Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 02-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Growing List of Officials and Experts Warn of Depression-Induced Violence

http://georgewashington2.blogspot.co...d-experts.html

Growing List of Officials and Experts Warn of Depression-Induced Violence

The number of high-level officials and experts warning that the economic crisis could lead to revolt and revolution world-wide - even in the U.S. - is growing every day:

The U.S. Army War College in November warned in a monograph [click on Policypointers’ pdf link to see the report] titled “Known Unknowns: Unconventional ‘Strategic Shocks’ in Defense Strategy Development” of crash-induced unrest:
The military must be prepared, the document warned, for a “violent, strategic dislocation inside the United States,” which could be provoked by “unforeseen economic collapse,” “purposeful domestic resistance,” “pervasive public health emergencies” or “loss of functioning political and legal order.” The “widespread civil violence,” the document said, “would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security.”

“An American government and defense establishment lulled into complacency by a long-secure domestic order would be forced to rapidly divest some or most external security commitments in order to address rapidly expanding human insecurity at home,” it went on.

“Under the most extreme circumstances, this might include use of military force against hostile groups inside the United States. Further, DoD [the Department of Defense] would be, by necessity, an essential enabling hub for the continuity of political authority in a multi-state or nationwide civil conflict or disturbance,” the document read.
Director of National Intelligence Dennis C. Blair said:
"The global economic crisis ... already looms as the most serious one in decades, if not in centuries ... Economic crises increase the risk of regime-threatening instability if they are prolonged for a one- or two-year period," said Blair. "And instability can loosen the fragile hold that many developing countries have on law and order, which can spill out in dangerous ways into the international community."***

"Statistical modeling shows that economic crises increase the risk of regime-threatening instability if they persist over a one-to-two-year period."***

“The crisis has been ongoing for over a year, and economists are divided over whether and when we could hit bottom. Some even fear that the recession could further deepen and reach the level of the Great Depression. Of course, all of us recall the dramatic political consequences wrought by the economic turmoil of the 1920s and 1930s in Europe, the instability, and high levels of violent extremism.”

Blair made it clear that - while unrest was currently only happening in Europe - he was worried this could happen within the United States.

Former national security director Zbigniew Brzezinski warned "there’s going to be growing conflict between the classes and if people are unemployed and really hurting, hell, there could be even riots."

Democracy Lover said...
Obviously there is no reason for there to be unrest in the US unless the government ignores the economic plight of ordinary Americans and showers trillions on the wealthy and the banks -- oops!

It would be a lot less expensive to take rational action against those who caused the meltdown and use the power and funds of government to help those hurt most. Of course one might not get a lot a campaign contributions/bribes if one took that course of action.

February 19, 2009 1:36 PM
Jim said...
Don't forget about the crime and violence produced by law enforcement agencies who want to keep their funding in a depression. The "protection racket" is the major cause of such.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Growing List of Officials and Experts Warn of Depression-Induced Violence

Goodness, you know, since HPH gets most of their "predictions" or foretelling based on the linguistics shifts on the web, we're sure getting a lot of verbiage about a revolution and violence. If it doesn't happen, HPH'll be accused of fear mongering - when in truth, what they were reading was not the events themselves, but the linguistics about the events - and boy, those linguistics are out there in full force these days.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Growing List of Officials and Experts Warn of Depression-Induced Violence

sorry...HPH??
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Half Past Human, halfpasthuman.com
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

hmmm....never heard of it...i'll check it out. thanks, dan.

ok?? i don't get it. not to worry, i'm busy enough anyways, without adding further confusion into the mix.

carry on......

Last edited by oldpaganfreak; 02-21-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

sorry, I thought everyone knew what halfpasthuman was. Clif High set up a software platform in the 90's for "a major software company located in the Pacific Northwest" which sent out webbots or spiders to check language use on the web. It was done at the time to give the company an edge in the financial markets. ie, if the language buzz around a certain topic was positive, maybe it was time to invest in that area. (that's simplistic) - what was innovative about it at the time is that it was based on the concept that we're all psychic (Dean Radin's controlled experiments have shown it to be so, only out to about 6 seconds or so), and shifts in our language now will presage changes in the future (consciousness?) So you can see how a company might enjoy the idea of figuring out in advance where people were going to "favor" something, in terms of the market.

That said, Clif discovered that other things started showing up in the linguistics - and realized there were non-financial market uses for the data. I think the first major one was in the early summer of 2001 when he told George Ure (who actually provides the important information from the linguistic runs for free on his Urban Survival website) that something very big, life-changing, literally for the world, was showing up in the linguistics for about 3 months down the road. And of course, that was 9/11. They've had some real success, some "failures" - some interpretational difficulties (the Columbia disaster seemed to be related as a maritime disaster) - I think the last thing George mentioned was that shortages are on the way - which was last week, as I recall. (I strongly recommend reading up on square foot gardening <G>)

It's a nascent technology, so there's still some learning and growing. They work very hard trying to keep their predictions from getting out on the web in it's original format, so that it doesn't occlude the data gathering. Also, situations where (as reported to maybe happen in Australia) a country literally puts nanny software on all the peer to peer communications in-country can cause problems for data collection, since a lot of that is included in the data dumps (not just the published stuff).

When you sign onto PA, on the first page at the bottom it will tell you how many members and how many guests are on the forums. The "guests" are almost all webbots - not necessarily Clif's

alys

Last edited by alyscat; 02-21-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post

When you sign onto PA, on the first page at the bottom it will tell you how many members and how many guests are on the forums. The "guests" are almost all webbots - not necessarily Clif's

alys
is that why any given thread might have 15 replies, but 1000 views??
that's pretty scary, really. man, they must have quite a file on me.
should i be worried?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I wouldn't think you should be worried. No more worried than you were yesterday. Webbots have been going on a LONG time. Just think Google.
alys

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
is that why any given thread might have 15 replies, but 1000 views??
that's pretty scary, really. man, they must have quite a file on me.
should i be worried?