Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
Avalon Senior Member

Default What do you think of God?

What's your view on God? Here's my view - God is creation. It is everything. You are all sons and daughters of God. So is your dog, that leaf, that blade of grass, your worst enemy, your best friend. We all just think we are seperate from each other. That's the illusion. Evil exists because of our seperated inferior consiousnesses that have been given the gift of free will. We can choose what we do with "our" own free will. When we join back with God whether after this life or after the next, we will share with God the gift of our learning experiences. Because God is growing and learning too. Free will exists because God wants us to genuinely grow. God could probably create perfect robots if It wanted, but where would be the growth in that? Free will allows us to grow. Free will is worth the risk of evil because it allows us to grow as individuals, and carry back our lessons to God when we are ready. So, what will you choose to do with your free will?
246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What do you think of God?

God is YOU! You are GOD!

You exist within an enviroment that was made so you could ask this question. Why? So that you question it and aim to understand who you really are.

Bad things are there to allow you in the long run to remember that this question gave you a path back to the being you ask of. (may take many life times though

Just remember that even though life may seem bad, it all leads you to the answer and realise that you are following your correct path.

Your life isnt the body but the people you effect and also learn from.

Your not here to evolve for yourself, no! Your here to also effect others and help them and through this you will grow and become the person you aim to be!

This is what God is - learn - understand yourself - help others - love.
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I'm schizophrenic or bi-polar when it comes to the subject of 'God'. I'm sort of the best friend and worst enemy of 'God'. I'm a believer and an unbeliever...simultaneously. I love 'God' and I hate 'God'...simultaneously. I'm not a pantheist or an atheist in the textbook definition sense. Lately, I've been thinking that humans, reptilians, and greys...with variations and derivations...in both physical and spiritual form...reincarnating endlessly...is all we get. I'm also thinking that all 'Gods' and 'Satans' should retire. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...which is why we need organized decentralized power...with rotating authority...so no one particular being is supremely exalted for all eternity. We need to govern ourselves with Constitutional Responsible Freedom...and stop playing 'Star Wars' and 'Masters of the Universe.'

If you really want to hear and see heresy(get it?)...click this link: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15014

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 07-19-2009 at 01:09 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
no caste

Hmm, interesting. This sentence: What do you think of God?

It makes God an object or subject. So, it seems to me it's neither. It's a flow that's everywhere. Photons may have something to do with it. Why I say that is because through light we live in our bodies and find our animation. I think we are spiritual photo-synthesizers! The light is carried in electromagnetic seas & waves, like seeds in the wind. Sometimes a person can find a riptide ... and ride around in consciousness... many teachings...

But I didn't will me to be. So that which did, is God, unless it all just happened

LOVE
Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
fastfillynz
Avalon Senior Member

god is
fastfillynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Swanny
I dont need a label !

not around
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post

It makes God an object or subject. So, it seems to me it's neither. It's a flow that's everywhere. Photons may have something to do with it. Why I say that is because through light we live in our bodies and find our animation. I think we are spiritual photo-synthesizers! The light is carried in electromagnetic seas & waves, like seeds in the wind. Sometimes a person can find a riptide ... and ride around in consciousness... many teachings...

But I didn't will me to be. So that which did, is God, unless it all just happened

LOVE
I enjoyed this post very much! Thank you.

Quote:
god is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
not around

Seems that way...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post

LOVE

In the beginning...God said "{Schroedinger Wave Equation}"...and there was light! And God saw it was GD good!

The subject of theology should be studied...even if you don't believe in God.

Secular Life > Conversion > Religious Life > Disillusionment > Secular Life > Research and Devotion > Secular Spirituality > Nirvana!

Two men were golfing. The first missed his shot...and swore 'GD...I missed!' The second scolded 'God's going to strike you dead if you swear!' The first missed the next shot...and swore 'GD...I missed!' Lightning struck just next to him...and from the clouds they heard 'GD...I missed!'

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 07-31-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
Avalon Senior Member

"God is YOU! You are GOD!

You exist within an enviroment that was made so you could ask this question. Why? So that you question it and aim to understand who you really are.

Bad things are there to allow you in the long run to remember that this question gave you a path back to the being you ask of. (may take many life times though"

-Ya, maybe everyone goes through a stage in one or many of their lifetimes when they ask these questions and evolve back on the path to knowing they are part of God.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

God is the twinkle in MY eye... The bounce in MY step...

The determination in doing a task... The Spirit to lift those

around ME... God, IS the Ability given to Me to help heal

a being on the other side of the world, with the understand

-ing that a death of a close friend is a step forward... Peace.

God, is the TASTE of 'sweetness' in fresh fruit. Cry of a baby.

God, IS what kept ME on this world, when the aircraft I was

flying was destroyed, so I may HELP others in need....

God, is the ' Lesson Plan for MY existence " to learn MY

Lessons without being sent back to the beginning.....

God is 'My ability' that you can see ME 'smile' by reading
these words. And, you smile when I say " Wink."

Trooly,

Tango

Singing..." Just, dancing in the moonlight "......

Last edited by Tango; 07-19-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

. . . whatever you choose to experience it as
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #12
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

I think of god as much as i do santa. Well actually i think of santa more cos of my kids.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Do we mistake idealism and supreme wisdom...as being the being we call 'God'? If we are 'God'...are we also 'Satan'? If so...why so? If not...why not? Does being an atheist imply that you don't believe in life after death...or life after life after life? What is the role of the imagination in answering the question 'What do you think of God?'
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #14
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: What do you think of God?

The Question: "What do you think of god?" ...

Could also be phrased: "Which god do you think of?"

If considered in terms of religions, there are obvious biases which result from the specific religious dogmas. Such dogmas call for the religious adherents to BELIEVE certain ways that are contrary to evidence, to BELIEVE in things that have no basis in Logic, to BELIEVE that their god is 'superior' to that god that others BELIEVE.

Such BELIEFS are at the root-cause of all the Human Misery, Hate, Warfare, and the Over-Population on Earth. Such BELIEFS have divided Humankind into armed camps.

~~~~~

Please consider the following Essay,
Link after the Opening paragraph:::

The Fatal Flaws of Faith and Belief

"All religions rest on the patently illogical, un-provable premise that “what this book says is true because the book says it’s true”. That, unfortunately, is the best that religion has, and ever can offer, as a way of proving it’s God/divine authorship premise, an embarrassingly paltry, painfully childish claim that would be laughed out of any court, as well as any credible institution of higher learning.

"It consequently requires the continuous application of “faith” and “belief” to sustain the promised but perpetually delayed realization, fulfillment and substantiation of its premise and truthfulness. ..."
-- Michael Horn

http://www.theyfly.com/PDF/The%20Fat...of%20Faith.pdf
~~~~~

"Do not seek your well being from those that are false prophets and sect leaders, and the like, (priests, popes, reverends, mullahs, imams, gurus) and who smear stolen honey around your muzzles. Rather, seek your well being from the truthful leaders and by the truthful prophets who say to you the truth with hard, pointed words, and who demand effort from you, and hard adherence to the laws and directives of Creation." --- OM 23:14

http://www.theyfly.com/PDF/The%20God...re%20Human.pdf

~~~~~
Truth must come before Peace
~~~~~

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #15
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

There's a blasphemous rumour suggesting that GOD, the name of the entity worshipped by billions of believers all over the world, originally stood for Gold, Opium, Diamonds. Nowadays this yankee dollar GOD stands for Gold, Oil, Drugs. What do I think of the Illuminati GOD in whom we're supposed to trust & blesses the U. S. of A. on every occasion It's been called upon? Guess what?! No, call it whatever you want, but avoid the word 'God'.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #16
Avalon Senior Member

If considered in terms of religions, there are obvious biases which result from the specific religious dogmas. Such dogmas call for the religious adherents to BELIEVE certain ways that are contrary to evidence, to BELIEVE in things that have no basis in Logic, to BELIEVE that their god is 'superior' to that god that others BELIEVE.

Such BELIEFS are at the root-cause of all the Human Misery, Hate, Warfare, and the Over-Population on Earth. Such BELIEFS have divided Humankind into armed camps.[/SIZE][/FONT]
~~~~~

Please consider the following Essay,
Link after the Opening paragraph:::

The Fatal Flaws of Faith and Belief

"All religions rest on the patently illogical, un-provable premise that “what this book says is true because the book says it’s true”. That, unfortunately, is the best that religion has, and ever can offer, as a way of proving it’s God/divine authorship premise, an embarrassingly paltry, painfully childish claim that would be laughed out of any court, as well as any credible institution of higher learning.

"It consequently requires the continuous application of “faith” and “belief” to sustain the promised but perpetually delayed realization, fulfillment and substantiation of its premise and truthfulness. ..."
-- Michael Horn

http://www.theyfly.com/PDF/The%20Fat...of%20Faith.pdf
~~~~~

"Do not seek your well being from those that are false prophets and sect leaders, and the like, (priests, popes, reverends, mullahs, imams, gurus) and who smear stolen honey around your muzzles. Rather, seek your well being from the truthful leaders and by the truthful prophets who say to you the truth with hard, pointed words, and who demand effort from you, and hard adherence to the laws and directives of Creation." --- OM 23:14

Oh yes, I'm truthful, and have been fighting those who want me to accept things about my own life they know nothing about. You have to find what's true for yourselves individually, and then dont force others to accept what you think is true for them. But still it's all about sharing. That's how we learn. When you say "truth before peace". What does that mean? Your "truth" before peace or theirs?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #17
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: What do you think of God?

To the question: "When you say "truth before peace". What does that mean? Your "truth" before peace or theirs?"

Certainly not MY Truth, nor "THEIR" Truth either. No one owns Truth, and no one has Truth cornered somewhere in their basement.

Truth does not come by "consensus", nor by someone said so-and-so/such-'n-such is true, but these could point you in the right direction.

Truth must be INTERNALIZED from observation, logical thinking, meditation, exploring, seeking, learning for ones' self through ones' own efforts. This will also define "to Know."

I can't hand you Truth, you have to want Truth, and you have to want to get Truth for yourself.

To seek to know what IS True, is to seek without prejudice or preconception that which is real, what reality is, and how reality is manifest.

Knowledge awakens Truth, Truth enlivens the Spirit, Truth may be said to be the real Light of Intelligence.

For there to be true Peace, there must be acceptance of real Truth. Those who continue to live with Falseness, will protect their "territory" with whatever means. Those who live with Truth have nothing to fear or protect.

Truth must come before Peace

Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #18
Avalon Senior Member

"For there to be true Peace, there must be acceptance of real Truth. Those who continue to live with Falseness, will protect their "territory" with whatever means. Those who live with Truth have nothing to fear or protect."

Ya, tell that to people like Dr. King, John Lennon, and the countless millions throughout history who have died at the hands of people who didnt agree with their ideas, ways of life, etc... There is a lot to fear and protect. Including your own truth, what's right for you, as long as it doesnt interfere with others. These days the Governments of the World are not just assasinating those in the public eye who disagree with them, they are doing it to anyone who may have the potential to disagree with them. Just google Gangstalking or Covert Harassment. Thousands are suffering under constant harassment of being labelled criminals when they havent done anything wrong or would never do anything wrong. Because they disagree with the powers that be. Tell them that "Those who live with Truth have nothing to fear or protect." When they're constantly being told they are a murderer, rapist or child molester, when they are none of those things. Yes these mind control victims hear voices that interact with their very thoughts, trying to ruin them body and soul. That's the new secret holocaust. And nobody is doing anything about it except joining in. And I know, because for ten years I've been the victim of this government abuse when I dont even have a criminal record. So I know what I have and havent done and what's true for me and will protect it till the day I die. I will give you an example of what they have done to me. They conragulate me whenever I have a negative thought and insult me whenever I have a positive thought. They disagree with no matter what I think about whether it's true or not. And they do it every waking second. It's only with a tremendous amount of willpower that I've surviived this long, let alone worked while going through it for 7 years. Today it's thousands, tomorrow it will be millions, whether it happens to you or your children. So fight it when you can and stick up for those who know in their hearts what they believe to be true. Because everyone has a right to free speech, free thought, free expression, or so they told us as children.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #19
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: What do you think of God?

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. I had never heard of "Gangstalking" before. That's a new one on me. ... I live now in a gated retirement community on the Nature Coast of Florida, nothing like that happens around here. Before moving here 5-years ago (for proper medical facilities), we lived in the US Virgin Islands 6-years, so have been "out-of-the-loop" on all the gangstas & whazzup BS. Truth may also be expressed with a Shotgun, if you get my drift. Teddy Roosevelt said "speak softly and carry a big stick".

When the student asked the Zen Master: "What is Truth?"
The Zen Master smacked the student with a stick & walked away.

Truth is Courage, Fidelity, and Honest in Character.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 AM   #20
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: What do you think of God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfillynz View Post
god is
A very good dancer
note this is a private joke!

Last edited by giovonni; 07-31-2009 at 05:22 AM.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
Avalon Senior Member

"I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. I had never heard of "Gangstalking" before. That's a new one on me. ... I live now in a gated retirement community on the Nature Coast of Florida, nothing like that happens around here. Before moving here 5-years ago (for proper medical facilities), we lived in the US Virgin Islands 6-years, so have been "out-of-the-loop" on all the gangstas & whazzup BS. Truth may also be expressed with a Shotgun, if you get my drift. Teddy Roosevelt said "speak softly and carry a big stick".

When the student asked the Zen Master: "What is Truth?"
The Zen Master smacked the student with a stick & walked away.

Truth is Courage, Fidelity, and Honest in Character."

It has nothing to do with all the "gangsta's" out there. Gangstalking is conducted by everyday people who have been told lies about the victim. Neighbours, Government workers like police officers, firefighters, retired people, stay at home housewives and anyone with time on their hands. The gangstalkers orchestrate a co-ordinated program of harrassment of individuals within a community. They label an individual of a crime or a series of crimes and start elaborate whisper campaigns against thier targets, using the everyday people in the community. It sounds crazy and its meant to, because no one would believe it and it's easy to discredit. Please google gangstalking, gaslighting, covert harrassment, to get what I'm saying. There are tons of people and websites out there documenting this secret holocaust. Please google Eleanor White. She is one of the most vocal about this issue. So my point is there is a lot to protect and fear, including protecting the truth. These posts clearly digress from the original intent of this thread, maybe I should start a new one with this issue in mind.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

God is Aware

as Consciousness permeating Everything

Ageless Formless Nameless Homeless Holiness

Truth His name and Love His form
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #23
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Just keep asking hard questions. Don't let up. We need to rethink everything...not just God.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 PM   #24
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Thats like a fish asking another fish 'What do you think of the Water!!!!'
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #25
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Thats like a fish asking another fish 'What do you think of the Water!!!!'
Yes, and the trick is, the fishes only think that they are fishes, when really they are also the water.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote