Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Strange Aerial Object Over Irving, Texas DEC 2nd

Series of 16 images taken on olympus E-500 slr with zoom lens.
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment

Linda Moulton Howe:

December 2, 2008 Irving, Texas - On December 1, 2008, I received an email from a Texas resident who encountered and photographed a highly strange aerial object while driving with his wife to visit friends in Irving, Texas, between Dallas and Fort Worth, on Thanksgiving night, November 27, 2008, around 8 PM Central. The location was the intersection of West Irving Boulevard and West Pioneer Drive in Irving.

“Hi,
My name is Ovi and on the Thanksgiving day this year (November 27, 2008), I took these pictures on my way to visiting some friends in Irving, TX.
The object was moving slowly and I had enough time to take a few pictures. I used my Olympus E-500 camera with 40-150mm lens. It was around 8 PM Central and I stopped in a parking lot to take the pictures out of the window of my car. If somebody can offer an explanation for these pictures, I will be grateful.
Thank you.
Ovi.”

I emailed back:

“Fascinating images. Can you give me more details about the exact location; i.e., central downtown Irving? Intersection? What are the buildings there? How far from the friends you were traveling to visit? How high was the moving object above you and how far distant from you in feet? How many inches long, wide, and deep do you estimate the object was? Any sound from the object? About how many miles per hour was it traveling in comparison to surrounding traffic?

Also can you please give me some background about your age, where you grew up, any academic degrees, general category of your profession, where do you work and live now?

With your written permission and without using your name, specific location or email address, I would like to share more details and your images in an Earthfiles report and ask for any other eyewitnesses to contact me.”

cont.on link above.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Paul J Salmon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Strange Aerial Object Over Irving, Texas DEC 2nd

NightFlight.jpgLooks like an airship to me!
Paul J Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah i thought it a possibility also-a blimp of sorts moving @20mph.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Paul J Salmon
Avalon Senior Member

Antaletriangle you are quite right, although speed/movement can seem faster or slower from different angles. Think I will have to look again, thanks for posting this one!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #5
Paul J Salmon
Avalon Senior Member

Read up and looked at the photos again on Earthfiles but still not sure if it is indeed a UFO. Think on this one I will have to take a rain check!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

interesting... doesnt quite look like a blimp......

hmm.. thanks for sharing bro.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #7
Wetpicketfence
Avalon Senior Member

I would say it is a blimp, with the red beacon on some of the shots, but what is strange is the gondola is missing...
Wetpicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Could it be some kind of balloon?, because there's something trailing behind it, like dangling behind it.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
Euphor|a
Avalon Senior Member

I didn't know what it looked like until I saw the blown up version at the end, it looks like a camera distortion, like a bad photo. I take a lot of those in and out doors, now what "trailing" behind it could be is ink/color bleed from the picture. It really looks like someone did this to the picture, either on accident or on purpose..look at the little spots and different colors how they look kind of painty. It could just be a bad roll of film, or a malfunction in the camera to create this and the person posted it to get attention.
Euphor|a is offline   Reply With Quote