Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Default ... New Age ...

Okay, enlighten me.

Why is New Age "bad" to sooo many people?
Why is it such a cause of division?

Why is trusting your intuition, caring about what you put in your body, being positive, spiritual healing and knowing your potential as a human considered by so many in this forum to be less than any other "belief" structure, including belief in ETs?

Isn't it like ALL beliefs...before KNOWING settles in? Isn't it a stepping stone? And if that's the case, why make people who are on that stone feel LESS than by mocking their beliefs?

Who are the teachers of New Age philosophy that we shouldn't be listening to lest our brains turn to "fluff"?

I am VERY capable of googling, and looking up the definitions, what I want here is your opinion.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
Okay, enlighten me.

Why is New Age "bad" to sooo many people?
Why is it such a cause of division?

Why is trusting your intuition, caring about what you put in your body, being positive, spiritual healing and knowing your potential as a human considered by so many in this forum to be less than any other "belief" structure, including belief in ETs?

Isn't it like ALL beliefs...before KNOWING settles in? Isn't it a stepping stone? And if that's the case, why make people who are on that stone feel LESS than by mocking their beliefs?

Who are the teachers of New Age philosophy that we shouldn't be listening to lest our brains turn to "fluff"?

I am VERY capable of googling, and looking up the definitions, what I want here is your opinion.
Many people who use the term "new age" use it as a generalisation because they do not know or have a clear definition of the whole subject.

Its silliness really, akin to calling all substances "drugs" thereby robbing the topic of its complexity and the topic of its vastness.

If people use this term with you then back away very slowly whilst maintaing eye contact, they are obviously new to the topic and dont know enough to refer to it with anything other then silly little generalisations.

I enjoy partaking in the consumption of magic mushrooms from time to time, therefore i must be a druggy

Same thing different scenario, dont mind those people. they are there to annoy you

And a quick definition ;

New Age (New Age Movement and New Age Spirituality) is a social collective phenomenon and a spiritual nature movement that seeks Universal Truth through the Oneness of Humanity. It combines aspects of spirituality, cosmology, esotericism, complementary and alternative medicine, various religious practices, and environmentalism. It is characterized by an eclectic and individual approach to spirituality with a general rejection of mainstream dogma and religion.

New Age refers to the coming Astrological Age of Aquarius. The New Age Movement first appeared in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, gained momentum in the 1960s and 1970s, strengthened in the 1980s, and organized with the Harmonic Convergence in 1987. New Age practices and philosophies are found among many diverse individuals from around the world and range from atheism and monotheism to classical pantheism, including naturalistic pantheism or panentheism.[citation needed].

The New Age Movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions combined with science, particularly Ecology, Environmentalism, Gaia Theory, and Psychology. New Age practices and philosophies sometimes draw inspiration from major world religions: Buddhism, Chinese Folk Religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, and Sufi Islam; with particularly strong influences from East Asian religions, Gnosticism, Indian religions, Neopaganism, New Thought, Universalism, and Western Esotericism.[1]

New Age Spirituality has led to a wide array of literature on the subject and an active niche market: books, New Age music, crafts, and services in alternative medicine are available at New Age stores, fairs, and festivals.[2][3][4][5]

Im proud to be a new ager if thats what it means.

[edit]
Quote:
Ive a very bad habit of missing the last line of every post

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 09-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
Many people who use the term "new age" use it as a generalisation because they do not know or have a clear definition of the whole subject.

Its silliness really, akin to calling all substances "drugs" thereby robbing the topic of its complexity and the topic of its vastness.

If people use this term with you then back away very slowly whilst maintaing eye contact, they are obviously new to the topic and dont know enough to refer to it with anything other then silly little generalisations.

I enjoy partaking in the consumption of magic mushrooms from time to time, therefore i must be a druggy

Same thing different scenario, dont mind those people. they are there to annoy you

And a quick definition ;

New Age (New Age Movement and New Age Spirituality) is a social collective phenomenon and a spiritual nature movement that seeks Universal Truth through the Oneness of Humanity. It combines aspects of spirituality, cosmology, esotericism, complementary and alternative medicine, various religious practices, and environmentalism. It is characterized by an eclectic and individual approach to spirituality with a general rejection of mainstream dogma and religion.

New Age refers to the coming Astrological Age of Aquarius. The New Age Movement first appeared in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, gained momentum in the 1960s and 1970s, strengthened in the 1980s, and organized with the Harmonic Convergence in 1987. New Age practices and philosophies are found among many diverse individuals from around the world and range from atheism and monotheism to classical pantheism, including naturalistic pantheism or panentheism.[citation needed].

The New Age Movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions combined with science, particularly Ecology, Environmentalism, Gaia Theory, and Psychology. New Age practices and philosophies sometimes draw inspiration from major world religions: Buddhism, Chinese Folk Religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, and Sufi Islam; with particularly strong influences from East Asian religions, Gnosticism, Indian religions, Neopaganism, New Thought, Universalism, and Western Esotericism.[1]

New Age Spirituality has led to a wide array of literature on the subject and an active niche market: books, New Age music, crafts, and services in alternative medicine are available at New Age stores, fairs, and festivals.[2][3][4][5]

I second that

peace
bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

ill repost what i said when someone slgged off what i was saying as "new age"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWdoe
To quote Kyle'

"your conscioussness (consciousness) is more important than your 3D vehicle.

Now this is honestly nothing more then new age conformity which is scary... Your body is in exact equal measurement to that of the mind, the mind cannot exist without your body and i think you need to understand that.

Your body is more then a vehicle or a god awful "container" (which i might add is used to teach disconnection from Synaptical thought leaving you feeling not alive and at the mercy of suicide or no fear of death) It is an absolutely scary thought when Astral projection and oneness can disconnect man from reality and make him believe his mind is more worthy then his body as you so stated above... How many Black magicians have used this concept of Reincarnation to manipulate people into dying and never fighting back? because in the end your not willing to strike the swine where he stands.

Philosophy i urge, as always.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i responded
--
i think you misunderstand, i never said "mind" i said "consciousness", which exists separately from your mind, the mind doesnt "create" consciousness its "biological computer" in order for consciousness to interact in the holgraphic 3 dimesional reality. this is physics and science, not "new age conformity"

look into some books about quantum mechanics and the nature of reality.
clearly your body is important, and if blackwater para military people come to round people up, ill certainly avoid them.
your here to experience whatever you experience and evolve from your experience. if there were no challenges to physical existence we wouldnt evolve both physically and spiritually.

what im saying is try and understand the nature of YOU and YOUR reality and what lessons you can learn while your here. not fearing death just means your not easily controlled by fear, it doesnt mean you jump off a building. free will means you have choice even if you think you dont- you do.
you can be negative or positve both have value- personally i want to be in harmony with others and the environament, thats my choice. unfortunatley the people who choose negativity have great power because of our very fear of death and only living in survival.

wars would stop instantly if everyone were to realize this and realize each of us has the power to do EXACTLY what we choose. no one can make you kill another person, its your belief that "they" can, so in fact "they" do because you give them the power to do so- its just as easily the other way around.

if someone said you have to join the army or youll be shot, then i would say "too bad im not joining" then whoever was supposed to shoot me has to make a choice to do so, and most likely he would only do so for fear of harm or death himself- its not that he wants to.

everyone is taking orders all the way up the line.
it stops when YOU dont follow orders. this is the big secret the few have ruled the many since we stopped being small tribes and became "civilized"

no one is going to make me kill another, thats why i think "aware" people who talk about heading to the hills and buying guns arent "aware" of anything, theyre just a little ahead of the curve on current events.

this isnt new age pseudo science mumbo jumbo, this is common sense and i dont need a benevolent alien or a new age guru to figure this out.

-kyle

within what gets labeled "new age" is a lot of truth just as there is truth in some religions and in science, you have to put it together for yourself.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post

this isnt new age pseudo science mumbo jumbo, this is common sense and i dont need a benevolent alien or a new age guru to figure this out.
I am SO in love with you right now!

The most baffling thing about all this "new age" labeling of ideas such as yours and mine is that I've not seen ONE post that bemoaned any of the major religions for being "fluffy". Why the unequal treatment?

Is it because the truth of being PERSONALLY responsible for EVERYTHING in one's life is too much to handle, so then rather than confront it or try to understand it they make fun of it?

I for one relish the empowerment I got from my new age years. Brought me to here. Brought me to knowing who and what I am.

Thanks, Kyle!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
Ditto!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
arcora
Banned

Conjured,

Do you want confirmaton from your peers that you're A-OK? Or do you honestly want a different viewpoint so that you can truly question where you are going?

If you want a fair but honest treatise on the pitfalls of the New Age movement I will be happy to write one. However, it will take some time and effort. This is why I ask in advance.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Conjured,

Do you want confirmaton from your peers that you're A-OK? Or do you honestly want a different viewpoint so that you can truly question where you are going?

If you want a fair but honest treatise on the pitfalls of the New Age movement I will be happy to write one. However, it will take some time and effort. This is why I ask in advance.
I know I am EXACTLY where I am supposed to be.
And really, who knows where they are going?

I want to understand why so many detest all things so loosely labeled "new age"? Why does it drive people so batty? Why don't the other major belief structures get hammered as much?

What am I missing?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
Cookie
Avalon Senior Member

Heya, conjured! I like your new pic!

I've been known to deride the new age movement... but, you're right about it helping to make you 'grow'.. it did me too. If it wasn't for the new age movement...alot of the spiritual stuff that we take for granted as 'real' wouldn't have evolved as quickly..

I was a flower child back in the late 60, early 70s when it was all about love and piece. There was an innocence to all the sex drugs and rock and roll back then. We were naive. We thought that we could change the word with love ins and healthy eating and LSD. Much like the new age movement of today.

But, I'm older and no longer innocent. And sometimes, I don't have the patience for people who wear their rose colored glasses and speak of love all the time.. I know I need to step outside of myself sometimes and see life thru other peoples rose colored glasses. I have this feeling that time is short. It's time to stop being naive about our very real situation.

Oh, my... I'm sorry for prattling on and on... all of this is just my opinion. And .. you know what they say about opinions!

Love ... Cookie
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

To study and learn all kinds of philosophical views and other religious teachings from the globe even when we do not agree with them helps us to understand the true heart of God, the creator or whatever you wish to call him. After 4 yrs of theological studies I walked away, why ?
We have a confession session where we invited several Reverends to talk honestly about their life in the pulpit. Ooooh not one was able to unite the teachings of the bible with the reality of their life, thus living a double life.
They where good hearted people , some of them are my friends but they honestly speaking where in pure hell. A case where words and deeds did not match. So Rev. Frank Samuel ran from the pulpit to find himself as he related
to God and the world. I will not live a double life. So if you term that to be New Age so be it. I still love you the same, I am nobody to judge the awakening process of each individual. How can somebody say that Ghandi was not a man of God or that God only speaks through the Bible. In my journeys I met many Holy man who where closer to God than my friends in the pulpit. 50 yrs. on a spiritual journey, not perfect by any means but at least I can live with myself.

Last edited by Frank Samuel; 09-28-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

One aspect of the concept of "New Age" that produce aversion is the corruption that has been seeded in it.

Take religion as example. All began with a teacher, a guide. They didn't create religion with their guidance. The initial Knowledge brought was genuine. But after years, the controllers detected the danger. Or they covered it with fear and violence, or they corrupted it and used it to their interest.

Jehoshua came as a guide and one thing he taught was the Universal Laws. Just like many others after and before him. Today, the presence of the Universal Laws in the Gospel is covered by smoke and camouflage. It doesn't mean the message is bad or wrong. It means the Truth is there, but covered with corruption.

Now, forget about religion, new age, spirituality, philosophy, science, history, etc... We label things to better manipulate them, but when it's time to take away the corruption to uncover the truth, just imagine you with the Universe that surround you.

The Knowledge gained by observation/experience is genuine. And this observation/experience is present in all religion, new age movement, science, history, etc... The corruption creates the confusion.

This is why we argue so often. Now, arguing is important, but more importantly is not trying to convince. Stay calm and respect. Sometimes, unfortunately dialogue isn't the way. Example is better.

My two cents, Namaste sister, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Samuel View Post
To study and learn all kinds of philosophical views and other religious teachings from the globe even when we do not agree with them helps us to understand the true heart of God, the creator or whatever you wish to call him. After 4 yrs of theological studies I walked away, why ?
We have a confession session where we invited several Reverends to talk honestly about their life in the pulpit. Ooooh not one was able to unite the teachings of the bible with the reality of their life, thus living a double life.
They where good hearted people , some of them are my friends but they honestly speaking where in pure hell. A case where words and deeds did not match. So Rev. Frank Samuel ran from the pulpit to find himself as he related
to God and the world. I will not live a double life. So if you term that to be New Age so be it. I still love you the same, I am nobody to judge the awakening process of each individual. How can somebody say that Ghandi was not a man of God or that God only speaks through the Bible. In my journeys I met many Holy man who where closer to God than my friends in the pulpit. 50 yrs. on a spiritual journey, not perfect by any means but at least I can live with myself.
Thank you for sharing your story.

I am my own "religion" for lack of a better term.
There are no books, or doctrines.
Just my internal guide that I trust to feel my way around this vast and expanding existence. I just KNOW.

Perfection is in the eye.... :-)

Love and light to you,
C
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

labels divide, period.
Ego is addicted to labeling.
When one shows disdain for, or defense of a label, they are exercising their ego.
Identifying with a label, is the ego's need for attachment.
Cursing a label, is the ego protecting their contrasting "Non-Conformist" label.

I prefer to Be here now, experience all of this unconditionally, and honor my truth while experiencing yours from a neutral position.
No one makes me feel, besides me.

Circles,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

By the definition posted above, I would gladly accept the title and drive on....but what's the purpose of a title? I have no use for it. Does anyone? Other than a source of division, it serves no purpose.

When I was a kid, and all the way into my late teens, I was in a church family. Sundays, Wednesdays, all that. There was always a stigma that surrounded the term New Age. "Oh, when you meditate you're opening yourself up to demonic possession, those crystals they use are all about witchcraft - it's best just to keep that evil at a distance." Are you kidding me?! But that is what was taught. When I finally decided to start looking - I ended up with probably the same reaction many of you did - a combination of relief and outrage. Relief that all of your suspicions were right on the money. And outrage for having been lied to for so long. But back to the point, Christianity has always been the religion of choice for the great U S of A. So even though many people have used the vessel of Christianity to arrive at this point (this point being the recognition of a much bigger picture), the programming that went along with it is still present. Granted, we're all going to be at various stages of the deprogramming process, but that one is a doozie - one that carried a lot of ill-placed emotions. Fear being the dominant one. Evil is a spooky word, people.

So, if I carry the title of New Ager - does that automatically imply that I'm not storing up on food? That's just silly. That's like saying that everyone born under the sign of Gemini all have the same personality, or hair color even! It's a broad, sweeping title that lumps a bunch of people into a group that's separate from another. It's just another label whose time has come to get lost in antiquity. If the label doesn't imply an inherent connectedness, it doesn't serve us and ought to be summarily dropped. What if another label that meant the exact same thing (definition above) was used as the new descriptor of everyone intending and manifesting all of those ideals? What inclusive title implies all connection, all love, all knowing, and truth? When you come up with it, I'll take it.
WE need to move in a direction TOGETHER. How are we going to do it? How much more effective will it be as a collective drive?
Separating is so last age.

Peace and light.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #15
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I am SO in love with you right now!

The most baffling thing about all this "new age" labeling of ideas such as yours and mine is that I've not seen ONE post that bemoaned any of the major religions for being "fluffy". Why the unequal treatment?

Is it because the truth of being PERSONALLY responsible for EVERYTHING in one's life is too much to handle, so then rather than confront it or try to understand it they make fun of it?

I for one relish the empowerment I got from my new age years. Brought me to here. Brought me to knowing who and what I am.

Thanks, Kyle!
haha thanks!

and for the guy asking if your looking for validation i would say your not, what has been labeled "new age' needs clarification. it did for me too because some of it can be "bubble gum spirituality" and a lot of truths get distorted and "ascended masters" etc etc.

ive read new age books that talk about meeting jesus the "asended christ master" or whatever, that should set off red flags as they are taking what has been told to them is historical fact, when it isnt (jesus is combined mythological character -if you look into it its actually astrologically based and many figures pre dating jesus have the same 'died on the cross, then rose 3 days later etc etc, he wasnt the first religious character with this story)

anyhow the fact that this new age book contained a meeting with "jesus the light being" should set off common sense warnings. eventhough her book was filled with positive messages and meditative techniques, i couldnt take her whole pleaidian/dolphin/healing etc at face value.

ancient peoples have been practicing elements of what "new age" supposedly is. all religions have elements of truth with monumental amounts of rubbish. bhuddism,hinduism,muslim,christian etc. deciding what makes sense out of that is what works.

as well as science, the wisest scientist will tell you "we know this much, but itll probably get disproven" as that is historically what happens, so again elements of science have profound truths but using discernment again is best and not putting all your eggs in one basket.

i think "new age" is a box people think youll be wearing crystals and white robes and be very mellow and speak of love as the only thing, the only truth is love.

while I personally, agree love is a powerful force, and i choose to be positive loving and in balance with nature as best i can, its naive to believe LOVE is the end all be all answer, love is the yin and negativity/destruction is the yang.

i dont like negativity or "evil" but i realize there is a point in it existence. life is both positive and negative and you cant have one without the other, if negativity served no purpose it wouldnt exist. the fact is we GROW and evolve when we have something to struggle against, the irony is once we discover "that"-- we dont have to struggle as much, we can simply "exist" and choose to serve one path or the other.

anyhow, im babbling, what ive gained from all this spiritual/scientific inquiry is that i should enjoy life, its not a curse and if something bad happens to you or me its only "bad" from this human 3D experience, in the larger scheme of things nothing is good or bad it just "IS" and we should enjoy this slice of reality, ESPECIALLY if you consider how many bilions of people probably have it "worse" than you. its all a matter of perspective.

thanks fer listening!

EDIT--ps and YES!! personal responsibility is one of the best things to be gleaned from "new age" it is an absolute truth , you have free will therefore YOU and only you are responsible for your actions and their outcomes.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
SynchrOMicity
Avalon Senior Member

Location: S.KY Foothills of the smokey's on a big lake,110 miles from any major city in a vortex
Wink Re: ... New Age ...

Hey all, Feel inclined to get involved, so here is my opinion.
Why is New Age “bad” to soooo many people?
I don’t think New Age is bad to so many, it’s the idea that you can ignore your current reality, for a new paradigm that we are trying to bring in, to manifest, which is love based, instead of greed based. It is very obvious that our world has a lot of beings who have, it seems, no love in them. And that perhaps there are other forces involved that are not so loving. Ultimately, many of us desire the new age ideas & want to live in unconditional love & are. Many are not. There will have to be great shifts in consciousness to change the whole world. To ignore this transition period, will not help bring about the conscious change needed. So maybe that helps answer why you feel division, instead of love in oneness!

I think trusting your intuition, following your heart, is the most important thing, PERIOD, especially in times like these. The other things are a no brainer.

Yes. Before knowing settles in. Are you already walking around in your KA (light body). Are you manifesting apples in your hand? If not, you’re still standing on the stone. You can be IN LOVE, there are three plumes to the flame in your heart, Love, Power & Wisdom. Balance is the key.Just because we arrive into a state of knowing ,one love, does not mean we R done, we got a big universe in here to discover!!!
If people are mocking anyone, for anything, then they’re not in unconditional love. Unconditional love comes from understanding, not everyone is at the same level of understanding, and darkness reveals the light. At a higher level, one could say, all is good. While someone in TX right now, who recently lost their home, doesn’t feel all is good right now, but ultimately, it is all good because everything is unfolding to bring the change we need, but not everybody can see this. Also, a parent, out of love, could harshly discipline a child. It doesn’t seem like love at the time, but it is out of love.

We are at a time now, when you need to listen to your heart. All of life is your teacher, LOVE is the goal and LOVE wins, we have to finish the game, the game of LIFE, and tag your it!!!

Fluff good ,sticky good to, find the balance!

Peace to all in these changing times. tOM
SynchrOMicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

i agree you should use your intuition and feelings also meditating has been around a lot longer than the term "new age" and i recommend that too!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #18
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Why don't the other major belief structures get hammered as much?
Fundamentalist Christians get hammered - as do Christians in general (and rightly so).

Muslims get hammered hard - (and rightly so).

Hindus get hammered - (and rightly so).

Even Buddhists get hammered - (and rightly so).

Why shouldn't New Agers get hammered?

There is no single body of knowledge that contains all Truth and no lie. Each major religion or belief system contains some level of danger. I never said New Age was 'Bad'. I said there are pitfalls and I stand by that statement.

However, from your post, it is evident to me that you really don't want to discuss what they may be.

Best of luck to you in the future.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #19
Stephen

(Bear with me...I haven't had the time to read all the posts here. Mrs Dood is distracting me. hehe! )

What annoys me about the term New Age is how it gets a 'Bad Rap'.

People will simply throw EVERYthing into that catagory and call it New Age.
ANYthing that is not Religious or follows some Organized Christian Religion/Dogma/Doctrine.
Or lable people 'New Agers'.
I have been labled that many times. I am NOT a New Ager!
I even been told what I share is simply Propaganda and not truth.
Mostly by very religious people.
Very closed minded religious people I might add....

It is used in a derogitory fashion no different then how the term Liberal is used.
As IF all people that have liberal leanings are BAD, or stoopid!

I personally get real tired of lables like this.
When I tell people I am NOT religious they will then ask me why I do not believe in GOD. [groan]

I never SAID that.

I do not believe in a Zeus type God. I believe there is a Source of ALL Things.
I do not believe in a 'God' that is an old white man when a long beard sitting on a throne with a book in his hand that says if I am Naughty or Nice.
If I am Naughty then I get a zap from a lightening bolt and sent to some form of Hell.
If I am Nice then I am deemed 'special' and I get a Special Place to go.

I do not believe in that. I think that is silly!
To me to put 'God' or as I just stated The Source of ALL Things in a box like that actually limits any being of that sort.
AND..Of course *I* am still 'LEARNING' about this. I never will say I have ALL the answers.
I am still forming the questions.

The Source of ALL Things is NOT HUMAN...nor has a Human Face or Human like Emotions.
Nor can The Source of ALL Things have ANY HATE within.
It is a Being of absolute pure love.

The Source of ALL Things just IS! The true/pure form of BE-ING!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #20
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians get hammered - as do Christians in general (and rightly so).

Muslims get hammered hard - (and rightly so).

Hindus get hammered - (and rightly so).

Even Buddhists get hammered - (and rightly so).

Why shouldn't New Agers get hammered?

There is no single body of knowledge that contains all Truth and no lie. Each major religion or belief system contains some level of danger. I never said New Age was 'Bad'. I said there are pitfalls and I stand by that statement.

However, from your post, it is evident to me that you really don't want to discuss what they may be.

Best of luck to you in the future.
I've not seen any one group more bashed on this forum than the "new agers". Even the witnesses do it. And the mods.

I've yet to come across a post that decries any of the big 3 religions. And that's not from lack of trying.

Well, I am all for discussing anything, but thanks anyway.

Luck back at you.
:-)
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #21
arcora
Banned

Quote:
I've not seen any one group more bashed on this forum than the "new agers". Even the witnesses do it. And the mods.
If there was a group of ....say 50 Fundamentalist Christians here who cherry picked Bible verses to backup their own beliefs and attempt to convert non believers do you think they would get bashed?

To oblivion methinks. But aren't here and they aren't doing that, are they?

Look at it from the other side for a moment.

There are a lot of members who don't buy into the complete new age hulabaloo here. What gives you Spiritual or Intellectual superiority over them that they can't question your beliefs?

One pitfall of EVERY belief system is a sense of "I have the Truth. Don't question me. Just believe me."

Last edited by arcora; 09-28-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #22
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Hey Arcora I am glad you stay, no matter what we are here to help each other, and that's all that matters to me.
God bless you always, by the way my 1 1/2 yr.ol kid sends you a kiss and a hug.He's the little clown that makes everybody laugh.
Please take care and be safe
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #23
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
What gives you Spiritual or Intellectual superiority over them when they question your beliefs?

That sir, would be an impossibility as I have no beliefs.
I just KNOW.

Thank you for your time and energy.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #24
arcora
Banned

Quote:
That sir, would be an impossibility as I have no beliefs.
I just KNOW.
Just like the Christians, Muslims and Jews.

Congratulations on being so enlightened that everythiing you know is True and for knowing everything there is to know.

You are free to close your mind.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #25
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I want to understand why so many detest all things so loosely labeled "new age"? Why does it drive people so batty? Why don't the other major belief structures get hammered as much?

What am I missing?

You are not missing much. My guess is that you pretty much know the answer instictively but cannot believe how simple it is.

Peoples reactions, thinking and judgements are informed by thier social conditioning and programming. For many people that means the usual gamut of illuminati inspired dogma. It is as simple as that.

Whenever you encounter such prejudice you are simply encountering a situation wherein, should you so choose or be guided to do so, you can help.

Complex knots require patience and care to unravel effectively - and in such a manner as not to make the entanglement worse.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 10-02-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
info, new age, opinion