Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #26
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Proof that I am not an Agent, Troll or Energy Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
Man truthwalker your just digging yourself a bigger hole. You should just talk about whatever it was you wanted to say. Unless of course you are , in that case your not digging yourself a bigger hole.
Ignored. No value.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #27
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
Brook has done nothing but post insult after insult after sarcasm riddled insult. Mentioning her name isn't going to help what ever case you think you're trying to make.
Brook has picked me up on things in your other threads, and come to your defense, only days ago, it was. Yet somehow her lightheartedness rubbed you wrong and you shut her down too - it's no surprise she reacts.
Sorry, just trying to explain, not attack.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #28
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Yes I agree, your posts have no value. But youlll get your chance to say something on this forum one day. Keep trying little buddy.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #29
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
Brook has picked me up on things in your other threads, and come to your defense, only days ago, it was. Yet somehow her lightheartedness rubbed you wrong and you shut her down too - it's no surprise she reacts.
Sorry, just trying to explain, not attack.
Well, I couldn't disagree more. Brook is one of the forums most colorfully dressed jesters who has barely contributed anything worthwhile in any of my posts except mockery and jokes (at my expense - making her quite nasty).
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #30
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
Yes I agree, your posts have no value. But youlll get your chance to say something on this forum one day. Keep trying little buddy.
I hope so. It would be nice to be able to post on a forum where people are actually serious and where moderators do their job.

This is one of the most bias group of moderators I have ever seen. I know I am not doing myself any favors by saying that - but it's the truth. Straight up.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Hey TruthWalker, I haven't posted much but I have been keeping tabs and everything that was said. In your original thread regarding "Where is the proof" ( http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...603#post201603 ) I found that you initially did the best thing you could have done.
Quote:
I will ignore the trouble causing, negative trolls above.
and you continued to have a conversation with me. Why did you not continue along this path without causing all this? You're right this is a simple fix, for both parties involved. Every forum will have its nuts and jesters but honestly...if you ignore them they WILL go away. The same is true in life.

Would it be too hard to ask you to re-evaluate your position?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #32
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phr0z3n View Post
Hey TruthWalker, I haven't posted much but I have been keeping tabs and everything that was said. In your original thread regarding "Where is the proof" ( http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...603#post201603 ) I found that you initially did the best thing you could have done. and you continued to have a conversation with me. Why did you not continue along this path without causing all this? You're right this is a simple fix, for both parties involved. Every forum will have its nuts and jesters but honestly...if you ignore them they WILL go away. The same is true in life.

Would it be too hard to ask you to re-evaluate your position?
If I were to post that 15 times a thread, I'd wind up flapping my arms again.

I actually ignore a lot of things that are said.

Anything I do respond to is because I have reason -- and the reason is not that "I can't help myself from responding". I am fully capable of ignoring everything. If I thought that would help I'd do it. But it doesn't help. I know from experience. People need to learn to stop wiping tehir dirty feet all over other peoples threads in the first place, and then we can all move forward.

It can be initiated easy. All it needs is for mods to say:

Ok, here's the deal people. We're a serious forum here, and it's time people started being more serious. Then when mods see someone saying:

Hahaha he need warm milk

..they might send a PM and say: "Please do not treat other people with disrespect".

I think the whole forum would be fixed inside 24 hours.

It's fixable and it's easily fixable.

It just takes the will.

If there's a will - there's a way.

That's my personal motto.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #33
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for your response. I do appreciate it.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #34
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phr0z3n View Post
Thanks for your response. I do appreciate it.
Anytime.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #35
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Don't you see what you are doing?

<Dismayed>

This just proves my earlier point about how hard this can be.

TruthWalker: If you could instruct me now, what would you expect me to do to conform to your ideal forum?

A..
I don't expect people to conform to anything.

I believe people should be allowed to offer their own views what ever they are.

I just wish people would be serious, sincere, constructive, stay on topic -- and not inject things into people's posts that are specifically designed to cause mockery thereafter, or to insult the OP or to turn everything into a 7 page circus.

Everyone knows how to behave if they're expected to. It's just that people know they don't have to - so they don't.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #36
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

I don't like to be one to fuel the fire and usually keep out of this sort of discussions, but I do feel that there is something to this.

Yes, I agree with OP that offtopic, out of the blue comments that are solely meant for ridicule and discomfort should be kept to an absolute minimum. Keeping a serious and level-headed discussion is key whatever the subject are.

However, running a thread on how unserious some members tend to be on subjects they disapprove of seems to me like a big waste of time. This is a discussion that should be taken with mods over PM or post a thread to urge a mod to contact you to discuss what you find an important and crucial topic.
You can't expect anything else than a flamewar when doing this sort of discussion in the open. It's like standing in a crowd, telling your friends that you do not like what the other half of the crowd does. It's bound to hit trouble, no matter how right you are in your case.

There has been a level of bickering and downright childlike behaviour lately that exceed anything I've seen for a long long time. The only line you can draw between these, to connect them together, is that every single one of them can be boiled down to a simple: Yes, no, yes no - type of discussion.

Everyone should be able to say things freely, everyone are entitled their opinion...but please folks, keep it civil and keep it ON topic.
If anyone has anything against members of Avalon to such an extent they think it is right to ridicule, the correct channel for this is to contact the mods or Bill Ryan himself. Preferably the mods first and if the issue cannot be sorted with them the next level is included.

This will make this forum alot easier to read, as we now have to sort through a load of threads that only makes sense to the parts involved.

As for members that feel the need to discredit or apply accusations against other members here on Avalon, even though you feel you are doing the right thing...and maybe you are right as well, my respect is certainly not earned by doing it like this.
I am sure that goes for the majority of this forum, as we mostly make up a bunch of people with a little somewhat on top of our shoulders.
Telling people to not listen to a certain individuals is exactly the same as the individuals that tell people what to believe and what to think.

Remember that!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #37
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucrum View Post
I don't like to be one to fuel the fire and usually keep out of this sort of discussions, but I do feel that there is something to this.

Yes, I agree with OP that offtopic, out of the blue comments that are solely meant for ridicule and discomfort should be kept to an absolute minimum. Keeping a serious and level-headed discussion is key whatever the subject are.

However, running a thread on how unserious some members tend to be on subjects they disapprove of seems to me like a big waste of time. This is a discussion that should be taken with mods over PM or post a thread to urge a mod to contact you to discuss what you find an important and crucial topic.
You can't expect anything else than a flamewar when doing this sort of discussion in the open. It's like standing in a crowd, telling your friends that you do not like what the other half of the crowd does. It's bound to hit trouble, no matter how right you are in your case.

There has been a level of bickering and downright childlike behaviour lately that exceed anything I've seen for a long long time. The only line you can draw between these, to connect them together, is that every single one of them can be boiled down to a simple: Yes, no, yes no - type of discussion.

Everyone should be able to say things freely, everyone are entitled their opinion...but please folks, keep it civil and keep it ON topic.
If anyone has anything against members of Avalon to such an extent they think it is right to ridicule, the correct channel for this is to contact the mods or Bill Ryan himself. Preferably the mods first and if the issue cannot be sorted with them the next level is included.

This will make this forum alot easier to read, as we now have to sort through a load of threads that only makes sense to the parts involved.

As for members that feel the need to discredit or apply accusations against other members here on Avalon, even though you feel you are doing the right thing...and maybe you are right as well, my respect is certainly not earned by doing it like this.
I am sure that goes for the majority of this forum, as we mostly make up a bunch of people with a little somewhat on top of our shoulders.
Telling people to not listen to a certain individuals is exactly the same as the individuals that tell people what to believe and what to think.

Remember that!
I agree with the essence of your response, but I must argue that it isn't a waste of time to make a thread about this. It is productive. It is beneficial to keep all this kind of discussion in a separate thread, meant for the topic -- rather than all over the forum in amongst various posts. This way, everyone can offer their view and say what they need to say -- and you've just said a whole lot, which underscores my reasoning.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #38
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Here's the deal. My personal views are not accepted in many places and this forum is no different. I'm used to that. It's not a problem. I am cool with that, because I have no wish to force anyone to adopt my views, just because I stated them. You will not find a single instance of that happening on the forums -- anywhere.

A lot of people are starting to make claims such that I am paid, I'm a reptilian, I'm an energy vampire, I'm a troll, I'm an agent, etc..

All wrong. I am one guy with life experience that wants to communicate with other people. The reason I am making the posts I am is to highlight (under a splotlight) why I can't just come here and post freely. I have a LOT to get through, and I can't get through it on a forum that goes from serious to 7+ pages of jokes and mockery in a split second.

If I "WANTED" to come here and literally cause trouble, believe me -- I could do a much better job of it. I would have four computers running and I'd be sitting there tying to myself. I'd be hammering the threads with scripts. I would pose as someone who was the epitome of a jerk, just to prove a point. I would be PM'ing people, placing links to threads in all the signatures, and I'd have another 12 accounts all lined up ready to go. I'd have half a dozen other people helping out. I'd be unfair. I'd distract other people's posts. I wouldn't be sincere or genuine. I'd have multiple personality syndrome on a mass scale. I'd purposefully take things the wrong way just to cause trouble. I'd purposefully cause people to dislike me and if I got banned, I'd come back laughing and mocking. I haven't done any of the above.

It's not hard to see that I am being fair and genuine. Anyone who thinks I am anything listed in the title really needs to get a life and take a good look at the problems on this forum. I am playing fair. I am being genuine. The forum can be a much more constructive and useful place. That's what I am after. Plain and simple. Believe it or not.

I wont stop until I get it (or at LEAST something close to it). Call me all the names you like. Insult me. Accuse me. Label me. Say that I am insulting and that I want to force everyone to accept my views or my agenda. It's all ridiculous. None of it is true. None of it is even on the right track. It's all been said a thousand times. But until this forum achieves a spirit of seriousness and sincerity I'm going to keep pointing out why I cannot say what I want to say.

THIS FORUM NEEDS ME!

..and more people like me.

this is proof you are an attention whore man, stop your childish whinnings... if people dont care about you here, dont care about them, no matter what you have to say. Go elsewhere where your narcissism is aprecciated.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #39
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
this is proof you are an attention whore man, stop your childish whinnings...
Unconstructive. Insincere.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #40
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Unconstructive. Insincere.
shut up, troll.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #41
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
shut up, troll.
I rest my case.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #42
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I agree with the essence of your response, but I must argue that it isn't a waste of time to make a thread about this. It is productive. It is beneficial to keep all this kind of discussion in a separate thread, meant for the topic -- rather than all over the forum in amongst various posts. This way, everyone can offer their view and say what they need to say -- and you've just said a whole lot, which underscores my reasoning.
I'll rephrase my statement slightly:

I have yet to see any forum I've been to where open discussion about these issues have ever lead to resolve.
So while there indeed might be a good use of time, history shows it not to be.

So question is, will this end up as a huge post eventually locked by mods because no one really bothers to read the whole thing and everyone ends up doing the same remarks over and over again? Or will we sometime in the near future see a stream of general acceptance to differences flow into these forums and calm things down?

I'd prefer the latter, but it's not very realistic at this point in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #43
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucrum View Post
I'll rephrase my statement slightly:

I have yet to see any forum I've been to where open discussion about these issues have ever lead to resolve.
So while there indeed might be a good use of time, history shows it not to be.

So question is, will this end up as a huge post eventually locked by mods because no one really bothers to read the whole thing and everyone ends up doing the same remarks over and over again? Or will we sometime in the near future see a stream of general acceptance to differences flow into these forums and calm things down?

I'd prefer the latter, but it's not very realistic at this point in my opinion.
My best guess is that it will be "eventually locked by mods because no one really bothers to read the whole thing and everyone ends up doing the same remarks over and over again"..

..but just because it's hard to be a lone voice of reason, it doesn't mean I shouldn't try. I do believe that if I keep trying this week, this month, next month, and again and again.. eventually something will be done. So if it isn't fixed this time, that's the way it's going to have to be.

I'm not giving up. I like this forum. I like the topics. I like the effort. But I can't participate amongst so much mockery, jokes, insincerity and vitriol. So, anything I have to say is largely on hold until it's fixed. If that takes 7 years, well it takes 7 years.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #44
beren
Avalon Senior Member

I will copy -paste my responce from your other thread.

For God´´s sake man! I-G-N-O-R-E people who are mocking you and get to the point!

You are starting to stress me out!

I am afraid if you continue to bicker around with others( you too -others) I will not listen you, even if it may be THE most important message you might have on this Earth.

Leave them be , start a thread and conversate, but know that if one is not aligned with you , who gives you the right to shut them up?

I do not agree with many here but I do not shut people up!
It is not fair. Give them chance even if they mock you, slowly they will see or have a nice chat with you.

YOu re not helping with this attitude no matter how good you are or what info you have.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #45
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
I will copy -paste my responce from your other thread.

For God´´s sake man! I-G-N-O-R-E people who are mocking you and get to the point!

You are starting to stress me out!

I am afraid if you continue to bicker around with others( you too -others) I will not listen you, even if it may be THE most important message you might have on this Earth.

Leave them be , start a thread and conversate, but know that if one is not aligned with you , who gives you the right to shut them up?

I do not agree with many here but I do not shut people up!
It is not fair. Give them chance even if they mock you, slowly they will see or have a nice chat with you.

YOu re not helping with this attitude no matter how good you are or what info you have.
I have no wish to shut anyone up.

Nowhere on this forum have I demonstrated any view that could even be remotely connected to a wish for people not to be able to have their say.

I sincerely do not believe you understand the problem.

Further, I am not displaying an attitude. I am being reasonable and fair.

What I am requesting is reasonable and fair.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #46
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I have no wish to shut anyone up.

Nowhere on this forum have I demonstrated any view that could even be remotely connected to a wish for people not to be able to have their say.

I sincerely do not believe you understand the problem.

Further, I am not displaying an attitude. I am being reasonable and fair.

What I am requesting is reasonable and fair.

Ok then, but what about this;

I noticed when someone replies to your thread and ,say, supports Billy Meier.

Or answers other stuff, then you jump in and cut off that person with your blunt statement about their reply. What happens next?

People get offended since you cut them off with your blunt reply which may or may not be true.

Communication is two way street.
My self, I heard about Billy Meier a year ago , looked his photos and I do not trust him. But that is my opinion. I do not go around and yell Billy is a clown or fake or whatever. Let people do fact checking and decide for themselves, I can not and will not persuade anyone into anyting.

But you then , you just use your shears and cut out !
How on earth you think you will be taken seriously and listened when you do that?

You have to allow people to have their say, then together search for answers, even if you know the facts, others may not know them.
We are not robots and YES SIR folks. We have emotions and we do need to process them in order to shed old learning and to get to the truth.
It is a painful process. It takes time. You do not cut someone´s leg if you find it sick. You try to heal it ,burture it and at the end if there is no other solution , you cut it to save the man.

Do not cut legs here Truthwalker,

P.S.
Jesus was not doing that...
Old 12-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #47
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Ok then, but what about this;

I noticed when someone replies to your thread and ,say, supports Billy Meier.

Or answers other stuff, then you jump in and cut off that person with your blunt statement about their reply. What happens next?

People get offended since you cut them off with your blunt reply which may or may not be true.

Communication is two way street.
My self, I heard about Billy Meier a year ago , looked his photos and I do not trust him. But that is my opinion. I do not go around and yell Billy is a clown or fake or whatever. Let people do fact checking and decide for themselves, I can not and will not persuade anyone into anyting.

But you then , you just use your shears and cut out !
How on earth you think you will be taken seriously and listened when you do that?

You have to allow people to have their say, then together search for answers, even if you know the facts, others may not know them.
We are not robots and YES SIR folks. We have emotions and we do need to process them in order to shed old learning and to get to the truth.
It is a painful process. It takes time. You do not cut someone´s leg if you find it sick. You try to heal it ,burture it and at the end if there is no other solution , you cut it to save the man.

Do not cut legs here Truthwalker,

P.S.
Jesus was not doing that...
If someone is asking a question to be smart, I don't see the need to spend my time replying to them. I only reply to genuine responses.

You are turning this thread into an argument. I am no longer going to respond to you, also, if you don't stop littering this thread with unfounded and incorrect accusations.

If you do it again the response will be:

*ignored*
Old 12-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #48
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Truthwalker... I've read and I've read... I don't think I've seen anything of Substance
that you have Posted. Most of your excellent writing it seems has been
disruptive and distracting to members of this forum. I do NOT wish to engage
you.

But, in MY eye's you will NOT instruct our Mods. Now, I may have been a
little harsh in the past... [But, I don't think so...] I ask that You take a step
back... collect your thoughts... You've seen how it works on other threads.

Post something of interest to the Forum... With the clear intent of delivery of
your message/Story/interests. Or, its NOT going to work. And, you will be gone.

But, you may have a point to your posts [I haven't seen it yet] other than
disruption. And, to insult Brook, well that's reason for you to be gone Right
there, in My eye's... Fore she has brought some outstanding threads and she
sure does Not need me to defend her.

But, I, SEE substance to BROOKS posts... And, Humor when it is needed...

Like I said... I DO NOT want to engage you.... But, I will for the Community.

Trooly,

Tango

Quote:
Can you just go away and give up your mission to prove to me that I'm some sort of runaway nut? I am posting ALL of this for GOOD reasons which extend back more than six months!

Brook has done nothing but post insult after insult after sarcasm riddled insult. Mentioning her name isn't going to help what ever case you think you're trying to make.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #49
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Truthwalker... I've read and I've read... I don't think I've seen anything of Substance
that you have Posted. Most of your excellent writing it seems has been
disruptive and distracting to members of this forum. I do NOT wish to engage
you.

But, in MY eye's you will NOT instruct our Mods. Now, I may have been a
little harsh in the past... [But, I don't think so...] I ask that You take a step
back... collect your thoughts... You've seen how it works on other threads.

Post something of interest to the Forum... With the clear intent of delivery of
your message/Story/interests. Or, its NOT going to work. And, you will be gone.

But, you may have a point to your posts [I haven't seen it yet] other than
disruption. And, to insult Brook, well that's reason for you to be gone Right
there, in My eye's... Fore she has brought some outstanding threads and she
sure does Not need me to defend her.

But, I, SEE substance to BROOKS posts... And, Humor when it is needed...

Like I said... I DO NOT want to engage you.... But, I will for the Community.

Trooly,

Tango
Ah, Tango, the one who spends his time running around the forum (incorrectly, and vitreously) accusing everyone of being agents. So much that he had to be banned.

Your advice means nothing to me. You're one of the trouble makers.

Ignored.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #50
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"Men of wit and understanding convert a stone lying on the ground into a stepping stone, while men devoid of common sense turn even a stepping stone into a stumbling block on their way. In life, it is the way of looking at things that matters."

- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in "Wings of Love and Random Thoughts

Peace
mudra
Closed Thread