Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Canadian PM Harper Considering Prorogation (Again! Jan 2010)

Round 2? - As if it wasn't strange enough the first time

Gov't eyes pre-Olympic prorogation: reports
David Akin, Canwest News Service
Published: Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Prime Minister Stephen Harper is being pushed by some of his own advisers to prorogue Parliament next month as the most effective way to win control over the Senate and, ultimately, push ahead with his government's agenda on climate change, justice and Senate reform.
http://www2.canada.com/saskatoonstar...4-c37395a263db
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Canadian PM Harper Considering Prorogation (Again! Jan 2010)

interesting but in order for things to reach the senate they must first get thru Parliament he would be unwise to try this for a second consecutive year many have had it with those elected buffoons
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

The Conservatives are pretty good so far at swinging public opinion, and the lowest common denominator aspect of it IMO. The last prorogation they did the national sovereignty *specter* - with the irony (I guess???) of Quebec BQ and NDP cooperating.

I guess we'll see what they cook up. The war crimes charges are breathing down their necks. I don't think the Alkaida *specter* ('if you're not with us, you're a terrorist') is working for them much right now. It would have to get through Parliament, hmmm ... but they did stack the Senate recently.

That last one (Senate) must be a long standing wet dream for those guys
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Enlightenme
Avalon Senior Member

I know this is a little bit off topic but does anyone know if Harper is a member of the CNP, I had seen a youtube vid some time ago that said he was a member. I did find a link of a speech he gave to a meeting of the CNP in Montreal in '97.
Quote "Ladies and gentlemen, let me begin by giving you a big welcome to Canada. Let's start up with a compliment. You're here from the second greatest nation on earth. But seriously, your country, and particularly your conservative movement, is a light and an inspiration to people in this country and across the world."

Here is the link to the speech

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...1214/20051214/

He scares me.
Enlightenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightenme View Post
I know this is a little bit off topic but does anyone know if Harper is a member of the CNP, I had seen a youtube vid some time ago that said he was a member.
I haven't heard of the CNP before. I'll watch the vid to check it out. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
The Conservatives are pretty good so far at swinging public opinion, and the lowest common denominator aspect of it IMO. The last prorogation they did the national sovereignty *specter* - with the irony (I guess???) of Quebec BQ and NDP cooperating.
I've been thinking about this - the first *spectre* - national sovereignty. Really, what would Quebec (BQ) have done? Send tanks throughout the country? Made moves to destroy confederation? Invaded the other 9 provinces with its air force? Emerged as Canada's break away province, a new sovereign nation? At the time, the BQ was just opposed to [all that was going on], like the others were.

Here's my brief sh*tlist about this government (SPP list not included). There's really actually too much to document IMO, when I start thinking about the late appearances at photo shoots and embarrassment internationally etc.
__________________________________________________ __

Tory attack ads staved off an election, Harper says

PM posits that Ignatieff saw the light about Canadians not wanting election after Conservative barrage of negative advertising changed his mind

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1197754/

What an interesting posit. Does he eat the water glass next?

- Fixed election dates (?)

- Original sin (party merger - Harper, MacKay, Orchard)

- Closing access to information vs transparency

- Imperial leadership aka undemocratic

- Inept Cabinet Ministers (Raitt [where's my recorder, sexy?], Ritz[listeria jokes], Bernier [where's my NATO file, honey-boobs?])

- Losing Quebec in a fireball

- Lack of respect for Office (e.g. Louise Arbour at UN, Linda Keen re nuke safety)

- Soliciting David Emerson in Vancouver Kingsway, Chuck Cadman (despite his contrary stance as Opposition leader)

- Income Trusts

- abandoning lucrative, global isotope business, no vision, defeatist! public asset giveaways!!!

- Kelowna Accord

- Duplicate speech (John Howard), 2003

- MP newletters & ads

- medical isotopes, selling a Crown corp (public investment $20b) this is a BIG **** up - talk about trade partners and duties, responsibilities - we look like ****
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Considering? According to the CTV news..He already has...

This PM lseems to lack backbone to do this, he has interesting friends.
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Céline - I bet he does, like Dick Cheney, Conservative of the Year. Just dug this up, which I'll read. It's sad, sad, sad.

Text of Stephen Harper's Speech to the Council for National Policy, June 1997

Ladies and gentlemen, let me begin by giving you a big welcome to Canada. Let's start up with a compliment. You're here from the second greatest nation on earth. But seriously, your country, and particularly your conservative movement, is a light and an inspiration to people in this country and across the world.

Now, having given you a compliment, let me also give you an insult. I was asked to speak about Canadian politics. It may not be true, but it's legendary that if you're like all Americans, you know almost nothing except for your own country. Which makes you probably knowledgeable about one more country than most Canadians.
http://www.seekgod.ca/cnp.stephenharper.htm
Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Warren Buffett has a reputation for having a good instinct for money. I actually think he has great connections to political leaders, which help him more. So, this is his latest venture, which he says is 'green' - like his interest, now passed, in Alberta's electrical grid, i.e. wind energy, and US energy consumption/ independence (and the Alberta government's current tax-funded grid 'upgrade' to accommodate the USA's needs).

Warren Buffett Takes the Train to Work… Why You Should Follow His Lead
Trains present a relatively easy alternative to those problems. They obviously don’t have to worry about traffic jams and according to Burlington Northern, when they carry 100 tons over 1,000 miles, they produce 45% less pollution than trucks.
http://www.investmentu.com/IUEL/2009...the-train.html

Has anyone read Matt Cohen's 'The Colours of War'? Seems co-inkidinky. The invasion of Canada and trains theme. Also, it was the banking and railroad cartel that exterminated the great bison herds - and the millions of pronghorn antelope that followed bison. It ruined the tracks. It consequently destroyed swaths of peoples who depended on the bison for life, too, which was planned by General What's-his-name.

From The Extermination of the American Bison By William Temple Hornaday
Washington, D.C: Smithsonian Institution, 1889
http://etext.virginia.edu/railton//r...fhornaday.html

Tags
2010 olympics, pm harper, prorogue, vancouver