Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Crime & Violence

Commentary on Nutritional Treatment of Mental Disorders
from Willam Walsh, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Pfeiffer Treatment Center www.hriptc.org

The following information is taken from Dr. William Walsh's discussion on Safe Harbor's "Integrative Psychiatry" email list for professionals. To preserve Dr. Walsh's wealth of information, we have posted his comments here, with the notation of added commentary [with the date] as discussion goes on.

http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...s/walsh.htm#Cr

Crime & Violence

We've spent the past 25 years studying behavior disorders and have accumulated the world's biggest & best chemistry database for behavior. We have about 100 separate chemical assays of blood, urine, and hair for more than 12,000 behavior-disordered persons, including participation in 28 forensics studies of folks like Charles Manson, Richard Speck, Henry Lee Lucas, and James Oliver Huberty. This database clearly shows violent, delinquent persons to have striking biochemical differences, compared to the general population. The late & great Carl Pfeiffer helped me over the last 12 years of his life to development biochemical, non-drug treatments for these chemical imbalances.

The Pfeiffer Treatment Center was named for Carl Pfeiffer, MD, PhD of Princeton, NJ .... for his great contributions to our work. He died 6 months before the Center opened in 1989.

The Pfeiffer Center has completed several outcome studies measuring efficacy of this treatment system. The latest one involves 207 consecutive patients in which we carefully determined the frequency of physical assaults and destruction of property before & after treatment. I've completed a manuscript for this study which will be published in the journal, Physiology and Behavior, hopefully within 4-6 months. The results are quite spectacular

This study indicates excellent efficacy for young persons.... 0-16 yrs of age.... with sharply declining efficacy at older ages. The decline seems to coincide with the onset of drugs & alcohol abuse. I am sorry to say that our experience with adult ex-convicts is not very good & the information you received about 95% success in overcoming recidivism in violent criminals is not true. However, about 90% of compliant YOUNGER violent/delinquent persons respond very nicely to the Pfeiffer therapy.... About 60% of these report complete elimination of assaults and property destruction, with the other 30% reporting excellent partial improvements. Maybe some day we'll be smart enough to help the older offenders too.

We believe that America's best hope for effective crime prevention is early identification of at-risk youths and effective treatment before their lives are ruined. I'm certain that stimulant drugs and/or psychiatric medications are not the answer. (Feb 6, 2003)

Many years ago I did a study examining chemistry differences between male siblings in which one was a violent delinquent and the other a well-behaved child. We balanced age and birth order and accepted only those who lived in the same household and attended the same school.

I clearly remember a family living in the squalor of Chicago's south side black ghetto...... The father was in Stateville Prison for murder.... the mother was a prostitute who sometimes entertained her "guests" at home in the presence of the children. The boys were age 10 and 11 and both had suffered physical and sexual abuse from the customers. I've never seen a worse environment..... I remember being very nervous just driving into the neighborhood.

The 10 yr old was oppositional, defiant, cruel, truant, and was already in a violent gang. However, his 11 yr old brother was quite amazing...... a well-behaved, polite young man who was an excellent student and also class president. For years I wondered how such a miracle could have happened.

We eventually found 24 families that included an "all-American boy" and a "child from hell". The ill-behaved children had clear chemistry abnormalities whereas the well-behaved ones generally exhibited expected trace-metal levels.

This experiment was a watershed experience for me. For the first time I knew that environment wasn't the only causative factor in behavior disorders and ADHD..... that disordered biochemistry (probably genetic) also played a role.

In studying nearly 10,000 behavior-disordered children & adults since that time, I've learned the following:

1. A child born with ideal body/brain chemistry is nearly indestructible, and may thrive in a terrible environment.

2. A child with a MILD chemical predisposition to violence may turn out fine, if the environment is good and there are resources for counseling, etc. The same child might wind up in prison if born into poverty or an otherwise terrible environment.

3. A child born with a SEVERE chemical imbalance will exhibit terrible behavior, even in an ideal environment. You can't just "love away" a severe brain chemical imbalance. My group once visited and tested Charles Manson at San Quentin prison..... his chemistry was so extraordinarily aberrant that I am convinced that if adopted into a different family, Manson would have turned out the same. (July 28, 2003)

In the beginning, we had no way of knowing if the biochemical differences were a causative factor or simply an association. I decided the quickest way to find out would be to correct the aberrant chemistry of the violent children to see if the behaviors changed. 10,000 behavior patients later, I can report that the bad behavior in young children usually disappears completely when the chemistry is balanced. Children under the age of 10 usually correct beautifully without counseling of any kind. However, older children (14+) benefit greatly from counseling, behavior mod, conflict resolution, etc after the chemistry is corrected. I'm not sure if this is because of an ingrained negative self-image, poor social skills, or problems in breaking the bad behavioral habits. All I know is that counseling/therapy seems necessary with teens, even after the chemistry has been normalized. We've also learned that adult criminals generally fail to achieve enduring benefits with our biochemical (non-drug) therapies. Most are back in jail within 5 years. We are on a mission to identify the at-risk children and intervene with effective therapy before their lives are ruined. The window
of opportunity (for severe cases) begins to close in the early teen years. Drug and alcohol abuse may be major factors in this phenomenon.

Most children with a predisposition to bad behavior have chemistry imbalances which are fairly mild, and for this large group..... environment and life experiences rule. For them, early traumae might be the deciding factor. (July 28, 2003)
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Crime & Violence

What a great article Karen. Very interesting. I will share it with friends and family. For years I've heard of cases of the "bad egg" in the "good" family and the "good boy" in the "bad family". It didn't make sense, but the article explains much. Thank you

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

I agree Carmen, although I've seen it in girls too - my sister and I being a perfect example. I've also noticed that the parents in those families favour the 'bad egg/black sheep' up until they just can't cope and the child has turned on them too many times, until that point that child is like the 'prodigal son'. After that, if that emotional breakthrough happens at all, the relationship with the other child improves.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Egg
Banned

Seen this so many times. I lived on a run down council estate in England, and the children were so deeply entrenched into criminality it was shocking. However, there were a few shining lights amongst them who went out of their way to do good and be good.

I used to donate old clothes to this one little boy who had a severe family problem, no clothes, no money, nothing at all. I met him three months ago after not seeing him for years, and he is a success with his own plumbing business, has a beautiful family with two small girls, and a loving wife.

His brother, father and mother are all in jail for drugs and violence related crimes. He was the only person in that family without the addictive nature of the others. It made me feel happy to see him, but sad it turned out that way for his family.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

Karen we too have experience of this ...my son who is now 20 was born with severe epliepsy so severe he would have paralisis and strokes with the fits we had a very traumatic 12 or 13 years untill he grew out of them. But we are a loving family have a nice clean home and he has never wanted for anything, our daughter is well balanced and has a steady job his mother my wife is a very highly paid keep fit instructor and successfull i am an engineer but due to a recent industrial accident am on disability, but our son is a nightmare has terrible behavioural problems, shoplifts has no sense of morality or danger and is a real trial to live with. This is all we are told due to the massive chemical imbalances and changes that went on durung his first 12 years of epilepsy, so karen i would second your findings and agree as we have had first hand experience of these theories great thread thanks
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

The greatest point of the story is - that with the properly prescribed nutritional supplements all this can change. All this could have changed 50 years ago. But NO, TPTB have to suppress this type of information and research and push their DEADLY pharmaceutical concoctions and promote a chemicalized and GMO food supply to keep us sick, physically and MENTALLY.

In some of these imbalances some supplements will actually make the condition worse, so it's very important to do tests to find out which kind of problem it is. And like the work of Dr. Walsh showed - the earlier the treatment is started the better, before the bad habits are ingrained.

There have also been studies done on prison populations with drastic improvements for close to 100%, but the old habits sabotage most of them and the return to pre-supplement status.

It never hurts to try the "Orthomolecular" approach whatever the age.
http://alternativementalhealth.com has a worldwide directory of physicians with the proper training.

I have a zillion more links on what nutrition can do for mental health.
http://www.truehope.com for bipolar illness
Of course, TPTB have been on overdrive harassing and trying to shut down this Canadian company.

Who do you think discovered this nutritional formula that cures Bipolar with zero side effects? A great doctor or scientist? No - a father of two children with bipolar. It's genetic, the mother had it and committed suicide. There were something like 10 children left with this grieving father. The two that inherited the disorder were on a cocktail of drugs that left them zombified, but yet they would still have breakthroughs of the illness.

So get this - the dad goes to a friend that was familiar with the nutritional treatment of ornery pigs - yep people with vet backgrounds are the ones that know how cure humans too. Pigs and turkeys don't have Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance, so a few dimes worth of vitamins and minerals are added to their feed.

Our mod Samarkis - her father is Dr. Wallach and he talks about his vet experience in helping people regain health with nutrients. He's the Dead Doctors Don't Lie guy. She's made a few posts about him if you search the forum for "Wallach."

So back to this Dad and his friend - they whip up a batch of supplements like for ornery pigs - but for bipolar illness and the two kids are now leading normal lives and taking no drugs, just the nutritional supplements - and the only drawback is when you get sick with virus or bacterial infections, you have to have your doctor adjust the dose.

Oh I could go on, (Look up "orthomolecular psychiatry")
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastawaycas View Post
Karen we too have experience of this ...my son who is now 20 was born with severe epliepsy so severe he would have paralisis and strokes with the fits we had a very traumatic 12 or 13 years untill he grew out of them. But we are a loving family have a nice clean home and he has never wanted for anything, our daughter is well balanced and has a steady job his mother my wife is a very highly paid keep fit instructor and successfull i am an engineer but due to a recent industrial accident am on disability, but our son is a nightmare has terrible behavioural problems, shoplifts has no sense of morality or danger and is a real trial to live with. This is all we are told due to the massive chemical imbalances and changes that went on durung his first 12 years of epilepsy, so karen i would second your findings and agree as we have had first hand experience of these theories great thread thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Awesome thread. Thanks for the great links - excellent!!

There was another thread with a link to the Biology of Kundalini...
the process of Kundalini creates chemical changes that often go hand in hand with manifestations of psychiatric illness, so all this makes sense. People can really be helped with the right supplements.

Many thanks,
Dakini
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I had a lot of behaviorial problems growing up, including violent outburts, chronic depression/anxiety and petty crimes. I've since learned how to cope with a lot of my issues but the last time I got in trouble with the law, that was the catalyst that helped me turn my life around. I was a spoiled kid, good kid at home but awful troublemaker at school (I attended school 3 hours away from home). I was hard to discipline and it took one brush with the law to ingrain in my head that I had to change.

Not sure how this applies but my brother has always struggled with behaviorial issues too and unfortunately, he's had to do time for his issues. However, he is out of jail and working on a new life, a fresh start. We have a history of depression/anxiety in our family and while he and my father choose to use anti-depressants, I am more interested in improving my nutrition because I believe that an imbalance in vitamins and minerals leads to depression and anxiety.

There is always hope for people, though there will always be exceptions.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #9
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sorry to be the voice of dissention, but something doesn't feel right about this.
Maybe its the myriad of labels assigned to all of these disorders. Maybe it's because the conclusions are based purely in science, from the perspective of a one dimension existence. Maybe it's because Charles Manson was cited amongst the list of test subjects. I don't know if any of you have ever listened to interviews with Charles Manson, but there's a lot more going on with that man and that case than what's been portrayed in the mainstream media.

Here's something to think about.
There are two women who have always had an extraordinary ability to communicate with 'dead people' (beings that reside on another dimension). The usual medical tests are run on them both to determine the reason for this 'problem'. One seeks help from the metaphysical field, the other from medical science. The one who sought help from the metaphysical end came to understand her ability and not only find the means to dismiss the harassing voices, but further develop other abilities and lead a life full of rewarding experiences. The other, is currently taking six different medications, carries the label of a schitzophrenic and spends her time zombied right out, or miserable because of her inability to understand or cope with her 'disorder'.

(These are both real people, by the way - I'm lucky enough to be married to one of them.)

The scientific community will address symptoms like these from the place of a one dimensional existence. Most people don't hear voices that aren't coming from physical beings that the rest of us see on this dimension, therefore the individual in question must have a disorder of some kind. Isn't that just like western medicine (especially) to label that which they can't understand as a problem/disorder/mallady?

The spiritual community, on the other hand will take a closer look at the symptoms from a more comprehensive understanding that there are multiple dimensions other than the one our physical experience involves.

From the womb, I believe that most children have abilities that would otherwise be considered unusual and depending on the family that they're born into - those abilities will either be encouraged and they'll provide guidance to help develop and understand them OR they'll frown in disapproval and seek out the label and corresponding drug to make their child like everybody else's.

There are other dimensions. There are beings that reside in these other dimensions. Rather than drug those people who are able to communicate across those dimensions, we've missed the boat BIG TIME in failing to take advantage of the opportunity to learn from them how they're doing it. I think a lot of people are locked up in sanitariums and the like because they are able to do just that. I've got to question the system that seeks to label them as such and sequester them from the rest of the population. What are they hiding? I don't buy the 'shame' excuse for a second.

In regards to the subject of crime, I don't have a concise argument other than to say we shouldn't have to want for anything. The system is flawed in that we must pay for basic necessities like food and water. With the level of technology that's available to us, there's no reason why anyone should have to bow to a master (of any kind!) in order to feed themselves. Jobs that were once had by people are now automated. You'd think that the person would be freed from that slavery to pursue other worthwhile endeavors....instead they're now obsolete and must find a new master to serve in order to provide for themselves and their family. Could it be that the ones who take what they need are actually more advanced in their thinking than that of the masses that conform to the system?

The point is that there are sooooooo many different ways in which we can experience this trip of life. Varied abilities, obstacles, manifestations...are any attempts to make people the same really to be applauded? Or are we regrettably overlooking the potential advances that can be made collectively by learning from these so-called disorders? We're programmed away from so much. We see certain diagnosis' as 'bad' for a reason...who wants us to think of them as such? And why?

Just some things to bat around. I like limitless possibilities.
peace
-recallone
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #10
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Good thinking, recallone.

I too think that it's a mistake to medicate people and dismiss their abilities as symptoms and disorders and basically lock them away. I cringe whenever parents claim that Ritalin works wonders. It may work for them but it basically stifles the personality of their kid(s) for the rest of their lives.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

This thread is about using vitamins and minerals to correct truly aberrant body chemistry that causes crime, violence, severe mental illness and extreme suffering of the person, their family, and all who care about them.

This is a thread about an alternative to drugs that zombify and harm people. This thread is against the use of such drugs forced upon our world by the pharmaceutical companies.

Yes - our system of categorizing people is far from perfect and quite defective.

Speaking of ritalin - there are many alternatives, including the one below.
Brought to you courtesy of the Ritalin Death website.
http://www.ritalindeath.com/
Yes Ritalin is causing many children to have heart attacks and die.

http://www.ritalindeath.com/Miracle-Wisconsin.htm
Miracle at a Wisconsin High School
Appleton, Wisconsin -- A revolution has occurred. It's taken place in the Central Alternative High School. The kids now behave. The hallways aren't frantic. Even the teachers are happy.

The school used to be out of control. Kids packed weapons. Discipline problems swamped the principal's office.

But not since 1997.

What happened? Did they line every inch of space with cops? Did they spray valium gas in the classrooms? Did they install metal detectors in the bathrooms? Did they build holding cells in the gym?

Afraid not. In 1997, a private group called Natural Ovens began installing a healthy lunch program. Huh? Fast-food burgers, fries, and burritos gave way to fresh salads, vegetables "prepared with old-fashioned recipes," and whole grain bread. Fresh fruits were added to the menu. Good drinking water arrived. Vending machines were removed.

As reported in a newsletter called Pure Facts, "Grades are up, truancy is no longer a problem, arguments are rare, and teachers are able to spend their time teaching."

Keep reading:
http://www.ritalindeath.com/Miracle-Wisconsin.htm

Last edited by Karen; 01-12-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #12
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

http://alternativementalhealth.com/articles/walsh.htm#D
Again from the notes of Dr. Walsh

Depression

After getting extensive biochemical data on more than 3,000 persons diagnosed with clinical depression, we found that 95% of them fit neatly into one of 5 separate biochemical classifications. Depression is not a single condition, but an umbrella term covering several completely different conditions. Anyway, we believe we have identified the 5 primary phenotypes..... each with their own classic symptoms and each with completely different treatment needs.

1) High Histamine (under-methylated)

40-70 is optimum histamine range for mental health considerations. Histamine is an important neurotransmitter which affects human behavior. This syndrome often involves seasonal variations in depression, obsessive-compulsive behavior, inhalant allergies, and frequent headaches. In severe cases involving psychosis, the dominant symptom is usually delusional thinking rather than hallucinations. They tend to speak very little and may sit motionless for extended periods. They may appear outwardly calm, but suffer from extreme internal anxiety. Most OCD patients with both obsessive thoughts and compulsive actions are in this category. Associated with under-methylation, which results in low levels of important neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. Treatment focuses on the use of antifolates such as calcium, methionine, SAMe, magnesium, zinc, TMG, omega-3 essential oils, B6, inositol, and A, C and E. The dose of inositol is 500 to 1000mg. Choline is anti-dopaminergic and often makes undermethylated patients worse. Also bad are DMAE, copper and folic acid. Three to six months of nutrient therapy are necessary to correct this chemical imbalance. Symptoms will return if treatment is stopped. Two good labs for whole blood histamine are LabCorp and Quest. Also use a special absolute basophil count as a methlyation marker. The count must be direct and not differential. Alcian blue dye is the preferred staining agent. Best lab for this test is Direct Healthcare Access in Glenview IL 847 299 2440

2) Low Histamine (over-methylated)

Low-histamine depressives are usually nervous, anxious individuals who are prone to paranoia and despair. No seasonal allergies, but many food allergies and chemical sensitivity. Low libido. Obsessions but not compulsions. Heavy body hair. Nervous legs. Grandiosity. Many have a history of hyperactivity, learning disabilities and underachievement. They are over-methylated which results in elevated dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Treatment focuses on B3, C, B12 and , with about 2-4 months required for correction of the imbalance.. Also DMAE, choline, manganese, zinc, omega-3 essential oils, C and E. They should avoid methionine, SAMe, inositol, TMG and DMG.

3) Pyroluria

A stress disorder characterized by pronounced mood swings, temper outbursts, anxious depression. Inability to eat breakfast, absence of dream recall and frequent infections. The biochemical signature of this disorder includes elevated urine kryptopyrroles, a double deficiency of zinc and B-6, and low levels of arachidonic acid. Devastated by stresses including physical injury, emotional trauma, illness, sleep deprivation. Sensitivity to light and loud noises, dry skin, abnormal fat distribution, rage episodes, histrionic behavior. They also have low levels of arachidonic acid. Treatment centers on correcting a double deficiency of B-6, zinc essential fatty acids and augmenting nutrients. It is believed to result from abnormal hemoglobin synthesis which depletes the body of these nutrients. A positive response often occurs within the first seven days of treatment, with 1-2 months usually required for correction of the imbalance.

4) High Copper (Hypercupremia)

If your level is above 140 mcg/dL, you would profit from getting rid of the excess copper. The most common depression phenotype for women. History of hyperactivity, tinnitus, and skin sensitivity to metals. Females with this condition usually have significant PMS and are prone to heightened depression during hormonal events such as puberty, gestation, childbirth and menopause. A woman's copper level more than doubles during the 9 months of pregnancy, apparently to enhance angiogenesis in the fetus. Women with an innate tendency for copper overload are prone to post-partum depression or post-partum psychosis. Estrogen increaases creuloplamin and copper levels and results in zinc depletion. Very elevated norepinephrine levels, elevated copper and low ceruloplasmin. Elevated norepinephrine/dopamine ratio. Most get worse after chocolate which is very high in copper. This condition is non-existant in males. Serum copper levels above 140 mcg/dl High NE and ADR levels can result from overmethlyation, probably genetic, elevated serum copper, and low folate/B12 levels. Hypertension is associated with high NE and ADR levels. Using folate/B12 will reduce hypertension and anxiety and depression. They often report a worsening of depression after estrogen or multiple vitamins. Most hypercupremics get worse if they overdose on chocolate. Treatment focuses on release of excess copper from tissues, promotion of copper excretion, and stimulation of metallothionein (a metal-binding protein). Many patients report a worsening for three weeks followed by steady improvement. Nutrient support is zinc, manganese, vitamin C and B6. Nutrients should be introduced gradually to avoid side effects. Use 25mg of zinc initially, then 50 then 75 as tolerated. A total of 60 to 90 days is usually required to correct this imbalance.

The list of things to avoid include the following:

1. Multiple vitamins/minerals containing Cu

2. Enriched foods with Cu added (learn to read the labels)

3. I recommend that she drink bottled water.

4. She needs to avoid swimming pools/jacuzzis treated with algicides containing copper sulfate.

5. The primary foods to avoid are chocolate, carob and shellfish.

5) Toxic Overload

This syndrome often involves a sudden, prolonged bout of depression without apparent reason and without a prior history of depression. Toxic substances which are capable of producing depression include lead, cadmium, mercury, and a wide variety of organic and inorganic chemicals. Treatment varies with the type of toxic material involved, and care must be exercised to avoid flooding the kidneys with toxins during the early stages of treatment. Heavy-metal overloads can be corrected quickly by in-hospital chelation, or more slowly using biochemical treatment. Organic chemical overloads require liberal use of antioxidants along with avoidance of the offending substances.

BTW, chocolate has 4 separate ingredients that can worsen malaise/depression in some people: (1) sugar, (2) caffeine, (3) copper, and (4) milk. The most significant of these for females is usually copper. Unfortunately carob has even more copper than chocolate.

Many depression patients experience striking cycles in which their depression may wax for months or wane for months. It's really hard to evaluate treatment efficacy for such persons since the patient may deteriorate during effective treatment or improve while experiencing placebo or a harmful therapy. (30 Dec, 2002)

Histamine assays for depression were introduced by Dr. Carl Pfeiffer of Princeton, NJ in the 1970' and 1980's. My clinic has found whole blood histamine to be very useful & has used this assay more than 30,000 times.

First of all, the analysis must be done for whole blood (not plasma, serum, etc), strictly adhering to the sampling protocol. We presently use LabCorp but in the past Quest also had proficiency for this assay.

The reference "normal" range for mental health is 40 to 70 ng/dL. Levels above 70 indicate undermethylation, whereas levels below 40 suggest overmethylation.

Undermethylated depressives thrive on l-methionine, calcium, magnesium, B-6, Zinc, and Vitamin C. In severe cases, up to 3,000 mg/day of methionine and 2,000 mg/day of Ca may be needed. However, we also like to routinely run a homocysteine test to assure the safety of the methylation protocol. This population is believed to result in low serotonin activity. This methylation therapy is quite slow in taking effect.... and often 6-8 weeks pass before
progress is obvious

Overmethylated (low-histamine) depressives thrive on folic acid, B-12, niacin (or niacinamide), B-6, Zinc, Manganese, DMAE, and Vitamins, C and E. In severe cases, up to 5,000 mcg/day of FA may be needed. Response is more rapid with this phenotype, with clear progress usually by week 4. This population is believed to have an innate tendency for elevated serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine levels.

This test can also help guide psychiatrists in selection of psychiatric medications. For example high histamine persons may do quite well on SSRI's, but low-histamine persons usually reactly very badly to SSRI's and are better candidates for benzodiazapines.

We like to augment the histamine blood test with an "absolute basophil" test offered by Direct Healthcare, Inc. The histamine assay can be affected by antihistamines and other medications with AH properties. The reference range for ABC's is 30-50.

We have an enormous chemistry database for depression..... more than 90 chemical assays for each of 3,200 persons with clinical depression. We find that 90% of depressives may be divided into five biochemical classifications, each requiring a different treatment approach. Two of these depression phenotypes are undermethylation and overmethylation. (June 2,
2003)

Estimated incidence of hypercupremia in our depressive population:

Females: 45%
Males: 3%
Overall: 30% (We have more females than males in our depression database)

As you can see from the numbers, hypercupremic depression is generally a female event. We are about to publish a database study which shows that hypercupremic feamles are especially prone to post-partum depression and post-partum psychosis. Many of these high-Cu females get worse on anti-depressants, but respond beautifully to nutrient therapy which normalizes Cu and Zn levels. (June 11, 2003)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
This thread is about using vitamins and minerals to correct truly aberrant body chemistry that causes crime, violence, severe mental illness and extreme suffering of the person, their family, and all who care about them.

This is a thread about an alternative to drugs that zombify and harm people. This thread is against the use of such drugs forced upon our world by the pharmaceutical companies.
Right. I was just suggesting another approach to the problem, one that takes into consideration a bigger picture than that of singular dimension science. The labeling I referred to is a means of division. "Depression", IMHO is a result of programming. ADD and ADHD didn't exist as when I was growing up. Is it a problem that always was and we just didn't have a name for it, or one that was created to stimulate more pharmaceutical sales?

But I didn't realize that this open discussion was not an open discussion.
My bad. I'll just read the subsequent additions without comment.

Peace
Old 01-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #14
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by recallone View Post
Right. I was just suggesting another approach to the problem, one that takes into consideration a bigger picture than that of singular dimension science. The labeling I referred to is a means of division. "Depression", IMHO is a result of programming. ADD and ADHD didn't exist as when I was growing up. Is it a problem that always was and we just didn't have a name for it, or one that was created to stimulate more pharmaceutical sales?

But I didn't realize that this open discussion was not an open discussion.
My bad. I'll just read the subsequent additions without comment.

Peace
Yes, labels and words create divisions. A chair is not a table, but they are both furniture. How can we talk about something if we don't use a word that divides it from something else. Some color might look like dark purple to someone, and another might key in more to the brown shades, or the blue shades - but that shirt with the complex colors my mom got for Christmas, may have been called purple, blue or brown no one would have called it bright yellow.

Yes, there is a bigger picture, and I guess my response is triggered by a long history of trying to spread the "good news" about orthomolecular medicine, that has been suppressed by the pharmacartel. You are free to post what what you want, but it feels to me like my message is missing the mark somehow. The message is about the tiny molecules in our bodies that control everything. Some are controlled by genes and are hereditary defects in metabolism, and all one has to do is the lab test to prove it and then bypass the metabolic error and provide the molecular end product in appropriate amounts. Some genes are dormant and then are turned on by trauma or some other kind of assault.

I believe ADD/ADHD is a label created by the pharmacartel to sell drugs, and to dope the Indigo children into not fulfilling their mission. I believe such disruptive behavior is far more rampant today because of the massive pollution of all types - but particularly the small but additive amounts of poisons, such as food colorings, in the food, water, and air and the lack of vital nutrients in the processed foods most kids consume. That is why I posted the Miracle at the high school story to show what happens when the kids receive one decent/low chemical meal a day.

We are also affected by the electromagnetic fields that run through the breaker box and through wires in walls, ceiling and floors in our homes. The radio and TV signals, the cell phones and wireless waves of all types are taking their toll. HAARP and ultra-long waves and things we don't even know about permeate the entire planet now and have detrimental effects first on some people, the canaries in the coal mine, and later on others.

I have a 5-year degree in Medical Technology (lab analysis of blood, urine, etc.) and I became disgusted by working for a system that simply hands out pharma drugs that all have side-effects and cause various damages to the body rather than correcting the trouble at the molecular level at which the true cause of disease begins (yes also emotional, spiritual, all that). Most of the tests I did were to monitor the adverse effects of pharma drugs. I got out. I can't do that kind of work anymore. And yes drugs do have their place, such as in trauma and emergency medicine, but I believe it is a tiny fraction of what is given to it today.

Back in the 1950s Dr. Abram Hoffer was curing cancer and schizophrenia with protocols as simple as 1 gram of vitamin C and 1 gram of niacin after each meal. This type of work could have received massive funding and the world would be a totally different place today. Instead it got suppressed and funding removed when anything promising showed up.

Yes, you are right - divide and conquer and make us all weak and stupid and fighting each other. There are many levels affecting us and our human behavior.

However the changes that happen when the molecular level is addressed truly look like miracles. But so few people know about Orthomolecular Medicine. Depression does have many aspects and contributing factors, but at a base level, as I shared in detail above, there are molecules and there are mainly 5 different types. That is why Prozac etc. helps some people but not others. Prozac also can have deadly side effects where too much serotonin builds up and in a waking dreamlike state people go out and commit massacres upon innocent people whereas they used to just go out and only off themselves. The same nutrient protocol that helps one type of depression makes another worse. What I am talking about is science-based. The tests exist. The nutritional cures exist. Most people don't know about them. 80-90% of all disease can be cured with nutrients specific to the person's needs and genetics. When a friends says St. John's Wort helped my depression, well it might just make another type worse.

I also believe there is a state that can be accessed that overrides the molecular, physical level. Like that yogi or holy man that took massive amounts of LSD with no effects. Surely that is a state for us to strive for. But meanwhile most - perhaps 99% are not there yet, and balancing the tiny molecules involved int he biochemical processes in the body creates "miracle" after "miracle."

Apologies I went off - very few people understand the molecular basis of human life and the scientific "mumbo jumbo" I posted above as examples.

Karen

Last edited by Karen; 01-12-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #15
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I also believe there is a state that can be accessed that overrides the molecular, physical level.
Me too.

Quote:
...Like that yogi or holy man that took massive amounts of LSD with no effects. Surely that is a state for us to strive for. But meanwhile most - perhaps 99% are not there yet, and balancing the tiny molecules involved int he biochemical processes in the body creates "miracle" after "miracle."
I'm of the mind that it's not nearly as unobtainable as we think it is. As we allow ourselves to believe more is possible...more is possible. Along with all of the supporting evidence for molecular assistance, there's also a pretty hefty amount of evidence that shows how effective placebos are as well. Our minds are so much more powerful than we give them credit for. I just wanted to remind anyone reading - that the power outside pales in comparison to the power inside.

Didn't mean to step on your thread.
Peace and light
-recallone
Old 01-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #16
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Just stumbled on to this video today...a good example of how something that's viewed as being wrong with someone can turn out to be advantageous for all...for the one's who look for it as such.
Dwarfism May Provide Cancer Cure Clue

Tags
alternative, crime, cure, mental health, nutrition, orthomolecular, psychiatry, violence