Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #26
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: our connection to nature...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
thank you for this thread rhythmm and morguana that image has brought tears to my eyes. a beautiful picture.

http://www.impactlab.com/2006/02/07/...otos-of-china/

some lovely ones here too

peace always
wow Mikey you were not kidding
i see if i can find a link and bring up the pics here
China a most unusual country ...
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #27
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
BREATHARIANISM

A breatharian is a person who does not eat or drink
and is nourished by pure energy. Some sources say
that breatharians live of light, some say they live of prana,
others say it is sunlight, or air.

Blessings
lightbeing
bumping this most interesting
Lightbeing........
Old 01-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #28
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Lightbeing

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #29
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

happy Imbolc....
Old 01-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #30
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

I have personally thought that nature is a cycle, a circle. All things require nourishment...everything...in order to live, in order to grow, in order to become more. In order for something to live, something must die. But what dies is only the physical, the material, not the spirit. All living things have spirit and everything is alive, everything, not somethings, everything. No matter which way you look at it, something will always die in order for you to live. This is a law of nature, and you cannot escape it. You can say to yourself that will not eat meat because you cannot kill something to nourish yourself, so you become a vegetarian. Plants are just as much alive as an animal, so you become a killer just the same.

The roof over your head that protects you from the elements was provided by nature and something died so you could live. The clothes you wear to protect you have been provided from nature and something died so you could live. What you need to realize is that it does not matter what natures provides for you. You are a part of nature, and what you have taken from her, will eventually be given back. This is the cycle of nature. What goes around, comes around. the problem with society is that we do not see ourselves as part of nature, we see ourselves as above it. We see nature as something to be exploited, what I mean by exploitation is that we take more than we need. We do not respect nature, we do not respect its cycle, we do not respect the spirit within nature.

Native American Indians pay homage to what they have extracted from nature. They pay homage to the spirit of whatever it is they have killed in order for them to live. This is "respect" of the spirit within nature, within all living things, within life. This is a very simple thing to do, all you must say is Thank You. So you can bang your head against the wall if you like, about the choices of the way you wish to nourish your physical body, but in the end, something will always have died so that you could live, it is the cycle that you are apart of, because you are a part of nature. All you have to do is "respect" it.

Last edited by ojibway; 01-30-2010 at 07:30 PM.
ojibway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #31
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Ojibway, there are those who choose to act upon their respect as well. There is such a thing as minimising and always trying to reduce the ways in which we have an unethical impact on that which is around us. Just because something will always have died to aid our living doesn't make it ok to just say thank you, no matter how sincere; there are those who actively try to be better in every way where the road to self improvement doesn't stop at accepting, they see it as not good enough and that is admirable - they want to be the best they can, which is a bar much higher than many bother about but could do or try to and want to.

Of course there is a level of understanding about living in our environments though because of course unless you wear little or nothing and lightly brush the ground before you walk and even then of course you'll be killing something even on a micro level, but obviously it's easier to strive for that if you live in a cleaner, less populated area but you can still aim to get close to that. So yes technically we will always be causing damage just by existing but we should try to be as respectful to our neigbours i.e. other life on earth and earth itself and indeed the universe as we can and that is more than just being grateful that something/one died for us. We may be individuals but we are part of a bigger society/planetary system etc and to many, part of each other as creation in general so we have a duty/obligation to be the best we can and constantly strive to be better and find/remember better ways of living.

Last edited by She-Ra; 01-30-2010 at 07:41 PM.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #32
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

You have just reiterated everything that I just said. We will always have "need" for something from nature, but this is because we are part of nature. You can punish yourself for being part of nature and tell yourself that things are not ok because of your "need". But all you are doing by this punishment is trying to believe that you are "not" part of nature. You become the monk who whips his back because he has witnessed human desire and now he finds he wants desire but to avoid his "need" he punishes himself for it. Why do you want to beat yourself up, just respect nature and respect your "need" of it. That's all I was trying say. We cannot avoid this "need", saying thank you because of your need, is respectful. The only way to avoid this "need" is complete isolation from nature, but then you will not part of nature. You are not interacting with it, you are not becoming more, and you will understand less about nature.

Last edited by ojibway; 01-30-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #33
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

So those who strive to be more conscious of those around them are not part of nature or interacting with it? That's certainly not true of some of the most extensive knowledge we still have some access to e.g. the vedic knowledge of nature and humanity as part of nature. Yes it is partially punishment to to practise self-evaluation and think about and act on how to improve because when you do unethical things you can't just say oops and move on or sorry I'll do better - it's acknowledging your behaviour, taking responsibility for it and doing better. If we do the unforgivable or unjustifiable we deserve punishment, but there are also things we do that aren't unjustifiable and unforgivable that we can learn from or do better from without that. There's nothing wrong with feeling guilty but it's not all about that, especially is you're not an uncaring, constant victimiser.

How can trying to learn about nature, what is healthy, learning to improve the body/mind ability, learning to live with care, love and respect for the environment and those we share it with be punishment? How does it make those with that view less natural when they're actually empathising and sympathising more with that and/or trying to give up unnatural things e.g. trying not to or reduce pollution, trying to stop slave labour, trying to use less harsh chemicals, trying to help? How is learning more about sciences, history, social sciences etc less than? How is trying to walk more than drive less natural or less interactive with nature?

You'd have a tough time trying to tell someone well versed and practised like a Hindu/Buddish/Jain etc priest for example who practises these behaviours and accepts that we have responsibility that they are not close to nature or not as respectful of it and know less about it.

No one's denying we need nature, we are a part of it, but there's no need to take advantage of it either and that saying thank you is respectful or aware of it enough.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #34
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

I have the impression that you think that I am saying that it is alright to take what you want from nature, say thank you, and everything is okay. That is not what I am saying. We will always have a 'need" to take from nature, but taking what you "need" and taking what you "want" are two very different things. One leaves a small footprint, the other leaves a large one. Persons who live in developed nations have become dependent upon the system. That dependency has distanced the individual from nature. We no longer know how to live in it. We no longer know the "need" of nature. Yes, we are becoming more conscious of our actions and it's repercussions to nature, but we are outnumbered by those who take what they want because there is a "need". This conscious voice is becoming louder in developed nations, but the driving force is still to consume...to want...instead of need. And man are we wasteful, and this is the whole point I am trying to get across. You have to take what you "need' from nature, you cannot get it anywhere else. So take what you need from nature and be happy from that, be grateful, and respect the spirit of what ever it is that has sated your "need". Like it or not we are an animal, part of the animal kingdom and sometimes our "need" from nature is not pretty, even when you take only what you need.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #35
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #36
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #37
tintagelcave
Avalon Senior Member

These days, I experience that nature is offering great wisdom.The earth is going to support us through "the times they are a changing" as Bob Dylan sang. And being aware of the elements fire, water, air and earth in nature is an entrance to know your connection to yourself and all life. Well, that's my experience. It's easy to become hypnotised by the media, advertisements and surround sound. To be able to clear your mind is a great comfort, these days and in the near future. I recommand the organisation Kamana, a north American Indian way of learning to live in nature. In England, there's a branch of this, called Bushcraft. Survival skills by learning to connect with nature from the heart (< :
tintagelcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #38
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

be the seed you wish to grow

m x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #39
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

I hope you love this like I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-8WKskPBTA

sorry I couldn't imbed this directly. please let me know if it does not work.
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #40
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

rhythm wrote: "In order for something to live, something must die. But what dies is only the physical, the material, not the spirit. All living things have spirit and everything is alive, everything, not somethings, everything. No matter which way you look at it, something will always die in order for you to live."

Well, I think that is some sort of funky jacked up thinking, but is an expected thought train considering that we live in a world where every time that we must eat (to survive) something must die.

This is say to "god"> whatthephuckover? Whoever/Whatever God IS, I object to this situation< It ought not to EVER be... that something MUST die in order for me to LIVE... that is fundamental religious, sacrificial sickthinking! methinks!!! I TOTALLY OBJECT even tho I am held subject to this.

Hmmm... ok, I know that I'm strange... but there is some sort of really strange set up here with this concept.. and for anyone to find worthy excuses for this manifestation to exist, has indeed been incorporated into the madness that IS the world!... has been assimilated into THE matrix !!! Can I hear an "amen", oh palease!

Jack up your consciousness into a realm where it is not a fundamental necessity to nourish your Being by ingesting anothers'.

Here we are, on the Earth... groping to know WHY this or that.
Accept that we are Here, Accept the prerequesites.. Just how we made it here from 'there' is moot... it's how we get from here to elsewhere that is not moot. This, to me, is the Essential KNOWLEDGE that has been withheld, not the price of beef!

( i just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in).... deep sigh
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #41
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #42
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #43
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

thank you linda ... so loverly im imbeding this one ..
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #44
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

this is a nice thread rythym.very deep

i am right now involved in an experiment with myself.it began one day with a post here at avalon.the post was about vaccines and slaughter houses.turns out,that for me it opened my eyes.on the day i read it,i was a mcdonalds addict,pop slurping sugar addict.fast food and no thought what so ever as to what i was eating,where it came from or what died to feed me.it all tasted pretty good.never really was a big veggy eater,never ate enough fruit.
the slaughter house artical i read was discussing how the s/h was set up to purposely be as traumatic to the animals so as to harvest their fear consciousness.i never really had any veiws on animal conscience.i know i've never liked killing things. i have killed lots in my life.
masquitos,spiders,bees,hornets.shot a few birds.love fishing blah blah.you get my point.
that artical also stated that the hamburger you eat at mcdonalds is made from up to a thousand cows.they are so mass produced.giant vats of hamburger blenders.thats an extreme example.
i didnt and still dont know much about consciousness harvesting .dosent interest me at this moment.
any way the artical was in the astral walker thread.(kathleen i think)
i quit eating alot of stuff that day.i've been doing alot of thinking on consciousness also.
for about four months i ate meat and fish,mostly fish.those months were the hardest.for about the last seven months,honey and peanut butter sandwiches have been my staple food.they have always been gourmey as far as i'm concerned,ever since my childhood.lol
grains berries nuts veggies mushrooms milk water
cheats..donuts,eggs,chocalat,coffee.
also been eating about half as much as i use to.appetite managment,lol
my experiment is mostly consciousness related.
the way i think about the consciousness of animals and fruits,nut and berries
is sort of like this.
if an apple isnt picked and grows ripe on the tree,and falls to the ground,it goes back to mother nature.the seeds will still grow even after they go through the digestive system.life goes on or continues.
grains,berries same sort of thing.
we dont have to eat it all.we have the option to put some back so next season its there again.
now adays our apple cores and cherry pits end up in a landfill.

you cant eat part of a cow and life goes on.the cycle ends right there with the death of an animal.no next season for it to continue.

i cant call myself a vegetarian cause i really dont eat that much.
a peanut butter and honey sandwichitarian
i work in concrete which is very labour and energy intensive and have noticed no difference.lost maybe five pounds.i feel fine.
i have received mostly negative feedback from freinds and family.i'm not an expert on nutrition but they all seem to be,lol.
the thing i hear alot is,"oh ,you wont eat meat cause its alive.life.but you will eat a banana or a carrot even though they are life to"

i feel a little more connected to nature with my choices of late,but im 46 and i have only thought like this a year or two.i feel somewhat guilty and ashamed for things i've done to her in my life.i've always my whole life thought i appriciated nature.now i think i was naive.
naked we come into the world,naked we will go.why do we gotta take so much in between.
i might be wrong with my new way of thinking,but i dont think so.
not sorry for my thinking,but sorry for the rant,lol

peace..kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #45
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for all the contrabutions

here its much appreciated

do your best is all you can do

love allways rhythmm

Last edited by rhythm; 02-11-2010 at 09:48 AM.