Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Desire Is The Root of Nothing - A Fresh Look at Law of Attraction

"Desire is the root of nothing - it is what you are told and take-in about desire that forms roots that grow into such experiences." - MyShadow

A simple way of looking at this concept - I gave this some thought since noticing the bipolar views between the law of attraction and eastern philosophies.

I think the Law of Attraction is such a powerful delusion, which comes from the ache of wanting our desires to be satisfied within our control and with "help" from cosmic forces. It's so interesting how this very thing keeps surfacing in our social-anthropology, the "ways" and the "helpers" just get updated to fit in within our subscribed method of social networking and what we are willing to place our faith/beliefs in.

Have you ever listened to the Esther Hicks - Abraham material? It does have some insights to how one may be wired - how to broaden one's focus - from a less narrow viewpoints. I think in this respect it is very helpful to many. Yet the point that your desire fuels the attraction creating a vortex and the universe yields? Well an interesting way of painting this concept on a canvas in ways that many can grasp - I think it can be a root of much delusion that inevitably one comes out of with a huge leap from the lesson - use discernment when it comes to where to place one's faith/beliefs.

Not picking on the LOA or the Hicks, but these things as I said above come in cycles.

Just another opinion that I'm expressing here - everyone's is respected from my viewpoint.

What do others think?

And more interesting, What do you think the "next" thing will be?
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote