs were further apart then we wanted to admit to ourselves on forehand. We want to say thanks to everyone and we hope to be in in touch again in the not too distant future.

Warmest wishes,

Arjan

--

Beste geïnteresseerden in ONE Village,

Om maar met de deur in huis te vallen, wij willen de geplande bijeenkomst van vrijdagavond uitstellen. Eerlijkheid gebied ons te zeggen dat na een bezoek aan Duitsland afgelopen weekend enerzijds het enthousiasme over de plek is geluwd en anderzijds onze wensen en behoeften toch verder uit elkaar blijken te liggen dan we in eerste instantie aan onszelf wilden toegeven. We voelen daarom dat het plannen van een bijeenkomst met derden helaas prematuur is.

Het wil niet zeggen dat de plannen van de baan zijn, maar we willen intern eerst naar een nieuwe en gezamenlijk gedragen focus toe groeien.

We vinden het heel jammer dit te moeten mededelen. Wij zullen ons opnieuw melden als wij voelen dat de tijd daar rijp voor is.

Heel hartelijk dank voor de getoonde belangstelling. Het zou fijn zijn als we elkaar ergens in de toekomst kunnen ontmoeten.

Warme groeten van ONE heart,

Lia, Nynke, Koj, Annet, Peter en Arjan
arjanbos is offline   Reply With Quote