Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default How to leave PTB holding a fistful of useless paper WE don't needThe Rumor Mill News

This came from an email post byThe Rumor Mill News Reading Room

WHILE TPTW INTENTIONALLY CRASH THE MONEY SYSTEM - WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT. HERE IS HOW....

Posted By: X_Hermes <Send E-Mail>
Date: Thursday, 23 October 2008, 7:40 a.m.

The fact is that our highly manipulative system of money (=control) is breaking down, and that this breakdown is global in its effect. Many of us believe that this is being done intentionally, as yet another 'transfer of wealth' scam (on a mega scale, and one that we can easily feel quite powerless to resist.

Meanwhile, the money system has long since failed to properly deliver the classic definition we were taught in school: That it should be:-

a) A unit of account
b) A store of value
c) A medium of exchange

Well, it is a long time back – but I think those were the three defining characteristics as I remember them

Under a) above, money is only a viable unit of account if it is stable, long-term – otherwise the values being accounted for are easily distorted. Under c) the store of value has been constantly diminished by that form of governmental theft (one of several) called ‘inflation’, and therefore ceases to function properly in this role. We are about to see very much more of this, quite probably a complete loss of monetary value (like the Weimar Republic in Germany between the wars) as governments around the world magic up money to bail out or nationalise banks and other failing institutions – money they don’t have, and which is not justified by the size of their economies. This will bring hyper-inflation – just as it has when this situation has arisen in previous times and places! Then, under c), the medium of exchange, too, ceases to be effective when monetary unit value is being lost rapidly.

I guess we all know most of the above. I have re-stated it because it is necessary to see that 1) our medium of exchange is in the process of fundamental breakdown, 2) this does not affect the value of most of the ‘core’ goods and services that we use to ensure our basic requirements for living (though it is probably a different matter for many ‘luxuries’). It only affects the way a failing money system relates to those goods and services, therefore 3) we are in a time where money can no longer do its primary job efficiently, or perhaps at all.

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY THAT ALLOWS US TO BUY AND SELL WITHOUT BEING TRAPPED BY THE MONEY CRISIS, GOVERNMENTAL GREED OR THE BANKERS MANIPULATION. I ASSURE YOU - WE REALLY CAN WORK WITHOUT IT!

Think first about BARTER. Barter is as old as the hills, and was carried out long before money was commonplace. Its main disadvantage is that it is mostly one-on-one transactions, and therefore lacks flexibility, as you need a perfect match between buyer the barter parties to complete a deal. It is really efficient if you have that match.

However, modern technology (in the form of a PC) comes to the rescue. If a group of families come together to create a barter environment, a computer can ‘keep the score’, so that transactions become several-on-several. To illustrate: I can buy timber from Fred, he can get his ironing done by Sue, she can get Pete to fix her broken window, and Fred can hire Pete to lay some brickwork...and so on. The computer can keep account of the transactions between a large number of people, and ensure that each account remains within allowable limits, so that no participant simply milks the system. You can have your own units of virtual currency, each member has a cheque book, and there needs to be someone who is willing (for a small percentage credit per transaction) to run the central system. Essentially that is it.

This is known as LOCAL EXCHANGE TRADING, or LETS. A definition is as follows:-

LETS - Local Exchange Trading Systems or Schemes - are local community-based mutual aid networks in which people exchange all kinds of goods and services with one another, without the need for money. (Definition taken from the web site of LETS Link UK, which has a lot of good information).

I would add another thought to this, particularly valid at this time – a local system cannot easily be manipulated by greedy governments, banks, Illuminati cabals, etc. It is sovereign to the local people who operate it as a mutual trading system.

There are many thousands of such systems around the world – yet the vast majority of us have either ignored them, or simply don’t know about them. Well, in the face of a collapsing money system NOW IS THE TIME TO FIND OUT! Experienced LETS groups say that over 60% of your regular living needs can be met within such a system, and with some innovation, members can achieve even more.

A key to success of these systems is to KEEP THINGS LOCAL. Local produce, local services, local projects. And make sure that the central administrator benefits - my impression is that systems that rely on voluteers to do this usually get into organisational trouble sooner or later, and are prone to collapse for the wrong reasons (nobody willing to run it for no reward after the initial enthusiasm has died away).

Now, a little story (true, but taken from memory) about LETS systems in Germany:

The Germans have been one of the most avid users of LETS systems. So much so that, at least ten years back, some of the systems with bigger memberships (into the thousands) started approaching farmers to barter for THEIR ENTIRE CROP, and then went on to ask for crops to be grown to the specific needs of the LETS members. Supermarket Groups became highly concerned, and banded together in court action to stop the ‘commercial threat’ of large groups of people buying direct – and, as far as I can remember, they were over-ruled. Result: middleman cut out, while both farmer and consumer did (much) better.

The same can be done with manufacturers or distributors, creating your own bulk-buying power.

A number of initiatives, in partnership with local authorities, have created services partnerships using LETS ‘currency’. There are many other innovations, including bringing multiple LETS systems together for even greater bartering power.

These are all additions to the local goods and services that are at the core of the system. Managed with enthusiasm and a modicum of skill, a good LETS system can bring much additional life to the local economy. NO MONEY CHANGES HANDS IN THE PROCESS!

IT CAN WORK WELL FOR PEOPLE WITH NO MONEY WHATSOEVER – assuming they are willing to just join in and can invent something to barter that others want. From baby sitting, painting and the mowing of lawns to highly technical or professional skills, all have a place.

You can also do social things like giving some credit within the system to retirees, the sick, etc - as long as it is kept in balance with the scale of trading. Charity events can be used to generate credits for this purpose.

So, here is something practical you can do, to act as a defence against the coming financial collapse. Seek out your local LETS system(s), and start utilising them. If there really isn’t one, download one of the several freeware lets software systems, invite some friends in – and get started. If you can find someone locally with existing expertise in LETS, so much the better.

We really don’t need the broken down and manipulative systems of TPTW (The Powers That Were). In any event, it is increasingly used for all sorts of theft - sometimes on a huge scale - with the victims inevitably being US. You can be heartened that widespread use of LETS will also help move TPTW even more quickly towards their demise. Oh, and by the way – LETS can also be fun to do!

TIME TO JUST WALK AWAY FOLKS - ANY WAY YOU CAN DEVISE. LETS IS ON GOOD WAY TO START. GO FOR IT - DON'T YOU AGREE THAT tptw HAVE BEEN TAKING THE **** OUT OF THE ENTIRE POPULATION FOR LONG ENOUGH WITH THEI FAKE MONEY SYSTEM AND ALL THAT GOES WITH IT!

Certinaly, that's my take!

Xavier Hermes

P.S. I came across a great enrollment game for LETS, called Lets Trade, some years ago. You get a big group of people together in the local village hall (or equivalent), and spend the evening setting out what you want, and what you can do – and then playing a simulated LETS system for the evening to learn the trading technique. It is a real eye-opener as to how local co-operation can provide a large proportion of those goods and services you need to live comfortably
P.P.S. You can find a great deal of information about LETS systems on the internet.
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
nigel2285
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to leave PTB holding a fistful of useless paper WE don't needThe Rumor Mill N

love to see it work lots of people would give up the jobs they hate and do the job they would love to do .
nigel2285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
dreamangel
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to leave PTB holding a fistful of useless paper WE don't needThe Rumor Mill N

Sunny, funny you started this thread. I left my job (pretty good paying) the first week of Sept. I have been doing exactly what you are talking about. I have been bartering help around my house by helping a friend who is building a house and trading other things. It has given me a chance to do something completely different from what I had been doing and I have so much freedom. I am going to continue it for a while, at least until I absolutly have to have a job. I love it so far, and the fact that I am off the grid for a while and don't have to play the government game for a while.
dreamangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
CosmicFever

Thumbs up Re: How to leave PTB holding a fistful of useless paper WE don't needThe Rumor Mill N

excellent!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

There is absolutely room for such a system in the nearby future or better said: We'll have little else to fall back on.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #6
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Yep - time we all walked out and left the "System" to its own demise!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote