Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default *Consider This*

I posted pretty much this same message under the topic What Does It Mean? If I'm overstepping by putting it here too, then the mods can move it as they see fit.

I've been calling for Ground Crews to get up from the computer and take the new paradigm out into the streets. I've told our local Forum members where I work, and put my cell phone number out there. And I've been saying: Let's get together! Let's meet, plan, talk, brainstorm, and act! So far there have been very few takers.

So consider this: the PTB have us right where they want us. They know where we are: sitting at our computers. They don't need to worry. We're not out in the streets, talking to people about what we all need to do when the stuff hits the fan. We're not offering hope to anyone besides our digital pals (if them). We're not out showing people that the solutions are in their own hands. If we were, then they'd have something to fear from us.

I want to draw a contrast here: I also belong to a group that is using the tool Strengths Finder 2.0 which is marketed as a business motivational tool. It is a powerful life tool that allows one to identify and focus on a number of one's strengths, and discover the strengths of others as well. Positive, proactive focus is what this tool offers. It's well worth the $20 it costs at Barnes & Noble. This other group meets every few days - in fact there's always some kind of conversation going on, like one of those perpetual rotating poker games.

Our focus is not on business but on moving ahead in community as the world around us crumbles. Sustainability. Helping people find real solutions by breaking out of the mold. It can be done. I'm not trying to show how wonderful my friends and I are. I'm trying to say that we need more of this! Action is needed, and there are already people striving to fill that need. We must join them.

I think that the idea of the Ground Crews was to fill that need, too. So what are we doing? This is what I want to see from Ground Crews! This is what we need if we are to have any effectiveness at all. If all we do is sit at the computer, there are no Ground Crews.

Please consider that if we fail to act, we are playing right into the PTB's plans.

We need to be balanced. The Internet is a historic development, a resource and tool of epic proportions. We need to use it. Forums like this one are of historic importance, because never before have people been able to connect in real time, all over the globe. You can research anything you want. The good, the bad, the ugly and the sublime are all at the click of a mouse.

But it's seductive. We can spend whole days sitting at the keyboard going ticky-tacky. Ask me how I know. We have all this information, but it's not knowledge until we know it, and it's not wisdom until it's been put into practice. So we have to find balance, and the agenda of the PTB is to keep us all off-balance. We do this by putting what we learn into practice. And we can't do that at the computer any more than we can in front of the TV. They know this.

They don't have us chipped yet. As long as we're at the computer they can locate us precisely, but when we're out and about they don't know what we're up to. They can read every word we type - including the parts we edit out, if they wish - but they don't know what we talk about. We're not under blanket surveillance, yet. And we won't be anytime soon because it costs too much, and they're broke. This is a real ace for us.

So once again I'm putting out the call for Ground Crews! We must get together, we must decide on actions, we must plan for the future which will be upon us whether we plan ahead or not. Some people don't like the name Ground Crew - so call it something else, who cares? Just do something. Meet in twos and threes. Join forces. Learn what's out there. Use this tool to enhance our meeting and networking - not as a replacement.

Again: they know where we are when we're at our computers. They're not stupid, they know human nature. We're in the corral. There's no lock on the gate other than our own intertia. Let's go raid the garden!

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-14-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Elucidation
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Whitewolf

Default Re: *Consider This*

Raid the garden, or SAVE the garden? The garden itself is under attack. And I agree with you that we need to take it to the streets and parks. But unfortunately we are scattered throughout the world and most people are still fast asleep, on autopilot. It's going to take an earth-shattering event to get the masses to do anything. The brainwashing program has been too successful.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
Raid the garden, or SAVE the garden?
Okay, maybe it was an unfortunate metaphor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
...I agree with you that we need to take it to the streets and parks. But unfortunately...
Nope. Don't buy it. That's where the excuses start. If you don't want to change your paradigms, that's alright with me. You do put your paradigms into practice whether you know it or not; we all do. Your life and who you are right now are the living embodiment of what you believe. If you look at your life and find yourself uncomfortable with that fact, it is up to you to change it.

I'm not criticizing you, sir. I'm pointing out that we can come up with a thousand excuses. We don't have to rally the troops. We don't have to become wandering gurus. I would be completely incompetent if that was what was expected of me. We just have to shine with the knowledge that we have. But if you don't want to, that's okay too. The rule of life that applies to us all is, do whatever you like, with consequences.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
joet1980
Avalon Senior Member

Have fun man because until something massive happens to wake people up you aren't going to change anything. You go out and try something and watch as they beat you down.
joet1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
2feathers
Avalon Senior Member

I agree.

I live and work and live midst some of the brightest young minds in the world ... and if nothing else, I could host a pot-lock and open up discussions. College students can ALWAYS use a free meal.

Now - HOW / WHAT shall I begin the discussions with????

I'm serious. I'll post some flyers on campus. Where do I begin?
2feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feathers View Post
I agree.

I'm serious. I'll post some flyers on campus. Where do I begin?
Yes! Hell, I dunno where to begin...I'm in the same boat. But man, we're doing something! Where do you think you should begin?

That's it? Two people in the whole country?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 AM   #7
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

To be fair, 2feathers has a point.....where do you start.

We have lots of stories about agendas, conspiracies and plans for NWO by "those in power". We have lots of stories about how MAJOR things are going to happen between now and 2012 to planet earth and on planet earth.

We have whistleblowers puuting information into the pot as well.

Going back to the stories, some are believable, some are 50/50, some are (IMO) just pure rubbish......but one common theme between the good, bad and ugly stories is that hardly any of it is substantiated.

So, we are all worried, the **** is going to hit the fan...maybe, but nobody knows what **** is going to hit which fan.

Which is a problem, if you are wanting to awaken people. You tell them stuff they then want answers. But nobody really knows the answers.

Tell them to be prepared etc......How? What against? Nobody knows what is going to happen?
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
To be fair, 2feathers has a point.....where do you start.
You're right. And I really don't know a one-size-fits-all answer. I just know we have to start somewhere. I have mentioned Strengths Finder several times here because it's such a good focus and networking tool - that's one place to start. I think there are as many starting points as there are people - but trying to get people up off their butts is like pulling teeth. Cream rises, though...and the people who do stand up are quality. 2feather's idea of putting up flyers is a good one. I'd like to hear more about where that goes.

Quote:
We have lots of stories about agendas, conspiracies and plans...stories about how MAJOR things are going to happen between now and 2012...
And I don't think we should pay too much attention to any of that. Look at how many folks got themselves all worked up and emotionally invested in that spaceship that was a no-show yesterday (BIG surprise). And I just don't have time (let alone patience) to slog through a solid, one-paragraph page bearing channeled truths. If others want to read that stuff, it's alright with me.

But I view all of that as a distraction from things that are going on here and now: the destruction of our monetary system, the implosion of the old paradigms of governance and freedom, and the fact the people are suffering. They need to be taught ways to support themselves, protect themselves and feed their families if we enter a depression, or worse.

If the ETs come, I hope they'll be here to greet us and not to eat us. In the meantime I am focused on areas where I can actually accomplish something.

Quote:
Going back to the stories, some are believable, some are 50/50, some are (IMO) just pure rubbish......but one common theme between the good, bad and ugly stories is that hardly any of it is substantiated.
And a diversion from actually having a positive effect.

Quote:
So, we are all worried, the **** is going to hit the fan...maybe, but nobody knows what **** is going to hit which fan.

Tell them to be prepared etc......How? What against? Nobody knows what is going to happen?
But that's the point I've been trying to make: there are things we do know. Among the many things we don't know (and hence can't adequately prepare for), we know that everyone is suffering financially because of the greed of a few, and we know it will get much worse before it gets better.

We don't know if there will be another false-flag "terrorist" event, or if the elections will be cancelled and martial law declared, but we do know that many of us will lose our jobs and our homes no matter what, because the kleptocrats have run a great country into the ground.

We don't know if the Galactic Brotherhood is just waiting for the right moment to step in, or if Jesus is going to swing down from the clouds and land on Mt. Carmel. But we do know that the earth seems to be getting unstable, and that we've polluted it to the point of life being unsustainable for many.

These are major challenges, but they are things we can work with. We have to begin, or we'll wish we had when it's too late. And we have to get out and work together in person to do it. We need to use the internet to research, learn, network, etc. but then we have to take our strengths and knowledge and apply them.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
2feathers
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings, and good morning. (At least it is morning here!)

I have pondered this question .... where to start and what to do ..... and I can only speak from my personal perspective. I notice that I keep returning to the urge to awaken more to a tangible 3D sense of community. Somehow, the solutions all appear to be rooted in a sense of community. And, in many ways, all but a few of us function in relative anonymity.

It really doesn't matter WHAT crisis may or may not confront me. All I need do is ask myself a simple question - What will I do if I am confronted by the need to live as a sovereign entity for, let's say one week? (Let's just START with a week .... no need to ponder even WORSE scenarios to begin!) No electricity .... no water .... no Internet and cell phones .... no ATM's ..... no quick trips to the corner market .... just me, my family (and pets) ..... and my NEIGHBORS?

It MIGHT be a number of scenarios that could lead to just such a dilemma. I recall an accounting of my neice in Houston after the recent hurricane, and HER FAMILY was the LAST house on the block to have electricity restored relatively soon after the storm passed. Her direct neighbors had no services.

This could happen to ANY of us for many different reasons at any time. So it is only prudent that we plan to take care of ourselves and NOT rely on any other institution, person, ET, government ..... ANYONE ELSE .... to do the job for us. This can hardly be regarded as alarmist or irrational thinking!

I have decided my personal goal is to connect with three neighbors to make a plan. If I can inspire them to connect with three of their neighbors, perhaps I can inspire the entire community to do the same.

I think I will begin with the houses on my street. I JUST moved in to this community, so it will also be an opportunity to meet my neighbors. I will also do the same where I work. I work at an establishment just off grounds of a major University. My co-workers are all bright and energetic young adults. Certainly should such an emergency arise, the student body would have great concerns for their needs, and most of them would be a great distance from their biological families.

I suspect the answer will be found in simple, small steps towards community - rather than some broad and elaborate plan that overwhelms us all. I need only find ONE way to extend myself. The bigger steps will unfold along the way. Perhaps I might elect to assume responsibility for a basic 'first aid' station and so offer my skill as a medic/nurse/healer, or perhaps I might volunteer to serve as responsible for 'day-care' for the children in my area.

Anyway - I think THIS is where I will begin! I'm going to take a look at my schedule and find an appropriate night for an 'open house' and invite my neighbors in. (Of course I need to convince my adult daughter that this, indeed, a prudent path, and not just another of my 'crazy' ideas!)

terri2feathers
2feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
joaocbm
Avalon Senior Member

Well, having the same problem, i started by myself an association here in Portugal, helping people to overcome the crisis either by managing debt or by preparing for this problems.
Of course this last days/weeks it got a lot of public attention, as the association`s public statements, of how the crashh was imminent and so on, and so on, were right on target.
By now, we have over 100 members, and a newsletter with over 4000 subscribers that here from us (me) weekly talking about this subjects.
It worked a bit like a trojean horse, where i grabbed their attention using debt and spending and now they are much more aware of the conspiracy playing right before our eyes.
The media got it and i was asked to write a book on the subject that will hit the stores on wednesday, all over the country.

So, this is how i started something just by myself. I strongly encourage others to join this effort, and help build something that is like a dream to me:
A network of associations, sharing info and building some power(minimal, but vital) to start doing a collective mind change, even if gradual.

Believe me, here in Portugal, the growth has been well over my own expectations, and i was even in the prime time news on TV for 3 times, and now run my own radio program.

Feel free to ask me questions on how to start, and let`s build this network right away... (saberaverdade@yahoo.com)

(I guess i will start a new post on this, what do you think?)
joaocbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feathers View Post
I have pondered this question .... where to start and what to do ..... - I think THIS is where I will begin! I'm going to take a look at my schedule and find an appropriate night for an 'open house' and invite my neighbors in. (Of course I need to convince my adult daughter that this, indeed, a prudent path, and not just another of my 'crazy' ideas!)

terri2feathers
Wow, you kinda made my day! That's inspirational. Found your post first thing this morning! Keey us informed, ok?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #12
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaocbm View Post
Well, having the same problem, i started by myself an association here in Portugal...

(I guess i will start a new post on this, what do you think?)
Wonderful. Yes, please start a thread devoted to ACCOMPLISHMENT and ACTION! I would love to know more about how you started this, what you put in your newsletter, etc. And you've given me some good ideas. I will be meeting this morning with my SF group and I will be passing these ideas along. I especially like the newsletter!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
UncaRay
Avalon Senior Member

WhiteCrow;

Follow my line of reasoning below and see if doesn't provide some of the answers you are looking for...

America has to relocalize production of food and products, and we have to do it fast.

The collapse of the fiat money economy means there is no longer credit to finance large centralized production facilities. Peak Oil will mean that we can no longer ship food thousands of miles to keep super markets supplied.

The Centralized system currently in place affects America's food security negatively as it is vulnerable to economic upheaval, political manipulation, natural disaster, and enemy attack.

With thousands loosing their jobs, and the government corrupt, bankrupt, or plain incompetent, there will simple be no resources to rebuild the economy.

What will save us is the same thing that saved common Russians when the Soviet Union collapsed. The "Informal Market," is based on face to face trades, with your neighbors that need not even involve money. Such an economy benefits all who will work, is based on personal relationships and trust, and involves no middleman, so all the befit accrues to the traders.

Using the Internet we can set up "Economic Communities" and recruit people based on their proximity to a particular town or landmark. Say 30 miles, the distance it is practical to trade by bicycle. We can set one up for each township and then connect them all through a "meta-community" like the Avalon Project.

Ning.com is a free community site that lets you set up your own community. As an example of what I'm proposing I have set one up for my town called "The Cosby Co-op." for Cosby, Tennessee, USA. The URL is cosbycooperative.ning.com

I have set up different forums, each dedicated to a different aspect of localized business. There is a "Classifieds," a "Time Bank" (work trade), a "Ride Share," and a "free stuff." More will be added as we learn by doing. Neighbors are already starting to join.

There's nothing more "On the Ground and in the street," than growing vegetables organically and trading them to your neighbors for useful manufactured goods. The benefits of turning to local production are manifold and easy see.
UncaRay is offline   Reply With Quote