Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Exclamation Jeremy Clarkson

Found this link I had saved from 2008

The Sunday Times
December 7, 2008

Quote:
I don’t think it can. I have spoken to a couple of pretty senior bankers in the past couple of weeks and their story is rather different. They don’t refer to the looming problems as being like 1992 or even 1929. They talk about a total financial meltdown. They talk about the End of Days.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle5292547.ece

Some of you will know Clarkson from the tele program TOP GEAR
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson

i remember the said link and every time i see top gear which my friends watch i think of this link. which makes me think more along the lines of the plug being pulled at somepoint (already has imo) and leave the public holding the can.

its like the band playing on as the titanic is sinking.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

I had a similar conversation with a fairly senior self ascribed ****** banker and he said a few months ago it really looked like 'back to cave dwelling' but now it looks a tiny bit better. He then proceeded to explain it and seriously I have a perfectly adequate level of intelligence but didn’t really get it.

Basically from what I can glean (you have to start with the premise that it’s not all fixed and somehow derivatives are sane way of making money) is that we own the debt, the money is owed to us, normal folks. So I suggested that if we all said, forget about it, don’t pay any of it back and re-start the system and have money be worth the paper it printed on again. It’s all imaginary money anyway and he said no …..something something something inflation bla bla something. I actually spend a serious amount of time trying to think (or grab thinks from the air – there is always a solution) of a new monetary system design. But I am just not the girl for the job, I’m a word girl…..
I have read the two tier system of ‘subsistence currency’ that cannot be traded up and then the pleasure currency which can be and can be accumulated, however everyone has the same amount of the survival currency and food and housing are priced at this level.

Genuinely does anyone have solid ideas of how to manage a serious new means of exchange, because barter is as flawed as communism? Any economists out there, financial architects, or is it just dragon people these days.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

free energy and anti grav would keep people busy .. builing a ehole new architecure and system of civilisation from scratch. we must have chaos and other unpleasant goings on first though. think of all the rich people and those that love money and heir material possessions , they would not be able to cope under the new system.. lots of resistance to change is out there amazing as that may sound.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

That is my favorite show
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

I remember that article from Jeremy. I remember he mentioned about it earlier in that series of Top Gear prior to the article. Are people still trying to get him to be PM? I'll do an foreigner vote.
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote