Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #51
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Parody "I Don't Even Want To Be Alive Anymore" Rush Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
With all due respect, if Bill Ryan wants to take the forum to a higher level, he needs to give an adequate response to the Cliff High issue. There were some very real issues that have been brought up in respect to that that are reverberating around this forum and on the greater internet. I wrote him a very genuine response that I put quite a bit of thought into. I was respectful to him and I raised some important topics. Bill Ryan stopped responding on this forum shortly after I posted.

I realize he is likely very busy, but what I wrote and the comments from others were quite a bit more than fan mail. They deserve an adequate response, if Camelot and Avalon are to be taken seriously.

Quite frankly, this is not an edict that can be given from above. As above, so below.

--sjkted
Some things went wrong on the Cliff High issue. Bill admitted to making a mistake. And then at the end of the explanation, if I remember correctly, he said that was all he had to say on the issue. It was adequately explained as far as I was concerned. Life brings us misunderstandings between each other all the time. I can go over dozens of them since I became involved with Project Avalon. Bill and Kerry prefer to move on. I went to look for your post to the Bill Ryan thread and found this post of yours and would like to quote it here:

thread- can you FORGIVE us: "Yes, we can and we will. We are starting a domino effect right now. We cannot get to anywhere good in the future until we let good of the old. As more and more people get excited about the future, that excitement will be contagious. With such a positive outlook, there will be no more room to hold on to what has happened in days past."
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #52
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

and I will DEFINITELY be paying more attention!!

hopefully less gullible too
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #53
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Some things went wrong on the Cliff High issue. Bill admitted to making a mistake. And then at the end of the explanation, if I remember correctly, he said that was all he had to say on the issue. It was adequately explained as far as I was concerned. Life brings us misunderstandings between each other all the time. I can go over dozens of them since I became involved with Project Avalon. Bill and Kerry prefer to move on. I went to look for your post to the Bill Ryan thread and found this post of yours and would like to quote it here:
I'm not holding this against Bill Ryan. We all make mistakes. This part means nothing to me. I could also care less about exposing my view about Bill Deagle's information. What I do care about is the methodology Bill and Kerry use. My concern is that the Cliff High/Bill Ryan issue is symptomatic of something larger. I'm quoting here from my letter to Bill Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted
I have heard that one strategy by TPTB to prevent disclosure is when there is a big incident to intentionally write up a bona fide document on the incident that is filled with disinformation and then give it to a certain number of insiders, whom they know will eventually leak the document. There will then be another document describing the real incident which is then given to a substantially smaller number of people and heavily controlled.

This serves two purposes: (1) TPTB know that if there is a serious incident that some leaks cannot be prevented and that people like us will be researching it and trying to find out what happened. By leaking an official document filled with disinfo, it passifies us into not looking for the real information and convinces us we have found all we are looking for. (2) It causes us to believe a lie which can be used in the future to manipulate anyone who has been briefed by the "disinfo" document.

My point in stating this is that if this is the case, nearly all of your sources would correlate the same information, since they had intentionally been given the disinfo document. They would believe what they were telling you and their documentation would be official. The only way this could be disproven would be by trying to correlate the details with outside sources.
I find the contents of the thread here to be similar to the process I am articulating above. Bill Cooper mentioned this numerous times in all of his videos and interviews. In many ways, I think he was much closer to getting it than where we are with Camelot. Please note I'm not attacking anyone, I'm simply referring to his method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted
thread- can you FORGIVE us: "Yes, we can and we will. We are starting a domino effect right now. We cannot get to anywhere good in the future until we let good of the old. As more and more people get excited about the future, that excitement will be contagious. With such a positive outlook, there will be no more room to hold on to what has happened in days past."
Yes, that's me too. I forgive and forget quite easily. I don't have a beef with anyone, but I question whether we are providing a service to anyone by submitting bad information like the contents of this thread.

As I stated above, it does happen from time to time. Everyone makes mistakes. I certainly make enough of them myself, to preclude my judging others. The question here is whether we learn from them or continue to repeat them.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #54
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

i know the last part of what i said was harsh, but it was more me being mad at myself for giving more credence to info ive come across on the web, when my gut says people are easily taken in and spread untruths easily.

as small as this was it, it was a wake up call for me to realize that my gut was right-my angry tone was because after calling attention to the initial blunder, and karen CHANGING the header to "parody" and posting a link to the onion, it was STILL being discussed as legit, so yes i seemed like a nut waving my hands.

didn mean to offend particular people but again like i said sadly this is indicative of the whole conspiracy world PC in particular, and reminded me that i should follow my instincts that 95% of what i read is way off and really not bother with forums and stick to the little research that i find interesting and not highly speculative realms such as this.

again no offense was meant, but yes, like cliff high's problem with bill- this is the same arena and issue, and its a big one and people need to be responsible for the well intentioned actions.

again the anger in my posts was really me mad at myself, i tried not to insult and name call, which is easy to do

Last edited by clarkkent; 01-26-2010 at 11:47 AM.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #55
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Lol Clark,

I can understand your exasperation.

I start from the point of view that I know nothing and I can verify almost nothing. You may have read some of my own skepticism of posts here. Particularly the fear based ones.

I got about a third of the way through the Rush L article before my own scanners started to go...'wait a minute', this can't be for real, surely?'

I started to scroll down to add my two penneth, and then found that you had already done so.

My feeling is that people are so much in need for something to believe in, outside of their own normal life, that it's all very exciting to want to believ in anything that is out of the ordinary.

Of course , there must be a lot of truth in UFOs and all the other goings on. But the biggest truth I'm learning at Avalon is that for some, concentrating on the external far outweighs a desire to look to the internal.

All a good story needs is a believable known fact and then something extraoridnary attached to it.

In this case it's 1) R.L is an ***hole 2) He's seen the light and is asking for redemption.

So my hot tip if anyone is looking for falsehoods, try this 1) find the believeable fact, 2) look for the stretch of your imagination - the pulling of your chain if you will. If an article has both of these in spades, likely it's a story...not the real thing.

The truth is out there, and it's mostly more boring than fiction.
Want to write me a good story of your day yesterday?

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 01-26-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #56
TempestGarden
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "I Don't Even Want To Be Alive Anymore" Rush Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
this should be a wake up call to people who believe some of the s-h-i-t that is posted in this forum, and really any forum. your average joe regurgitates sensationalistic garbage and does zero fact checking or research.

sorry if this comes off as harsh but come on, wow.
Seriously, WHY are you here on these forums?

It seems like all you ever do if ridicule people on here for believing whatever they chose to believe. Don't you have anything better to do?
TempestGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #57
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

you are correct, im all set. no mas.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #58
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

im from the uk and as soon as i saw the onion link i thought hang on isnt that a satyrical paper with humerouse stories? i bought a copy off a guy in chicago airport, still have it upstairs. i often scan down to see links vefore investing time in reading posts. this one instance saved me considerable time pheew .
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #59
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
heres the answer

ITS NOT ON THE INTERNET.

after every book ive read, philosophy,metaphysics, lectures, physics, political documentaries, spiritual teachings

all of it boils down to dont be an a-s-s hole and treat people well be a good person and get along with others.

there you have it, thats why were here and its the one thing we havent been able to do for thousands of years.

in the end UFO's conspiracy, demonic possestion, wars in heaven, cloning, illuminatti blah blah blah

its just entertainment in the school of "do unto others" if you can get through life as a good person and treat people right then your getting the point of existence. its not what you know its what you do and how you treat people and things. while everything else is very interesting it doesnt matter, who cares if you can move things with your mind, bi locate travel to other worlds, or even knowing about all that-- if you cant even master getting along with others.

pretty easy eh?

-clark
Clark...I agree with most of what you wrote...but why is it so hard to be nice? It doesn't take much to get us fighting...does it? We are easily hurt and upset...and then we retaliate. Here are George Washington's "Rules of Civility": http://www.history.org/Almanack/life/manners/rules2.cfm I think that George Washington is an excellent example of a Compassionate Conservative. Conservatism does not equal the Bush Administration and the Religious Right...in much the same way as the Teachings of Jesus do not equal the Teachings of the Christian Church. Perhaps we need a Discernment and Dialogue 101 course here in Avalon...which would provide us with accurate BS Detectors...and with nice ways of saying "You're full of $%^&!" Nuff said.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-26-2010 at 10:12 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
letter to editor, rush limbaugh, the onion