Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
RASKAR AS AR
Avalon Senior Member

Default Report: Brazil police killed more than 11,000

Police in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo have killed more than 11,000 people in the past six years, many execution-style, according to a report released Tuesday by Human Rights Watch.
Few of the officers have been charged in the extrajudicial killings, which are often labeled in police reports as the deaths of suspects who resisted arrest, the report said.
The 122-page declaration echoes a 2008 United Nations' finding that police throughout Brazil were responsible for a "significant portion" of 48,000 slayings the year before.

"Extrajudicial killing of criminal suspects is not the answer to violent crime," said Jose Miguel Vivanco, Americas director at Human Rights Watch. "The residents of Rio and Sao Paulo need more effective policing, not more violence from the police."
Officials from the Rio and Sao Paulo police departments and the Brazilian National Secretariat of Human Rights said they would have to review the report before commenting.
But Rio state Public Safety Director Jose Beltrame, in charge of the city's armed security forces, did take issue with the 2008 U.N. report, saying critics don't recognize that his officers must constantly confront drug gangs who rule over slums and are armed with military rifles, grenades and anti-aircraft weapons.
"We have to deal with something few others face: armed combat with drug traffickers who are equipped with heavy weapons coming from abroad," Beltrame said in an October interview with The Associated Press. "That is a unique attribute our police deal with."
He spoke after Rio gangs had unleashed a wave of violence in which they downed a police helicopter, killing three of the six officers aboard - just a mile (two kilometers) from the Maracana stadium, where the 2016 Olympics' opening and closing ceremonies and the 2014 World Cup final will be held.
The Human Rights Watch report examined 51 cases in Rio and Sao Paulo in which it seemed that police had killed an alleged criminal, but then reported the victim died while resisting arrest.

In 33 cases, forensic evidence "was at odds with the official version of what took place" - including 17 cases in which autopsies indicated police shot the person at point-blank range, the report said, adding that "the 51 cases do not represent the totality of potential extrajudicial killings, but are indicative of a much broader problem."
Using government statistics, the report noted that police have killed more than 11,000 people in Sao Paulo and Rio since 2003. In Rio, the killings reached a high of 1,330 in 2007.
The report also states that Rio police killed one of every 23 people arrested, and Sao Paulo police one of every 348 in 2008. In comparison, police in the U.S. killed one of every 37,000 people arrested that year.
The report recommends creating specialized units within state prosecutors' offices to investigate "resistance" killings and ensure that officers responsible for extrajudicial executions are brought to justice.
RASKAR AS AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Report: Brazil police killed more than 11,000

Who are the police ? I am curious because I have police in my family and I know that they have been infiltrated by homeland security.

I just read that many are being let go and I'm sure its because of who is now taking over are deffinately global.

So why I am asking is, are they really the police behind all of this ? Could it be just a way to get rid of the good guys and infiltrate them with their selected few ?

Maybe that already happened, that is why I am asking

Do you trust the UN's findings ? I just want to believe that UN is for us human beings and I haven't made that decision yet . I think NOT !

To say they filed their report with the UN means immediate defeat IMO

I used to think I knew the answers and now it seems I know nothing
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
Who are the police ? I am curious because I have police in my family and I know that they have been infiltrated by homeland security.

I just read that many are being let go and I'm sure its because of who is now taking over are deffinately global.

So why I am asking is, are they really the police behind all of this ? Could it be just a way to get rid of the good guys and infiltrate them with their selected few ?

Maybe that already happened, that is why I am asking

Do you trust the UN's findings ? I just want to believe that UN is for us human beings and I haven't made that decision yet . I think NOT !

To say they filed their report with the UN means immediate defeat IMO

I used to think I knew the answers and now it seems I know nothing
We thought we knew the answers before the myth began to collapse, now everything we thought we knew was a lie or an illusion created to keep us asleep at the wheel. There are some strange things going on...scifi is turning into reality with the creation of super soldiers, cyborg soldiers and who knows what else trained to keep the public subdued when social order breaks down next year. What's scary is they NEED a police or military force that won't think twice about dropping air-raids on American neighborhoods or killing Americans on sight when ordered to do so.

Somethings going on, listen to this former Kansas Highway Patrol officer claims that US Forces are preparing to attack Americans and go to war against our own citizens on US soil. The day after I listened to this interview, Viking posted the article on a possible Showdown in DC , 7 planes of foreign authorities landing to let the criminal gangsta's in Washington know the gig is up...I can't think of any other event that would create such chaos related to how Americans have been robbed by the elite.

http://survivingearthchanges.ning.co...sg_share_topic
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:54 AM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
We thought we knew the answers before the myth began to collapse, now everything we thought we knew was a lie or an illusion created to keep us asleep at the wheel. There are some strange things going on...scifi is turning into reality with the creation of super soldiers, cyborg soldiers and who knows what else trained to keep the public subdued when social order breaks down next year. What's scary is they NEED a police or military force that won't think twice about dropping air-raids on American neighborhoods or killing Americans on sight when ordered to do so.

Somethings going on, listen to this former Kansas Highway Patrol officer claims that US Forces are preparing to attack Americans and go to war against our own citizens on US soil. The day after I listened to this interview, Viking posted the article on a possible Showdown in DC , 7 planes of foreign authorities landing to let the criminal gangsta's in Washington know the gig is up...I can't think of any other event that would create such chaos related to how Americans have been robbed by the elite.

http://survivingearthchanges.ning.co...sg_share_topic

Is this a new video ? Can you put it up here ? Thanks
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

For everyone who really wants to know about the hard reality in Brasil,
especially in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, I recommend the movie:

"Tropa de Elite"!

It's hard stuff, but it gives you a reality-check.

"we're all enlightened beings blah di blah di blah"
After this movie you'll never ever believe in such eso-nonsense again!

P.S.
Do you know which country has the highest annual murder-rate?
South Africa and India!
With the little difference that India has a population of over 1 billion and South Africa has only 50 million!
YES. The jolly post-1994-Mandela-end-of-Arpartheid-South-Africa!!!
Especially white South Africans are the target of rape and murder! Tens of thousands have been killed since 1994 and
tens of thousands fled from this country!
So please Mr. esotheric-Namaste-love-all-people wake up!

Last edited by King Lear; 12-10-2009 at 11:08 PM.
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
Made_in_Brazil
Avalon Senior Member

CHALICE

"Cálice"
Written by Buarque- sung by Buarque & Milton
Buarque (The Genius) makes use of cryptic language to send subliminal messages against opressive powers in this song. Relevant to its age and - like all Master Art - non-temporal.

In Portuguese, the word "Cálice" ("Chalice") is a homophony with the expression (shut up!). Christ's Gethsemani suffering is here leveled down to the silent, repressed and lonely cry of the whole of the humankind. The subliminal verses speak of anger, revolution, outrage against predatory capitalism (Diesel smoke), government's lies, injustice, indoctrination (Buarque wants to loose TPTB's indoctrinating mind and make his mind ( wise peoples's minds make TPTB loose theirs), aversion to bloodshed and tirany. A wordgame between prayer and curse, things that can't be said out loud, salvation and damnation. Still and always, if not for the intervention of a Higher Power (Father), an invitation to those of us whose senses are aware to rise and change or die in stupor.

CHALICE

Father, take away from me this chalice

Of wine tinted with blood....

Father, take away from me this chalice, Father!
Father, take away from me this chalice, Father!

How to survey this bitter drink
Inhale the pain, swallow the drudgery.
Although shut up the mouth, still remains the heart (beat)
(hence) Silence in the city is not heard.

What's worth for me to be son of the Holy Mother
Best were I born from The Other
Other less deadly reality
So many lies, som much brute force.

Father, take away from me this chalice (Father!)

How hard it is to wake up shut up
If in the mute wee hours of the night I'm damned
I want to release an unhuman scream
Which is a way to be heard

All of this silence makes me dizzy
Dazed, I remain attentive
In the expectation of, at any moment,
To see the monster of the lake emerge

[To TPTB]

So fat this hog is, that she can't walk (Chalice/Shut up!)
So oversused is this knife, that it can't cut anymore

How hard it is, Father, to force open this door (Chalice/Shut up! Father!)
With this word stuck in the throat

This Homeric drunkeness in the world
What's worth having good will?
Although the heart is silenced, consciousness remains
Of all the drunkards in the center of the city

Perhaps the world isn't that small (Chalice/Shut up!)
Nor is life a consummated fact (Chalice/Shut up!)
I want to invent my own sin (Chalice/Shut up!)
I wanna die from my own poison (Father! Chalice/Shut up!)

I wanna loose, once for all, your mind (Chalice/Shut up!)
My mind to loose your minding (Chalice/Shut up!)

I wanna sniff diesel fume (Chalice/Shut up!)
And get intoxicated until I'm forgotten! (Chalice/Shut up!)

Last edited by Made_in_Brazil; 12-11-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Grammar
Made_in_Brazil is offline   Reply With Quote