Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Raven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Avatar 'blues' (some suicidal after watching movie)

From CNN. Some people are having separation anxiety and suicidal thoughts after watching Avatar. The comments at the end of the article are rather hostile and insensitive in some cases. Anyhow, it is interesting how this movie is effecting the masses who are thronging to see it. I haven't seen the movie yet, so would appreciate anyones comments on this. Raven

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ues/index.html
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Avatar 'blues' (some suicidal after watching movie)

oh my god.

"When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed ... gray. It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning," Hill wrote on the forum. "It just seems so ... meaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep ... doing things at all. I live in a dying world"

this is what we are talking about! these people need to hop on board, they're dreaming about what the world could be. this is so amazing! this movie is doing its part to wake people up
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Spregovori

This is interesting...coming from a Time Warner TV station...hmm

I always wondered how this effects the brain that usually determine the depth (3d) by themselves...while the stereoscopic projection gives each eye its own image...and ...it is different...not "natural" possibly it can be an overload for the brain....

I myself have not been shocked by the story etc it is all known to me (just look at Africa) there were also no wet dreams which resulted in many due to the CGI...(people that do not know other stuff)....

on thing though - my eyes did "hurt" for the next day or two...the were sort of a tired...nothing else (at least i did not notice anything else)

Last edited by Spregovori; 01-11-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

I have notice that the new so called 3d imaging glasses are coming out more and more, for various movies, and I have noticed that the kids especially get involved in it. once again like cigarettes hey are getting the kids involved and addicted to something not natural to there system, but at a level more prone to the brain ,not the body. but when you look at it in the long run it will affect both.

When I watched Avatar, all i saw was the spirit being ripped from the body whole, this is not good..

The other thing I saw was of course the reflection of 3rd world countries being torn apart..

But mainly what I saw was the spirit of humans being torn from there 3rd bodies in control for power.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

I stopped watching the original Star Trek series, in the 60's.

Had to. Kept walking away mad, because I was "born too early".

I guess I'm the "Avatar version" of a cheap date.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Sigh...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Avatar movie is a beautifull analogy about our relation with Earth. Pandora's beauty being a living, caring world is in a deep inner human knowledge; Earth itself. It is also not a coincidence that this planet is called Pandora. Opening the Pandora's box of holocaust, war and destruction for the purpose of greed, control and insanity (called human urbanism) is what we are doing when unearthing the industrialization effect of our society.

Plus, it is not a coincidence that the 'negative' interventionist are Humans, while the native are 'ETs'. Another way to picture humans as agressor of the living planet. While it is a half truth. Humans are themselves born in a system where 'all' is in place to nurture a 'vampirist' way of living that sooner or later will make this planet look like the background of a huge factory. That is why we feel locked, stuck, into a destrtuctive system that has to change. The overwhelming effort to make this change to happen is so extremly vast that any individual seeing how we lack the necessary 'UNION' is quiclky depressed by the reality.

Like the movie suggest, their is a fight between the ones wanting to perpetrate this system and the inhabitant connected to the living planet. The movie also suggest that the planet is a living entity who will act to help reversing the destruction. No wonder why some people are getting emotivly charged after seeing it. It is all about us and our planet.

Pandora is Earth. Pandora's box is our way of living that sooner or later we will have to open and face. The native are the humans who wants to live in connection with Earth while the humans invadors are the ones in charge of our destructive system in place.

I fear many human might be willing to sacrifice enormous lands and liberty to buy this false idea that we are the aggressor. Another way to progressivly brainwash the masses about a global new system to take place. While the solution is all about living in harmony with nature and ACCEPT to change drastically our way of living. It is possible. If we would follow the native as modele to society instead of the northern way of life, we wouldn't be into environmental problems. So there is an alternative to reserves, taking away our liberty and birth control... Instead of making a patch to the old fabric, make a new one that suits the weather...

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 01-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #8
Raven
Avalon Senior Member

Some good comments here from everyone. I especially liked how Steven broke things down. Thanks for all your input guys. I look forward to seeing the movie for myself. It is my hope that the highly evocative nature of the film will wake the masses...
Raven
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

I didn't watch it in 3D, but I think honestly think people put themselves too much in the movies, instead of a 3rd party watcher.

As I see it, I watch movies to be entertained...not to try live it out while watching. For me the ideas and (possible ) imagination of those who create them, ignite a spark in my mind to further explore the bits and pieces of my own personal realm that I did not think of before. This has helped me quite a bit in understanding myself and learn to live in peace with myself.

If these depressions are true, I'm quite positive they are induced by other factors than the film being so real and lifelike that our own world becomes grey and dull.
I think it comes as a reminder to those that have lost their way, exactly how lost they feel.

At least that's my take on it, could be something else entirely of course!
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
From CNN. Some people are having separation anxiety and suicidal thoughts after watching Avatar. The comments at the end of the article are rather hostile and insensitive in some cases. Anyhow, it is interesting how this movie is effecting the masses who are thronging to see it. I haven't seen the movie yet, so would appreciate anyones comments on this. Raven
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ues/index.html

Here you can find many comments about Avatar---

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...ghlight=avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriblu View Post
oh my god.

"When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed ... gray. It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning," Hill wrote on the forum. "It just seems so ... meaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep ... doing things at all. I live in a dying world"

this is what we are talking about! these people need to hop on board, they're dreaming about what the world could be. this is so amazing! this movie is doing its part to wake people up
This movie is indeed doing its part to wake people up. Definitely!

malletzky
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

people need to relax.

3d isnt going to suck your soul (what does that even mean?)

and if it makes you suicidal then you have a lot more problems than not living in a fun cgi jungle.

this always annoys me when i see news reports of people doing something stupid after they watch a movie, if your that impressionable and can do something destructive to yourself or society then you were already going to.

conservative pundits hate this movie and im sure will trump up stories like this.
im bummed i dont live in starwars with chewie as my sidekick and force powers but im not going to hang myself. this is ridiculous, also people looking for a "hidden agenda" as a lot of conspiracy minded folk do, need to use some part of their rational brain and know that not every piece of entertainment is some subliminal mind control bs, its no wonder people think conspiracy believers are crackpots its because they start seeing a plot in every possible scenario.

if people kill themselves after seeing this movie, they have serious problems, its not james cameron's fault, he made a cool movie with positive themes.

-clark

http://superstrangeland.blogspot.com/
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
NicholaQuinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
people need to relax.

3d isnt going to suck your soul (what does that even mean?)

and if it makes you suicidal then you have a lot more problems than not living in a fun cgi jungle.

this always annoys me when i see news reports of people doing something stupid after they watch a movie, if your that impressionable and can do something destructive to yourself or society then you were already going to.

conservative pundits hate this movie and im sure will trump up stories like this.
im bummed i dont live in starwars with chewie as my sidekick and force powers but im not going to hang myself. this is ridiculous, also people looking for a "hidden agenda" as a lot of conspiracy minded folk do, need to use some part of their rational brain and know that not every piece of entertainment is some subliminal mind control bs, its no wonder people think conspiracy believers are crackpots its because they start seeing a plot in every possible scenario.

if people kill themselves after seeing this movie, they have serious problems, its not james cameron's fault, he made a cool movie with positive themes.

-clark

Nice one Clark Kent, couldn't have said it better myself. I absoloutly love this movie. I think it's really uplifting.x
NicholaQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I saw Avatar 3D but did my maharic shield first

I think the movie is awesome, the plants magical and the message soulfull

Love the equality and the fact that women can also share the responsibilities

Earth can still be beautiful, is up to us

But I am not surprised it may be shocking for some, specially if they are matterialisticly orientated and believe in big US government

Love the fact that is not cheeze

It is a paradigm changing movie, like few I have seen

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
whiterose
Avalon Senior Member

I understand how people are feeling after seeing the movie, I felt somewhat the same. I understood that it was about our planet, and I felt disgusted at what we have done and are doing to it. I also felt helpless, powerless, to do anything about it, but I also realised that the only difference I can make is through the choices I take.

Pandora is portayed as a planet full of wondrous creatures, all interconnected, and connected to their beautiful planet. Earth is Pandora, we are all connected, and connected to our beautiful home, but the PTB have tried their best to divorce us from this knowledge so that we will quite happily destroy our home, to make those greedy few rich in a monetary sense. If the film Avatar manages to wake just a few people to this situation, then that is wonderful, but those of us who are awake must continue to do our best to live the way our connection to the earth tell us is right. Don't listen to the politicians who jump on various bandwagons, to make us pay more taxes and make them more money, but follow our own instincts, to do what is right, and not just what is right for us.
whiterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
This is interesting...coming from a Time Warner TV station...hmm
Did it cross somebody's mind that this could just be misguiding programming ?
It' such widespread news that they want you NOT to miss it.

As said by many others before, there are positive themes in the movie ... so are they now trying to scare the audience away ?
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

The special effects were cool but I came away a little disappointed at the old Hollywood style of action flicks. Another movie where indigenous people live in harmony until another race intervenes by causing chaos than later saves the day. I’m a bit tired of watching movies where the people can’t save themselves and need an outsider to come in and do the work for them. These movies are disrespectful, send sly messages and paints false images of heroes and villains. I feel these movies are desensitizing and send mixed messages, it pains me to have to express this when others are blind to it...but I do know its part of the plan to separate, divide and conquer. I don’t really find it racist but feel it demoralizes.

"Dances with Wolves", "The Last Samurai", "Pocahontas", "District 9," and "Dune," are just a few other films using this format. I guess if it is not seen from another perspective it can easily be overlooked and be argued that it’s just entertainment…but to whom? We can do better than this...

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #17
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post
I guess if it is not seen from another perspective it can easily be overlooked and be argued that it’s just entertainment…but to whom? We can do better than this...
I don't go the movies anymore to be overwhelmed by special effects ... the stunning part for me is what they seem to put openly under your nose:

In Avatar the Na'vi 'connect' themselves in nature with their pony tails, in District 9 you have to get an Alien hand to fire their weapons
and control their spaceship ...

Somehow it keeps on drawing my attention to a passage in the bible: Ezekiel 1:15 to 1:22

15 As I looked at these beings, I saw four wheels touching the ground beside them, one wheel belonging to each. 16 The wheels sparkled as if made of beryl. All four wheels looked alike and were made the same; each wheel had a second wheel turning crosswise within it. 17 The beings could move in any of the four directions they faced, without turning as they moved. 18 The rims of the four wheels were tall and frightening, and they were covered with eyes all around.

19 When the living beings moved, the wheels moved with them. When they flew upward, the wheels went up, too. 20 The spirit of the living beings was in the wheels. So wherever the spirit went, the wheels and the living beings also went. 21 When the beings moved, the wheels moved. When the beings stopped, the wheels stopped. When the beings flew upward, the wheels rose up, for the spirit of the living beings was in the wheels.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
each wheel had a second wheel turning crosswise within it.
P.S. Look at the helicopters they use in Avatar ... double contra rotating blades
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #19
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
I have notice that the new so called 3d imaging glasses are coming out more and more, for various movies, and I have noticed that the kids especially get involved in it. once again like cigarettes hey are getting the kids involved and addicted to something not natural to there system, but at a level more prone to the brain ,not the body. but when you look at it in the long run it will affect both.

When I watched Avatar, all i saw was the spirit being ripped from the body whole, this is not good..

The other thing I saw was of course the reflection of 3rd world countries being torn apart..

But mainly what I saw was the spirit of humans being torn from there 3rd bodies in control for power.
I agree and from what I've seen of the political storm the movie has created, of all the issues being argued I haven't seen anyone mention genetic modification, cloning or possession. That bothered my mother and I about the movie.

I saw the movie in 3D and thought it was a fantastic film and very well researched, and even though I preferred the Na'Vi, even though they still had their Mother Goddess, acknowledged that everything/one is connected and went into the area of souls they were still socially backwards in that they forced themselves on others to make bonds e.g. with their soon-to-be friends/vehicles and once young males became men they could take a female they wanted. So basically it wasn't all one sided.

The 'effect' I had after the film was a want for honesty (although I always want that but it was strong at that moment after the 'passion' of the film).
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #20
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I saw the movie in 2d and whilst many are saying the 3d version is much better not sure that i could watch it too much movement, this could be a reason why some have had effects from it.
I found the film beautiful the plant life the indigenous people were at one with their planet this is the way Earth should be.
I have not had any suicidal tendency from watching this film the down feelings i get are from day to day living, if i was given a chance to live on a planet like this i would not hesitate to go.
I feel i really need to move on now i do not feel part of this world any more.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #21
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

I havent had a chance to see it yet and am quite looking forward to it. I think it took 10 years to make and they had a professor of languages to write a new language espcially for the film. It sounds good.
It must be better than District 9. My girl friend neally walked out of that one.. But she doent mind the violence in Quentin Tarantino's films?? Stange.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #22
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

i think this movie had a big impact on me because the night after i watched it, i was one of pandora's people and i was in so much peace, awe, wonder, joy, and love. I was flying on those same creatures and I felt in love with pandora in my dream. it felt so real. the I woke up and i felt so sad. I wanted to go back there.
So i guess the feelings are inside of me. The movie just made me reflect on those there. it was paradise.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
Smickle1111
Avalon Senior Member

This is what alex jones thinks of the movie

http://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-reviews-avatar/
Smickle1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #24
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smickle1111 View Post
This is what alex jones thinks of the movie

http://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-reviews-avatar/
alex jones is a tool, he says some truth but a lot of bull s-h-i-t

this movie isnt going to make me worship the planet or join any world religion.

it shows a story thats as old as civilization destroying indingenous balanced people.
a native american might of well told this story over a campfire, its no different.
and what would alex have us do? ignore the environmental problems? im tired of all this bs mother goddes/gai ooooooo scary new world religion and tying anything ecological to paganism and being under the theumb of the PTB.

gimme a break. if you want to see what a fear monger is google alex on the eve of 2000, he was drumming up the end of the world...ridiculous.

-clark

clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #25
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't watched the movie but I used to watch the cartoon. I never found it really culty or anything.

As to 3D. When i was 5 years old I lost most of the sight in my right eye. i recall seeing a 3D TV show where mom brought us kids the funky glasses back in the 70's. needless to say, they didn't work for me. I'm immune to 3D effects completely. No depth perception.

if you are concerned about 3D effects simply remove the glasses. It's looks like a regular old movie.

I was gonna wait for the movie to come out on DVD and rent it. No use buying a movie ticket and glasses if it won't be #d for me after all.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote