Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #26
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Would Humanity Be Better Off If We Just Abolish Government?

"Beyond the family, no organization is necessary."

Handbook for the New Paradigm, Volume 1, Introduction section 2
NewParadigmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #27
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

It's kind of intriguing to me to imagine groups of people simply looking out for each other in informal ways and making agreements to get things done...

But what about things like traffic lights? Hmmm...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #28
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
It's kind of intriguing to me to imagine groups of people simply looking out for each other in informal ways and making agreements to get things done...

But what about things like traffic lights? Hmmm...
There was a severe ice storm in my area late last fall and power was out for three or more days in many neighborhoods. Guess what? The traffic moved better than usual at busy intersections.

There are lots of forums where anarchists sit around discussing stuff like traffic lights, etc. ad nauseam...

Here's one:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/
NewParadigmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:07 AM   #29
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

That is what this fall of the old is all about.

It will take awhile for all to figure it out.

I feel it.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #30
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

In a sense...Jesus abolished organized religion...but he got run over and ignored. Religion and government are two different methods of controlling people. Sometimes the two methods are combined into one. This is called a Theocracy. A maximalist centralized secular government is called a Dictatorship. A minimalist decentralized secular government could be called a Weocracy. The U.S. Constitution provides for a Weocracy. To me...this is the best hope for the human race...at this point in time. At a later date...the human race might grow up enough to not require any ***ocracy. The constitutional responsible freedom approach may groom us for that ultimate eventuality. Then we would simply operate under responsible freedom...without any constitution. The Constitution might be considered to be...Training Wheels.
But why do we keep trying to reinvent the wheel...and keep repeating the same mistakes...over and over and over again?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-08-2009 at 06:22 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #31
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
It often seems to be more 'One Nation Under Satan' than 'One Nation Under God'. Come to think of it...I thought it was supposed to be 'One Nation Under the Constitution'. I thought there was separation of church and state. If we have 'One Nation Under God'...why that's a THEOCRACY. At the front of the senate chambers there are Fascist symbols and 'One Nation Under God' instead of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What's wrong with this picture?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eynHq...eature=related.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMwK0kCccI
orthodoxymoron, it's an interesting world we now live in. The PTB sends the orders to torture, kill, or imprison. Yet I notice the PTB has the burden of justifying their ugly actions. We are told it's all being done for the sake of our security. If we are not convinced, the PTB will simply arrange a cover-up.

The church and state are both control entities. What we are seeing is the 3-way marriage of church, state, and corporation. This super power has turned into super fascism.

-feeler
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #32
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

feeler,

The end is near for those fools. The swine flu is/was their last-ditch attempt to bring about population control. I wouldn't say that we're completely out of the woods just yet but I refuse to live in fear of those fools.

Back onto the topic though.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #33
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
feeler,

The end is near for those fools. The swine flu is/was their last-ditch attempt to bring about population control. I wouldn't say that we're completely out of the woods just yet but I refuse to live in fear of those fools.

Back onto the topic though.
Humble Janitor, thanks for providing yet another example of government action.

The term "fools" you choose is very appropriate; they are indeed making a fool of themselves.

The human race killing its own members--

I bet the galactic counsel are laughing at the participants big time. Who wouldn't?

Yes SURE the terrorists must have hated our freedom, especially after watching OJ come out as a free man in front of a group of international reporters.

The whole world must be laughing at the American absurdity at that very moment. Who wouldn't?

-feeler

Last edited by feeler; 05-08-2009 at 09:48 AM.
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #34
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi seashore,

There will never be a world without government. It's impossible.

We need to try and separate 'government' with 'politics'.

Let's assume that the worlds governments were abolished tommorrow. What would happen?

People would be left helpless, looking for orientation from somebody else. The moment that that person takes on a leading role, you will create a government, even a very local government if it deals with the smallest groups of people.

Govern means among other things; To have or exercise a determining influence.

In the animal kingdom and in human nature there will always be followers and there will always be the alpha who leads the pack. This leader will be the governer. Even anarchists will govern, if they like it or not, when they meet their similars. Someone will want to lead the anarchistic group.

The road to how the present governments of the world arrived at such a size started out with the alpha. In the eras of Kings and Queens, the King always was at the front line leading his men into battle to conquer, which to me is how it should be.

However, what seems to have changed the way of government is politics. Now the 'alpha' sends everybody else in to battle and thay keep themselves at a very safe distance, enough distance to reap the rewards of victory, or to hide from the jaws of defeat.

So would your question be; Would Humanity Be Better Off If We Just Abolish Government? or Would Humanity Be Better Off If We Just Abolish Politics?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
I'm throwing out this hypothetical to see what insights might be learned...

Assuming for the sake of argument that it would be possible to abolish government, would we be better off?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Was reading, just before bed, book 6 of The Ringing Cedars, "The Book of Kin" - and in it, she describes a Vedic time... And the beginning of the "greymen" (TPTB) - if we could return to that time, no government would be necessary. However, we've (generic) given up too much of our personal power ---

This is the most incredible bunch of books I've ever read.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post

This is the most incredible bunch of books I've ever read.
alys
You're referring to the books recommended in this thread?

"Anastasia - Please please read these hope filled books..."
Old 05-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #37
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, indeed. The first book in the series is called Anastasia. But it's the Ringing Cedars series.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #38
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Majority rule doesn't work when it comes to deciding whether certain people/groups have rights or not.

It's certainly not the way to go.
So you saying a dictatership is ok ?
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #39
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
Go back and re-read what I wrote.

Majority rule doesn't work when it comes to deciding the rights of others.

In other words, you and I have no right to tell someone that they can't get married or they can't buy weed legally or they can't do what they want with their property.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #40
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Majority rule doesn't work when it comes to deciding whether certain people/groups have rights or not.

It's certainly not the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post

I have read that some people call a democracy "mob rule," and contrast it with a republic, which is considered representative democracy with a constitution to ensure human rights. Maybe that applies here.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #41
Neo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewParadigmGuy View Post
"Beyond the family, no organization is necessary."

Handbook for the New Paradigm, Volume 1, Introduction section 2

Funny how truth is often the simplest answer, great quote.

I dont need a government to tell me what do or when to do it.
I dont need a government to feed me, cloth me or shelter me. (they dont anyway)
I dont need the goverment to protect me (they dont anyway)

So what did I need them for again?

I am constantly amazed at people who cant see beyond our current system.
The very reason our system is breaking is cos it JUST DONT WORK!
Most of the people here on this forum are helping break it, it needs to be broken.

Where is the logic of one man leading another? Isnt that the blind leading the blind? Giving power to another to control your life is like saying "I'm too stupid to run my own life, please run it for me".

When we do eventually get rid of these corrupt powermongers I hope that if anyone ever stands up to claim leadership or rulership again they be ignored by everyone. One man cant rule or lead if no one follows.

Oh but what about everyone else I hear you say. How do we prevent everyone else from running rampant?
After all the fear, after all the anarchy, after all the fighting and killing people will ultimately come to one simple realization WE DONT NEED TO! Things actually work better when we co-operate. "hey maybe instead of killing my neighbour maybe I could ask for his help".

Like I said, anything thats true is also simple.
We dont need faith in humanity for this to happen just time for us all to understand it.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #42
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post

...Things actually work better when we co-operate...
The spirit of cooperation is a powerful thing. I love to see it in action...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #43
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

A world of zen monks would be quite peaceful.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #44
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
A world of zen monks would be quite peaceful.
one handed clapping is very quiet!
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #45
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

I believe this may be not to far off. If our govt crumbels we will be left with no structure other than mans own intuition. I believe at that time there will be groupings or tribes. Good and Bad the world will be a very tuff place to comute and find out whose on whose side and wars will be faught, people will be killed. (unless an outside source acts to help us shift the paradime) Our conciousness knows at the end of the day what is good and bad. Its imbeaded deep within us is my belief. there will be good tribes and bad tribes. As long as our conciousness remains the same. not to fly to far off subject, i think the goverment or structure will always exist for humans, even if the govt as we know it is not there. It is our evolutionary instinct to elect leaders and just as important followers who have expertise in there own areas. Its our camoflaughe, our evolutionary strength to see these things in ourselves and others. it our thirst for knowledge and sucess. I believe having leaders or government is not bad. Its a serious of bad ideas and a thirst for power (evil) which is hurting a good thing, our governments of the world. We need to get back to basics. Fundamentals have been lost. Love one anouther, treat me how you wish to be treated, take care of this planet, take care of everyone, is not a Hippie idea, its an instinctual calling many refuse to listin too, they sacrafice this for one thing, Power. We need a change in paradime before anything gets beter. No govt being a good thing, this is only good after a paradime shift is my opinion. Because we would then not need them due to our rebirth or new mentalities. We need to focus on fundamentals and make shur we make an effort every day to beter our selves and carry the tourch. We can shift our own perodime in this manor. In turn we will beter humanity which will fix all. its a magical basket you can set all problems aside in and focus on urself, because urself is everybody else, so then and only then we can start concentrating on anything else, such as how to govern ourselves or what our goals should be. none of this is good if we ourselves are evil. Shed light and day shall be prevalent, then all will see. Help me carry this tourch brothers and sisters. we are all one is lifes greatest secrete, in my opinion. I hurt you it hurts me. vise versal. with love for all.
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #46
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASONS we are in the position we face today is because of governments they have stolen our individual sovereignty and handed it over to the very institutions that are now being handed unlimited billions. After the last depression governments turned your grandfathers hard labour and all of his future descendants earnings to the F*ckin Fed . THEY THEN CREATED THE STRAWMAN AND TOLD YOU IT WAS YOU . And now they have all these stupid laws and statutes that you think you must obey. All based on UCC law when in fact they apply to your strawman . And our governments know this We are all f*-cked when we apply , Register ,for things because in doing so we are giving our personal sovereignty away we are in fact saying "I`m not capable of doing this myself would you do it for me " . What we really should be doing is telling government that I`m Old enough and More than capable of doing this with out their assistance and I no longer require (insert Government Here) to hold my hand because the only reason for them is to control us tell us what we can and can not do . Are we not capable of this . Just look at governments they no longer represent the people when in fact they take their money and orders from the corporations and lobby groups. The only time they have any time for the common citizen is when they want your vote then they care .and after the election its back to the same old sh*t. There are only 3 things that we need law enforcement for. The 2 major ones being

1)did we cause someone to be harmed
2) did we use mischief in our contracts

As an example you are arrested for smoking weed
who was harmed by this act ? NO ONE
so why then is it a crime .

Because we gave the government the right to control us if we in mass took that control back we would no longer be required to pay tax in any form
Example
we are paying property tax to enjoy our own property and just so you know any one that has bought property does not own that property if you registered it you gave that ownership away and merely hold the equity portion of it. Your State, provincial, or local government can at any time come and take it as long as they pay you fair market value for it .

It costs a lot of money to hold the governments hand is it really worth it? The good thing is there is a way out but it requires guts and knowledge . Ask any lawyer about his and most will avoid it . Just recently someone posted a video Kymatica it is one small part in this film but it is to the point OUR governments sold us down the river of slavery long ago so they do nothing for us any longer when will we wake up
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #47
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post

ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASONS we are in the position we face today is because of governments...
Yeah, I would like it if we could just start all over again, from scratch!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #48
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Assuming for the sake of argument that it would be possible to abolish government, would we be better off?
Of course we would, in fact I think that eventually something like this will have to happen for us to progress much past where we are today.

In my view, the highest form of "governement" is none at all, where each "citizen" measures thier actions according to thier brothers need, with mutual respect and harmony for both themselves and each other individual.

In such a world, anarchy would not be a problem - it would be paradise.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #49
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Of course we would, in fact I think that eventually something like this will have to happen for us to progress much past where we are today.

In my view, the highest form of "governement" is none at all, where each "citizen" measures thier actions according to thier brothers need, with mutual respect and harmony for both themselves and each other individual.

In such a world, anarchy would not be a problem - it would be paradise.

A..
right on, anchor!! i could not agree more.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #50
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
right on, anchor!! i could not agree more.
It's fun to imagine it!