Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Syria accuses America of 'terrorist aggression'oct 28th

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...on-975443.html
By Patrick Cockburn
Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Senior US officials claimed last night that the head of a Syrian network responsible for smuggling foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq had been killed in Syria during a raid by US special forces that sparked strong condemnation from Damascus.

The Syrian foreign minister, Walid al-Moualem said the raid had killed eight civilians and was an act of "criminal and terrorist aggression." Speaking at a news conference in London, he warned that Damascus would defend itself against any such future attack.

Sunday's raid, 10km from the Iraqi border, took place in daylight and therefore was "not a mistake," he said.

The rare attack into Syria marks an unexpected expansion of the war in Iraq and comes as the level of fighting drops to its lowest level for four years.

"We are taking matters into our own hands," said a US officer in Washington, confirming that American commandos had entered Syria on Sunday evening to attack a network of guerrillas linked to al-Qa'ida.

"The neighbouring countries now have good reason to be concerned about the US presence in Iraq."

cont.on link above.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Syria accuses America of 'terrorist aggression'oct 28th

my humble analysis:

initially, it sounds to me like an instigation ploy for the bush administration (not unlike clinton firing missiles at saddam during the early monica investigation) to steer some voters to the mccain camp. this is the old adage of, 'republicans are great wartime presidents; dems for peacetime'.

since both candidates are puppets of the NWO (rockefeller likes obama, and mccain will continue neocon policies in office), im led to believe that this is just some factions within the NWO wanting THEIR guy in office over the other one.

could i be reading into this? yes, i could-- it could be a simple over the border skirmish, but why wouldnt the US army have sent in more covert guys (delta force/green berets or rangers) at night (rather than during the daytime) there to keep it quieter?

the military wanted this to be in the paper, loud and clear. they want a provocation.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote